/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WvFL_isaH3TTVra3pVNFM2c1k
drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WvFL_isaH3TE9FcVJmcU9HSHM
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/793534028288712704
twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/793659887280656385
pastebin.com/wMSNfZTV
kickstarter.com/projects/saffron/rogue-raiders-online-action-rpg-4-player-co-op-for
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for sun and moon seeds

My hacked New 3DS XL has blackscreen'd after updating it, and I was hoping there would be a way to fix it. I'm already certain that it isn't a problem with the wifi card, which seems to be the usual cause of black screens. I've also tried, with no luck, loading it into a boot menu. The two source's I've found said you could do this by holding L+R+power, or by holding L+R+up+A+power, neither of these worked. I don't know much about 3DS hacks, since I bought mine from a friend who had it done for him. I am able to look around at the files on my 3DS SD card, but I don't know what's what, but I can certainly take screen shots of what is where. Thanks in advance.

GIVE
THE
FUCKING
WAIFU

Reminder you can use Smash mode in loadiine with Brazilian install of Smash bros.

ANY DAY YIFAN

Shit edition.

aeskeydb.bin -
fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip

Does anyone have direct downloads/mega links for these files when installing arm9loaderhax into 3DS? My client is shit and won't work with these. Pls.

I will release the S/M seed tomorrow morning but first I need 20 (You)s on this post

If I get a qt pi bf I will release the source.

So in the corner or my rednand theres a x bouncing on my download management button.

Is this a problem?

(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)

Gib soon and moon link

Friendly reminder:
Pokemon Sun and Moon are already up for purchase in some regions, so we have the titlekey
WE STILL NEED THE SEEDDB, THE GAMES ARE NOT PLAYABLE
ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY HAVE THE SEEDDB IS LYING, ESPECIALLY HERE
The seeddb will be uploaded by Nintendo at or near the release date

REMEMBER, A PHYSICAL LEAK IS THE ONLY WAY THE GAME WILL BE PLAYABLE WITHOUT RELYING ON SEEDDB FILES, AND THAT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BEFORE THE END OF THE NEXT WEEK

Is there currently any advantage to installing CFW over just using BR or Loadiine? All I want to do is play a GBA Virtual Console game and no I don't just want to use fucking VBA. Let me have this!

I told you in the last thread. Get qBittorrent.

>one 500mb game

how many hours have you put into those other 19GB worth of games you apparently desperately need on you all the time :^)

Same here, once I'm done playing a game I just move onto the other one and whenever I feel like playing again I have to transfer, though it doesn't bother me as much as some people in here.

Patched signature checks, whatever that means

www.strawpoll.me/4760506/
www.strawpoll.me/4760506/
www.strawpoll.me/4760506

How the fuck do you update VitaShell?

drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WvFL_isaH3TTVra3pVNFM2c1k

drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WvFL_isaH3TE9FcVJmcU9HSHM

Alright, /hbg/. I know you want the seed. I'll give it to you...
...If I see five preorders of Skyrim Remastered. The clock is ticking.

I want Todd's seed inside me if you guys catch my drift ;^)

Is there a way to download and install .cia directly to a 3ds? I want to get Smash with all the dlc

Turn on the internet and open VitaShell. If it's a version that auto-updates, it will prompt you to press X. VitaShell will then open another LiveArea and update both VitaShell and molecularShell

More time than you'll probably have to spend downloading, sorting through, installing/reinstalling dumps, and backing up/transvering over saves every time you want to play or replay a game :^)

Your argument would hold more weight if we were talking talking about the 3DS or Wii U, both which have like 5 games worth playing.

This fine anonymous poster has the right idea!

ok...

so I'm in the middle of setting up a 3ds xl (old).

I had originally been following the steps up to the part where you upgrade but was running into a wall when trying to upgrade so I force-upgraded via a game which seems to work.

I wanted to redo some of my steps so I deleted the folders like I had originally before the updated and made new ones, including the a9lh folder.

My question now is since I realized I hadn't backed up that OTB or whatever file, where should I go from here? since I did originally insall a9lh should everything still work hunky dory and just update to 11.2 and go from there or should I go another route?

Henkaku r7 never

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/793534028288712704
lol jokes on you, just got released

hacked how? a9lh? anything happen if you boot holding start or select?

And yes I know, I'm king retard for the moment. Still getting the hang of modding 3ds's (this is the 3rd one, the other 2 went flawlessly (1 old and 1 N3dsXl)

>like 5 games worth playing

>first party games
>from nintendo
>worth playing

>(You)
>(You)
>(You)

>like 40 games on my 3ds now
>have beaten 1 and have some hours spent across like 20 others

Why did I hack this thing again

because you could

>no arguments

because you fell for the meme

try Stella Glow undubbed or 7th Dragon

Get a Vita. It has better games

I already filled up the installable game limit and the only games I'm playing is tr4sh, which I actually bought on the eshop and some shitty GBC hack of pokemon crystal

>no need

The furfag isn't going to release the update today, is he? So much for thinking he wouldn't fuck this one up.

