/fog/ ~ Fallout General

Survivalist Edition.

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sugarbombed.com/forums/threads/chris-avellone-interview-part-1.21018/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nth for 99% of the complaints against every Fallout game(except BoS) are 100% bullshit

There's something about the wood textures I still don't like. I'm not sure what it is though, but something's irking me. Maybe its too light for my taste.

I feel like it would be better if you talked to dude, I'm not so good at doing attention stuff. Just namefagging makes me uncomfortable from being here too long

That wouldn't be a hard edit to make, some new normals and new speculars would be nice though. But I'm not 100% sure on new normals, that might make it appear rough.

Dumb question, but is Fallout 4 actually good?
I tried to avoid getting spoiled, so I don't know much, but the few I know doesn't sound good.
>apparently, you're put in charge of a town in the five first minutes of the game
>lots of micromanagement forcing you to move back to your town to do mini-quests
>constantly chug down fusion core for the armour
>plot is about killing your own son or something

I'm a huge fan of New Vegas, if it helps.

settlements are optional, but you do end up getting way too much good stuff in the first five minutes.
And in every play through I have fusion cores are in stupid abundance

It'll look a bit different in your game

I do plan on making new spec maps though. I have to finish something else on the texture I might as well do that. And fix the mods normals. They aren't compressed right
Only the displacement was compressed correctly

How's the crafting? It felt a bit forced in New Vegas, but all the ammos were a neat addition.

crafting is way better than new vegas, although its best if you get some mods, such as extended weapon mods and craftable ammo, but there is a ton of variation on weapon mods.

not him but crafting is far more in Fallout 4, with tons more weapon mods and shit

Yeah, but every game can be good with mods. I'm asking for the vanilla game.

mods just improve on the vanilla crafting, and yeah crafting in vanilla is still really great, you can craft grenades and make all variations of weapon mods.

No, i meant that, in game, you can modify weapons, and its far more expansive then it was in NV.

I didn't mean mods as in, shit from the nexus.

Oh, ok the-wait, what?

Ha, okay.

One last question : the power armour seems like a massive chore, is it mandatory to not die in 30 seconds like a bitch, or can I skip it?
And are the cazadores still around?

Any chance of synthetic instead of wood?

Well the quest were you have to impregnate the vault salesperson to unlock the power armor, also cazadores have returned and are 2 times bigger, they also scream at you extremely loudly.

What difficulty and mode do you think is the real way to play fallout 4?

>That feel when you survive by sheer force of will
I don't know how the game decided I could survive on 0hp, but apparently you can. No cheating either, just incredible luck.

It's like DnD, you don't die until -10.

How about a fallout game set in Detroit?

Modded survival. Personally, I don't use damage adjustment mods or almost any weapon packs (I do have one I custom made for myself, but it only makes a heavy weapons version of the hunting rifle for my HW character).
What changes I do make are settlement stuff + usable cigarettes so I can save whenever.

Did something like that in league of legends years back. Guess you have to reach negative hp to actually die.

Ah. That explains it then. The amount of times I've hit 1hp is unreal.
I've had the same shit happen on BF3 back in the day. I figure the value has to be in the minus otherwise it'd too easily cause bugs.

>want to give survival mode a try
>know i'll pussy out and use god mode as always
oy vey

Do you mean like the original mod and not this modded mod to make it more like the service rifle from NV? On a related note, it would be neat to have it set up to have the original mod's textures available as weapon mods.

Oh, I didn't know that's what this was.

its only held back because of they way thirst, sleep and hunger are handled.

you also apparently cant die from not drinking/sleeping/eating

>Using god mode, survival
Doesn't even work anyway. Stop being a faggot and push yourself to be better.
No, seriously, push yourself to have better environmental awareness, thought about which weapons you'll need to use, directions to come in from (because believe it or not, even though you can't use sticky cover without that one mod, cover does still mean a lot) and reactions.
You'll appreciate the game a whole lot more when its actually you playing it, and not it playing itself.

Well, actually I prefer using mods to change the game experience, rather than using a bugged "survival mode".
I remember using various mods in SKyrin, like Wet&Cold, and other stuff that made eating, sleeping, drinking, cooking, setting up a camp and other stuff mandatory in other to survive in the lands of Tamriel.

I wish there was something similar for Fallout 4

Holy fuck, that's a good settlement. I like it.

>bugged "survival mode".
Have you even tried it?

It's better than iNeed or whatever other survival mods Skyrim ever had.
Hell, it's even better than NV's hardcore mode.

You're an ignorant piece of shit, Wes. Like always.

Thanks. I'm not even half the way done though, there's still a lot of missing stuff.
There's a clinic, a tech lab where my character builds a shitton of robots and other advanced stuff, a little diner, and various houses for my settlers, but I still miss a few things like a proper warehouse to store all my shit, the armory, minuteman's HQ in Sanctuary, a bigger farm, and a nice market district.

Of course I did, and the fact that it comes as a one, single big sort-of-DLC, with no customization options or some sort of "menu" really bugged me down.
For example, my PC is pretty old,every now and then it crashes so it's a pain in the ass to start all over again. Yes, it's "my fault" but having a quicksave ON/OFF toggle would be useful.

