/nsunsg/ - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm General

Sweet Vanilla Edition

Coming soon: Road to Boruto
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-12/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-4-road-to-boruto-expansion-arrives-in-europe-on-february-3/.106361

Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=4J6y8_1w4ns

Trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=MEGRwiQ9j08
youtube.com/watch?v=eGcKgQBBRxo

Other various info:
youtube.com/watch?v=SQHumezGBDU
youtube.com/watch?v=HzG3PKw1rx4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mev-wFnH0s0

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/NSUNSG/
>Discord group
discord.gg/0tYAz6VE2zJENjBI

>New to Storm and/or coming from "traditional" fighting games?
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/7766808/#Comment_7766808
>How to force a jump blocker to do something offensive
youtube.com/watch?v=pMPEHZjOTWo

>/nsunsg/-approved fanfiction
docs.google.com/document/d/1IdKzPOFC6J_qhL-1BzyNEvVqhp73cD5oUGFVnqgbbEA/edit#
>R20 GM's summaries of the game so far
dropbox.com/s/uds093rtywlm38k/Game Summaries.pdf?dl=0

>Hall of Anal Devestation
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

>TLAnon's Patreon
patreon.com/TLAnon

>Naruto Artbooks, Music, Manga, etc.
pastebin.com/SmwKFShb

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetrymagazine.org/breaking/2009/03/30/real-random
youtube.com/watch?v=d8xoTBZrzko
youtube.com/watch?v=vXJgQLknzfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ded thread

>Naruto's boner

Ino and Sai make a great second-best couple behind Nardo and Hinata.

Who else thinks Kishimoto is planning on making ChouChou the babe of her generation after the time skip? She'd easily be the prettiest girl at a normal weight, her face is already pretty.

Besides Himawari, she's certainly been the only one to actually act like a kid. She's kind of silly/stupid, but I've been enjoying her shenanigans in Gaiden.

>tig ol' biddies

If they made a 3D animated episode or movie of Naruto in some fashion, would you be interested?
(think like the recent Gantz:0 movie animation quality)

Why did they change the regular headbands for elastic ones?

Yeah it's weird, Kishimoto used to write kids so realistically, but now he's gone the "tiny adults" route like every other author. With Himawari and ChouChou, like you said, being the exceptions.

People would probably find Bolt, Salad, and Mitsuki more likable if they acted more their age.

Naruto is a scifi now, everything is going "modern" so elastic headbands kind of suit that theme. They're in an era of peace where all of their inventors and designers have more time on their hands.

Hima will be a total qt (like her mom)

Less falling off than the tied-up ones i guess.

post your dankest sausage memes

>Oi!

Dude what the fuck. Sasuke is also Hokage of the Shadows are they triggered by that too

I don't have any cuz sasuke is ghey

Sakura's hair grows hella fast too. They're both equally perverts. Which Kishi proved with the fujoshi bait henge no jutsu.

what if she turns into a weird looking retard like her dad?

I'd bathe in the tears of lolifags if she grows up to have a buzzcut and personality like her papa-chan. In fact she's already a violent little brat, so I wouldn't be surprised.

>Uzumaki genes mean dark haired Kushina
>Hyuuga genes mean blue-eyed Hinata
She's destined for best girlhood no matter what.

DeviantArt strikes again.

>best girl
>beat up her brother and her dad because of a teddy bear
Whatever floats your boat, user.

Now that I know Gundam summons are going to be a thing in the R20 game, I'll be on the lookout for a summoning contract for one of these QTs

It's a once-off for the Exams, dude

>defeated the strongest shinobi in the world as a small child
Sounds good to me.

>ruined the day he became Hokage, something he'd worked hard for and dreamed of since he was a little boy
>resorted to violence over a teddy bear
Whatever floats your boat, user.

>blaming a small child for acting like a small child
>not blaming the Hokage for being unable to stop a small child
KEK

Alright, if that's the excuse you'll use, than Sakura should be off the hook too since she was a child when her attitude was at its worst. If not then I'll just call out a double standard when I see it.

Thesis-length realtalk for a minute. I need to get something off my chest.

I'm a huge NHfag and even I have to admit that after 2 years the novelty has started to wear off. I still love the pairing and I don't find any other naruto series pairing more enjoyable, and there really aren't many more aspects of the series that are still entertaining and worth discussing besides the wasted potential. but I feel like I've eaten too much Halloween candy and now the candy is looking less appealing.