Honestly this. I hacked my 3DS, installed a shitload of stuff, played a bit of everything and nothing really hooked me, picked up a Vita and play it pretty much daily, and it's not even hacked. The 3DS library is pretty shit to be honest.

How can I change the shit before the version?
Is there any guide to do it?

>downloading

lol what are you even on about with this, how is more time spent downloading games over a period of time than downloading them all at once. Hell I have plenty of games I haven't played downloaded they're just tossed in a folder on my PC

>sorting through

I agree it is very hard spending two seconds glancing over a list of folders because the alphabet is hard

>installing/reinstalling dumps

>installing a number of games over a period of time takes a different amount of time than installing the same number at once

OK

replaying games is literally your only point worth anything

Did the update to 3.63 do anything?

>hacked both 3ds and vita
>filled them both with multiple games i wanted to play the fuck out of
>my days have been playing 1001 spikes (3DS), pocket card jockey (3DS), and Disgaea 4 (VIta)

>40 games on my 3DS now
>have beaten 14, working on 15

Why didn't I hack this thing sooner?

So how do I start installing games/emulators on Vita?

by going to school and learning how to read.

I WANT IT! I DEMAND THE SEED REEEEE!

>tfw work keeps me from infinite time to play the truckload of games I have

I miss College.

bend over

You'd be better off begging for a physical copy to leak. The seed won't come until release day. Count on it.

>installing splatoon,mario maker to my wii u
>playing for like 5 minutes and turn off
>same happend whit the original wii
Why anons i hate that feeling

>tfw I work from home and now have more free time than I ever did in college

But user I'm retarded and don't actually know where to start reading

Send help

then only the power of trump can help you

oh geez

BRICKED
R
I
C
K
E
D

twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/793659887280656385
pastebin.com/wMSNfZTV

Sorry for taking so long to reply, and thanks! Holding start opened up this thing called Decryp9WIP. Here is a pic.

>list of retards
kek

>Installing Monster Hunter 3 update to sysNAND using Wupinstaller y-mod (has disc)

Fucking lol.
They're all retarded.

3DS OR VITA???????????????????????????????????????????

both, get wii u too

do you have a nand backup? should be able to restore it from there

VITA

I don't get it. I'm guessing that ROMs should not be installed to sysNAND?

natural selection

Yeah I don't get it either. Which actually scares me, even though my plan was not to be scurrd.

Vita. Better hardware and arguably better library if you don't care about recycled Nintendo shit.

3DS if you want to have fun, Vita if you want to feel superior

What are some lukewarm fun co-op games on the 3ds?

>Vita if you want to feel superior

How would that work? The Vita has been considered shit for years.

heroes of ruin

what work is it? I'm a retail slave so this is as bad as it gets. Get paid shit to stand around for 8 hours come home so tired and don't even feel like playing games

It worked, thanks user! Now I get to enjoy starting my ACNL town again.

Deleting is for 3DS shovelware garbage. You have no soul if you actually delete good games.

Is that actually in Danganronpa? No wonder normalfags lap up that shitty artstyle series.

I bought a used Vita and didn't know about the 1 psn account per system thing. Is there a way to unlink it and link my own without losing my saves and/or resetting to factory settings?

no prob, happy to help

Are you implying that LNs aren't trash?

>b-but muh real social issues
>muh ugly artstyle just like me

Whatever you say, user.

Gundam Breaker 3 (paid) DLC where?

Anyone got a link to a guide for injecting gba games or something for .gba->.cia ?

This has literally nothing to do with the previous 2 posts

kickstarter.com/projects/saffron/rogue-raiders-online-action-rpg-4-player-co-op-for

Will we be able to play online together when this is released? Or will it have the stupid firmware checks like the newer games?

Stop promoting your dump shit. Running all over the Vitagen thread too.

"This exploit requires you to System Transfer from a CFW 3DS to a stock 3DS as part of the steps. System Transfers will work in the following directions only:
+ New 3DS -> New 3DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> Old 3DS or 2DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> New 3DS"

So I can do OG 3DS to N3DS XL right? Or is it not covering XLs? Only confused because i'm trying to figure out what it would be excluding

N3DSXL = N3DS

originally we didn't have a small N3DS in the US.

>Vitagen
Stay in your containment thread fag

You can't transfer a New 3DS to an Old 3DS. I think that's the only restriction, though.

>originally we didn't have a small N3DS in the US.
That has nothing to do with it.

It's not a different model like 3DS/3DS XL are to 2DS OR New 3DS/New 3DS XL. The differences don't matter in this context.

>furfag multiplayer shooter game

Did Yifan make this :^)

Figures vitagen would be all over this shit

Are you trying to say that realism and shit art isn't far worse? Or are you trying to advocate for 3DPD?

>vitagen
>furfag shooter

You must be delusional. All they do is post 2D girls.