What I mean is, playing survival mode makes impossible to follow a "personal path" during the game experience, since I'm forced to:
-not fast travel even if I'm going from Diamond City to Goodneighbor wearing a Power Armor (I mean what the fuck could happen)
-can't quicksave to prevent CTD
-and a lot of other stuff that forces you to experience the game with a lot of limitations, rather than expanding the player's immersion in the Commonwealth.
Other things worked just fine, but all these "limitations" would better suit a game with way less RPG elements, not Fallout 4.

PS love you too

So Unique Uniques plus Wild Wasteland is pretty fucking cool. Kellogg's Pistol from UU + WW's Blackhawk gives me this.

Hey buff would it be possible to chop the hideous charging handle extension off the 2216's model?

>complaining about the lack of options to use quicksave and fast travel during survival
There's countless mods for that.

>-not fast travel even if I'm going from Diamond City to Goodneighbor wearing a Power Armor (I mean what the fuck could happen)
Fast travel is disabled to make farming resources slower and to put emphasis on being prepared for anything instead of having instant access to all your gear. Also it makes connecting settlements more important to share their resources.

>-can't quicksave to prevent CTD
While I have this problem as well and it sucks to lose progress for no good reason, quicksaving in survival would change risk management into trial and error with infinite attempts. A consumable item that allows you to quicksave when it's used would be ideal and there's probably mods that give you that.

>-and a lot of other stuff that forces you to experience the game with a lot of limitations, rather than expanding the player's immersion in the Commonwealth.
Needs, weighed ammo and lowered carrying capacity exist for the sake of inventory management, which is now relevant because you can't fast travel. Damage is adjusted to make combat faster and healing speed is reduced to make heal tanking impractical. The disease system is pretty stupid, sleeping in a bed makes me sick more often than anything else.

It's not necessarily immersive, but I prefer to play on survival mainly due to adjustments to combat and inventory. Not quicksaving or fast travelling could be optional challenges for the players who want to play like that and there are mods to customize survival to your liking so it's not a real issue.

I know, because that wasn't the point of my observation.

The point is, since we all know how to play an RPG, and we all know there are some times when you want to smell the gunpowder from your screen and you go full survival and IMMERSHUN kicks in, but some other times maybe you want to toggle console commands and that a screenshot and, well you can't. Or you want to fast travel because there's a storm going on and you're just a few meters away from your home: and you can't.

I enjoy immersion and survival as the next guy, I love playing games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Skyrim with tons of mods that basically made everything a danger for my player and his survival in those lands a mere statistical issue.
I loved all the Souls game, but fuck this is Bethesda not FROM Software, and you can't apply a new game mechanic to a pre-existing map: beds are scarce and I can't be bothered to pull out my sleeping bag anytime I need to save.
And why the Commowealth is filled with Behemoths, Deathclaws with 1.5 spawn rate. Aren't these enemies supposed to be very, very strong but also very "rare" too?
Having all these limitations doesn't make the game harder (and since when every game has to be HARD to be a good game?), it makes it less enjoyable.

But these are only my 2 cents, so here's masked DoggoMeatto

>types out several paragraphs about shit nobody asked for
You're seriously autistic, Wes.

Probably, yes.

But some guy (probably you) asked me if I ever played on Survival so

Just stop pouring gas in the flame if you want the fire to stop, no

Sex mods for FO4 when?

is the dlc for fo4 worth it

currently doin a vanilla survival save and its breddy fun

Far Harbor is the only DLC that is good.

Automatron is short, but fun, otherwise it's just workshop stuff.
The two workshop DLCs are kinda nice if you're into building.
Fah Habah and Nuka World are pretty good and definitely worth getting, especially the former.

When in doubt, just pirate them.

If you play on survival get Automatron asap, it adds lots of new random encounters that make Commonwealth a lot more dangerous. They're mostly robots so you can simply hack them if you got that perk, though. Wasteland workshop is also fun if you like defending settlements, you can use the cages to make it so they get attacked more often.

Is there anything that lets med Scrap everything within a certain area?

Like i want to remove EVERYTHING in sanctuary but i can't scrap a whole building without there being lights and stuff that i have to scrap afterhand.

Also what's a good mod with nice walls and stuff.

spring cleaning and typing scrapall
although when I scrap the bushes I get this weird graphics bug where if I look at something it will turn invisible for a second

I am loving this shotgun.

>Buffscale made the thread
>thread literally fucking ruined
>circlejerkers will still suck his dick like the messianic prophet they've long awaited for
Oh, and Raven is still breathing.
wew

I hurt my leg in Florida. Your wish was only partially granted. Sorry.

post more cutie

i need inspiration to see if its worth downloading all those body slide addons n shit

There's only 1 bodyslide
It has no add-ons

retard alert

kys

t. recluse

i have to model armor n shit though...

t.circlejerker

sugarbombed.com/forums/threads/chris-avellone-interview-part-1.21018/

>SB: One last Fallout 4 related question. Bethesda, specifically the lead BGS writer Emil Pagularo, have taken some heat for multiple lore inconsistencies found in Fallout 4. For example, according to Fallout 4, jet was available pre-war and not created by Myron in Fallout 2. Also, there is an Enclave Power Armor suit at Nuka World that was also made pre-war (when it explicitly states in the game it was created post war), among other inconsistencies. How much is making sure all the lore in your games adds up and is consistent something you focus on in your games? And do you take issue with Bethesda at all for these lore inconsistencies?

