When will car designs go back to being subtle but beautiful?

When will the beauty of the 90's come back where cars were good looking with simple designs and actually had visibility. When will real cars return?

Pic related of subtle beauty.

Real cars have returned OP.

literally never. thank women and emasculated cucks who think angry cars with a billion edges will make them more awesomer

Never

This

>cars with a billion edges

that could have a lot more to do with aerodynamics than styling. Lamborghinis in the 90s were more smooth but they probably noticed they could extract that extra bit of performance if they modeled their cars with knives.. so they did and that's how we ended up with the picture before you.

Our military jets have been heading the same way.

>that thing
>built for speed

Gtfo out of here faggot I'm a low level ground pounder and even I know the jagged edges are for stealth, which cars have no use for. Bombers like that are slow as shit

The F117 is edgy because it helps it keep a small radar cross section, it's actually inherently un-aerodynamic.

edgy looking "supercars" don't have aero as the first priority. everything about them is for show. the performance is just so you have numbers to brag about.

the blackbird is slow fyi

The Nighthawk is one of the slowest fighter jets because of its jagged shape

That's not a Blackbird

And the Blackbird isn't slow

the nighthawk is angular because of the limitations of the computers they used to calculate radar cross-sections, remember this is a plane designed in the late 1970s. modern or even last-gen stealth uses aerodynamic shapes same as everything else

All your dumb millitary codenames are the same to me man

>blackbird
>nighthawk
semantically equivalent

This is one of the cringiest, most boomer-sciencey posts i've seen on Veeky Forums in a long time.

So call them by their names, F-117, SR-71

Shit i fucked up sorry didn't mean to go full retard.

Too late this is an aircraft thread now

>flying wing/blended wing designs
muh dick every time

Stop ruining my thread with planes, this is simple beautiful cars thread.

Also aircraft that are basically missiles with a cockpit

"no"

I feel you, OP
but I miss these big, ostentatious bastards and others like it

its more that they want to give the car a distinct and marketable shape
but aerodynamic and safety requirements disallow it

Planes are cool though

This

Once cars have no need for a bulky engine bay they'll probably just become pods on wheels.

the answer is always "when regulations loosen".

muh dik

cant wait to have dat fully reclined lazy boy driving position