/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

Green Retard edition

Previous thread >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7BwecWe4mc
youtube.com/watch?v=5M5QLUOIeXs
youtube.com/watch?v=Mwq8Sw1rr4o
static.ylilauta.org/files/4s/orig/qibrqccv/epatodellinen.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does final gear change do?

How do you fill the muscle car with gas?

underneath the rear bumper

FINALLY GOT THE SHIT CAN RUNNING. now... how do I stop that horrible squealing noise?

your alternator is not tight to the fan belt. fix it.

How do I get new pistons after blowing them up?

uhhhh, dont blow them in the first place?

it's as tight as it'll go

Why the fuck does my fatigue keep skyrocketing? I'm not running everywhere, and I'm just walking around the house. Is there some way to reduce it without having to sleep? Will I die if my fatigue is in the red too long?

I still can't find it

Talk shit get hit.

>be drunk
>crash at 5kph
>die
shouldn't I be more impervious when drunk, not less?

Oh wait now I found it
Very well hidden

Anyone got the map with all the important stuff circled, like where to deliver wood and the town and stuff?

noise is gone. started car acuated choke, now the alignment is completely fucked. anyone know how to do a proper alignment? at least good enough to get me to the auto mechanic so he can do it?

can I get a youtube link of UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

>tfw trying to drive home after 3 vodka shots
this is fucking impossible
also do you die from fatigue or just pass out?

Has anyone figured out what/where the sound file for eurofag's music is?

>driving down road
>F U T U R E L A N D

I feel like it's a necessary change.

I heard you die from a fucking heart attack if your fatigue stays red for too long.

Yes, you drop dead of a fatigue-induced heart attack. It takes about 12hrs in the red to do it, depending on your level of activity.

i have a full load of wood ready and that faggot hasnt called me. fuck him

I'm still pissed i cant put wheel covers on my sport wheel

Your map at home tells you everything you need to know. Pretty much every house has some kind of significance, I correctly guessed that the drunk guy lives at the house near Loppe because there's no septic tank or wood delivery there.

Not him but when someone is outside of a house drinking does that mean that's where you go to drop off wood/suck shit

>drop off wood
No.
>suck shit
Yes.
There is only one wood drop-off location.

Ah okay thanks, I was wondering why there was a guy sitting in Loppe when I stole the car but on another save he wasn't there

what happens if you hold your piss in too long?

Your bladder ruptures, killing you.

How do i drift?

Pop by his house while on a poop truck or grocery run, if there's no pile of wood and he's standing outside he's ready for another load but the call hasn't queued up yet.

I've had a few times where the guy sits outside his house but the septic tank wasn't quite full. You suck it dry and he doesn't pay you. The wood delivery guy however can be relied on as he ONLY stands outside when he wants another load.

are there any AWD/4WD cars in game?
>drive
>throw handbrake
>drift

>Stop at DUI checkpoint
>Open car door to get out
>Cop is killed by the door
>Walk over to the other cop
>He dies when I walk through him
>Sucking shit
>Hear sirens

Should I be worried? ....Guys?

Are you supposed to install stock air filter on aftermarket carbs?

>hunger meter goes crazy when hungover
realism

>thirst meter doesn't

how much wood does the woodfag if the woodfag needs some wood
it's supposed to be read with the rhythm of the woodchuck song or whatever

>all these people calling the country road driver Green Devil
>not realizing it's a Dudesons reference, as is the property at the south-east junction
>even Robbaz calls him Mr Hitler

A full trailer load gets you 3200 markka, but loading it after the wood texture reaches max height doesn't do anything.

>not realizing it's a Dudesons reference
pls gib source
not saying you're wrong, I just wanna see what you're talking about

>tfw kino comes on the radio

youtube.com/watch?v=v7BwecWe4mc
youtube.com/watch?v=5M5QLUOIeXs
youtube.com/watch?v=Mwq8Sw1rr4o

>figured out what the hand throttle does
this is the best thing ever

>static.ylilauta.org/files/4s/orig/qibrqccv/epatodellinen.mp3

I meant like where it is in the game files, so that I can change it to a track from my preferred singaporean illegal kart racing sitcom

Also works a treat for powering the trailer hydraulics while you get out and go open the tail gate.

