/gowg/ - Gears of War General #20

"Not getting banned for the Horde glitch" Edition

Welcome to Gears of War general. Here we discuss all things Gears related, including the games, expanded universe, state of the franchise and more.

Available November 1 for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Checkout and Dry Dock will also be introduced into free public playlists on November 8.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/10/28/new-gears-4-maps-debut-november-1

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Gears of War 4 is available in stores now

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rn10_Eh_GcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eE50c-f2KDg
youtu.be/fhlnz99x75I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for kait

We aren't going to last sadly

the fuck happened to the last thread? Don't you dumb niggers ever bump?

oh boy thread is going to archive again at this rate

Do the enemies in Horde scale with the amount fo players?

doesn't seem like it, seems to be the same amount if there's two people or five

Anyone want to get a party going to get the bullshit ribbons?

We can split into two groups of 5 and then search in a different region's servers and we should match together.

I only need 4, and two of the require specific gamemodes, the other two I can get in any match.

what ribbons?

Nade tag a retro charger.
Rev every teammate in 1 round in Exe/Warzone
Rev the leader the most times in Guardian
Get a double with a torque bow, with the first kill being a headshot.

>Nade tag a retro charger.
>Rev every teammate in 1 round in Exe/Warzone
why the fuck do these even exist

Just give up faggots.
Your thread died. You lost.

THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A __________

overpriced DLC?

man where the fuck is everyone

Too early still

Can we start talking about merging with /hg/ now?
It was fun while it lasted but i really think this is it for /gowg/.

What do you mean merging?

We gonna be /xb1g/?

/hg/ isn't a fucking paradise... it's the same people bumping the thread. Then it's filled with anime shit, talk about Rabbit, nostalgia shit every 5th post, some cunt posting monthly stats and then 1 post about Halo.

What is the horde glitch?

Well what's the alternative? I don't wanna stop talking about GoW just like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=rn10_Eh_GcQ

Patched now.

Neither do I but I highly doubt that /hg/ will just stop, creating an /xb1g/ would last like 2 threads, /hg/ would shitpost in it, while /gowg/ would talk about GoW, then /hg/ would go back to their general since it's been going for a year, even if it's stagnant with the same people over that period.

>tfw my legit class ranks and skills are meaningless now because of this bullshit

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the weapon rebalance only in ranked modes: core and competitive? Does that mean that they are untouched in social and horde?

Two weeks ago i proposed the idea of just changing /hg/ to /hgg/ (Halo/Gears General), they can keep their numbering and talk for both games is allowed. An xbone general will never happen.

I need to see speed boost with this

Competitive only for Lancer Gnasher.

Hammerburst got nerfed in every mode.

Social no and horde yes, horde has always had different weapon tuning. Social was affected same as Core

U guys r fag

I guess I'm going back to lancer

Here you senpai

I was running Engineer though but my Carry Speed got duped like 30 times I think.

I did run Scout a few times and my speed got duped around 80-100 times and I could run across the map in like .4 of a second, I could outrun my own Boomshot shot.

just lost a 5v4 koth match but i still top scored for my team

Ded

no u

Anyone down to play some Insane Horde?

Our general is going strong, has been long before you're was.
Yours couldn't even get to 20 without dying

>t. alberto barbosa

let me know when they make it actually fun and not a fucking turret grind

>I'm in the shot

>charging at a guy with a meatshield

You deserved to lose

He won the round...

why can bots take longshots

why do people that can't hit shots take longshots

You can trade weapon with bots to get the longshot you know...

Bots don't stay still long enough for you to aim in and press x you know...

TC the fucks removed the build 50 Foritifications Bounty and now you can't do the 20k XP per 3 mins method.

Fucking pricks.

wow they actually did it. didn't think they'd be this quick lmao

should i finish this montage or dump it? be harsh. it's the first time i've ever uploaded footage of myself playing. youtube.com/watch?v=eE50c-f2KDg

the FUCKING gnasher is FUCKING USELESS. HOW DID YOU FUCK IT UP EVEN MORE TC

I am aware. I was saying that, in that game, he did not deserve to win but in fact deserved to lose.

