2004 taurus
MPG: Up to 20 city / 27 highway
Tire size: P215/60R16
Engine: 3.0 L V6
Fuel tank capacity: 18 gal
Curb weight: 3,322 to 3,514 lbs

help me so my friends stop making fun of me

Get a different car

Keep it as a daily and buy something actually worth putting time into.

manual and SHO swap

>spray bonnet matte black
>chop springs
>delete mufflers
>kill your friends and wear their skin as a suit

parents wont let me buy a different car even tho i have money

ecoboost it

Then work your ass off to finish high school with good grades because I'm pretty sure you're underageb&, go to community college for general credits if a field requiring a bachelor's degree is in your future, or go to a technical school if you're going into a trade, GET YOUR FUCKING NAME OUT THERE with career fairs, internships, etc, graduate, buy yourself a nice townhome or something and then work on cars all you want.

thier cars are shit too but the put a bunch of autozone clerarence shit in them

i hate it when people get this magical idea that you can turn any car into some sort of performance monster

>how do I make this a beast
You don't.
But, we can start. Take a picture of the engine and post it. If you have the good one, you can squeeze a bit more performance out of it.

Get better friends

You cant unless you are rich and want to turn it into a horrible street car. Just leave it alone. I had a mercury sable wagon in 03, it was the second best DD car I ever had. Leave it alone. Idiot.

>caring what your friends think

They're either bantering with you (so harden up, buttercup) or they're shit friends.

Car's a car, who gives a fuck.

Also, put a 50 shot of NAWZ on it and pray it doesn't explode.

You're gonna end up wasting money trying to make a Taurus faster man.

Forza dude.. Blame Forza...

swap with ecoboost

I know the feel, I got an 02 SE and my parents don't let me replace it even though it's dying

Find a garage and remove everything from the car except for the dash. Don't throw anything away yet. Get a corvette drivetrain from the junkyard for a few grand and some beer. Get some more beer and some friend to help lift the gutted chassis over the corvette drive train and set it down on some jackstands. Now you can mark places to cut the unibody to make the drivetrain fit.

It should take a few afternoons since this isn't an ordinary LS swap.

How many miles?

Things you can do to improve its performance.
First, proper maintenance. Oil change, synth, new plugs, new air filter, good tires, fuel filter, etc
Coil overs
Nice brake pads, and rotors.
Nice tires, summer and winter. No all season shit
Performance exhaust, and manifold. Cat delete if you dont do emissions
Intake if they make one for it
lighter crank pulley

You think that car is worth dumping $2,000 into?

>implying OP is old enough to buy beer

I think the only difference OP would be able to tell with all that is that his car is now uncomfortable and bumpy from the coilovers

Save your money or research what can get for better mpgs.

Hey OP I think the best upgrade you can make to that car is probably one of those DC plug in seat heaters

There is literally nothing you can do to that car the 3.0 Vulcan is already to strong for the cars transmission, drive it easy because if you don't that motor will eat your transmission gears like candy and leave you with a neutral condition.

>Vulcan
>powerful

this man sadly speak the truth

>reading comprehension

how hard is this?

If you have to ask, it's too much for you. Swaps are expensive, time consuming, and require a lot of mechanical knowledge.

They are joking, there is no fucking viable cost for that setup swap, you would be better off just buying a 90s era sho and if you're already at that point just buy a 97-98 thunderbird lx

fug im going to kill myself

Lol this.

Worked on my bud's 97 Taurus with the 3.0. And over the course of 5years it killed two trans.. Just sell the car OP, get a better platform to work from.

Blame Gran Turismo and F & F

Its only good if you have the Duratec

Instead of pouring thousands on useless mods and buy a motorcycle, see who's laughing when your $3k bike blows the doors off of anything short of a supercar.

>dude asks how to improve/buy a new better CAR
>bikefags come in to sperg out
Like clockwork