/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

The previous thread must be linked, lest we all become beasts: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

>tl;dr
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

with a +10 Simon's Bowblade and optimal gems, how large is the difference between 40 BLT and 50 BLT?

Bloodtinge builds are nice, Bloodletter is an excellent weapon and Bowblade offers a pretty unique playstyle.
Doing a ton of damage with guns is also fun.
If you don't feel like farming for autism gems you can get normal physical gems, they increase blood damage anyway.

Anyone need help with anything? i need like 50k more BEs to level up

REMINDER TO PURGE FILTH

Are you up for fighting the Orphan?

If I had him unlocked Id be down,but I just started the DLC on this run so im only at Ludwig

I understand. Thanks anyway.

Question, does the curse effect of "wpn durability down -xx.x" stack?

is there ANY benefit WHATSOEVER to having a large amount of insight?

I'm pretty sure they don't, but I still wouldn't recommend them unless you're planning to use them for pvp exclusively.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. As far as I know only one of them does, but I can't tell you for sure which slot takes precedence and what decides that.

No, I just buy blood rocks

Also anyone down for NG+8 Shadows? I dont feel like having a drawn out fight right now
Pass: whirly

You can buy a blood rock.

If I have someone that I bothered to clear up to that point in NG+, I'll ring.

post cute

Alright, thanks man

Ringing on the steps before fog.

Are the effects of "atk vs kin/beast -xx%" really that bad?

They probably do on a technical level, but since you can only lose 1 point per swing the end result is that 1, 2, or 3 gems are all the same.

They're fine for PvE so long as you remember to repair your weapon every third or fourth time you're in the dream.

Yes, versus those types. If you want, you can stack all Kin DOWN on one weapon and all Beast DOWN on another then switch when appropriate. These weapons will also have no negative effect in PvP.

Completely insignificant in pvp, bothersome in pve.

>post cute
I usually hate cute shit, but I'd really like to see a kind of grid view illustration in pseudo-chibi all the game's bosses with an arrow indicating which direction to dodge.

Holy shit, sorry. I underestimated the damage of those guys.

The sad part is all bosses have one dodge-direction.

I tried to use a -durabilty gem on my Threaded Cane and it broke halfway through Central Yharnam.
Never again.

Not true at all, Orphan and Maria for example have opposite directions.

It is and it isn't (plus some bosses have two).

BB is so reliant on positioning to not eat shit the bosses being consistent is a good thing.

No problem, I killed two of them and the last guy did that Mr Fantastic arm attack and killed me

I'll ring again.

Im ringing

In Dark Souls, I memorized Artorias' moveset and could reliably dodge every attack he had. I took him down in NG+6 with a shitty katana dealing 100 damage per swing. Each movement he makes indicates his next attack and you have to act accordingly.

In Bloodborne, you wait until they start moving their arms then just sort of dodge toward them but slightly to the side and you never get hit. There are very few exceptions to this.

The only thing wrong with this game is forcing invaders to get ganked

Nah, you're grossly over-simplifying it, and Artorias was much the same as any BB boss; 6 o' clock for some moves, 9 o' clock for the rest.

Beyond that, knowing where to dodge in BB and actually doing it are two different things. I know damn well that you can trivialize Lud's first phase by dodging to 9 o' clock. Still eat shit all the time and have to know the right way to wake up.

That went much better.

Anyone need help? trying to get insight to buy a rock.

Appreciate it man

>>>/dsg/

Might as well do Rom too, im on NG+8 if youd like to join
Pass: whirly

Nah fuck off. DaS was great and AoTA set the bar for Miyazaki to make ToH.

Anyone who can honestly like BB but dislike DaS or specifically AoTA is just being contrarian.

I'll come for that one as well.

Im fucking dumbfounded right now

I'll be ringing until we push Rom's shit in. Take your time dealing with that NPC lass.

Killed her, got the key, reringing

She was aiming at the other side,yet the meteors came for me,cool.

I still don't understand who the pthumerians were. Just ayys?

Its fine, I died like 10 seconds after you. Reringing now

Exactly how I feel after Rom rollypolly'd me

What a fucking disaster

I killed him though lmao. If you want to continue the torture Ill speed run to the One Reborn

I dunno if I can endure this,but sure.

Alright ill ring in like 30 secs, gotta restock, already unlocked the elevator

oh no

No fun allowed night

Seriously what the fuck, I was on the staircase literally jamming a bloodvial in my leg and I just combusted

Should I ring in front of the boss?

