>3,000 hp diesel turbo
>can go literally anywhere anytime
>yuuuge asf
>decent in city driving

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk
youtube.com/watch?v=I1z4AeI-Mxk
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5766099858.html
lrparts.net/land-rover-series-2a-3-rear-axle-including-stub-axle-rear-half-shafts-drain-plugs-and-breathers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My 3g 4Runner is based on the same Prado 90 chassis, I'm jelly we never got them in the states. At the same time, I would never want to give up my roll-down rear window.

Bout to cop a new trd pro 4runner lads.

Sometimes the ol Brits got it right

Prepare you anus, they aren't cheap but god they look awesome. I'll get one in about 3 yrs, once I'm bored with my GX

Sure about that? Pic related. The Brits thought 10 splines was adequate.
I was looking at these, but Toyota saw fit to keep the old 96kW 1KZ up until 2007. They didn't release the reasonably powered common rail 1KD until after that.

Would sell my soul for a 55.

Looking nice lad

1KD is not as serviceable, think it had issues with overheating too
got a feeling i'm getting my engines muddled up though

Tfw you will never own a nissan patrol diesel.

It looks lowered

Do you know anything about Range Rover Classic's/County's

found this sucker for sale and im wondering if would make a decent beater/dd for the New England winter.

Yes I have money put aside if anything were to go wrong with it and yes there is a range rover specialty shop in my town

Why not? They're 1-2k here in Europe. Surely they're not much more expensive in the USA

No such thing as an older patrol in the US, we only have wd21, r50 and r51 pathfinders and xterras. The one time I did see a y60 patrol for sale, it was a JDM import being sold for like $15k.

Probably gonna put on bigger tires next summer

> toyota re-released this in australia but nowhere else

reeeeeeeeee

C-can I p-play..?

can literally go out and buy a rusty one right now

but I already have a pajero

They don't sell Nissan Patrols in Canada. We can get 15 year old ones from Japan but lol RHD.

The new Nissan Armada is based on the ROW Nissan Patrol but its LOL Gasjob so yet again we get fucked over like a virgin pastor's daughter on prom night.

You should post this on Expedition Portal and piss off all those cucks with their $100,000 builds that never go on more than some fireroads and the mall parking lot.

I wanna play too guiz

>pic is pajero mini

Trackkick bro! I wanna play too!

Good thing they put 24 splines on the series 2 to avoid that. Your pic is outdated

Hellishly expensive for parts almost everywhere unless you know a wrecker.
Drink fuel.
Otherwise really nice
Don't expect to go fast

Anyone else have a Sami?

can light truccs play too?
my lifted ranger is cute and dirty!

I've also got a ranger.
Toyotas of comparable specs are over twice the price here. Its slowly getting to where I'd like it. I still need tires and a lift but it'll get there

>australia but nowhere else

DELETE THIS!

what do you consider hellishly expensive?

I understand its drinks fuel and i know it isnt fast at all

why 4x4 when you can 6x6

>can go literally anywhere anytime

no, no it can't.
it can't go here

youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk

>tfw no based cami/terios in NA
feels fucking bad man
youtube.com/watch?v=I1z4AeI-Mxk

Terios was a good little 4X4, the thing that lets it down is the lack of a low ratio box. the diff locks work well enough but occasionally you really do need that extra set of gears to pull you through.

i also had a Frontera(rodeo? mju?) lack of diff locks let that down

CR-V was good too, FWD with hydraulic link to rear wheels if needed but no low gear, no diff locks, not bad on snowy roads but kinda useless off road

Hyundai Santa Fe, full time 4X4.no low gears , no diff locks, LSD though so fun on wet roundabouts, not attempted adverse driving conditions in it yet

I have the exact same setup on mine with the toolbox and everything. Except it's gullwings so in the summer, I can keep water in there and not have it be over heated as hell.
Why do you have the bumper guard? I'm going to get a winch set for my ranger so that'll solve my bumper question.

i have to get my shitty lift replaced since it's really a drain on the suspension. take my advice and go for the $1200 lift kit unlike me cheaping out and getting the $300 set.

4.0 I6?

The bull bar I thought looks cool, and I'll likely Mount a couple of lights there. I'd also kind of like a light bar above the windshield.

I wasn't planning on lifting it much. 265/75/r16s should fit stock with just a torsion bar crank, maybe adding a leaf or block to it and calling it good rather than doing a suspension lift.

