>Nope, I'm not interested in cars... like... at all

What do you think about men who're not interested in cars?

Dont give a shit, so long as they don't pretend they're better than people who do because of this.

Probably the same thing /sp/ thinks about me

/Thread. I'm not interested in sports, doesn't mean shit.

The engine grime residues between your fingernails is icky and your.. ~car~ .. is obsolete and probably needs way too much fuel and ruins our air. At least buy a new one.

Nu-male cuck's who'd rather spend d money on gay shit like figurines and anime

>So mad he had to post it twice

>tfw I am saving thousand euros yearly because I don't have a cage.

Feels nice to save for 2 vacations per year. I would also bet my paycheck I am more mobile than you. Enjoy your liability.

>using cager as an insult
>thinking I care what a future street pizza has to say
Bikefags everyone

This

He posted it and I copied him for emphasis

Probably the same thing those people feel about me when I say I'm not interested in sports... Like at all.

Complete indifference

/thread

cars are a pretty stupid interest so I dont care

What are smart interests in your opinion?

electric cars

Cuq
Probably drives a camry

If they have other manly hobbies that involve technology or DIYing shit, that's alright.
If all they're interested in is watching chinese cartoons or Gritty Medieval Incest: The Series, that's fine too. Not everyone can be a cool cat like me.

Hobbies that quantifiably improve your overall value as a human, contribute in some way to society, or produce an intrinsically valuable good in return are all smart ideas. Learning a new language, working out, volunteering, crafting, things like that. Being an auto hobbyist is the opposite of all three of those. We do it because cars are cool and cars are fun, but let's not pretend that at the end of the day, we're doing anything productive or worthwhile.

Prius or Leaf

I dont

It isn't worthwhile while it still makes you happy and therefore even has an positive influence on your overall health?

That they're entitled to their opinions and interests.

>being good at turning a wrench isn't a valuable skill

How is working out valuable but wrenching isn't

One tunes your body and makes you healthy, the other tunes your car and makes it healthy. It's not hard to see which one is more important. Would you rather be healthy and walk to work or obese and weak with a car?
>b-but I can do both!
Sure, but the point is cars aren't intrinsically valuable. They've been made given artificial by valuable by people who are too lazy to walk and/or poorly run governments that can't develop a proper public transportation system for 90% of the country.
You can live your whole life without a car but you can't live without a body.

>being able to operate and repair one of the most common machines on the planet isn't a skill
>"""crafting""" (whatever the fuck THAT vague bullshit means) is, though
>so is lifting shit and putting it back down
Gratz, man. That was the most retarded post I've read all week.

kekked

I didn't say out wasn't a skill, I said it's not a very valuable one. Maybe you should put the wrench down and pick up a book.
And lifting isn't the only form of exercise, y'know. Exercising isn't about the exercise itself but the effects it has on your body. It's not about picking things up and putting them down, it's about shaping your body and improving your overall quality of life. Neither of which are done by driving a car.

This is why 80% of Americans are obese and only speak 1 language.
But we got Mustangs for days, boii

>Would you rather be healthy and walk to work or obese and weak with a car?
I love how there is never any middleground, working on your car is a workout enough to keep you from being an absolute fatshit, if you work on your car a lot

1. You make good points, but you really need to reconsider how you word things.

2. Being able to "live your whole life without it" doesn't mean it's useless. There are plenty of people who are living without access to electricity or running water RIGHT NOW who will live long lives. That doesn't mean it won't be utterly miserable and unbearable the entire time. Bear in mind, much of America has been built around the car. If you don't have a car, you're not going anywhere or doing anything unless you like spending money each day on public transportation or wasting several hours hiking your ass everywhere.

>improving your overall quality of life
>which is not done by driving a car.
bull shit

So, improving yourself is better than helping others. Goootcha. Tell ya what, liftbro. Why don't you go back to Veeky Forums where you WON'T be made fun of for your retarded ideals?

>much of America has been built around the car.
This, I wouldnt be able to get anything done in a day if I had to walk everywhere in my sprawling city

Not to scare-monger or make fun, but he honestly sounds European with that lack of knowledge. It's like when they ask about why we NEED all those guns. Heritage, mate. The answer is always heritage.

Cars were made to make transportation of goods faster. This also allows people to cover great distances quicker as well. Don't be a dumb fuck and say they were made to be lazy. They were made to shorten travel time.

