pastebin.com/paW0DAG4

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

>vanilla.tf/
>Implying anyone plays the game

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Manmelter
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Flare_Gun
youtube.com/watch?v=aYs2xn9jigk&feature=youtu.be
wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/99/Scout_sf13_spell_teleport_self01.wav?t=20131030070444
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why would you ever hit somebody with your melee weapon

lol it just never happens

For burst damage up close once they got weak enough from your primary? Sounds like a plan.

Pyro update WHEN

may 2017 screenshot this post

How's your morning going, tf2g?

Are there no sites to check if you're missing any weapons?

I know there was tf2toolbox.com a couple of years ago, but that site's gone.

pls halp

Go on scrap.tf and in the unique weapons section theres a button that gives you everything you are missing

Thanks.

sometimes i forget this general exists

that sounds nice

I haven't played tf2 in a while for fun. I've mostly been doing it for contracts because the SCM is dead with people trying to offload their shit to buy crates to get trashy unusuals.

90% of the time i'll boot it up, play a pub for a bit and get bored and leave. Not because i'm epic outfragging everyone or because i'm a shitty loser but because I just get bored. I wonder when they'll actually introduce new content considering how boring scream fortress was this year

Thanks for listening to me doc

Valve should let this game die and focus on Cs:go and DotA

I use melee weapons when I'm close to an enemy and if I think I can hit them enough times to kill them. Most of them time I die, but sometimes it works.

fuck you cunt TF2 is a million times better then those games will ever be. If Valve had people working on it and play testing like CSGO and Dota2 it would have a thriving competitive scene.

but thats what theyre already doing

>random spread: the game
>one map: the game
>better than tf2
pick one

Pyro is CUTE

awwww yes

Reminder: Payload and A&D are objectively the worst game modes.

>Reminder: Payload and A&D are objectively the best game modes.
FTFY

Pyro update wishlist
>Flamethrower:
* Flame damage destroys stickies at the cost of less damage
* Airblast recovers more hp on extinguish, but cost is increased
* Airblast propels pyro into the air with the ammo cost increase, but don't reflect anything.
* Airblast shot builds up with fire damage like Phlog, you have one chance to airblast once bar is filled but causes reflected projectile to be full-crit
>Secondary
* Double flareguns next to each other stacked with straps. Pretty much like a double barrel Scattergun.
>Melee
* Balancing them would enough of a treat already. Sharpened Volcano has no purpose, Third Degree is a straight dumb upgrade.

What age did you grow out of mini sentries?

You can never grow out of such a cute little thing

a&d is fine
fuck gayload though

posted in wrong thread

never, as much as i hate them and refuse to use them most of the time, when you have 5 pro scunts on the enemy team you want to shut down their flank anyway you can

Caputus crepitus

twitchtv teamfortresstv v 84245894

happens lots of times in this match

that's wrong though: Capture the Stalemate and Territorial Stalemate exist.

Koth>A/D>5CP>Payload>CTF>TC

my opinion is superior because it's my opinion

>Primary
All weapons bar Degreaser have afterburn damage increased from 6/sec to 8/sec.
Airblast now does an "airblast jump" between the heights of a double jump and a rocket jump when Pyro is in midair.
Flamethrower cone is narrowed and lengthened so that W+M1 takes more aim and is more rewarding.
Backburner now has 60% self-damage reduction.
>Secondary
All flare gun afterburn damage increased from 6 dps to 8 dps.
Reserve shooter nerf.
Detonator now grants even higher det jumps.
>melee
Sharpened Volcano Fragment rework: Ignites enemies on hit (now does 8 dps), 50% of afterburn damage dealt with all weapons passively heals user, 2HP/sec drained on user.
Powerjack nerf.
Third Degree rework: minicrits targets connected by heal beams, 100% melee damage vulnerability on wearer, hitting bleeding allies stops the bleeding and heals you for 20hp

congrats pyro is now a more skilled, more viable class with a balanced weapon unlock selection

Nah, it's
Koth > 5CP > !5CP like Standin > PLR > CTF > PD > A/D > PL > TC > No one plays Mann or PASS

My opinion is even better

>Make flamethrower hitscan
>Flareguns are now their own weapon slot
>All flareguns now let you jump to varying heights

Done

Are the new unusual effects that good? I like the star ones, but I see people trying to charge insane prices for them, and most of the time they aren't one of a kind, there's usually 10 of them. How long do I have to wait for them to fall to reasonable prices?