So I haven't received a job for firewood since day 1. are they rare or is it that the original job is still active? I dont have the marker anymore so I wouldnt even know where to take it.

you should still have the job, but the marker is gone.
leave your house, when you get to the turn, turn left instead of right. when you get to the four way dirt intersection, turn left. 2nd house on the right

alright, so I did have the right house. I didnt unload the wood there because its just bare land with no indication that its the right spot.

if there is a guy standing out front drinking, you can drop off wood.

literally cruise control

High pitched squeezing and stall outs. What do?
I tried towing the car to mechanic bro but it got all sorts of fucked by the fuckheads on the road.

>have like 20 custom songs
>radio plays like 3

Lower tail gate and shift tractor to neutral, raise throttle with lever and turn on trailer rear hydraulics with small lever on the port side of your seat, behind handbrake.

Dump at end of driveway. If it doesn't start unloading, drive around his driveway till it does.

adjust the alternator. with the screwdriver unscrew the screw, scroll the alternator down till its tight against the belt. screw the screw back in.

Do it while running and don't go tighter than required to stop squealing unless you want to destroy the belt. No clue where to get a new one.

nah I already got that far. I ran into another problem though...as soon as I went to take the money from him he passed out and so I didnt get shit

You have to be careful running into people, your character has a steel skull and headbutts people unconscious. Also explains how you can fuck up the bodywork by trying to close a door on yourself.

>as I went to take the money from him he passed out
Is that some kind of high dirtiness effect?

friday is a working day, right?

I just had like an earthquake? Jesus christ

Woke up to the game world shaking violently

im pretty sure a new one spawns in the shop if your old one snaps.

yeah that's exactly what happened. oh well, I get to do the trip again. maybe this time I'll not be as shit with shifting and ranges in the tractor

hangover

new one spawns in the shop every day

where the hell is this fuck's house?

down in Loppe
third house down from the mechanic shop I think

>Just started playing the game
>Mess around for a bit, but decide to start over and follow a guide
>Head to the shop first
>Load up on food and beer
>Stop for a breath test on the way home
>Get back in van, take off handbrake
>Suddenly blood everywhere as a random car crashes into the back of me

next time go behind the shop/pub. there's a toilet you can save at

>put together my fully stock car
>everything is more or less working (kinda)
>install aftermarket shit (exhaust, carbs, radiator)
>reverse gear doesn't work at all because I don't have a clutch pedal
>first gear is nonexistent
>no rev limiter
>over-revs like crazy
>starts shitting pistons and bearings the moment I press W

Oh, I thought this game had permadeath. I'll be sure to do that, thanks.

do this before you buy shit
your shopping bag explodes when you load in

>Not taking poop truck
>Not intentionally letting technoviking or Mr. Hitler ram you
>Not dumping sewage on them as they recover from crash

Perkele

the idea of building a car from the ground up and driving it about is great, but this game has too many retarded fucking memes that just get in the way and make the experience bad as a whole. any similar games, minus the autismo XD peripherals?

>this game has too many retarded fucking memes that just get in the way and make the experience bad as a whole.

what memes?

>tfw now I know how the blue car driver in mr bean felt

guys
what days is the mechuntic open?

also what is the 50% discount and how long is it available?

>lolz drinking beer is funny xd
>im polish or something hehe eurotrash stereotypes
>swearing is funny
>flipping people off is funny
>poop is funny
>peeing on stuff is funny
>driving 40 minutes to the store adds to the immersion
like how do you enjoy this game at all even as satire it's basically for children.