>cars have no intrinsic value
This fucking moron. A car has ten times the worth you do

He must be one of those nu-male fuck's who watches Chinese cartoons and buys figurines

>not putting anime fugure of you waifu in your shitbox

what sort of normie are you

also
>nu-male whiteknight cuck
>into 2d

at least get you're buzzwords right newfag; 3/10 heres you're (you)

Cars are literally bikes with for idiots...
Car people fall over with anything less than 4 wheels
>even on trikes

>being good at turning a wrench isn't a valuable skill

>improving your overall quality of life. Neither of which are done by driving a car.
Yeah everyone who races professionally really only does it as a weekend hobby, normally they work at the office. Ken Block was actually just a pizza delivery man.

I for one welcome our new robotic overlords and can't wait for the day I no longer need to own a car or drive myself.

valuable?
I drive a car that is 20 years old. It has 200k plus miles on it. I paid about 3k.
it is nearly as fast to 100 as a 535. Has more interior space. reasonably safe as well.
To equal the car, minus the roundel status symbol, i would need to spend an additional 53,000 dollars. although that is a more extreme case, being able to maintain a car is worth about the cost of a new car every 5 years or so.

I also run about 20 miles a week, bike about 30.

autism

this

They found a better option.

Oh yeah let me walk 100 fucking miles to work, then 100 miles back

>omg you change your own oil?
>omg you change your own brakes?
>omg rotors? whats that?
>changing brake fluid? theres fluid for that?
>omg you must be a total car-nut and know everything!
I'm not a car nut, I just know how to do basic maintenance!

>What? You're saying my hormone therapy treatments are drugs? Fuck...

>I just...I can't even!

do you really live 100 miles from work? I live 50 miles from my office and thank pushrods i can work from home a few days a week.

>implying that learning a foreign language after knowing English is better than wrenching a car meme

But I love both cars and gay shit like figurines and anime

I'm the same way. I see my car as my loyal baby and treat her right.

I also tend to anthropomorphize tanks, some are cute and others are MEAN >:(

>wrenching not a valuable skill
Hands down the easiest way to acquire ebin skills for mechanical work for multiple different applications. I bet you don't even know how a CV-joint works or figure out where to use one.

Just another meathead that has to call someone else to fix their shit because lifting iron and reading about faggot shit was more important to him than applying himself to everyday objectives. And I bet you think you're better than others too.

And this is just an aspect that does not go only for cars, what happens when you need to setup appliances, replace something on your bike, maybe do basic plumbing for installing a washing machine, you know, basic everyday shit like that. I bet you think knowing how to do those is useless too, I bet you call up some greasy dude in overalls to do that for you because YOU DON'T KNOW HOW. Welp, I hope dumb-bells and books will teach you at least something in life, because your attitude is simply disgusting.

I know how to change my tire, change oil, and replace brakepads. Other than that, I don't know a damn thing about cars.

That doesn't stop me from coming here occasionally when I think about dropping money on a status symbol.

A status symbol that you can't even repair with your own hands plebian

could you imagine what it would be like if every male was into cars?

Australia?

I pay people to do it for me. That's why it's a status symbol.

Fucking poor people.

Gardening
Farming
Lifting Weights
Linguistics
Artistry (Painting, Pottery, Photography, etc)
Teaching
Investment (Banking, Proprietary, Charity)
Architecture
DIY home improvement
Travel

basically, all activities that help you go out and "do" which improve your health, your social standing, your wealth, your community and leads to a better and varied understanding of the world around you.

Being an auto enthusiast isn't a bad hobby. Being a sportsteam fan isn't a bad hobby.
Collecting artifacts isn't necessarily a bad hobby.
But better interests exist. Undoubtedly.

Is it really like that over there?

I live in ne ohio and the car culture we have is boomers in corvettes and niggers in niggercars

This. Let the plebs do the dirty work, and you get to enjoy your status symbol whenever you want.

Car modification is literally no different from home DIY

It's just one of the dozens of faggots in here who are just contrary to the opinion of the OP for the sake of being contrary without actually using their brains.

Shit's even bigger faggotry than the OP

Car maintenance allows your vehicle to slow the speed at which your vehicle's value falls (before looping back around into "antique"...which is better off if you never used it all and just stored it). The interest of car maintenance is an excellent hobby and knowledge as it reduces cost and perhaps even time lost by needing others to repair or maintain it for you. But that's all. Unless you turn that auto-enthusiasm into a career or offer your services to others, all it does is satisfy your desire to keep your possession in good condition (an expensive possession that holds value only for safety or re-sale). Which is fine. "Value" you find in car DIY can keep a $30k car remaining close to that value when resold years later (perhaps tuning can increase the value, but that would be rare, and not by much).

