/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Unlocalized MMOs
pastebin.com/uZyHtnDD

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-28102016
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj
nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral
youtube.com/watch?v=61cNBkoMjp8
youtube.com/watch?v=y8MqvtruWy8
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyMTMzMDQ0MA==.html
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyMTI3NTQ0NA==.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Revpasta. Should be the last one before beta. Sorry for freeloading, /mmog/!

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-28102016

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Resources
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

>Can I play now?
If you have a CBT key for the English version, you're all set for the first test on 11/3. If not, your only option is to download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. Information on how to play the Chinese version is in the FAQ.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

Please tell me these ears can be worn by males too.

Yes, of course. There's a white pair that can be bought from a reputation vendor too, and I personally think those ones are better.

Great.

Is Vindictus a good game with a good population?

The combat is great, but I think the population is dead or in the process of dying.

RIP EUbros.

What free MMO can I play with my friends that doesn't completely limit f2p players?

>I don't wanna play SWTOR and especially not as a f2p player

Say something nice about your most hated class.

SN

Assassin's waifu is pretty cute.

I want to have fun, what are some MMO's that let me have fun.

Something that lets you buy Premium and CS items with gold, probably.

1. Twin Saga private server
2. Aura Kingdom private server
3. Revelation Online
4. Blade and Soul, though you can't directly buy Premium with gold - you need to shadily buy it off other players, which is supposedly a bannable offense

There's more, but I can't think of them right now.

I can just buy the explorer pack and get into the CBT, right? Do I have enough time to get into the CBT?

The CBT hasn't even started yet, so yes.

I think DPS classes should live in harmony with Tanks.

Humble tanks are a blessing upon the world

whats the pvp like in revo

Kind of bad and imbalanced.

Chink version of Tera's PvP with the combat being dumb down since it's tab targeting.

Overall combag is complete garbage, don't play it for that

who wants to play dragon nest with me im making a new character

Play Wakfu with me instead.

no i dont like it sorry

>not the original
Got you covered, guarenteed.

>Join Baka
>they help me level to 50
>they help me kill the quest bosses
>they quest with me
>they teach me how to pvp
>they let me in their guild
>they take me to their guild wars

Why do we hate Baka again?

You repeat things

what's the name of the revo guild????

Baka

Humble tanks are the best. I wish I could find more of them instead of the Kirito and Sephiroth rabble that you typically find in instance queues.

If you can get a good host boat it's alright. Solo is alright as well. Vindictus is so meh to me now. Such a shame too. It feels like combat has gotten worse (maybe?)

Anyone mind posting their characters from any game and what MMO you're looking forward to the most right now.

why

I'm waiting for the update for Wakfu. Comes out tomorrow.
Can't fucking wait.

If you have like $18 to throw down, buy the explorer pack for revelation online. It'll get you into the CBT on november the third. Worth a try IMO.

I want to see what people are playing and what they're looking forward to.

Do you play only with one client?

I haven't tried out the CN version (so no characters to post) but I'm looking forward to Revelation Online.

No, I have three. I'm too poor to subscribe every month.
But I usually play one character unless I'm doing a hard dungeon.

Can a gtx 275 run Revelation Online?

Revelation. Here's hoping it's worth the delay.

I still predict that it will get delayed a second time

Someone please explain how this name reservation thing is in Revelation. Does it really start in closed beta testing for it? Are they really not wiping characters going into live?

can you make a flat chested character in revelation online?

if it gets delayed again i'm refunding my founders pack and deleting my preload

But the update is already out ya dingus.

Is it? It's still Nov 1 here.

Looking forward to Revelation, but I'm still on the fence about getting a Founder's Pack still.

Oh you're right, i thought it was Nov 1.

Ready for the FOTM

If you bought a 50 or 80 dollar good goy pack you'll get a name reserved for your first character, I think. Characters are wiped going into OBT but not from OBT to live, which means OBT is basically a head start

Any idea when that could be for OBT?

Probably some time in either late December or January, if we're unlucky we'll probably hit it in February or my.com will be amazingly incompetent and delay it until the summer of 2017

The eyes are too big and she's cross-eyed.

wait will everyone be able to play obt?

Not him. Her style is fine. You clearly can't see beyond normal humans.

Yay, the fishing event is back.

I like the eyes honestly, but yeah she ended up cross-eyed because I set the focus slider all the way down. It's still a WIP.

Yeah, but the second and third tier founder packs get a ~5 day head start. Nothing for 18 dollar pack buyers, pay up goy

>her style is fine
>Literally crosseyed

You clearly can't see.

>Nothing for 18 dollar pack buyers, pay up goy
scratch that I'm retarded, 18 dollar packs get a head start too

he can see, just in two different directions at once.

Go ahead. post your normalfag character so we can laugh.

So we get a headstart on OBT, which lets us reserve our names, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=61cNBkoMjp8
youtube.com/watch?v=y8MqvtruWy8
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyMTMzMDQ0MA==.html
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyMTI3NTQ0NA==.html

I mean, it's $18 dollars to have a for sure pass into the CBT. Is that a big deal to you?

