I just don't want to burn oil anymore

I bought these two cars new. Sold the bimmer yesterday.

I had a 2009 honda accord (EU) - it started to burn oil after some time, progressing with that problem every month.
Dealer told me that one litter(quart in US, idk) for 1000km-600 miles is okay. Sold it at 1liter/600km rate.

My next car was BMW 330, 2012. Guess what, folks? That's right. Started to burn oil after some time. Dealer says THEY ALL DO, SIR. 1 liter/1000km, getting worse with every mile...Sold it at 1 liter/~800km.

Don't even start to say it's my fault, because everything was serviced perfectly, I don't drive like an idiot, and I had a lot of experience talking to people with exact same problems about the exact same models at the exact same stealership.
The problem is retarded/cheap engine build. Why? Because putting new/more expensive-custom PISTON RINGS fixes that problem. People have actually tried it and it works. Actually, that's the only thing which works!

Meanwhile our old family Mercs (e class 1988 and c klass 1995) don't burn a fucking milliliter between changes, and they are not serviced at all because they are barely worth 300euro each.

Anyway...I wan't something relatively new that doesn't burn any fucking oil and is reliable. Suggestions? How about Prius, the 2010 one? That fucker burns oil? That boring shit has to be reliable and rock soild, right?

PS If you burn oil, you are not welcome here, fuck you. Fucking oil burners.

Oh, about those piston rings - it doesn't entirely fix the problem, it just prolongs the life of an engine - the general design makes them wear at an extreme rate, thus burning oil. At least, that's one of the major causes.

I guess me and my 1988 Rx7 aren't welcome qq

RX7

>Don't even start to say it's my fault, because everything was serviced perfectly, I don't drive like an idiot
Oh, FUCK OFF It is your fault.
Fuck the service schedule, if you have no clue how an engine operates you will rape it like OP did, through blind ignorance

L2D

>15911572 ▶
> (OP)
>>Don't even start to say it's my fault, because everything was serviced perfectly, I don't drive like an idiot
>Oh, FUCK OFF It is your fault.
>Fuck the service schedule, if you have no clue how an engine operates you will rape it like OP did, through blind ignorance

Perfectly meant changing oil every 5000 miles. So yes, perfectly.

First day?

my almost 31 year old 6.9 IDI with 240k doesn't burn a single drop. doesn't even smoke on startup

still gets 17mpg and comfortably quick in a brick shithouse

lmao at your plastic engines

What do you mean "first day"? I didn't wait 15000 miles until a fucking oil change like I was supposed to, all services was way more frequent and with best quality available.
Blame me if you want, but even 5 sec google search reveals that modern cars tend to drink that fucking oil at a bizzare rate.

> Burning a quart per 600miles is ok.

Haha what? My 03 forester burns less than a quart every 5k. A lot less, and those are known for burning oil like it's their job.

I know your pain breh

I had an 02' nissan maxima with the VQ35 and it burned a litre of oil per week while just driving to work 15 mins away

I pulled my fuckin hair out over that piece of shit and eventually sold it to my dad for a winter beater and bought a new 13 civic instead

Zero issues

I laugh when i see 3.5 maximas on the road. Fuck driving a tempermental grenade as your DD

>2000 LeSabre
>trans died with 545k on the clock
>never burned a drop of oil
God rest her soul.

So what about a 2010 prius? any proud prius owners?

The two are mutually exclusive.

Twingo. I'm serious.

>Drive a 90's Volvo
>even with the Turbo and an oil leak it burns less than 1/2 a litre per 3500mi
>mfw

Actually I work at Toyota as a tech for 2 years and the Prius would burn more oil than you think. Maybe you should look into a Tesla

My e90 328 burns a quart every 15k miles

My GX doesn't burn a godamn drop

hoon hoon :D

I own a 2004 E60 530 diesel, a 1992 E34 530 V8 and a 1987 E32 750, none of them burn a single drop of oil.
The E60 has half a million on the clock and the E34 is a total shitbox with 340k on the clock and has been used as a work car through its life until I got my hands on her and started hooning all over the place because MUH VEE AYTE.

I've ever had only one car that has lost oil which was my first ever car, a GTC LeBaron Turbo. I removed the wastegate for HEKTIK boost. Turns out the wastegate was there for a reason and the turbo didn't really like my idea and proceeded to blow up.
Fucker started burning oil at an alarming rate, like went through the whole dipstick in 500km.
New turbo, bigger than stock of course, and the oil consumption stopped.

Get yourself a toyota corolla with a 1zz-fe. I used to drive a '99 that was maintained kinda ok and the thing never burned a drop

My french shitbox hasn't burned a single drop since I got it and put almost 3k miles on it

My dad's french shitbox on the other hand, burns through oil. There have been multiple times where I've checked the oil for him and the end of the dipstick has had just a dash of oil on it

foresters dont just burn it oil, they leak it from everywhere too

Please elaborate in all the details you can about priuses burning oil. What years, mileage, conditions, how much oil?

Mostly the older ones and mostly 50k plus miles. Again I wasn't a tech, just a grease monkey doing oil changes, but damn a lot of prius came in with low and super black oil. Of course people are weird, there was one guy who changed his oil only once a year (century club) and a lady who came once a month on the 15th every month for an oil change. I haven't worked there since 2013 so I don't know about the new new ones.

>mfw 2009 accords have oil consumption tsb

>mfw ops dumbass could have got a new engine for free.
Fucking idiots I swear.