I am so rich that I broke the laws of the cosmetic system

>>Make flamethrower hitscan
yeah that too, good idea.
>>Flareguns are now their own weapon slot
No offense but that's a bad idea. It will hardly make Pyro more viable because it can only have one weapon out at a time. It's almost guaranteed to cause more bugs. It would require Pyro to have another weapon slot in the menu cluttering shit up, it would make swapping between weapons a chore, and it just adds to the complexity of the game for no real good reason.

Just make Pyro's primary a viable, competitive primary in its own right, rather than all this fucking around with secondaries making them its main source of damage.
>All flareguns now let you jump to varying heights
How high would normal Flare Gun and Manmelter go?

>pyro update
>remove pyro
:)

the're not going to be worth shit because
1. double unbox rate
2. spread to only 4 effects for the entire month

Manmelter is a shotgun. Also, all these "give him another weapon slot for the flare gun" suggestions are bad. It's just pyro mains who want their epic flarepunch combo while also not giving up the shotgun(which is the second best weapon in-game, and not worth giving up for a flare gun in the first place.)

delet this

PYRO UPDATE
1. make w m1 less viable. combos are the skill based shooting
2. hitscan weapon like the lighting gun from quake
3. fix dumb glitches with particles and airblast.
4. make airblast not kill all momentum and harder to use
5. now it's harder to hit combos but buff the secondarys and add some new combo weapons. For example degreaeser is now the regular throwers stats and the degreaser is its own niche.
in reality they ll just add some shitty unbalanced weapons.

Pyro update:
Bug fixes
Air Blasting no long give mini crits
:)

>epic quickswitch combos should be more viable than using your primary weapon
>when every other class in this game relies on their primary to do damage, this shouldn't be a thing for pyro because it requires no skill
????

>Manmelter is a shotgun
What? No it's not user.
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Manmelter
>It's just pyro mains who want their epic flarepunch combo while also not giving up the shotgun(which is the second best weapon in-game, and not worth giving up for a flare gun in the first place.)

Yeah, I see the same behaviour from Heavy mains as well. It just wouldn't be worth the trouble of adding it.
>1. make w m1 less viable. combos are the skill based shooting
>2. hitscan weapon like the lighting gun from quake

in which case w+m1 WILL be skillful and there's no reason not to use it

> but buff the secondarys

just leave the secondaries as they are and make the goddamn primary weapon viable

>you can still spam airblast but it only fucks with player movement every 2 seconds or something
>cooldown doesnt apply if player is ubered
>instead of killing momentum it will push the player
>somehow fix the reflecting shit on your back issue

>It is a grey, retro-futuristic laser pistol
>Dual-type (fire and bullet)
>Unlike the Flare Gun and Detonator's flares, the energy bolts do not inflict additional damage to ignited players.
Yeah, definitely a flare gun.

>what is sticky bomb launcher? nothing really needs to be changed its just that right now the regular flamethrower is useless compared to the degreaser and people only use it for dumb reasons like using the aussie or they cant aim

Stickybomb launcher is demo's primary. We've been over this. They're both primary weapons.

At the range required for maximum effectiveness with the flamethrower, you'd be better off using the shotgun.

>>Dual-type (fire and bullet)
So are all the other flare guns, user. Manmelter is a flare gun.

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Flare_Gun

>>It is a grey, retro-futuristic laser pistol

user no matter what it looks like it's almost universally accepted in the community as a "flare gun" in the same way that Phlogistinator is a "flamethrower". And you said it was a shotgun, which has nothing to do with "grey, retro-futuristic laser pistols".

Are you just baiting to keep the thread alive, or bullshitting to cover up a mistake? Honestly don't bother.

I love whacking people with my wrenches.
I love trying to get ubersaw strikes as well.

Oh yeah man I love whacking it

>talking about stalement game modes
>5CP>Payload

At least on 5CP, the stalemate is likely because the teams are even and not because someone stacked half a dozen sentries on the point.

It's absolutely the same kind of shit.

LMAO did anyone else notice that the soldier's default rocket launcher ammo is literally 4:20?

