146 mph Neon?

Damn.

Other urls found in this thread:

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5802243206.html
kivvi.kz/watch/k88xw1y2tpss/
youtube.com/watch?v=RZfS-aLiIZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=CinjyQnqIZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You got this on your now cards? Or are you actually a faggot that visits Jalopshit?

those are basically V4 Vipers

theyre pretty fast so Im not surprised

>18 years old
>caught going 76 over with no insurance or inspection
This kids life is ruined lel

Ive gone 120 in my 3spd auto 2.0 neon big fucking whoop

>V4

>V4
>viper
The vipers defining feature is the v10. If it had an inline 4 it wouldn't be a viper.

>blue sports car

High value lel

Viper in a diaper

Maybe the cop thought it was a WRX at first?

Neonfag pls

> *Static* Attention all patrol cars have reports of a vehicle moving at a high rate of speed on the interstate heading north of marker 149
>Yeah... Uh dispatch you have have a description of that vehicle?
>Suspect driving a blue sports car
Sounds like some shit out of nfs

>white vinyl covering the whole car
>suspect is driving a green sports car
I want to be a kid again.

I drive a car that weighs ~3200lbs and has 170hp and even that still manages to reach 130mph if I stand on the gas for a while, If that's an actual SRT4 then I'm sure 146mph is manageable stock.

No i have a dodge neon as a backup car. But damnnit that piece of shit will hit an indicated 120mph. Had to go wot for a really long time though lmao

My car will zip up to 145mph and a stock srt 4 can beat it

Maybe if you had an aerodynamic bodykit like the kid you'd hit 148

>calling an inline a V
typical Veeky Forums user

the highest ever clocked speed in usa was like 180+ in a koenisegg

i find it funny as fuck that this shiity little neon is now on the leaderboards

props to the driver, thats a dude i wanna cruise with

Highest i ever got mine was 113 but id believe 120. 3 spd auto as well. Id still have that car as a backup if i didn't give it to the ex wife in the divorce. Its probably dead now. :(

No shit sherlock that my next sick mod

there are a lot of dumbfucks around that think crown vics are like a 150 mph car, hence people getting caught

>needing mods to go over 140 mph

>24 county
>turn on a speeder who just flew by me

well this is an odd way to see your friend's car in the news. the car is on Craigslist for 7k if you guys want it.

It's been driven into the ground by an 18 year old kid. No one is paying 7k for it

Proof?

Which one of you did this

lmao he's doing them a service

This. I'm sure he was going over what he got clocked at. 140 isn't even insane fast.

>those are basically v4 vipers
You deserve this (You) that is expertly laid bait

I would assume anyone looking to buy an srt4 knows it been beat on and are buying it with the intention of beating it

Every neon owner I've met is weird as fuck

This was funny as fuck. But it made me think way too hard as to why there aren't any V4 configurations made nowadays at least to my knowledge. Wouldn't they save some space that way? I gotta stop having so much free time at work.

There's been a few, iirc.
Not common at all.

150mph isn't that hard to reach, but I'm impressed that a Neon did it.

>going fast
>beating on a car

c'mon man what's the worst that can happen

>leased automatic FRS

146 mph is nothing now adays

At 5:47 a.m. on Sunday, May 21, the freeway — the Loop 101 — was empty, so empty that before he knew it his rental, a 2006 Hyundai Sonata V-6, was going 128 mph. Eight minutes later he was clocked at 147 mph, which works out to 82 mph over the limit. He didn't know it, but speed cameras had taken pictures of him as he blew by.

To anyone that doesn't know cars, any two door car is a sports car. Even the insurance companies follow this example.

2 door SRT4s don't exist from the factory. They're all sedans.

it's worse for space than a boxer engine and it's harder to make than an i4.

Nothing is worse for a car than a high schooler daily driving everyday

>Suspect is driving a...umm... Green Mitsubishi

>daily driving everyday

also, on an unrelated note I just found out that GT Cruisers do not have LSD

>no neon has ever had rear power windows from the factory

PT Cruiser GTs also have the worst engine bay setup known to mankind.

I have a neon with an electric sunroof and 4 crank windows kek

srt-4 from my local craigslist:
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5802243206.html

unfortunate color scheme

I remember my first car..