Home DIY, however, is not limited to a car's engine, transmission or quality. It includes plumbing, architecture, wood-working, painting, nailing, carving, spouse-pleasing, change to housing codes, environment standards, furnishing maintenance, electrical wiring, communication installations, and rather than simply maintaining a home's value, it can dramatically increase its resale value. Even when the home is a brand-new cookie-cutter "Celebrity Home". And home DIY includes yardwork, grass, shrubs, bushes, trees, flowers, playgrounds, fire pits, shed creations etc. It is an interest that extends beyond the self-satisfaction of a clean and powerful car that others can admire; it's an investment that succeeds the same satisfaction over an entire household that not only your wallet enjoys more, but your entire family will, too. It's a meaning interest you can pass on to others as well, like your children, that isn't limited to changing oil, sparkplugs or windshield wipers.

Do you guys also pay someone to fuck your girlfriend?

Thank you for reminding me I need to change my brake fluid

>artistry
Go smoke that green shit somewhere else you retard. Literally all of your opinions are +-0 in comparison to auto enthusiasm. How isn't working on cars "going out and doing"? You don't think knowing how to work on a universally complicated machine that almost everyone has isn't improving your social standing, wealth or community? Shit you must be bitter as fuck because your simple poopy-brain doesn't understand basic mechanics, so you try to justify your own inferiority by saying "there's better things to do". Yeah, for you, maybe, but picking flowers and making pottery is still fucking retard-tier activities versus working on automobiles, you fucking nigger.

Working on a car almost always translates to having cognitive abilities that help you accomplish complicated tasks, what makes you think I can't home improve because I work on a car once a while?

You're a fucking nigger, you know that? Here's a small list of things involved in working on a car, depending on what you're doing
>electronics and electrical current (both AC and DC because inverters)
>mechanics
>mathematics
>acoustics (if you include car audio)
>physics and chemistry (combustion, fluids, lubrication, insulation, conduction)
>embedded devices and programming
>fabrication
>detailing (not limited to washing a car)

But you wouldn't know, would you, because you think fucking pottery helps you improve yourself. Maybe a 9mm would help improve you too, you fucking twat.

Im an artist, but also wrench on my cars and know more than any of my friends, wat do?

Make a pipe out of a tailpipe?

No, because unlike my car, my girlfriend doesn't exist.

This post describes me

Working in your garage is not the same as "going out and doing." It is not a community activity, it is not a social endeavor, it is not a solid financial investment with large returns, it is not an adventure that creates stories and generates interest in anyone otherwise un-interested in the hobby.

I didn't say auto-enthusiasm is worthless. In fact, I clearly stated it was useful and had excellent value. An understanding of how an internal combustion engine works is great, but really, could you repair an internal combustion engine without attending a school explicitly with the purpose of being able to repair an internal combustion engine? Do you think your friends would trust you to repair the internal combustion engine in their cars over a professional with a workplace that specializes in total engine repair? For that matter, would YOU trust your own skills over a professional (or perhaps you'd choose yourself simply on the risk vs cost argument)?

Being able to diagnose and repair/maintain the simpler utilities of a car is financially sound and worthy of respect. Your friends and family will come to you for advice...on cars. But that's all. You have a nice car, it runs well, and stays functional longer than average and at a lower cost and it's all thanks to your efforts. But that's really it. Unless you own a bus or the only truck in town, your car is valuable to only you. The interests I mentioned generate value for yourself, your family, your friends and your community. They're also interests that are generally more appreciated as well, though not all of them.

If you're intent on keeping the comparisons of home DIY and car DIY, there is little doubt being a general handyman for all areas of the house is a better and more valuable interest for yourself and others than being a handyman for a vehicle.

[spoiler]And yes, an interest in all forms of art is a generally superior interest than advanced mechanics unless your career is at stake.[/spoiler]

CHECKMATE, ATHIESTS

>who're
>whore
>who

>Working in your garage is not the same as "going out and doing." It is not a community activity
I have met more people in the car scene than any of my other hobbies, do you not know what car meets/shows are?

>it is not an adventure that creates stories and generates interest in anyone otherwise un-interested in the hobby.
that's funny because i just went an adventure driving through the smokey mountains and driving on all the most famous and treacherous roads in the country (dragons tail, blue ridge parkway, etc). all my coworkers thought it was pretty damn cool

>would YOU trust your own skills over a professional
It's painfully obvious you have never even tried to fix anything on your own car. Why do so many retards think that cars are magical complicated machines that can only be fixed in professional garages with exotic tools? I have fixed all of my own cars since i was a stupid teenager, and never once have i messed up my car or damaged it.

