PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/37/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' should also bring it up in game

>News
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5763/pc-patch-notes-11-01-2016
Angel City map coming December, late November for preorders

>Whats changed?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Please use spoiler tags when discussing the campaign

>Doomed thread

First for Ion is best girl.

Daily reminder that Ash is the only proper choice for IMC, compared to Blisk "I wouldn't wipe my ass if i wasn't payed to do so, much less help my men fight", and Marder "We had no reinforcements for 5 years but keep throwing valuable personnel into the grinder".

first for buff ronigger and nerf tone when

>buff ronin

The one most deserving of a buff is Northstar.

>~5 games in, slowly starting to remember how to go fast again
>dunking on people with the EPG
>top kills and bank
>game crashes

Blisk was always in it for the money, the only reason he joined the IMC and didnt retire was because they offered him a stupid sum.
git gud

>only play with north at g7
So tell me if I'm fucking wrong about this but why the fuck would I hover? I can't use it to get on top of shit I already don't have a ton of hp so jumping out of cover sounds like a shit idea. Then the core is just that but worst because the damage is shit and I'm going to most likely going to fucking die doing it.

Because it is a great game design and you should just shut your fucking mouth, reddit.

>giving an ability that puts a "shoot me" sign on your head to one of the squishiest titans is great game design
>calling reddit
You gave yourself away. Time to go back

I don't see you accusations reflected in the post you quoted.

My main problem with Northstar's Hover ability is more that it tends to keep you up for far longer than you need. After you've fired a fully charged Plasma round, and fired a Rocket, you're left hovering for two or three more seconds with little to do except get shot at some more.

If the hover ability let you cancel it at any time then it would be more useful.

Remove all the stupid invisible walls and Northstar is fine.

If a enemy pilot ejects within line of sight to me when I'm piloting Ion, I can blast them out of the sky 99 times out of a hundred. The laser being hitscan and having a huge hitbox is great.

>Because it is a great game design and you should just shut your fucking mouth, reddit.

Ah, the triggered retarded 1k hours played TF1 scrub.

>If the hover ability let you cancel it at any time then it would be more useful.
This, it should be a toggle

Just bought this on PC. The game isn't dead, right?

Titan Break-down

Scorch;

Pretty terrible, useful against idiots who don't know how to dash, teams which try and stick three legions through a tiny little chokepoint. He can be useful on maps like Complex and Crash Site, but overall he can't trade. By the time he sticks his head out to shoot and get back in Tone has put two-three rounds into him, Ion has laser shot him twice, etc.

He can't effectively trade, all his shit is massively televised and projectile, making it easy to avoid. He only works against retards, as characterised by "Heat shield is good because of the damage." Only a retard is going to let Scorch heat shield him.

Ion;

Should probably be the what everyone else is balanced around. She's well-rounded, has high play potential but also counter-play. Trip-wire is pretty terrible and could do some work.

Tone;

Obscene. Huge damage potential, and perhaps the highest survivability. A weapon which excels against both pilots and titans, without Legion's reload. With no regenerating shields particle wall because more potent, as it allows you to poke for free. Unlike other titans, like Scorch or Ion, which have to spoke shooting to put up their shield, Tone has continue to fire because of it. This accompanied with the new map design means it's far more difficult to get around the wall.

With the the improved particle shield the cooldown is something like 4 seconds. It's absurd.

But the most absurd thing about Tone is her Salvo core. It's the low risk - huge reward. It effectively instantly kills a medium class titan titan, she can simply boost, particle wall - salvo and bob is your uncle. It's also one of the least televised cores in the game.

Compare this to Ion's core. Ion's core has a longer wind-up time, Ion is completely vulnerable while doing so, Ion has to maintain line-of sight. It's HUGELY televised, the actual "cast-time" is longer. It's completely ridiculous.

You can see how they thought Northstar should play, to keep people stationary so you can snipe weakspots and peek out from behind cover to shoot unaware enemies at long range.
The problem is the way they balanced the skills in practice Northstar simply can't do this.
They probably ran into problems such as
>if the hover is too quick or just a jump then people playing Northstar won't be able to hit their targets

I personally think that the 2 hover skills should be reworked.

Ded game, ded thread m8.

Northstar;

Decent weapon, cluster is a plus. But she's a light class with no way of mitigating damage. She needs a shield on her hover and her core.