That poor Sentra. 6.5k shifts despite 6k redline. Every shift was a true power shift. Every dirt road meant handbrake skids. Truck trails? Don't need no 4x4 if you're going fast enough. Winter time meant sick skids everyday whenever it was in motion.

That car taught so many females how to drive a standard transmission.

>timing belt went the morning it was to be dropped off at the shop for a timing belt service

This car was at the haggard garage meet not long ago lel

Same in a 01 pos not hard

Is the radiator under the fucking intake?

I see posts like this and I feel like I should grow out of my boyracer phase but at the same time it's so much fun so why would I? I like beating on my car.

Probably the intercooler

The intercooler wouldn't have a coolant cap

You're right sorry I'm tired. Yeah pt crashers are fucking garbo

240mph in a koenigsegg here in Texas. Speed camera got him. Wonder how much the ticket was

>criminal charges for just going really fast and not hurting anyone
Wew

More than you can afford, pal

this to be honest why dont mericans have speed limits close to that anyway?
their roads are so nice.

Oy vey saying I have no money is antisemitic you filthy goyim

>america
>nice roads
i fucking wish, everywhere but the interstates the roads are so shitty, especially inner city roads

Emissions and gas crisis bullshit from the 70s

Stop living in Michigan

Texas here, it doesn't even snow here and the roads are still always shit despite them always being under construction forever.

I'm not living in Michigan, living in Seattle and all the roads around here are shit unless you go into the rich parts.

They don't make them for cars because have bad balance issues, the balance shaft needed to get them smooth at normal speeds is too heavy and wastes too much power.

There are high end motorbike engines made as V4's, usually they're narrow angle and run at crazy high RPM's.

Michigan here,

Drove through Texas into some shitty town outside of Austin in the spring of 2015. You guys have amazing roads in comparison.

>Austin
That's why. Austin/San An have bretty good roads as they're of cultural significance and hold the state govt as well as being relatively low pop.
Our economically booming areas (Dallas, Houston) have shit for roads.

Even the dirt roads were nice. Well, I almost collided with a couple bags of quick Crete, but that's probably not normal.

Why doesn't america have an autobahn anyways?

Holding drivers to actual standards not "free" enough or what?

"safety groups", aka insurance companies

fast = more damage = pricier claim

also everyone with a pulse gets a no-limits license for everything on four wheels

Watch Rob Spaghetti's video when he's on the Autobahn with the Audi. He does an excellent job explaining as to why an Autobahn wouldn't work here America.

We technically have similar laws in place but our drivers lack self discipline. The vast majority are selfish.

If I'm traveling 95mph down i75 and you decide you're going to force me to pass on the right after slowing me down, you're the problem.

Normally the flow of traffic is 75-80 around here. However people will choose to do 73 and just cruise in the left lane.

Mazda 3

110mph in 60hp 83 civic all day long

kivvi.kz/watch/k88xw1y2tpss/

This. Which my first car, I floored it all the way up to the redline every change I got . Car had probably never seen 4k before that, as it was driven by a 40 year old man as a computer car

Commuter. Fuck

Lucky you guys ain't in Australia where these things are commonplace

>Rob Spaghetti's video when he's on the Autobahn with the Audi. He does an excellent job explaining as to why an Autobahn wouldn't work here America.
>We technically have similar laws in place but our drivers lack self discipline. The vast majority are selfish.
Sweeping generalizations about people's motivations are always wrong. It wouldn't take long for people to learn new rules if for example the leftmost lane of 3+ lane interstates were "speeding lanes/no limit". I mean for fuck's sake people observe car pool lanes because of enforcement and that has nothing to do with their personal safety. One fat ticket for going 65 in an unlimited lane and they'd stop doing it.

In a perfect world they would follow the new laws, however even today when there are "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs on her interstate, selfish or just dumb ass people will get in the left lane and just go with the flow of traffic in the right lanes, this selfish attitude is scattered amongst the driving population and would not easily change under new rules

>smoke him

Don't LMP cars use V4s?