4.0 v6 1999 4x4offroad. Got it for $2k

>4.0 v6 1999 4x4offroad
damn i should've followed your footsteps. i got my 4.0 v6 2010 4x4offroad for 9k (CAD, though)

mine comes stock with r16s. why do you need a lift for r16s? they would look kinda small. even go for the smallest wrangler tyres available is what i'm thinking. just want to push mine up by an inch.

see, the thing about torsion bar tightening and extra leaf is that it makes it significantly more bumpy since the suspension is now less springy.
can you even block the leaf springs? is your front suspension springs like my 2010 or are they also leafs up front too somehow?

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5766099858.html

totally thinking about making an offer for this for $1800, drove it and engine sounded fine and shifted right and all the electronics and ac worked, upholstry was surprisingly good as well, only thing was brake pads were a bit worn

commence jeep shit talking now, scare me away from a ZJ

Always liked these. I got a Forester though

Looks really good man

>ywn have a 3,000 hp 4x4

Meme 4x4 reporting

It came stock with 16s too, i've heard itll rub slightly with the 265s on it stock, though the torsion crank should fix that.

Got a pic of yours?

ye boi. it's 3am here and i'm debating existential angst with a conty.
will get a pic when it's not 1. dark as shit outside and 2. tired af.

how high can you get the front suspension up with a torsion crank, though? can it spring the inch or two needed so that they don't rub?

I feel like i got the ranger at the worst possible market time in that the 2008s-2011s will start to depreciate now down from 9000 and will take at least 3 years to get back to 9000.

ah well. enough city driving should net me a crash one day. hopefully i'm not as sentimentally attached at that point

Nah it's about right for a stock one, you've probably only seen lifted ones

>lol wheel fell off

Do it. Pretty comfy and capable 4x4. Love mine.

Yep and they want you to pay 80k for a car built for basic cunts..

Nice ranger. Only problem I have with mine is this shitty electric transfer case.

Shiiet that's clean man, whats the story on it?

clean up your fucking yard you hick

Yep, she's my baby. Her name is Silvia.

Bought her last year, just as winter had begun. I actually had a 1999 Cherokee before her named Red, she was also very pretty, but unfortunately she was stolen by a crackhead and wrecked. The bastard.
Used the insurance money to buy Silvia.

Here's a pic of Red before...

...And after.

way to waste your torque m8

Holy fuck muh dik

>80k
Fuck that noise

81 Toyota Hilux 4WD, drove me out of the bush on 3 cylinders and a blown transmission. swapped out the entire drivetrain with a buddy in 4 hours with less than a dozen tools dealing with torching seized bolts to boot. theres a reason terrorists love em, this thing and my 3/4 ton Chevy have seen some shit

>toyota re-released this in australia but nowhere else
ironically, Australia currently gets every J70 body style (including our specific dual cab variant) except the short wheel base version you've posted.

lrparts.net/land-rover-series-2a-3-rear-axle-including-stub-axle-rear-half-shafts-drain-plugs-and-breathers.html
What the fuck are you basing that on? LR have continued to use 10 spline tooth picks at least throughout the Countys.

Anyway, about Silvia. She's a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 4.0 and Selec-Trac.

It's actually the typical clean truck story believe it or not.
Found her while just driving around town. Previous owner was a little old man.
Carfax certified one owner, no accident vehicle with over 80 service records. All performed by the local Jeep dealership since bought there new. Even somewhat obscure things like body lubrication, window regulator track re-greasing, and interior bulb replacements. Lol! Old man was a farmer, he used the Jeep as his "nice truck" his "going into town" vehicle.
Everything works perfectly, it's almost like taking a time machine back to 1997 and taking a fresh Jeep off the lot for a test drive.
Sorry for the blog post.

Few more pics from when I bought her.

Clean bay

Wow man that's quite a find, I'm mad jelly. My '96 4runner has a somewhat similar story but not quite as meticulous and looked after. It' trump card is not having seen a winter from '00 until '12 (I bought it in 2013) and only having 99k miles when I bought it.

Nice! I like those 4Runners too. Yeah, this Jeep is definitely clean. No rust whatsoever. Hardly even a scuff or scratch.
Here's a more recent pic.

Got any pics of your 4runner?

>in australia but nowhere else
>australia

Pictured LHD version in Dubai.