What does this light mean?

What does this light mean?

Surprising fact: 90% of cyclists don't know the answer!

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/cities/2015/oct/27/cyclists-run-red-lights-paris-london-san-francisco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For most drivers it's the "off, that was close" drive by signal

This light means CARS have to stop, this shit doesn't apply to bicycles. If you hit me I'm suing I don't give a fuck.
t. Cyclist

If you want to pretend to be a car and ride in the middle of the road, abide by the rules of the fucking law

You know how many times I have almost been hit by a dumbass cyclists crossing the zebra? And then THEY get angry when I tell them to suck a dick

Why would i follow the rules made for CARS I'm not a fucking car. I weigh 150lbs and go like 5-12mph you think i have to follow your stupid laws. If you cant avoid someone going like 5mph than you deserve to get your license taken away

it indicates 3 seconds to the next perpendicular traffic phase

>biking to and from store on occasions
>always use crosswalks with the lights
>always follow lighting
>stay on the sidewalk unless its busy
>stay in bike lane if traffic isn't crazy

>coming home a week ago
>sitting at crosswalk on busy road
>I get the light to walk across
>drivers have all red for a short time
>guy in the lane that goes the same way as crosswalk has a red
>as I move out onto the crosswalk he just decides to go and turn damn near hitting me
>flips me off as he peels his wheels

Fuck you motorist I was legally right ya jackass.

Pedestrians have rules to follow as well

like "cross with traffic, not across it"

however, cyclists like to decide which rules apply to them from moment to moment

Decent b8

That's because the legal systems all allow cyclists to be both a pedestrian and traffic vehicle on the fly.

Go ahead and read the laws behind most of them. You'll find its confusing as shit.

for all intents and purposes, they're vehicles on the road and pedestrians when not

it still doesn't let them run reds. they have to get off the road and take the crosswalk, which corresponds with a green in that direction and no arrows that allow vehicles to cross their path. so, they still wait for a fucking green light.

You know what's worse than fucking cyclists ?
These fucking things. I see them on the road every fucking time. Going a whooping 6km/h while everyone else has to swerve around.
I hate these things and every faggot uses one.

Some locations have a stop-yield-go at red lights.

Meaning if there is no opposing traffic at the red it can be treated simply as a yield sign.

What the fuck, that's not what it means

It's there if the light doesn't work, then it becomes a regular Yield crossing

With the hierarchy being
Policeman > Light > Sign

What the fuck

theguardian.com/cities/2015/oct/27/cyclists-run-red-lights-paris-london-san-francisco

>often referred to as the Idaho Law after the US state where cyclists can stop and roll through a red light if the way is clear

>When Paris changed the rules this summer to allow cyclists to ride through 1,800 red lights, the French capital joined Brussels and cities in Germany and the Netherlands which have been doing just that for years.

Learn the fucking law. Like I said, they may not be breaking it in their area. And you are getting pissed off from your own god damn ignorance of not knowing the law.

Well this law is almost as stupid as the one here in Hungary where cyclists can ride while drunk

>wahhh cyclists should follow the law
>wait the law says they can do it?
>wahhhh its stupid and unfair
>wahhhh
Whats it like being worse then anime shit posters?

>They should be allowed to go through a red light risking others because they are special snowflakes
What a great law

>special snow flakes
That has nothing to do with it.

It's there to help lower congestion. In large cities were cyclists out number the vehicles having them follow all the laws lead to a shit load of traffic congestion.

>no sitting side by side
>no moving at red lights

Changing those laws allowed for faster traffic flow for vehicles and cyclists.

You are bitching about something that actually helped you because you think someone is acting like a "special snowflake" when its their for efficiency.

Jackass. Put on a trip so I can filter you.

>cities were cyclists out number the vehicles
copenhagen? amsterdam??

90% of European cities.

So, answer me this. Do you consider you and your bike to be a car in legal terms?

I consider my bike to be a vehicle of light transportation. And as such would have laws that are fixed on it, similar to how heavy duty trucks have laws, light duty vehicles have their own laws, large transportation has their own laws, normal transportation has its own laws, off-road type vehicles have road laws.

You are pretty typical uneducated person if you think the laws for your 4 door sedan are the same for someone who owns a light duty pick-up.

A vehicle.
So you follow CAR laws.
You stop at red lights, you co-operate with other road users, and you can use the road systems. There is no flexing around like "I'm a car but I only follow so and so laws" or "I'm a pedestrian who gets full right of way but I don't need to follow the lights", you are a CAR, you follow CAR rules, you go where CARS go.

>Follow car laws
>Law states bikes can yield at red lights instead of having to stop and wait
>does it
>car driver behind him
>FOLLOW THE FUCKING LAW!
Are you retarded? They are following the law.

And in cities where cars outnumber bicycles, they can also cross the red light and not give right of way

Duh duh duh I'm so dumb

they don't know the answer in bangladesh.

>I weigh 150lbs

>tfw t-boned cyclist pulling this shit on a red
>had dash cam
>cyclist had to pay for my fender and paint, and got nothing from me for his fucked up legs and arm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Yield =\= keep going full speed if you don't see anybody from behind buildings
Yield = Stop for current traffic, keep CAREFUL watch for oncoming traffic if none
Don't tell me that every bike user follows this like a little fucking angel, I've yet to see one to do this.
Also, samefagging gets you nowhere.

bumper*

the fuck, autocorrect

confirmed for never being to europe, ever

>the Netherlands
yeah no. Our country is built for bicycles but you can't ignore red lights. We do have, on some places, a sign that allows you to take a right turn with your bike when it is red.

Kek, try northern europe
And even then, only the shitty cities where muh emissions means owning a car costs like owning an house

If I hit you, you're dead.

t. boiracer

Also, I'm suing you for damages to my shitbox, because I had green and you had red.
If you want right of way use the sidewalk with the rest of the pedestrians.

>the Netherlands

Great country for cycling. I've cycled there (bike and barge tours) But they abide by the rules (mostly) and don't get all bent out of shape about it. Cycles are for transportation, not Lycra fags trying to make lap times in city traffic.

Once you're dead from me running your ass over you won't be able to sue kek
You deserve your life taken away
I prefer to hit them
Kek you sound like me user

I drive past a bike trail on my way to work that has stop signs facing each side of the trail while the road traffic continues. I always slow down preparing to brake because every cyclist passes through the stop sign into the street at top speed without paying attention to any possible cars being around.