She's supposed to be able to poke, but because a light class mean it's hard to get good trades, especially with the travel time on the railgun.

Flight core is pitiful, and it's very likely than you'll simply be out done by a legion/tone on the ground. It makes you hugely vulnerable while not doing very much.

Ronin;

Has no complete mitigation outside of his dodge. He needs to be close, doesn't fare well there considering his low health pool.

It would be fine if I you could walk up behind a guy, Arc Wave, unload a shotgun magazine while he's stunned, and then vortex shield while walking away, but it's hard to disengage on a character base on hit and run because of his lack of mitigation.

Sword is absolutely terrible. Massive risk, very little reward, and it can't execute. It's complete garbage.

Legion;

He has a shield, health, high damage potential, ability to poke with power-shot.

He does however lack the BIG CORE which Tone has. That accompanied with his reload are probably his largest drawbacks.

>She needs a shield on her hover and her core.

If she's supposed to be a sniper then no she doesn't need a shield, just a way to keep her distance or escape.

As for the 2 hover abilities they should be reworked, especially the Core (it's just a worse Core than Tone with a slapped on hover).

Don't tell me that

She needs a cloak

It's oddly enough a anti-pilot core. Which makes little sense.
its damage is abysmal but the spread makes it good for cleaning pilots. At least relative to Northstar's usual capabilities.

Game only ever crashes when i'm doing really well. Sucks

God damn every single grenadier weapon is so fucking fun in this game. I'm at 3.0 with the EPG, the Cold War is an amazing suppression weapon, and the Softball launcher combined with phase shift is the best trolling set up in the game.

more like a cock

Maybe it's just me but i find scorch isn't too bad. Just have to stick your shots and keep to cover.

The added damage over time from thermite means you slap a shot to their centermass and back off to let it work.

Just scratching your hypocrisy there.

What about the micro missile launcher? How is that ever,good?

Tone is ideal titan for shitters like ForthyOmen to record cool gameplays with. Need them youtube bucks baby.

Which titan do you main?

So is TF2 on PC worth it or is the game already DOA?

I don't want another BF reskin and CoD will be more of the same anyway.

Can you customise the look of you pilot and/or titan? Customisation in games is a real dealmaker/breaker for me

Its super good, only if you use the black hole shurieken, so add sped up ordnance with that. Its not a great gun in general, but it fucks people up in CQC, so its still pretty fun. But no not really useful.

After learning to be sneaky as ronin, tripwires are good for flanking. Pic unrelated.

There's a bunch of camo's. 5 5x5(?) pages for each everything.
Every pilot ability has its own model.

>
it's a fast shooting shotgun user.

Ooh, that's a really good idea. I've been trying to use it like in the first game, but i'll definitely try that,setup later

How do I Scorch properly?

Stryder.

>not really useful
Maybe try shooting titans with it?

>Just scratching your hypocrisy there.

There was nothing hypocritical about my post.
But keep throwing those buzzwords around, I'm sure you feel real smart using all these big words.

Tone is ideal for people wanting to win. It's simply the most versatile and consistently good Titan you can pick.

are you trying to be edgy or something?

>he hates going fast

Easiest fixes to make all titans balanced.

Ronig shotgun does more damage but only when very close.

Nerfstar's flight core rockets do more damage than Tony's.

Legolas's gun shield health slightly reduced making him more vulnerable.

Ian's tripmines can be launched a lot further away if aimed upwards.

Done. Sort the matchmaking out and your shitty game is now GOTY. I want 5% of your profits in my PayPal account you fucking useless shitdrinking developers.

Pester people with thermite fire and greande launcher rounds until you can walk into them with heat shield to death. Add a dash move.

>Legolas's gun shield health slightly reduced
Doesn't understand the titan - the post.

But you're the smart one, you're the game designer, others in this thread should just keep their mouths shut.

Why does the default look so much better than all the garbage camo's?

>turn off shadowplay
>get team wipe melee only with ronin

i disagree with most of these.
ronin is doing fine, sword core needs to instantly destroy finished titans, without an execution animation

Northstar needs to have hover be cancelable

rest is fine. maybe reduce the AoE on Tones detection ability

All ive done is added the apex nose art, ill be using stoic light when i get it unlocked

oh yeah you're right reducing his gun shield health would make him a bit better

I don't believe you user.
Why would you ever turn off recording software?

