/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

NEVER EVER edition

>Latest News

>Skullgirls News
Physical copies! Japanese voices status: NEVER EVER
twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/793262732774477824

>Indivisible News
New home theme Sony approved status: NEVER EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=NwJ00RVgBGw

>News Feeds
twitter.com/indivisiblerpg
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Official Forums
skullheart.com

>Skullgirls Stuff
/lzg/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/labzerogeneral
Stream Calender: docs.google.com/document/d/1mNi8lajKTmYgwvi_6UkeR24n6DvTONHHYiaIyxuXbBI
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
Public Discord Chat: discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In
Wiki: skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki
Outdated SRK Wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Just go to training mode and set "Attack Data" to "Advanced" for frame data
/sgg/(rip) Album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip
SG Mobile Site: hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls
Official Merch: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
More Official Merch: sanshee.com/collections/skullgirls

>Indivisible Stuff
Main theme(WIP): youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmaDYfKBk
Kickstarter with free prototype: indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/updates
Forums: skullheart.com/index.php?forums/indivisible.103
Official YT: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g
Official Site: indivisiblegame.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BZzGXGiskg
docs.google.com/document/d/1ajPnJzly4YziSAoSjYIqRkukq3806UBNNmM1zc77dIo/edit
twitter.com/wat_son_/status/793234418848583680
youtube.com/watch?v=xreK02ybqMw&t=3m04s
twitter.com/wd_turn/status/793853188612853760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a chance the Japanese voices will be added anyway even if the pre-order count goal isn't reached?

>file name and pic
lmao
what are the chances of that actually being true?

Nah, it's definitely him.

Anniversary of that post is tomorrow by the way.

Why was /v/ so keen on making Lab Zero look bad?

The whole panty thing happened months before they started talking about it. It was blown way out of proportion. There was a collective effort to not get the game funded, and when it defied the shitposting they just changed it to "muh pandering".

Was it /pol/ not wanting a brown game?

>Why was /v/ so keen on making Lab Zero look bad?
Mostly backlash to how hard the IGG was being pushed there. I blame Skullheart

The panty "censorship" was just a tool for shitposting but they convinced a lot of useful idiots to take it seriously.

Evaxephone. If he still has a grudge there's a high chance that he was like half of the shitposts.

Delusional.

Wow I never realized how cool this move looks.

what is?

Because this site has been overrun by idiots who think "SJWs" are out to get them everywhere, and that their shitposting is fighting a noble fight to save America from the dangerous threat of ethics in games journalism.

Doubt it, it's a lot of money.
And I think the reason there's so much emphasis on the pre-order goal is because LRG isn't going to print too many copies.
I'm not sure how many they usually print in a run, but I have a feeling they wouldn't print 10k unless they felt demand was there.
If only 6k copies got sold they probably don't have the space to hold on to 4k copies for longer than a few months,
and then they'd have to make space for another product in demand.

I appreciate LZ seeing this as an opportunity to add one more feature to the game, but I think even they know it's a shot in the dark.
They're just happy to be done with the Lobby Patch.

>I blame Skullheart
Most of the discussions there were focused on major news sites and social media. Veeky Forums seemed like a wasted effort early on.

But in the end there were so many people talking about the game that there's no way I could imagine sourcing anything to a particular group
At best I say the Game Grumps vid and Kuvshinov-Ilya's art probably provided the biggest pushes over the long term.

It's Cristina!
youtube.com/watch?v=2BZzGXGiskg

I'm just glad that's over, and now we have more Ajna to look forward to.

those are some nice suspenders

Did Valentine have the input delay vial before or after SFV?

When is the last day to fund indivisible
I'm thinking about getting the tapir plush

Soon

She's had it since Vanilla.

Should have given a PC physical version too instead of just licking sonys balls some more.

>that bulge

People still buy physical on pc?

Right now I would be safe assume it's the end of the year., but they haven't said anything on it yet.

Since the next two Stretch Goals are VO and post-release DLC. They could probably keep it up into next year if they wanted.

Anyone want to play SG? NA East

Im West, i'll try looking up

new patch in beta

docs.google.com/document/d/1ajPnJzly4YziSAoSjYIqRkukq3806UBNNmM1zc77dIo/edit

ApplicativeJones was that you?

anyway gg

Naw that wasn't me.

Anyone got pics of the new filia 300% ?