>Do you think your friends would trust you to repair the internal combustion engine in their cars over a professional with a workplace that specializes in total engine repair?
yes thats why they all bring their cars to me to fix them

>there is little doubt being a general handyman for all areas of the house is a better and more valuable interest
are your sure you trust your skills fixing complicated things like plumbing and electrical, over the skills of a professional?

>I have met more people in the car scene than any of my other hobbies, do you not know what car meets/shows are?
Of COURSE you've met more people in your hobby. Why on Earth would you meet more people because of...because of deep-sea diving? You like cars so you went to car shows! Why go to a hot-air balloon festival? Those events are social, but it's really just preening and earns you "cred" more than anything else.

>i just went an adventure driving
Yes. You had an adventure driving. Your adventure was your location and action, not your vehicular maintenance. What story did you tell your co-workers? About how the trails were windy and beautiful and you almost crashed a few times in a foreign location or about how you placed a pan underneathe your engine block as you bled brake lines, changed oil and greased engine parts? Which was a story of adventure interest and which was a story or car interest?

As a matter of fact, I have repaired my vehicle. Are you surprised? Why would some person with no enthusiasm for automobiles is browsing Veeky Forums, a board for talking about automobiles? I simply recognize where my interest lies in a subjective order of other global interests. You also avoided answering the question by stating you "have always fixed your cars" never detailing anything severe (or anything at all) and also bragged you never "messed up" or even "damaged" your car. Maybe congratulations but that's also contrary to the question asked?

>yes thats why they all bring their cars to me to fix them
While I hardly believe you, I'll take what you say as truth. If you're the "mechanic" of your group of friends, and are willing to repair any and all this groups' vehicular needs at lower or no cost, it reinforces that an auto enthusiasm is an excellent thing to have. While I doubt you have repaired large problems in engines (or that you have a garage where such a repair could even take place), this skill is limited to implementation only. "Thanks" is about it.

good fucking bait man i got everybody calling me when their car fucks up. When the apocalypse comes, you will be calling me too. Im sure glad i invested my civilised time learning to wrench so plebs like you can grow vegetables for me in exchange for my work or teach languages to the villages feral children

Kek

>>there is little doubt being a general handyman for all areas of the house is a better and more valuable interest
>are your sure you trust your skills fixing complicated things like plumbing and electrical, over the skills of a professional?
Basic and moderate problems and maintenance of plumbing and electrical? I absolutely trust the knowledge of gained. It's been lots of learning, lots of trials and PLENTY of errors, but I've saved money, learned LOTS about a variety of things and for anything I don't trust or understand I can pay someone to do it instead of invest so deeply into the interest that the return doesn't outweigh the cost anymore. Frankly, there's absolutely no "handyman" skill I've learned I'd particularly trust over a paid professional, though. The point is, I don't require them unless a very large or very complex issue is at hand. Simple household issues come up far, far more regularly than an oil change, though, and with a much, much more diverse array of solutions.

underrated post

>niggers in niggercars

lmao

Damage control, btw i forgot to mention, not only do i work on cars for fun but i am a proffesionally paid artist, i get paid to paint and make props for merchandising companies.
and you know what, nobody cares about any of the art i create besides clients, yet everyone i know always wants to talk about my cool cars, or my recent road trips

>btfo

do you live in some sort of broken down shanty, i havent had to fix anything in my house for almost a year.

Seeing as most people here more than likely have shit cars. It doesn't matter nor make you better than Chad who isn't interested in cars but drives a new BMW.

go to CCS

I have a wife and children and live in a home. Things break. I'm also a part of a large extended family.

putting this in my streetwear inspo thread

what if i do both?

I really want to be objective here and say "you know, people are entitled to their interests and liking masculine things doesn't make you more of a man, etc etc," and I'm sure there are plenty of cool dudes out there who don't like cars, but every man I've ever met who has no interest in cars has been a huge faggot.

An excellent counterpoint is that there are lots of guys who love cars (see: foose tier restomods, stancers, brown people who lust over exotics and follow rolex instagrams) who are also huge faggots

I think it speaks of man's manhood. I have two groups of friends. First group, university educated, top their jobs but boring as fuck. Every conversation is about house prices, renovations and work salary negotiations. Group two, tradies and business owners mainly. Conversation run around cars, fishing, making stuff and outdoors type stuff.

Group one are all a bunch of chucks, subservient to there wives and although cashed up buy Hyundais and Kais.

Group 2, seem to be more in partnership with their wives and most have a project car or at least a fun daily.

I don't know but I think those more mechanical minded are "better" men. I know who I would rather hang out with.

T. 37yr old aussie with a FC in pieces in my garage.

Thanks for reading my blog!