Ask a guy who just leased a 2016 Passat anything

Ask a guy who just leased a 2016 Passat anything.

Do you swallow?

>leasing
>not a tdi
>probably not a manual
0/10

Of all the things you could've done with your money, you lease a Passat, why?

why do you have such poor decision making skills

How many posts til you say "you mad poorfags"

Why?

>fell for the german car meme

at least you were smart enough to lease instead of buy or worse: be nigger rich buying a used one with thousands in repairs waiting.

salty fucking poorfags in here lmao

Enjoy your $500shitboxes

Where did it all go wrong?

Turn your trip back on old faggot

Needed a new car fucking immediately, didn't have the savings for a good used one and didn't have the credit or the down payment to finance something. So a lease was good due to the much lower rates and I got a good deal on it considering the above.

>>not a tdi
>implying TSI isn't close enough
>>probably not a manual
>having a manual car with a commute of 50 minutes of stop and go
No, please kill me now.

Good job perpetuating stereotypes. What adult doesn't have 5k cash at least for emergencies? You're an idiot and a poorfag. Please kill yourself.

>What adult doesn't have 5k cash at least for emergencies?
The kind that's spent the last 4 years at college in a town with no fucking work. Or if you can find some, they lay you off 3 months later for no reason because >lol right to work

Oh look a Bernie voter that thinks that his lack of marketable skills means he has a right to be employed....

>lease
>owners manual

Leasing?

Do you also do things like buy lottery tickets?

>implying I'd ever vote for that hack
>no marketable skills
Yeah that's totally why I got hired from three states away after college.
I'm being serious, that town was awful. Household average income was like 24k a year because the town council refused to let jobs come in that would pay more than $12 an hour because "muh unions".

why do you disappoint me when I don't even know who you are

Because it was in my budget of "fuck all down" and "about 200 a month." It's a nice car though I wouldn't want the repair bills eight years from now.

What trim level? I was mightily impressed with an SE that I got for work. Adaptive cruise control, comfy heated pleather seats, moonroof. Really nicely put together interior, high quality feeling steering wheel. Really liked the 1.8TSI motor too in terms of both power and fuel economy. No reason to get the diesel at all when you can hit 40mpg highway on 87 gas. A bit of what felt like lag from a stop, but not too bad. Big bang for the buck IMO, especially with VW's reputation right now.

An S but it came with the upgraded lights and a couple extra things like the floor mats and cargo things. Has heated seats as well. The lag has taken some getting used to since I drove a Cherokee before this but yeah it's not too bad. Shame the fuel economy absolutely tanks if you're accelerating even a tiny bit.

Lmao the fucking base model.

>leasing

>I don't know how leases work
>implying the upper trim Passats actually get you anything

This

I'm sorry LPG it was really my only option due to how fast I needed it. Got it for $215/m and no money down though.

You have to upgrade the fucking lights on these things?

Why didn't you get a better car if it's just a lease to burn?

Fucking probably could had gotten a nice Acura TLX with a buyout option already negotiated.

Instead you got some VW Cuckbox with "upgraded beams!"

Then why didn't you buy something smart. Y'know...to reflect your smartness?

Unions negotated $12/hr jerbs? Yeah you were fucked from the start. Nature vs Nurture and Nurture won.

>You have to upgrade the fucking lights on these things?
It was a package to have full LED lights, it came with the car already.
>Why didn't you get a better car if it's just a lease to burn?
What part of "I was on a budget" didn't you get?
>Fucking probably could had gotten a nice Acura TLX with a buyout option already negotiated.
>you totally could have gotten a $32,000 car for the same money as one for $22,000
>Instead you got some VW Cuckbox with "upgraded beams!"
Are you literally retarded?

>Then why didn't you buy something smart. Y'know...to reflect your smartness?
Like? Every one else wanted $1500 down before plates and shit and wanted similar monthly payments for lesser cars.
>Unions negotated $12/hr jerbs? Yeah you were fucked from the start. Nature vs Nurture and Nurture won.
What the actual fuck are you on about, I meant the council doesn't let them in because they think high wages will create unions not that there are unions there that pay shit. The council is all the major businessmen in the town so they want to keep their own wages low.

...you could have bought a new 2016 for 227 a month on zero down, and not had to deal with lease terms/avoid renting a car for however many years your lease is......

>based on 2.14% APR
My credit is pretty shit m8, I'd have gotten raped on the interest because all I've ever had is a $500 CC. They pulled like a 680.