Surprisingly few changes getting down to the wire.
Very likely whatever big changes that haven't been reverted yet are probably going to stay. Just dmg and bugfixes now.

Hmm, you can't play Story mode unless you're in Retail.

Someone tell mike

Knight with a GUN!

Who iron kingdom here

just got skullgirls how do i pick a main

twitter.com/wat_son_/status/793234418848583680

Try their tutorials and see who you like.

holy fuck this game has a lot of tutorials

Welcome to fighting games. They're hard and complicated, and for the longest time most of them didn't even have tutorials at all.

pick either a girl, a wrestler, or a giant tuba man
then go through their tutorials, story mode too if you want
and then look at a beginner's guide (especially "Resources" section) avoid quick match unless you're cool with getting bodied.
try to join/start begunner lobbies instead
experience with marvel-like games is a plus, but with lots of practice you'll do fine
good luck!

im actually really happy this game has so many.

the training mode is fucking stacked too

shit thanks man, i havent played marvel but i play melee, that'll help out a bit right?

Aslong as you have a fighting game base it should be alright

ignore that one advanced tutorial that makes you do some parasoul combo

skip to the character mechanics stuff that'll help you pick a character

yeah obviously the game isn't a Smash, but the pacing and aggressiveness of melee definitely applies.
casually SG can be mashy fun, but against good players you gotta know how to compose yourself under pressure
you will get comboed, but watch for openings and learn how the movement and blocking mechanics work.
like in melee, if you can anticipate certain approaches, you can keep your opponent from getting in in the first place.

thankfully there's no equivalent to Melee Top-tiers in SGs either. Every character is good in the right hands
we've got some players who have gotten really good in only a year.
check out some of the online tourney streams this weekend and you'll see some of em in action.

>melee, that'll help out a bit right?
maybe a little bit
youtube.com/watch?v=xreK02ybqMw&t=3m04s

Well obviously there's a ton of differences going from Melee to 'traditional' 2D fighters, but some of the more abstract concepts can be translated like knowing how to read your opponent. Mechanics may be entirely different, but how to think about games at a high level has a lot more in common than a lot of people think. It's all Sun Tzu in the end.

Also execution in this game should be a breeze for you if you're used to Melee bullshit.

shit guys youre all so nice, i really appreciate it

im actually having a harder time adjusting to the controller and my vita at the moment but i should adapt quickly.

if filia is fox then fukua is falco?

If youre on pc you might want to try keyboard since its closer to the arcade stick ideal

>if filia is fox then fukua is falco?
that's a decent comparison since they almost have the same normals and outfit but different combos

their playstyle isn't very close though with fukua having no air dash or filia having no clone

hell that's fucking funny. might pick her up

What is she implying

Holy shit Skullgirls looks bad

she wants the fucky

I hope her season 2 transformation is going to be a super in Indivisible

How do you know?

Party time!
twitter.com/wd_turn/status/793853188612853760

FUCK. OFF.

Stop replying to him. That's why he comes here.

fuckin peervert boo

N E C R O T I C

I need more ms fortune

What are the tiers like in this game? I want to use the shittiest character

There are no real tiers

It's that well balanced?

That's pretty cool actually

You might want to instead try underused characters, like painwheel

She has little presence in tourneys and such, but usually kicks ass when played by a good player

There's not much of a consensus on tiers, but in retail a lot of people say Robo was worst and Fukua was best. The gap between them is not that large though.

With the beta patch though, no one really knows. All I can tell you is that every single Beo player I've talked to hates what Mike did to him, so maybe Beo now?

Jesus, Beo was literally babby mode with his full screen grabs and hyperarmor

Beo players should be thankful they have to put in effort now

No one seems to object to the basic idea of making hype matter so he has to play smarter. People are mostly upset about losing hard knockdowns and that you can't really build hype in combos without specific assists - a Beo that doesn't have A-Train or Excellabella has a really hard time managing hype, while one that does doesn't even have to care. Then the damage nerfs were really harsh to the point where getting and spending a full three hypes basically just gets you back to where he was before.

Sounds like Squigly in a lot of ways honestly. Her charge mechanics are way more potent with assists, and most of her uncharged specials aren't that useful/safe outside of combos.
Really I gotta believe Solo Beo from Beta will still find relatively more success than SoloSquig.

At least she got a few damage buffs now though, and Center Stage should be a bit more consistent.

Well, I do think Squig is probably the worst now that Robo got buffed. She's been meh for a while and didn't really get anything in the beta either.

rib