That's right, you can't down people with the Gnasher from a mile away anymore.
Sorry if that offends you.

finish it

Anyone also thinks Salvo / turret / fabricator options are pretty broken in horde?
These weapons should be player's trump card, right? you should not be able to use them so often, but in reality you can use them pretty much in every wave. It makes using normal weapons look so miserable.

i'm talking about the fact that you don't gib people literally a foot in front of you you shitter. tc didn't fix shit

if they fixed the difficulty people wouldn't need to rely on turrets and salvos

if they fucking sell Carmine instead of giving him for free i'm going to be fucking livid
but I'm also going to buy them like the good goy I am because they were my mains, go fuck yourself TC if you charge money

why would they give him out for free

DESU they need to release DLC the way it was in Gears 3 where you got a lot of value for your dollar. I appreciate not splitting up the playerbase with separate map packs, but a DLC like RAAM's Shadow seemed like it was an amazing product to buy. You get skins, a single player campaign, maps.

I agree
I would much rather have this
i mean have fucking MTs for weapon skins, but for fuck sake give us everything else in a nice package

Are you serious?? I bought 10 them yesterday. FUCK

If you have them now you can still do the exploit, but you cant buy anymore after you do it.

I can't check right now but i read in the forum that they reduced the payout too, is it true?

probably

No, they just completely removed the 50 Forts bounty.

who cares about the fortifications ii bounty anyways

wat
fucking
what

>shotguns being unreliable is realistic
>especially with cheap ammo

wew

kek

fuck wrong thread sorry

there's a new easter egg on checkout

>shotguns aren't reliable
>cheap ammo
does this fat fuck know anything about weapons in real life? Lmfao.

same guy that said there shouldn't be a re up limit because he played halo reach for 16 hours a day

i wonder how many people complaining about the season pass actually have it

i wonder how people can get so angry about the fortification bounty being removed and act like it wasn't an exploit

Discord is ded.

Horde lobby when? I will be lurking this thread for a few hours and able to play at any time.

What was this fortification bounty glitch? Just doing the team revive glitch and completing the bounty over and over? If so, why take out the bounty when they've already patched the glitch?

if you load into wave 50 of horde on any difficulty, you'd have enough energy to build all 50 fortifications with a 40% discount

Not a glitch though, just an exploit.

youtu.be/fhlnz99x75I

checkout easer egg

this came off really foreign but i meant easter egg on checkout

Finally, pretty easy to finish the bullshit ones when you have 6+ people to get them with

Do people here play horde because they actually enjoy it or are they just doing it for the xp?
Generally curious.

Lol its a good nod

XP and Credits mostly.

When it's with Andy an Lewd though it's pretty comfy though.

What's the best path to get skins?

Play Versus / Horde - > Get credits - > Buy crates - > Keep what you want, scrap what you don't want - > Use scrap to get desired skin if you got enough

Rinse and repeat?

so TC confirmed new character and weapon skins are coming really soon but I also want the ember skin for all my weapons. What do I do with my scrap gowg

Sauce?

why can't we just get them in private matches
what the fuck man

Yes

Core TDM wins award 70 credits for the win alone, KOTH awards 90, Escalation 80, Dodgeball 70 I believe. I forget the other payouts

why don't goldglove and femsteph make a video playing gears 4 multiplayer together

>tfw no tranny gears gf

I assume those are youtubers?

Because fuck youtubers and fuck you thats why.

>When you're playing Pumpkinball and every match has mental deficients and bots in them so your clips aren't partcularly impressive.

LITERALLY
WHO

mfw she will never dick me down

>tfw no one to play horde with

nigger we are constantly getting together on this board to play together

Nigga I have been here for an hour and a half and there are no horde lobbies.

People probably are still at school/work/other.
It's just now hitting evening. Shit will pop up.

>Implying I am an amerifat or care about the affairs of amerifats.

Then make a lobby faggot.

Ok. Lobby up. faggot.

Post GTs.