Daily reminder to poorfags:

daily reminder to poorfags:

if "real wheels" are out of your budget for that super-dope Miata build, you should probably find a cheaper hobby so cutting corners doesn't get you or someone else hurt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaJixxQeosQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that budget rims can into motorsports

>he paid full price for muh aesthetics while some ricer paid a fraction for Rotas
>neither will ever see a track

The premium is for branding and performance applications. It makes no difference on a hard-parked lawn ornament.

Why not get something like a set of RPF1s where you get both quality and a decent price?

Are Racing Dynamics wheels the real deal?

they cant even into drifting bud

premium is also for basic road safety as well, user youtube.com/watch?v=vaJixxQeosQ

get the fuck out of here with your logical nonsense

damn i have this problem, my passenger front rim is cracked straight through. and it is still holding up, still haven't welded the damn rim

Get that shit sorted ASAP, user. We don't need more Veeky Forumstists to crash, 3 this week is plenty.

>Tfw want stock crx wheels for civic
>No full pairs
I live a sad life.

yes they are an Italian company that made OEM wheels for BMWs back in the 90's. rare to find nowadays.

Very nice. Their stuff looks nice and seems to be pretty affordable around here.

When Racing Dynamics went bust a US company called Rac Dyn popped up after buying all their stock from liquidation and tried to trade on Racing Dynamics history.

How much lighter are "racing" rims than oem lightweight ones?
I plan on getting style 360 rims for my e46 (8 kilos)

>I don't know anything about metallurgy the post

>Bought Enkei, XXR, and Gramlights in the past
>Eneki shattered after hitting a bit of pavement at an autocross event
>XXR held up to offroad hooning and a few autocross events
>Gramlights held up to drifting and several track days

Just because it's a name brand doesn't mean they're fucking indestructable

Both can break the same way. The only problem of replicas is that they are 10 lbs heavier.

>random Mercedes shill
I want to believe, but these are the same cunts responsible for any sort of restriction on importing.

>d...dangerous vehicles
>n..not up to our safety standards
>muh entirely unique Aussie conditions

It wouldn't at all be out of character for them to bust the fakes up a little first. When Tone was talking about killing off import regulation they were shitting their pants at the thought of cunts bringing over cheap used Mercs from Germany or something.

It's quite likely knockoffs like this are shit quality but the same argument gets applied to Rotas too. Rotas are heavy pieces of shit but there's some manufacturing standard they're still held to, no? There was a bad batch at some point, and there was also a bad batch of ignition switches at some point too.

>Implying one of those failure modes is any less catastrophic than the other

Why not get Storm S1s, Dial In, or any of the other flow formed wheels that are just as strong as the RPF1 but much cheaper and available in better sizes and offsets?

So what can cause the wheels to fail like in the second pic?

much lighter

kys tripfag

cast wheels vs. forged barrel wheels make the difference, not name, and there are few to no rep brands that use high quality forged barrels.

fuck me man i wish i was on a benz payroll.

$90 lip replacement vs. $200 wheel replacment

usually from hitting curbs and potholes at speed. heat does fun things to cast wheels made from inferior materials.

Casting defect on a batch of rota wheels about 10 years ago. It's a meme as old as time.

Steel wheels are the best.

Not really, they still bend.
Our work stopped buying aluminum wheels because they kept cracking and the steel ones we replaced them with just bent instead of cracking.
Only advantage they have is they are cheaper to replace.

but user, i've seen those kind of failures on brand new Mercedes

t. auction locksmith

>be underage
>mom driving me home from vacation
>rural road
>there's a deep medium sized hole in the road visible from afar
>she drives into it almost as if on purpose
>hear loud whistling as the tire deflates
>1/4 of the steel wheel bent at 45 degrees

>top image is clearly from getting curbed

You can just hammer them back into place

Tada

It didn't lose any air, we were airing up after our day out offroading at 20psi

>using non-OEM parts

ricer chode smokers deserve whatever bodily harm they suffer

I don't think you understand what I mean by bent

Pics bro.

I don't have any pics, just that when you jack the buggy up and put it in drive, the wheel wobbles left and right.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal if all they did was buy real Racing Dynamics wheels and sell them.

>26.8
>lighter

well trolled my friend. My stock 17" enkei wheels are 24lbs. I'm looking for a set of volk te37s which will drop me in the low teens but $1500 and for a used set.

>that image
what is cast vs forged?

Lol you must be beating the shit out of those things. What are they used on can you give more info? Next time you see one take a video and post it on Veeky Forums

If anything hard parked cars need proper wheels the most.

If you are goung to get wheels why wouldnt you get nice ones anyway?

>hammering things with a yellow spring
teach me, master

The way I see it rota wheels are like comic sans for your car.

Sure, people who aren't really into cars/design will like it.

People who are genuinely interested in cars will avoid rotas but to normies its no big deal. People genuinely interested in design will avoid comic sans but to normies it's no big deal.

driving a car with that low of a profile tire