>40 mins to get to the store

Bruh. Take the handbrake off all the way.

drive more than 50kmph? drive off the road because shit handling and die.
drive less than 50kmph? die from boredom because how god awful the game is.

Turn left. I was hitting third gear in the van at points and I'm not even pro driver material.

>"I'm calling out humor I don't like, so I'm somehow superior xD"
also,
>40 minutes
more like 15

i realize this is bait, but.

you don't have to drink beer, there are plenty of other drinks in the game
the game is set in rural finland, so it is appropriately populated with rural people
you don't have to swear
you don't have to flip people off
in rural places people have septic tanks that have to be empties occasionally. Pumping sewage is a way to make money in the game. There is nothing funny about doing a job.
you don't have to pee on anything, you just have to pee occasionally
it only takes about 15 minutes to get to the store.

Have you never played a simulator before? They are games where things are simulated to some degree of realism. So if you lived in the countryside in real life it would take quite some time to drive to town to go to the store, this simulator simulates that experience.

The only vehicle that handles poorly is the van, because it is top heavy. once you get used to it you can easily go 60-80 down the dirt roads and 120 on the highway.

You don't admit that this is literally humor in it's most primal form? Go read a book you fucking idiot.

The fact that it's a part of the game, and the developer bothers with this retarded shit instead of focusing on and bettering the core concept is what irks me mostly.

Radiator fan doesn't work, car went flying and dented the heck out of the frame before I even put the radiator in it.

>drive the poop truck to town to refuel
>holy shit this truck handles shitty in contrary what /v/ says
>finally crash in a tree because its like driving on ice
>next save
>try lowering the rear axle
>pic related
>drive 130 easily without any wobbly shit
>after a time hear some weird noises
>look at the temperature
>crazy high temps

this game, man

user, you have to admit, some of these things are added for comedic effect, that's just the nature of the devs
but beer isn't really a funny thing
and there's nothing funny about pumping shit
the only remotely funny thing is the guy swearing about the terrible smell
I mean this game is made by finns
did you really expect shakespeare tier humor?

But the core concept is done. You build and tune a car from the bolts up. The only thing to really "better" is bug fixes, which are coming in the next update, and more events to do with your car which are coming int he update after that. The only thing i think that is needed that the dev does not have listed is more aftermarket parts.

What do you feel is missing?

yeah but why act try-hard by NOT implementing beer into the game? what kind of logic is this

what's missing is an actual game where I can kick back and tune and build a car. Not move slugishly around a store shopping for beer and sausages that took me 30 minutes to drive to, all the while a fucking fly buzzes in my ear and [MUFFLED EUROBEAT PLAY(S) IN THE DISTANCE]

Basically, what I'm trying to say is the car building and tuning aspect of the game is impressively well designed and implemented, but there's too much extra trash fogging up the game that makes it hard to enjoy.

but you can kick back and just build a car. Make sure to check the controls and build sprint to a key. When you start the game, drive to the store save at the outhouse behind the store. Buy the fan belt, 3x brake fluid, 1 motor oil, 1 coolant, and a mosquito spray or two. Then buy a lot of food, i would suggest getting beer but you dont have to cause you can always just drink out of the sink.. You should be spending about 2000 finnish bucks.

Then drive home, unload your groceries and save again.
You should now have enough supplies to last you more than the length of the car build. unplug the phone, go turn on the sauna never turn it of, so that you don't have to wait for it to heat up ever again. If you bathe like once every 2 days. Now just build your car uninterrupted. just make sure to save often and back up your saves cause the game is buggy.

It takes at most an hours worth of work and then you can just build you car to your hearts content.

>lets remove realism from our game because it can be considered funny and we want to be taken 100% seriously
fuck off, it isn't meant to be taken 100% seriously
this is literally on it's steam page: "Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building."
someone who wants to be taken 100% seriously doesn't use autism in their description of their game

Pull over onto the side of the road for the police checkpoint, stopping in the middle of the highway is just as dangerous as it is IRL.

>no fucked spurdo face