Veeky Forumsrange County Cruise

First cruise of the month. Who else in OC is down?

>Meet at Chevron Orange, 8544 East Chapman Avenue, Orange, CA 92869
>hit up a short touge on Modjeska Canyon/Live Oak Canyon
>Chill in the post office parking lot for a bit. Talk shit on Prius drivers, bicyclists, etc.
>head back the same way (will be mostly downhill on Modjeska. Drive with extreme caution bc of loose gravel.)
>either get some food in Tustin Marketplace, or head on home.

All in all, this should be a nice quick 1-2 hour meet tops. Nothing too crazy. The road is least crowded before 10 in the morning and after 7 in the evening, but let me know what time is best for you.

Huh, I always though some of these side roads off Santiago were private. Modjeska looks pretty fun.

I'd be down, it's actually pretty close to where I live. I like Ortega, but I hate having to deal with 30 mins of freeway hell trying to get there haha

Lol oc is dead af

How heavily is it patrolled by CHP?

Not that heavily, surprisingly. I'd be more concerned with a slow driver. Of course if you really want to have the lowest chance of cop trouble, you'd either have to go late at night or early in the morning.

I'm down senpai

Green legacy checking in. I'm going to be visiting family in long beach on Saturday so I won't be able to make it after all

You down for morning or night?

All good, I might make a S/o/cal thread for Palomar. I think it's worth the 2 hour drive from OC.

Night.

Alright, let's make it 8:00-8:30. That should put us away from rush hour traffic and associated police presence.

Yeah OC is trash for driving anyway.

Also
>Chapman
>Orange County
>implying

Well sometimes you don't want to drive 2 hours out to get to all the good stuff, and Ortega is almost perpetually crowded unless you go before 8 in the morning.

Chapman turns into Santiago Canyon when you cross Jamboree, dude...

Where are we meeting up?

I'm ready

See . This is happening on Saturday.

What do you guys drive, so I know who to expect?

Silver WRX

I'm coming up from Irvine. This is in my backyard!

We actually meeting? 8:00-8:30, correct?

Leaving the house now.

Yep. Be there in about 20 mins.

I spy with my little eye a Subaru and a BRZ

Waiting at the station now.

With you in spirit here in seattle.

Was fun driving with you guys, looking forwards to the next one.

I see you still have that zip tie on your spoiler. Hope you can get that fixed soon, dude

Looks like a fun meet, sucks that I couldn't make it

Lol gotta do some fabrication, but it'll get done.

The meet was fugging awesome. Glad I was able to make it out.

That was some mad touge.

That Frontier was really pushing it. Props for staying in control, that was not a slow run.

Thank you! I wish I had something more cut out for this kind of stuff, but the Frontier will have to do for now.

Veeky Forums Pass user since August 2016.

awww shit wish i saw this, coulda been there easy. i drive that road all the time, it's pretty great. not too twisty but still fun.

We did Santiago and some roads that stemmed off of it. The back roads we took were pretty twisty and luckily didn't have a lot of traffic. Never been through that part before.

Lol sup

Ay senpai. Come to the next meet

See .

FUCK, I would have gone if I knew the turnout was going to be decent... any plans for another one?

Possibly Ortega after Cars and Coffee. We'll see.

I'm down

BUMPDS

Haha you know this is like a 5-10 minute drive? At least go up the Ortega.

Or do some crazy shit like the South Main Divide and Los Alamitos Truck Trail after midnight. Pitch dark and nothing around but black. My M3 wouldn't get very far but a stock Kia Soul handled it fine.