Why do people keep asking this stupid fucking question?

Unless you play pilots versus pilots mode only, the asymmetry of the titan versus pilot scenario puts the game ridiculous far away from CoD. The fact that the "vehicles" are not tanks and planes and shit but are giant bipedal walkers makes the game unlike BF as well.

It can be easy to oversimplify titans as "killstreaks that just turn you into overpowered infantry" or "things you grab from time to time that are just tanks by another name" but the map design is sufficiently vertical that the :height: of the titans becomes extremely relevant, both as an advantage (can see over low walls and turn second stories and roofs into danger zones) and a disadvantage (can get anklebitten from down low). Depending on game mode, titans can brawl to control the open spaces and major avenues around objectives such that pilots can freely move into the interior, or titans can serve as a farming tool for points that have a distinct achilles heel, allowing the other team to eventually take them down to take the titan advantage (and thus point income advantage) for themselves. Even in the Last Titan Standing mode, you'll find that the first team to lose a titan isn't necessarily hugely disadvantaged due to the sheer size and space each titan requires to operate, compared to the now-liberated pilot who is free to crawl in all these places and get free and not-insignificant damage on the other team's titans without any enemy pilots to oppose him.

It turns out that having your eyes on the second floor is both a blessing and curse. A lot of the time you'll be in your titan and think to yourself "man I wish I was a pilot right now" and then you'll be a pilot and go "for fuck's sake how much more do I have to do to get my titan".

i had constant dc's
and basically tried everything to fix it
>fixed it
>forgot to turn on shadowplay

>any choice of nerf is appropriate
No you're a fucking retard user.
You could halve his magazine size and he'd still be amazing. Just not tone-level.

>Ronig shotgun does more damage but only when very close.

The only problem with Ronin is the core.

>Nerfstar's flight core rockets do more damage than Tony's.

Make the hover skills into a faster jet jump that you can activate to turn on (and off) hover mode and make the core into a limited range wall hack for titans (only for you, not your team) that also greatly shortens charge time for the main gun.

>Ian's tripmines can be launched a lot further away if aimed upwards.

Ion is faily balanced but the biggest problem is how everything you do drains energy, even the pretty useless mines drains a significant chunk.

Okay, so here's a question.
I play Ion so I shit on Legion 9 times out of 10. How the hell are they supposed to nerf him without making Ion shit on him harder than now.

Also as an Ion player fuck Tone. Jesus I have no chance against him. At fucking best I'll be able to take half of his health.

woah man chill

what do you think would be better though?

It's so obvious how triggered you are. Also I'm not the one playing game designer here, that was you saying how they fucked up hard in terms of game design only to list hypocritical and idiotic statements.
You just naturally assume that your ideas are objective truths, because why wouldn't they be, right?
I think you should go back to whatever subreddit you frequent, your echo chamber mentality would fit in better there. Especially with how you start to cry like a little baby.

Chin up, shitter.

>The only problem with Ronin is the core.
Agreed
>Nerfstar
He's now top-tier by a large margin
>ion
Sadly they want an interesting design for him. I'd prever if you had a power-cycle system. For instance when you hit with the Laser canon you gain vortex shield charge. Main gun hits generates charge for laser canon. Vortex shield catches generates for tripmine Tripmine instantly fills your core when someone is damaged by it. Core depletes all energy.

>garbage camo's

Pretty much all alt-colors look like shit, be it Titan or Pilot.
This is because it's just a camo texture slapped on top of them.

really?
i also like ion a lot and i feel like the tone matchup is 50/50.
you have to play the corner and just do 2 lasers and then hide, and whenever you feel the rocket barrage comming in you just vortex shield.
his normal 40mm shots shouldn't outdamage your laser.

>He's now top-tier by a large margin

Still just as easy to kill as before (when you didn't hover). Also I'm not talking global wall hack for titans here, only so you can more easily predict when enemies relatively close to you will peek out (like Tone can do).

WHY DO THE GAMEMODES KEEP MOVING AROUND
is it sorted by popularity?

Proposition: give all titans +1 dash from their current base. Remove +1 dash as an upgrade option. Dashes now take significantly longer (don't ask me for numbers, I dunno lel) to recharge from normal. The +1 dash upgrade is replaced with an upgrade that returns dash recharge back to its current state.

