Shitbox

Is there any real reason beyond "muh manual" that I would need my shitbox to be a manual car instead of automatic?

>Heavy traffic every morning where I live.
>Too lazy to feel a need to learn it.
>Yes i'm no car enthusiast but this is a car board.

Now onto my shitbox.

2005-2010ish era

Civic
Corolla
Mazda3 if I can get one cheap enough
Kia rio/spectra
sonata
Forenza

I just need good gas mileage and something easy to work on myself since poor.
Doesn't need to be a speed demon I live in a speed trap city with high traffic and i'm not a boy racer.

Objective: better gas mileage, manual transmissions are far simpler and easy to work on, keeps you more awake and focused on driving. Subjective: feels better, makes you look cooler, helps you appreciate and understand the car more intimately.

Faggot

Two higher mpg highway is nill for me.
Don't care about "higher focus" and looking cool.
Most of that list is taking the piss.

I live in NYC, I drive a manual. No one taught me, learnt from YouTube vids. I take the belt everyday so stop and go traffic is my life. Traffic is no excuse not to get a manual. I'd take the Corolla or the civic. They ain't fast but you'll save on gas and on repair bills.
Although I do drive a manual, I am looking for a second car that will be automatic, but not because shifting gears is hard mainly because no one in my family can drive stick

>implying anyone would disassemble their manual if it needed work

Most people here are mechanically retarded

>tfw messing with manual transmissions is the most satisfying part of car work for me

It's very relaxing.

>most of that list is taking the piss

Not intwntionally. How about this, it's a pretty good anti-theft device.

You seem really against the idea of a manual, like defensive, so do what you want man.

Just compensating for the fact I can't drive stick.

Anyone can drive stick. Just ask a friend or relative to teach you, it takes at most an hour.

why not teach family members now you got the opportunity

probably because his family is just lazy and doesn't want to bother, and it's easier if he just buys an automatic

funner
more durable longer lasting transmission
better gas milage
if the battery dies you can push start it
you can brake with the gears
and many more things

>no one in my family can drive stick
of course it's New York

>Just compensating for the fact I can't drive stick
you have to be literally retarded to not be able to figure that out within 10 minutes

Don't want to though.

What if I told you it would be fun?

>Don't want to though
then why did you come here you stupid fucking faggot?

What is this? fucking /v/? Fuck off

Because it's an auto board and my question is auto related.

What are you. Stupid?

Well if it only has cvt or manual i cab see a reason to get manual.

Different user but
>Only family members that know how to drive stick anymore are trump supporters in cali that tried once to teach me how in a z06
I live in nc my parents wont let me get a manual while im living at there place through college.I have money for a manual. They won't let me sell the car handed down to me from my brother. Want me to get something new as brand new.