/emugen/ - Emulation General

holy fuck we're going to die edition please bump the thread fuck fuck fuck
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
here's the wiki zsnes vba and epsxe are bad stop using them please contribute last thread fucking died at 185 posts

Other urls found in this thread:

mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=news&Number=360075&Forum=All_Forums&Words=MooglyGuy&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=359938&Search=true#Post360075
mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=358682&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
noxa.org/blog/2011/08/21/building-an-xbox-360-emulator-part-6-code-translation-techniques/
github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/5d28029be893db3edd43c13b87e48d83148a9a36
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files
amazon.com/dp/B0000C7GHG/
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/commit/d39d89594dd802593ab00b482306a14d8cc5ad8b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess its not an emulation question, but I just got my hands on an old dreamcast, it has a circle with a 1 in it next to the region code, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good cd burning software. I looked up some how-tos, but I'm not sure what to trust and I want to avoid programs with set up exes.

bampu :^)

imgburn

homebrew general, yeah I guess that makes more sense, thanks.

bump

bampu :^)

mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=news&Number=360075&Forum=All_Forums&Words=MooglyGuy&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=359938&Search=true#Post360075

Cellphone emulation

Meh Veeky Forums itself is dying

no games

Any suggestions for an emulation box that can play PS2/GC decently? I don't really know what I'm doing.

Replace that 950 by a 1050/ti.

why buy win 8? id rather pirate an OS or find a deal. I would wait for the gtx1050 if that's not already out.

mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=358682&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

>Porting Cg shaders to the minimalist GLSL-like subset that BGFX demands is actually quite a pain. BGFX only lets you use a bare minimum of shader features due to the fact that one of its supported platforms is WebGL, which doesn't get you a lot of niceties.

BGFX confirmed for "lowest common denominator" bullshit

btw that thread has some drama too

I got curious just and tried out 3DS emulation after months just observing the progress...
How to run Citra's upper screen fullscreen? Is it only possible with those unofficial builds? Is it possible to use controllers yet?

>How to run Citra's upper screen fullscreen? Is it only possible with those unofficial builds?
Yep.
>Is it possible to use controllers yet?
With the chinese builds or some guy's build on gbatemp. Last I checked the bleeding edge builds didn't have support.

What kind of wizardry MS uses on their X360 emulator for Xbone?
It is certainly HLE,but how do they achieve such great optimization running PowerPC instructions?

Probably AoT compilation, during the install.

WE'RE GONNA DIE YOU FUCKS! DON'T YOU LOVE THIS THREAD? THEN BUMP YOU FUCKFACES!

oh

I've spent an inordinate amount of time on this ps2 softmodding bullshit. I can use fcmb + burned discs just fine, but I want to play games off of SMB thru ethernet connection because I heard that method plays better than discs (which have been a little fucky for whatever reason like broken cutscenes).

I have an active, primary partition "PS2SMB" made and I've put games on it using both the USBUTIL and USBExtreme methods. I use a crossover cable to connect my PC and PS2. I've tried various IP numbers for Open PS2 Loader.

Fucking thing still either wont connect or is connected but won't detect any goddamn games on my PS2SMB partition. This is stupid. I've tried following several tutorial videos so they must be leaving a lot of shit out if what I'm doing isn't working.

You need to manually assign a local IP to your PS2 in yoand make sure it's a public share and you're using an ethernet cable straight from your PC to your PS2, some switches break connection.

I've been through the desert on an emu with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Well i was in the middle of using HDLoader, and while that didnt work, OPL now detects my games on the partition. I have a faint idea of what caused this, and it's so fucking stupid. The tutorial video I followed literally said otherwise.

Thanks for the advice. I didnt realize 1050s were a thing now.

Do I need a powerful PC to emulate the PSP?

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Depends on what you consider powerful but I can emulate PSP fine on my 7 years old overheating laptop.

for ps1 emulator what should i go with thats the easyest

Funny how the same guys who are all busily stealing RA's features are at the same time lambasting it for this or that reason (New Retro Arcade being the latest bullshit).

MAME/MESS dudes are a bunch of losers with no skills who themselves are the biggest plagiarists and thieves around, stealing this or that from random emulator X or Y and incorporating it back into their badly performing jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none huge mess of an emulator.

Need a little help. I used to emulate SNES and PSX about a decade ago all the time and was very 'in the scene'. I have since just been playing current gen games and am starting to look at emulating Wii/GCN with Dolphin.

My question is, are all game downloads just massive zip part link lists? I really just want one download link for a full game, it shouldn't be hard to provide. Where do I find decent places to get these games?

The wiki has what you are looking for.

Shitty gif quality aside why do text boxes affect the shader like that? It's way more blurry than it should be normally but sharpens whenever you talk to someone. This is the only game I've ever seen anything like that happen.

drop the cooler, you don't need it.
get an i3-6300 or i3-6320 instead.

get cheaper memory and OC it yourself.

get an ssd instead imo.

get a 1050(ti).

pirate w10.
if you're lazy you can get a key for ~$15.