But I don't think this is because of too much NH materials. I think it's because we've had hardly any new content in the series so literally everything about it is starting to feel stale to me. The first series was subpar (again: wasted potential) and therefore there's not much to feel about it. They slapped on the happy ending which, while it's great to indulge in, in some ways it kills a lot of the allure. It didn't feel very satisfying because it wasn't built up to or developed enough. They did their best to make a believable romantic progression in the length of a movie but it really needed a longer development to be more solid, and give more for people to be attached to and connect with.

I know it's said all the time and this idea is either loved or hated but: the new series really does need some slice of life, or at least more stuff that's "business as usual" and not "the end of the fucking world". It makes characters feel more human and 3 dimensional when you show them in more everyday situations, or in situations that people can relate to. You get to see all kinds of different reactions from a character outside of battles. Can anyone honestly say that goku trying to learn how to drive wasn't incredibly memorable and helped show off the characters' personalities?

I'm not really attached to any of the next generation characters after only that one movie. I hope they develop the new characters enough to stand on their own as interesting.

Basically what I'm saying is: The interest NH relationship can sustain can only last so long when it doesn't have the content to connect to to back it up. this general is in a bit of a limbo situation, just like the franchise itself. In here we get to discuss the bullshit of the first series in retrospect and monitor the new series. But it seems like it's completely up to the new series to redeem the shortcomings of the old one, maybe?

Not the same guy but Himawari was pre-Academy while Sakura was post-Academy. Even in normal children those years (6~8 to 12?) mean a lot in terms of growth in responsibility awareness and self-control, and in that world after you are done with the Academy you are pretty much expected to be capable of going out to the world and do missions etc. I would say that that amounts to a substantial difference there.

Additionally as far as I was concerned, Sakura's lowest point was in Shippuuden, I am more or less willing to let her worst stuff from Part 1 go precisely because she was just the age to be a little brat.
(Sasuke, always shown to be advanced beyond his years and descending into not just being a shithead but actually attempting murder is a whole different cup of tea however.)

Himawari wasn't a shinobi. Sakura was.

Try again, pinkshitfag.

> Sakura at age 16, or even 13, should be held to the same standards as 8-year-old Himawari
No

Sakura should be held to the same standards as a regular 3 year old, both are equally useless in an emergency situation.

I'm just salty they didn't flesh out sasusaku more.

Harsh but fair

Dude, no. By the end of the series both of their characters were so completely trashed by Kishi's desperate attempts to keep them popular and profitable, that making that relationship believable would've taken one helluva good writer and some major changes to the """"""personalities"""""" that they audience had gotten to know.

I am one of the biggest NHfags around and my advice is simply to be picky. Cute fanart I've never found enough of, but stuff like fanfics I've only ever read but a few, and even those tended to have other stuff going on besides the NH stuff.

I for one continue to enjoy both Naruto and Hinata as characters, and am not really even hoping we'll get much good stuff for them.
The Japanese family they will be used to portray is fairly far from anything those two characters would likely actually form on their own, much like how Naruto in the Bort era was shifted to better channel the exhausted, miserable Japanese office worker even though it makes zero difference. Perhaps from this the way I react to you is different: I don't have much of an interest in the new era content, while I still like the old stuff just the same, without ever really letting myself grow obsessive about it.

Honestly, Naruto as a franchise needed five years of no content. The Boruto film ought to have been about their graduation without grand rinnegan-hand end of the world bullshit, just bringing the powerlevels straight down to a reasonable level, followed by an actually good manga that breaks out of the formula, does something fun an new, grounded in the characters and the new state of the world. If GM user's story does one thing right, it is how it feeds from the change of status quo in the world stage.

>even though it makes zero difference
Zero sense, that is.

>that feel when fanfics flesh out their characters and relationship better than the source material
>that feel when you like it

kill me now famalam

No shame, man. One of my favorite pairings of all time is not even canon. Most of what I like about it came from how fanfics twisted it around so well to make it fit. I mean not that it would need that much twisting but they change both characters just enough (or interpret their actions in such a way) to make it work really well. These new tropes for the pairing work so well that 99% of all fanfiction for the pairing have at least one of them, even though they appear nowhere in the source material.