It's not "Slower Traffic Keep Right" in America, it's "Keep Right Except to Pass". Both of these are bullshit if you just instate the law without raising the speed limits because you admit that your posted speed limits are too low and the police enforce the latter as if you can't overtake a line of vehicles going too slowly and instead expect you to merge in and out of the right lane and pass them individually.

This is also an excuse to fine people when put on freeways with left exits or that become a standard road with left turns at intersections. I wouldn't be surprised if cops waited off every left exit just to ticket everyone who got off there because they weren't in the left lane with the intent to "pass".

According to jewgle it does 150 stock kek

>It's not "Slower Traffic Keep Right" in America, it's "Keep Right Except to Pass"
Not when you see the Slower Traffic Keep Right sign it isn't, they want the slower traffic in the right lanes, especially on Interstates
Good example is I-64 where the speed limit is 70 and it's a 4 lane divided highway, slower traffic is expected to stay in the right lane, there is no misgivings about this
>This is also an excuse to fine people when on roads with left exits
No, this isn't true, where the fuck are you from? The only reason why cops fine people on left exits is due to the left exits being for HOV lanes and a dumbass is driving by himself
>I wouldn't be surprised if cops waited off every left exit just to ticket someone
You can't be from America if this is what you think because it simply isn't true, do I have a problem with cops who are nothing but glorified revenue retrievers? You're damn right I do, but what you're stating simply isn't true

I've only ever seen and heard of "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs in America, never the former. I've seen a few Veeky Forums users complain of being ticketed for trying to overtake multiple vehicles within a few hundred feet of each other without merging right and back out again. Whatever they're trying to do it isn't establish a pecking order like Europe.

Also there are lots of left exits off normal expressways in Michigan at least that aren't for HOV lanes but normal traffic. Keep Right hasn't tried to be implemented there yet as far as I know.

You can't legally pass multiple vehicles on 2 lane roads. You have to overtake one vehicle at a time.

If you're on a highway then you have to keep right except to pass and make left turns.

As for interstates, slower traffic is to keep right at all times unless passing. You shouldn't see somebody cruising in the left lane except to pass.
I'm from northern Michigan and I get extremely frustrated whenever traveling through Saginaw/Flint/Lansing areas. I travel down to Hurley medical center and into Livonia quite a bit.

If the drivers down there were as courteous as they are up here, surely one could get from point a to b a lot quicker.

Are you talking about passing on a 2 lane road with broken yellow lines? Dude I'm talking about highways where there's 2-4 lanes per side

>not remembering Montanabahn

underageb&

youtube.com/watch?v=CinjyQnqIZM

>You can't legally pass multiple vehicles on 2 lane roads

I'm aware of this, I'm talking about expressways/freeways. At least two people on here have reported driving on divided multi-lane freeways in America with 60/70mph speed limits with "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs and were ticketed by cops for overtaking multiple vehicles at once (not (just) for speeding but for "travelling in the left lane"). What I'm getting at is that "Slower Traffic Keep Right" is what they should be putting up on these highways and not "Keep Right Except to Pass" which are very different, the latter being exploitable and dangerous for encouraging more unnecessary lane changes.

I have never seen this, nor heard of anyone complaining about being pulled over for driving in the left lane, I ride it most of the time I drive and have never got pulled over

>Selfish

m8 they think it's a public service

>THE SPEED LIMIT IS SAFE ENOUGH, I'M NOT LETTING YOU BE A RACECAR DRIVER, YOU SHOULD THANK ME

This as well. I've seen anons post about this and then kek when they get pulled over for left lane hogging

This is an actual thing, it's in the defensive course for my state, something about 3 driving types: the Adult, the Child, and something else I forgot

>something else I forgot
the faggot

Each of them are a faggot in one way or another

>traveling at such a high rate of speed
>rate of speed
>rate of rate of change in position

Does this not bother anybody else? Rate of speed means acceleration. He didn't clock somebody accelerating at 148mph per hour.

Surprised there isn't more autismal comments about that. They say it 3 times for fuck sakes.

I live in michigan and holy fuck our roads are just as bad as everyone says they are, if not worse.

Shut up STEMfag everyone knows what they mean nobody's impressed

This. Insurance company says my Pontiac g5 shitbox is a sports car and jewed me hard.