>CA: Do I take issue with them? No. (And considering what jet was originally made from, that lore point should make a lot of players happy.) Even so, when inheriting a franchise, sometimes I, too, take exception to previous decisions as well (talking deathclaws in F2, talking animals, ghosts, Wannamingoes that look like HR Giger knock-off monsters, etc, etc.), even stuff I've done that I realized later was the wrong decision for the sake of a cheap joke (esp. 4th wall-breaking jokes).

topest fucking keke

Youre not even contributing to the Survivalist rifle so don't even say anything you bitch

jesus christ who makes these weapon mods

this pic would trigger the fuck outa /k/ if you ever wanted to make that happen

I was under the impression that all you had to do to trigger /k/ was call everything a clip.

>sugarbombed.com/forums/threads/chris-avellone-interview-part-1.21018/
SB: Hypothetically, if Obsidian were to make a hypothetical new Fallout spinoff, would you hypothetically want to go back to obsidian and have some involvement with it being that Fallout is so close to your heart?

CA: No. While I like the developers and wish them all the very best, there's too many other problems at the higher managerial level to ever consider stepping back, especially when you could make a step in a direction that mattered for the franchise. Even leads at Obsidian have said as much (most after departing), and they told me they felt helpless in their roles to do what they felt was the right decision.

fo4 is pretty good long as you mod the hell out of it into STALKER: Cry of the Commonwealth

it's a massive improvement over 3 or NV on gameplay and map content. Can't comment on the lore or main story since i literally own fallout 3, nv, and 4 so i can mod the shit out of them and totally avoid most quests.

i'm not saying it's hard, i'm just saying that pic is a 100% guarantee for multiple reasons

>as you mod the hell out of it into STALKER: Cry of the Commonwealth
Na, that would make the game worse

The only problem with spring cleaning + scrapall is it fucks with LODs. I used scrapall in Sanctuary but from Vault 101 I still saw the houses. It didn't happen if I manually scrapped them tho. scrapall is weird

What in the fuck does that have to do with you sucking Buffscale's dick?

You mad bro?

Yup, fucking retard

Oh look, Chris Avellone is actually reasonable.

This is why I use place anywhere + the scrap all command. Scrap all command first, then if you take issue with something like junk on the floor, press insert and it'll allow you to move/delete the junk that was previously untouchable.
This way you scrap all of the legit stuff safely and go around only scrapping the crap that actually bothers you without fucking up LOD's and shit.

Piper was misbehaving again. Had to deal with her. On a related note, I wonder how had it would be to make a functional gallows

Well, for PC there are a lot of mods, I think some of them are available for XboxOne. I'm saying this because, having played the game vanilla on PS4 and then modding the shit out of it made FO4 a pretty different game.
So, you can "design" your game experience with a few mods, and you'll play the game you want. If you're into exploring and venturing the lands of the Commowealth, I can tell you settlements and all that micromanaging system isn't really the main part of this game, but yes the game sorta forces you to learn about settlers and how to provide food, water, defense etc. to your community.

>not changing piper

Can't change perfection m80

Yeah you can.

not all of us like frogfus m8

Exactly, that's why you mod her

ugh

>it's a tripfag episode

Didn't play since my vanilla release run, but I bought the season pass so i'll try a new run with heavy modding.
Is this list a good starter ? Most things seemed good.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

Yes well, that's a good start, I'd even suggest to cut short a few mods from that list, but it's really up to you.
Also, it depends what kind of PC are you using, but then again, since you said "heavy modding"..

Maybe some mods will conflict with others, if anything.

Ok thanks, also PC is not a problem i've a pretty decent one.
And it can't be worse than morrowind/Oblivion mod management problems with conflict everywhere, solving those is part of the fun of modding... I guess.

It's mostly decent but you'd be better off scouring the Nexus for armor and most weapon mods. Most of the hairs it suggests are shit and so is the makeup section. Robot Home Defense was better done in Automatron. Settlement stuff is good though

Trigger discipline, tacticool sight, and maybe the mag right?

Could've just said it's big and black and that offends you

kys

The sight and magazine I can understand but is there any game that actually has trigger discipline?

One of the Saints Row 4 promo posters had it.

>Poster
>Not ingame

does anyone know of any models (armor) that would fit well in fallout 4

i wanna port something cool

Port whatever you want and make up how it fits

i mean i want something wastelandish

So port armor with wasteland aesthetics

port RAGE assets

if you can link me some ripped models

I am of no help and have no idea where to find said assets

So I just got the Nuka world dlc.
Is this it?
Like all I'm doing at the moment is running between Nuka world and the Commonwealth killing people.
This is terrible.

i cant find any