Probably, yeah. I'm still not certain what they're doing with CBT reservations, though. Guess we'll just have to see in two days

The problem I'm having isn't the money, it's whether I care to reserve my name which probably won't be taken, but I just don't really feel like dropping money on the game outside of some cash shop bits. Though that really depends on how much those bits are.

If you niggers can't afford to drop 18 dollars on a game you are excited about, not to mention, the fucking 18 dollar pack is 100% worth it (the costume @ 10 - 15 bucks + 1 month premium @ 10 - 15 bucks), you niggers are the poorest or poor.

a lot of it doesn't have to do with being poor, it has to do with getting into another 'hype filled' mmo that ends up dying or being mismanaged a few months after release, like bns and bdo. both of those are ghostyards compared to release.

I paid $9.99 for ToS and it turned out to be one of the shittest games I have ever played.

Nigger it's 18 DOLLARS, YOU LOSE NOTHING!! I bet you make that back in less than 24 hours. Are you fucking serious right now?

If you like it, try it, and if you really like it, support it.

I spend like 10 dollars a day on lunch. That's 50 dollars a week. 200 dollars a month.

18 bucks ain't shit.

Shilling harder than Scapes fuck off

You lose 18 dollars if it turns out to be a shitfest actually (which it most likely will).
I'd rather buy 2 pizzas than pay for beta access on a game that will fail. At least I'd get more enjoyment out of food than that overhyped trash.

fucking fags
for 18 bucks I could live in my yurt for half a month
can't wait when we finally conquer you

you can't refund it, so no, you lose 18$
some people just care about money more than others.

Y'know, I can understand it when it's the person who spent 100+ dollars. I can understand someone being pissed off after paying 100 - 1000 for a fucking digital spaceship (fucking morons), but 18 dollars!? No, you niggers have no jobs, no income. A bunch of poorfag united together trying to use your shitting "Shilling" logic.

ok
i dont know what game youre talking about but hi here you go

I'm talking about these poorfags who think 18 dollars is equivalent to 1 millions dollars.

Moneys money, its doesnt matter if its 18 or 180
Still why bitch if you dont wanna pay for early access. Dont play

But it does matter. I will make (more than) 18 dollars in less than 24 hours from now. 18 dollars ain't shit. To be complaining about losing 18 dollars only means one thing.

I'm not saying I'm rich, I'm just saying that if you like something, if you want to be apart of something and not miss out on potential fun with friends and it only cost an 18 dollars entry fee, then what are you waiting for????? With those 18 dollars you're actually getting more than what you paid for.

It's like.... when someone needs 25 cents and you have a quarter on you, are you going to give them that quarter that you WILL NEVER GET BACK or are you going to say fuck no, because you've given people your quarter in the past and they never given it back to you? I mean, who the fuck is going to bitch about a quarter????

If you're poor, then that's fine. If you were my friend I would have already bought you a Founder Packs out of my kindness because I know the situation you are in.

Well to be fair, if you're a neet then $18 is pretty hard to make. It isn't like there is anyway for a neet to make money if he/she spends only their time at home.

18 bucks has a different meaning to everyone.
For you 18 is worth it. For others it isnt.
Theres just no point bitching about it

I miss Phantasy Star Universe.
Any games where I can level/unlock different abilities, level/unlock different classes, grind out areas for patterns or cosmetic drops, and isn't a Themepark MMO?

>paying for beta
>paying to test something
>paying to have your character deleted in two weeks
wew lad

Meanwhile, in the real world, people get paid to test products or at least they get it for free but since game's main audience is a bunch of teenagers they get away selling a test.

That's another level of cuckery

Go play Phantasy Star Universe: Clementine

18 dollars into the toilet means 18 dollars went into the toilet

i found out about this two months ago and they have shit blocked off for newcomers apparently :(

I'm well off, to the point that I haven't had to work for the past 8 years now, and I still won't toss $18 at a game just to get into a closed beta.

Hell I've spent over $500 on Soccer Spirits (mobage garbage game) just because I was enjoying it. There's no guarantee that Revo's going to be good, worth $18 or even 1 penny. Seems like another generic throwaway MMO.

>soccer spirits
Jesus christ. That game was fucking garbage. Should have threw that money on Puzzle and Dragons or something better.

I spent 200+ on Tera. Dropped. Regret nothing.
I spent 150+ on B&S. Still playing it. Regret nothing.
I spent 200+ on PSO2. Dropped. Regret Nothing.
I spent Image on Steam. Regret Nothing.
I bought a GTX 1070. Regret Nothing.
I'm going to spend somewhere in the 100s on Revelation. I will Regret Nothing.

And you people have the audacity to say 17.99 for a Revelation Founders Pack is too expensive. What are you, poor?

ok
who cares
if you wanna pay $18 to play a free game, go ahead.

I enjoyed it, but it just became more and more shit. Damn shame there was never a skin for my girl.

Also P&D takes some kind of autism to care about. It always loses my interest very quickly. Maybe it's the stamina meter, or it's shitty menus.

No game is free.