I currently feel that having an :extra: dash is simply so good it prevents any of the other upgrade choices from being compelling. One dash on heavies lets them pop out from behind corners; two dashes on mediums lets them move fully around corners; three dashes on lights lets them practically circle a position. Instead, this would change the dash economy on whether or not you can expect one to recharge by the middle/tailend of a firefight, the difference between dashing into and then out of a fight and dashing into a fight and fully committing to it.

>CTF is on the second page

His rockets aren't a problem, vortex fucks his shit up.
The problem is his shield. The only way to get rid of it fast is to do the splitter rifle alternate fire but that leaves me with no energy to use laser or vortex shield.
The mines are useless because Tone keeps his range.
The gun itself is almost useless since any time not using the laser or shield is spent hiding and at the end of the day he just builds up his core faster than me. And once he uses his core I'm fucked. The only times I win is if I get to use my core first but even then on some maps that is next to impossible because of all the cover options.

>still not all on a single page
WHY IS THIS SO HARD

>the Gears Of War General is dead
>we will be dead in a month too

>pilot
I disagree i think the pilot camo's are very appropriate.
The problem with them is that they're never really changing anything except a very few select pieces. But you can imagine most of them would be the primary choice an artist would have made in a lesser game.

If they just put some work into fitting in more of the detail within the skins that'd be great. it doesn't have to be consistent. Every camo doesn't have to color the kneepads differently or whatever. Just pick random shit to re-skin. Right now every camo changes the same shit.

FIRESTAR IS BEST ORDNANCE

IF YOU RUN OUT OF AMMO JUST PRESS Q FOR A FREE KILL

I should probably not screenshot on shitter settings..

The camo just slaps the texture across the entire model, that's the problem. On pilots like the grapple and stim ones it looks especially bad.

>Q
>not G

>Mastiff
>All the innacuracy of a shotgun
>Projectiles as slow as laser weapons
>Takes years to load

WOW WHAT A BRILLIANT GUN, THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS WHY YOU WOULD USE IT OVER THE EVA-8

I'm sorry Your Highness, i should have never opened my dirty mouth. I'll leave You to Your echo-chambers.

user you don't seem to see what I'm getting at here. They could easily just change the regions they reskin a little and it'd give so much more.

But on Titans it's just too much because the camo is in too many places.

But considering how low effort this sort of customization is it\s pretty good looking.

No worries princess, say hello to your fellow close-minded redditors.

Just played my first game with Tone. Holy fucking shit. This thing is so OP, especially considering how weak they made other titans by artificially restricting them to shitty weapons and shitty ability combinations. Tone is like fox in the henhouse. Both Tone and Legion needs to be completely removed from the game if you ask me. At least 4 other titans will get some even playtime if that happens. Kill 2 to save 4.

>removing something that can be fixed with number tweaks

Good games boys. Looking forward to some more later if anyone else is interested.

Also it does about 3/4 of a bar's worth of titan damage and can cause the pilot to freak out because of the hitmarkers, especially if you hit someone in the ass when they're engaged with a friendly titan.

Considering they will never give tone less health than a stryder class titan, nah, she cannot be fixed. She will continue to dismantle stryders with ease even if they nerf her 40mil to total shit.

i hate that you can't rodeo a titan with your firestar on it.
can't go full on ninja.

>then the core is just that but worst because the damage is shit and I'm going to most likely going to fucking die doing it.
What if the salvo shot cluster rockets, or at least had some mixed in every 4th rocket or something?

Don't touch my Tone motherfucker, she's perfect.

If anything, the other chucklefucks need to get buffed "there".

No, Ion should be the gold standard.

8v8 skirmish is really fun guys. Go 8v8 mixed.

>Bob is your uncle
I love it when non-native English speakers try to use euphemisms, it's so cute

Well. We have to try to learn.
I think you'd be surprised by how many people you assume are native speakers aren't.

Scorch doesn't really excel in 1v1 titan fights, but his zoning and area denial are insane. If you have A competent Legion or Tone, or hell, even a Northstar, you can just fucking melt people.

>just now realizing there's a second page
I'm retarded?

So is it generally agreed that Ion is the best balanced of the titans currently?