>dislike Sakura massively
>write fapfics out of sheer boredom for the general, someone requests one for Sakura and Tenten
>try to get into their heads, what, beside being drunk and lonely could get them to fuck
>Sakura is someone with a forehead seal, a lot of anger issues and a specially refined chakra user who is all alone in the world and just wants someone to care for her
>Tenten is a no-nonsense professional with a focus on weapon use who has lost people dear to her but can't seem to move on
>starting with a silly drunken affair, they could help each other move on, find someone dependable to care for, and be cared for first in shared grief/misery, then once beyond that, finding more substantial worth in the other
>even though I dislike Pinkshit as she was in the main manga, she was decent enough in The Last that I'd like to see her end up happy, which she didn't with the """marriage""" with Sausage
>because someone wanted a silly scene where they kiss drunkenly and are awkward about it the next day, I've basically become a fucking crackshipper
Fug.

Which one? I'll try not to be judgemental, even if it is NS.

That's actually on purpose, it's one of the things that doujin kind of revolves around.

It's not NS, it's not from naruto at all.

Don't be a tease, user. What is it?

Crackships are the best ships. It opens room for creativity.

What pairing.

I for one can take what I can get. And besides, not all fanfics are absolute fucking cancer. Some of them are actually kinda good. You wouldn't believe the amount of well-written sasusaku smut there is out there if you look hard enough.

The few ways to make SasuSaku likable is to make Sasuke has some form of human emotions, not too much, but any shred of them. And for Sakura to actually try to understand Sasuke and not fuck up with while not being a fangirl at the same time.

I've never read any of the stuff about them, but surely one way of making something interesting is embracing how broken and fucked up they are as people? At least for sex scenes there's plenty of material in that. Also it could be a happy coincidence that Sakura is into being choked and having her face pummeled until it is little more than bloody pulp, continuously healing herself as any semblance of intimacy freaks Sauce the fuck out, making him a violent, sobbing mess. And she's getting off on all of it.

It's pic related. I just find it incredibly hot and I can't help myself. The fanfiction is really good.

Also if you know of any good fanfics please put them on the list, I want to read how people fixed sasusaku.

>that spoiler
pls, more.

>pls, more.
Sorry, no can do. Sakura belongs to Tenten, Uchiha Fucking Shits can fuck right off.

Most (or some, whatever) of the smutfics I've read with them are so fucking saccharine it hurts my teeth and I love it. Shit like that warms my heart especially in regards to them after all the shit they went through to get to that point.

Most of it is from tumblr though. You cool with that?

Sakura belongs to every woman in my opinion.

>saccharine
Well, whatever floats your boat. Which, funnily enough would float mine too, if not for being about those two. Not only is that not right, frankly it would need so complete a breaking of the characters that you might as well just go the full length and give them different names and appearances too.

Well, certainly as underling to Tsunade and Shizune, stuff with Ino or 10/10, or one of Anko's hapless fuck toys. Maybe if she goes the genjutsu route instead of medic, she could have been a massive, massive sub for Kurenai.

You could have something interesting with Karui continuously sending her into a pathetic mental breakdown with half a sentence every time they talk, which result in some desperate, eventually sexually-charged fixation in Sakura about her.

But there are exceptions. Despite all the retarded /u/ material about them, Hinata is only for Naruto/at most Naruko and that would not work, and the rest of the girls are so irrelevant they can or cannot happen as you fancy at the moment.

tumblr is okay. go for it.

She is Hinata's daughter, NHfags would still declare her the greatest character ever created if she doesn't show up for the remainder of the franchise and even if she turns out to be a scat enthusiast

Look up sasusake.

>10

heh

Is it bad that I know the context of this panel?

no
yes

For a while I've believed the R20 RNG is bullshit. I've channeled my autism for about an hour and checked every time I've rolled dice in the R20 and put them into a spreadsheet.