Were do you guys get your rooms from the palce I used to get mine got shut down

>1050ti to emulate PS2/GC decently
While the price is nice, this is overkill and he would be better off buying a cheaper older card. I have 3 desktops, I still have cards from 4 years ago that are playing PS2 and Gamecube games full speed with no problems.

>While the price is nice, this is overkill and he would be better off buying a cheaper older card.
i think gtx1050 is better than 950 imo.

/dedgen/

>tfw can only emulate up to 5th gen and not in a really good way desu

Get a superior fat PS2 and install FHDB.

Ethernet is hot garbage when you realize it's capped around 1-2MB/s, far worse than basic disc read speeds.

Trust me, HDD is worth your time. I can effectively use my PS2 with no memory cards now (still nice to have) due to FHDB booting from the drive and OPL's virtual MCs.

I know I can use hotkeys in PCSX2 because I did several years ago, but I don't remember how.

Do I have to install a plugin?

Currently using a DS4 with DS4windows if that matters.

>I'm still pretty burnt out on N64 things

Why don't he just admit angrylion beat him to it already?

How hard it would be for regular non-paid enthusiast emudevs make something like that?
360 seems better documented than OG Xbox.

Im so fucking bored of gaymen today, everything is just SEASON PASS and cuckoldry.

member when games where just AWESOME?

what game should I emulate and play?

Nevermind, the Xenia dev answered that many years ago:

noxa.org/blog/2011/08/21/building-an-xbox-360-emulator-part-6-code-translation-techniques/

Spyro 1-3 on PS1
Crash 1-3 on PS1
Mario 1-3 on Nintendo
Sonic 1-3&K + CD on SEGA

Anyone managed to get MH4U running with Citra?

I wanted to take high res pictures of my delicious huntress but I'm getting this error.

play a better game

>implying 4U isn't the latest good monhun

sorry, typo

play a better series

How safe is it to use your real google account in an Android emulator? Everyone I've seen seems to be a chinese dataminer honeypot.

Why would you want to?

Because I want to continue playing a game that uses google play games

how do I not get a trojan when downloading .apk emulators
would need myboy for multiplayer but i'm too jew to pay for it

Use Bluestacks

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/5d28029be893db3edd43c13b87e48d83148a9a36

They look for little ways to make RA worse.

good source for ps2 isos?

Can't say it was working before.

emugen you newfag

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files

:thinking:

A 1050ti is a bit over a 770 and over a 960 so no it's not overkill unless you only care about native or 2x res also The price performance ratio is in favor of the 1050 right now (on the Nvidia side of things obviously but PS2 emulation and AMD aren't a thing) unless you can find a 960 for really fucking cheap but then in a mini ITX case it pays to have something that uses less power so a 1050 is pretty much the better choice all around.

amazon.com/dp/B0000C7GHG/

Is this good enough for PS2?

W10 is not desirable, pirate W7 instead.

i desire it

A couple of squaresoft games switch to high resolution to display text better and then switch back again. Both seiken densetsu games and rudra no hihou for example.
Monster hunter is garbage

well you desired wrong

3 days until Mooch becomes legal

What did Rachel even contribute to Dolphin? Fiora was a much more useful tranny.

someone please paste a make america great again cap on this guy

We're low on drama i think

Any recommendations for a GBA emulator that can run under linux on an Atom N270?
I tried mGBA but it requires a 64bit process. Is this completely hopeless?

retroarch vba core?

Thanks, I'll give that one a try.

Rachel used to compile builds with some change that broke rendering on intel reversed for poorfags here on /emugen/

LOL, more like he just isn't a TinyTiger and he can't do a ParaLLEl with MAME no matter how much he wants it.

MAMEdevs again, all bark, no bite. Dolphin/Citra/PCSX2/Reicast/PJ64/libretro etc all have better and more competent emulator coders than these MAME dudes.

I love downloading PS2 games at a quarter of my maximum speed

He ain't American though

d3d12 boiiiiiiiiis. best backend in rpcs3 history

>What did Rachel even contribute to Dolphin?

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/commit/d39d89594dd802593ab00b482306a14d8cc5ad8b

Is amd opengl still fucked on pcsx2?

I don't know, sorry. What actually happens when you try with AMD anyway? Does it crash, run poorly or run with glitches?

I dunno, mudlord is super incompetant.

I still can't believe she's really gone.

bump

What's with the weird resolution?

Just what the window size was.

3fps

Supercomputer desu?

6600k.

Yep, figures

Run poorly on windows, with glitches on linux (for me at least)

The AR code for melee widescreen doesnt seem to be working for me, anyone got it working? Using ishiiruka rev 822

With the new "taiHENkaku" update, is there any benefit emulation/Retroarch on the Vita could have?

N64 or Dreamcast on the thing would be glorious.