Why can't the US have the Maloo?

Why can't the US have the Maloo?

Can't GM just put the SS front clip and make it the new El Camino?

Other urls found in this thread:

lefthandutes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it wont sell. the average american is too fat to fit in it

Because everyone says they want one and no one actually buys them.

Im not tracking the 2017 orders as I already have a 2016 but there's probably still time to get an SS on order.

While I personally liked the GTO revival, I think GM got burned so bad on that move that they are weary of trying something like that again. That and there not being an ute market in the US.

CAFE prevents it from being a reality.

Because the maloo is a HSV, maybe the ss commodore ute but i doubt america would ever get a maloo or any other HSV.

Why do utes even exist? Fucking stupidest thing ever.

Aussies can't keep trucks fueled, gas costs too much

also they never do any real hauling unless you count their girlfriends. american mall crawlers are still used for the odd tonne of landscaping supplies.

>Why do utes even exist?
Reporting in to answer a dumb question. The reason "utes" were invented, and up until now exist is to have an on road vehicle with the capability to carry around a metric tonne with car like compliance and comfort in a time where pickup trucks were quite agricultural to drive. These days however with midsize and 1/4ton pickups improving greatly in terms of on road ability, utes have become not much more than performance motorcycle haulers which is why they're being phased out.
>Fucking stupidest thing ever
Now you're just talking about yourself :,)

Nope still dumb.
>hurr my car is my truck
Australia plz. Atleast make one with a 4x4 option.
>no back seat only 2 to 3 seats
No wonder they are being fazed out. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Ironic or moronic shitposting? Our pickups are actually use substantially less fuel than the utes mentioned ITT.

>Nope still dumb
You clearly are :,)
>hurr my car is my truck
if it fits your criteria, there's literally nothing wrong with that, unless you were vying for the approval of some random intellectually disabled user on Veeky Forums
>Atleast make one with a 4x4 option
Has been done a small number if times throughout history without much if a market, because it completely defeats the point of a "ute" for the reasons I've already outlined. Seeing as you have the memory of a goldfish, perhaps you care to refreshen your memory >No wonder they are being fazed out.
No shit, for numerous reason they're (like your fine self) now practically redundant, as I've already said.

>Amerifags just jealous me mum lets me have TWO utes

me jealous amerifag. me jealous me cant has aussie group ss sedans or XY GTHO. me also sad aussie cars will be no more.

Almost happened, but then Pontiac was kill.

Because fuck you, that's why.

But really, nobody would buy it. People who want a sporty car buy Camaros and people who want to haul shit buy the biggest pick erp trerk they can get their hands on.

Nobody's buying the sedan variant to begin with, so I doubt a ute would sell much better.

Utes are dead anyway, Commodores (and Falcons) have ceased production and nobody else really makes a proper ute.

lefthandutes.com/

They ship disassembled Holden utes from Straya and mate them to registered Pontiac or Chevy donors, even making them correct hand drive in the process. Just gotta fork over some dough.

These things look so weird but I kind of like them

Literally got the GTO, which had all the HSV Coupe parts, with a shite front bumper.

Also, it's why the later monaros (Z series, the better looking of the bunch) have such shit boot space because yanks are too pussy to have the tank in the right spot.

>Why do cars that aren't a 1.0l shitbox or commercial vehicle exist?

Because people like nice things. They were originally a car based pickup that has evolved into a cultural phenomenon.

why dont you import one?
>oh! wait you wont, too expensive, the same reason they wont bother importing them

is it fast, is MRC worth the cost ?