D20: rolled 78 times

1> 6 times
2> 4 times
3> 4 times
4> 3 times
5> 4 times
6> 3 times
7> 5 times
8> 6 times
9> 2 times
10> 3 times
11> 1 time
12> 4 times
13> 3 times
14> 4 times
15> 4 times
16> 4 times
17> 4 times
18> 7 times
19> 3 times
20> 4 times

less than or equal to 10 : 40 times
greater than 10 : 38 times

"true" RNG (random.org)

1> 5 times
2> 2 times
3> 8 times
4> 5 times
5> 3 times
6> 5 times
7> 6 times
8> 7 times
9> 4 times
10> 1 time
11> 3 times
12> 4 times
13> 3 times
14> 2 times
15> 2 times
16> 6 times
17> 1 times
18> 3 times
19> 7 times
20> 1 time

less than or equal to 10 : 46 times
greater than 10 : 32 times

Something's fucky here..... can anyone who knows statistics tell me what it is? I can provide excel spreadsheet.

Looks like the rolls aren't that skewed, you just happen to roll big on the unimportant ones and low on the combat ones.

Namikaze2stronk

Okay, I just did some research on random numbers and consulted a math and physics major.

symmetrymagazine.org/breaking/2009/03/30/real-random

there is no such thing as a computer-generated "truly" random number. even irl methods of generating numbers aren't random. if we want this shit to be random the best we can do is use the decay of nuclear isotopes.

m8 you just wasted a load of good rolls

I didn't roll them to do this, I went back and looked at all my rolls.

>checked every time I've rolled dice in the R20

c'mon, reading comprehension, man.

>page 10

>78 sample size
Literally worthless, a rule of thumb in statistics is that the % deviation of any sample is 1/(sqrt(s)), we're talking like 11% deviation here on both sides as bare minimum.
You'll need a healthy 500+ on the first (the second doesn't matter, we know what 'random' should look like, we're not comparing to some other pseudorandom) for it to mean anything.

There's other ways like using background radio, but yes, true random is something we'd really like to have but can't figure out in mathematics.
As an aside, pi and other high level irrationals (aka, not roots) are not random either in base 10 or any other base, you just can't express them as a single (or finite number of, generally)

Single or finite number of rational numbers, got cut off.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8xoTBZrzko

This should be linked in the op Tbh

I've decided to give rewards to the players at the end of every encounter. Arata got his Kusarigama Proficiency, Waniko will get Polearm or Warglaive Finesse, Renya will get either Polearm Proficiency or some new Wind Release tech(s), and Fugetsu will get either Shortsword Proficiency or something chakra related

I totally can see naruto being breastfeed by hinata on a daily basis, even if she doesn't produce milk all the time, I think that naruto almost evrynight he likes to play with her boobs even if this leads to sex or just a cuddling up before falling sleep.

godamn it if I wouldn't love to have a partner like hinata and with those milky and pale titties right in front of her, I need to touch myself after posting this.

Ok.

Does Waniko get Reach and penalties inside caves?

you have a serious problem sir

Don't listen to the haters. You're right on the money.

How far are we in the exam, really?
We've only just now beaten the first mid-boss, there's gotta be like 2 or 3 more of those, right?

He's reaching into ERP territory and it's not even anything new, canonical, or discussion-provoking.

just ignore the trolls

>what is tmi

(you)

I'm removing Reach from her Warglaive weapon. It currently has it, but it's not really like a naginata.

Four encounters, a labyrinth, the non-combat area and the scroll area. You've completed the scroll area and one encounter. Non-combat area is next.

What does it look like? A warglaive to me is a western glaive, which is certainly a polearm.

Neat

Pic related is what I'm imaging the Shimazu Warglaive to look like, and Binkbonk agrees. It doesn't have the 8-odd-foot-long haft of an actual Polearm or naginata. I'm considering it as such for the purposes of Proficiency, but I don't believe it should have Reach. Renya is still using a naginata though, and that retains Reach. We've been using it wrong this whole time anyway.

Glad you approve. I still need to figure out how to give the players hints without spelling it out for them.

When will chakra enhanced tai/bukijutsu be implemented?

Depends if the players wanna head down that road. Fugetsu is likely the closest, what with his current Arcana score, but it's up to the players.

For Taijutsu, Arata already knows Chakra Enhanced Strength. He'll get more with time.

What like a sword strike that hits 3 panels ahead for more damage instead of the one in front??
How would that work for range weapons?

I'd just work it out on a weapon-by-weapon basis. Wouldn't be too hard to work in.

Jesus what the fug is that

Edo Tensei no Jutsu

youtube.com/watch?v=vXJgQLknzfI