You would have absolutely not gotten raped

680 is the threshold for good credit. Would have taken a small bit of negotiating on your part since you have limited history, but you could have EASILY gotten 2% on a new car, especially if you were in the market to buy right now

>tfw you've approved people with 680 for 2% on used cars before

>680 is the threshold for good credit. Would have taken a small bit of negotiating on your part since you have limited history, but you could have EASILY gotten 2% on a new car, especially if you were in the market to buy right now
Whelp. The guy said I was like tier 2-3 though, I don't know if it's different tiers for loans and finance. I've got plenty of miles and I get to just hand it over after the three years so with all that I thought it was worth it. I didn't have any options for co-signers either, my parents have shit credit due to divorce caused bankruptcy.

>tfw I'm expecting at least a $2 raise at Christmas and was going to buy a Mazda 6 before my jeep crapped out on me right after I moved

Wow that is some backwards, Low Energy Ted Cruz thinking. I hope you are voting Trump.

I hope you were not a Finance major. Even the stupid brobro oilfield dorks with their $75k trucks with heavily financed mods are not this bad.

Well the moonroof and adaptive cruise and pleather would make me splurge for the SE for sure. It was awesome to just plug in 77mph and sit back and chill. All while getting an indicated 40 mpg (38 calculated for the tank by hand).

hmm, so am i missing something? leasing is fucking great, lease new car for two -4 years and get the newest model when you are tired of the car

I still have no clue what you're on about, are you really saying I should have gotten something like a Cruze or Fit for the same money a month and a $1000+ downpayment?

>not knowing your credit score precisely before you step foot on a lot
You dun goofed.

Like you know anything about buying or leaseing cars.
I bet you only even have about 50 to 100 stories about people making poor car purchasing decisions.
Newfag

Pro-tip for the future:

The financing is one area where a new car dealership can fuck around with you the most. Unless you clearly articulate that you know your credit situation and the rates it should qualify you for early in the transaction, the finance manager is always going to pitch high and hope you bite/slowly work his way down till you do. A new car dealership may get you an approval at 3%, but write up a contract showing 7% in hopes you don't argue with, because anything above the minimum rate you qualify for is straight up extra profit/a bonus from the finance institution

Also, 680 would be Tier II for used (never tier 3 unless you had derogatory marks like a repo), but it's low Tier I for new. You should know your exact score, and have shopped rated elsewhere before you ever set foot on the lot

Leasing is like taking out a loan to rent an apartment. You are incurring debt to pay for something you will never actually own. People forget a lease is still a financed sale. You are borrowing money to rent a car. You have some very specific circumstances where leasing does make sense, but they rarely apply to most people

What are these situations that a lease makes sense?

When you use it for business so you can write off the expenses on your taxes.

Makes sense
Think I heard Adam Corolla talking about doing that.

1.)You are dealing with a very high dollar car that has an extremely steep depreciation curve/very high cost of ownership. Something like a flagship luxury sedan (S Class, 7 Series). In this case, leasing allows you to avoid the extremely high depreciation hit these cars take in the first few years of ownership, and lets you avoid having to deal with maintenance and repair once the warranty runs out. Usually the people leasing them are wealthy enough that the "rent to own" aspect of leasing isn't going to bother them, as they'd rather have exclusivity of having a new S class every 2 years

2.)You own a business/are self employed, and can write the lease of on your taxes against the business. This is usually where you see the largest number of 'sensible' leasing occur.

3.)You only need a car on a very short term basis (As in you live in London and got sent by your employer to the US for a year for work, and you need the utility of a car without having to worry about selling it/trading it in when you leave to go home)

4.)You have extremely bad credit, and your options are taking a Tier III/Tier IV loan on a shitty used car, or taking out a Tier II/Tier III lease on a base as fuck new car (So the choice of taking either a 20% APR loan on a 10 year old Maxima, or or taking 12% lease on a base as fuck 2016 Sentra)

also if you work for the dealer/manufacturer

they'll offer you a better deal to lease it and you'll be able to own it in the end for a huge discount compared to buying new. I knew a few higher ups who did this at a dealer

Is being poor okay with you?

I am going to have to agree with LPG here

Also, financing through the dealership is straight up dumb unless they're offering sub 2% APR for the full term of the loan. Most banks and credit unions will give you a 72 mo. loan for 1.8-2.0 as long as you've go an account in decent shape with them.

>not knowing your credit score
Knowing your credit score, even if it's your Capital One Credit tracker, or Credit Karma #'s will save you money in the long run. Fuck, you're even entitled to a free, full credit report yearly.

Another mistake that people make, especially younger or more 'urban' buyers, is buying more than what they need. If all you're using it for is a commuter, why go for a full sized AWD sedan? Gas, monthly payments (because you're spending your max spendable), wear and tear, etc... keeps you in that rut of not being able to bank money down the road.

>50 miles a day and leasing
Well, enjoy paying $0.10mi in 36 months. Hopefully by then, you can save up enough money and buy out the remainder... or start the cycle all over again.

Kek

sup VW bro, 2016 Jetta GLI SEL owner here