Yeah im there

>Running to unlock all the shortcuts for Micolash
>asshole honorfag invades me
>tries to hit me with milkweed arcane bullshit
>lead him onto the bridge to Micolash where its near impossible to dodge my smacky spinny gigsaw and destroy him
Will arcane fags ever learn?

Take it easy on them, they have a rough time

Feels Goodman

So I watched the first two episodes of Berserk (2016). The animation is pretty godawful but I'll get used to it. I already hate how many nipple-less boobs they've shown, and, they're gonna explain how Guts got his mechanical arm and new sword, right?

Why are you watching the anime and not just reading the manga? The manga is ALWAYS better than the anime.

Reading isn't distracting enough. I can't do it. Also I'd have to sit at my desktop computer and burn my retinas out, which I'm not willing to do.

Also I wouldn't even know where to get it to read it on something else.

What's the best form of the Threaded cane for pure 99 Arcane builds?
Normal, Uncanny, or lost?

The one you have the gems for.

you can download the manga from bakabt. IF you insist on watching dont watch the current one. Watch the old series, i think it was 1997 or something.

>they're gonna explain how Guts got his mechanical arm and new sword, right?
they already did several movies covering that part of the Manga, go look those up

I have. And Egg of the King I&II. Gonna get III ASAP.

Seriously? I only know about the anime and EotK.

Do you just have the base requirements for the weapons? Also what type of gems are those?

>Do you just have the base requirements for the weapons?
Yeah; 18/20/50.

>Also what type of gems are those?
Most of them are slotted with two Cold Abyssal and one Arcane/Fire/Bolt Abyssal. A couple just have three Cold Abyssals.

Worst part is that I thought he was gonna do some massive damage, I was dodging perfectly and then he hit me and my health barely dropped and I just said to myself "thats it?" And then dropped him in 3 hits

Actually I'm full of shit. I don't have a Bolt Abyssal; the Saif is one of the ones with three Colds. And the Kirkhammer has two Colds and a 27.2 Arcane gem I think. Possibly a Cold, Arc Abyssal, and the 27.2.

Normal for Arc gems, Lost for Fire/Bolt.

>was so excited to use my FRC gems
>got so burned out that can't even play the game anymore

Seems like a flawed system.

Was Yamamura the person that brought the chikage to Yharnam?

Me and Ludwig

>tfw you realise the only thing keeping you going all the time were small increases in meaningless numbers
>when those numbers can no longer get higher, your life loses purpose

T-there's always the vileblood registry

I've burned myself out twice gemming this character, and I'm not even done. Trying to use half a dozen weapons isn't helping.

>Only 8 weapons
Boy, get back in them dungeons, you ain't even close to done yet.

Meh, the 8 there and Saw Cleaver are the only weapons I'm interested in using. MAYBE the Blunderbuss instead of the Hunter Pistol, but either way I already have the Gem for it and only put guns to +1 to accept it.

I commend you for your dedication and staying BL98, though.

>playing as a female

>not playing as a female

Out of curiosity, if you go 50 BLT, get a Blunderbuss to +10 or a Ludwig's to +10 with a perfect gem, does it actually do enough damage to warrant using over the Evelynn for CQC?

Back from work lads

logarius, pass is doll

Is 561 AR considered high? Got my Burial Blade gemmed up and tearing ass in NG+, despite universal agreement that it's useless for an arcane build

nope

It's doing pretty well so far. Maybe it'll feel lackluster when I'm up against shit like Ludwig, but I'm mostly just using it for fun. I had like 50 unused cursed gems leftover after upgrading my main weapons so I figured I'd play around with something new for a bit

561 is comparatively mediocre, not high. However, 561 is completely adequate for PvE.

WTF I hate /bbg/ now

Is that guy pulling a Frisky Trump on Hermione?

Yeah I'll likely end up just using HMLS on anything reasonably strong later in NG+. Still, Burial Blade is so much fin I *almost* wish I had made a skill build instead

Please respond
Logarius bl 25 by the fog gate, password is doll

>bl 25
For what reason?

gotta get the wheel

>try to get through nightmare frontier
>for once on a low level character
>non-stop invasions

I'M JUST TRYING TO AMYGDALA PLEASE.

Probably rushed to Cainhurst to get Bloodtinge gear

go offline

But I need to stay online for FRCs in just a couple of minutes on another character.
I've just NEVER been invaded in the Frontier until now. What is the level range of this place? I usually never go here until I'm rushing through everything to get to FRCs.

>NG+
You know things barely get harder in NG+, right? Also literally anything works for PvE.