>soldier with dick sucking medic rolls an entire team

everytime

how do I deal with this bullshit

get good

>posts "retarded" reaction image
while he also...
>spells "stalemate" wrong

Payload can literally not end in a stalemate
And we weren't talking about the most likely gamemode to stalemate anyway, just the worst ones

user, the retard was inside you all along.

pyro really does need a nerf

>tfw medic main with no dicks to suck

>Payload can literally not end in a stalemate
Thats why it's better than 5cp you dumb.

git gud at sniper

Direct hit is my go to counter for pocket bullshit

Or demoman and random crit stickies

a fame that can't end in a stalemate is not balanced

what the fuck are you talking about

are you retarded? chess is balanced because there can be a stalemate.

payload is unbalanced because there is always a winner and a loser, no in between.

fuck balanced games then. i want to win, not to fucking around for 3 hours

what do you think the result should be if two equally strong teams face eachother in payload?

keep in mind that both teams are 100% equal, both in classes as well as skill and kdr.

It forces one player to sit on the cart doing shit all as if they weren't even playing and requires stopwatch implementation to be balanced, fuckface. It is boring and slow to watch when 6v6 players are involved.

5CP is better, that's why all 6s leagues use it by default. Because we are smart and you are dumb. Fuck off you stupid HL shitter, go back to /v/ to self-fellate about how EPIC your Spy main 1337 backstab plays are.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretard!

>scrap.tf does a secret santa thing
>all those that cheated last year are banned from this year's
>raffles page is full of "waaah waaah i'm sorry i was a greedy fuck please let me in again look at me i'm giving away three scraps in weapons i can't be greedy at all"
hilarious

>want an unusual bone dome
>every seller is adding 20% to the price
>"ALL CLASS HYPE!!!!"
>check the workshop page
>creator confirmed months ago that its not being updated and if it was it would only be for demo and soldier

I was in this situation many times since matchmaking trying to find game versus another stack.
If teams are 100% equal the just can't cap 1st/last point. Easy. 10 mins and you type gg in chat, then leave.
>compfag have opinion
lol

Except it isn't. Nowhere near the same thing.

Except it it. Absolutely the same thing.

>>compfag have opinion
aaahahahahahhahahahhaha

I'm not replying to you any more in case you get your dirt on me, pubshitter.

Posting your stupid comments about Payload on TFTV so we can laugh at you.

Epic troll my man, very funny.

t. I've never played 5CP

>2016
>not realizing how shit pl_ is
are you a valve employee or something

Id?

He's probably someone who's gotten into the PL_ only comfort zone. When you first start the game and get recommended PL, a lot of people never graduate from it. It's so easy to do well on PL_, then when you play your first 5CP or KOTH map and get rekt you realize just how shit you are. PL_ is a game mode designed for shitters.

;)

Thats not an id

convince your team to stop what theyre doing and shoot them. really the only way besides spy or sniper a good soldier and med can just jump out of any situation

tf2 > cs go and dota

youtube.com/watch?v=aYs2xn9jigk&feature=youtu.be

The demo line for this is perfect

my favourite spell voiceline is wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/99/Scout_sf13_spell_teleport_self01.wav?t=20131030070444

1. Remove the pyro class from the game completely
2. Give medic the flame thrower

spy is now completely useless

good

do you think that some kind of deploy-able could work for pyro? something like stickybombs, but with few charges
or does that defeat the purpose of the class?

Beggars isn't a crutch

honestly pyro doesnt even work as anything anymore

his original purpose was to flank, but he is easily countered by a medic on the enemy team
a scout, who also uses flank routes, can very easily kill him in 2 shots
a spy with the dr and spycicle can easily escape him, in fact scout is better at chasing spies because of his milk
pyro can airblast back rockets but thats just a waste of skill, trying to learn something so useless when you can just play soldier yourself

only reason it still exists is because people with hundreds of hours spent into this shitty class and who spent too much money on pyro unusuals will be pissed

I love how people keep forgetting about the latest pyro buff where direct fire damage negated medic heals and resists

rate my spy

>the longer pyro holds down fire, the more his range increases

y/n

>Flamethrower range now even more wonky than it is before
No.

assuming they come out with a consistency fix next pyro update

>guy asks for pockets
>gets pocket
>complains that he is doing all the damage with kritz in his taint

10/10