/revog/ - Revelation Online General

CBT1 HYPE!

Countdown: countingdownto.com/countdown/na-cbt-1-03-november-2016-countdown-clock

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-28102016

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Resources
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

>Can I play now?
If you have a CBT key for the English version, you're all set for the first test on 11/3. If not, your only option is to download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. Information on how to play the Chinese version is in the FAQ.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/41tA9QvT
dulfy.net/2016/11/02/revelation-online-life-skills-and-crafting-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=EIuFymMM2ak
youtube.com/watch?v=KM3MzWYa_-Y
strawpoll.me/11561546
2p.com/44270868_1/Chinese-Players-Can-Soon-Play-Kabe-Don-with-Others-in-Revelation-Online-by-cindyhio.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What class do you guys plan on playing first?

Eeh again?

Occ, thes SS and BM.

What are the major differences between Vanguard and Blademaster?

Friendly reminder to never join a Veeky Forums guild

I really like playing healers, so I'll probably be a healer again.

Blademaster has more CC and does more damage. They're both tanky, but Vanguard is tankier than Blademaster. There's probably more differences, but I didn't play either class very much.

SM or Gunslinger. I usually always play ranged deeps in mmos but I prefer them being a bit more mobile instead of pure turret jobs so I'm leaning towards SM.

Anybody with experience on those 2 classes and which of them gets to move around more?

pastebin.com/41tA9QvT

Swordmage has more mobility than Gunslinger, but Gunslinger does more single-target damage than Swordmage.

swordfags HAVE to use moveskills all day all night, that's how they get their rage

SM it is then, thanks.

Why are you still planning on playing this game instead of the superior games? (Tera, Aion, Black Desert Online, Blade & Soul)

It just makes no sense

enjoy getting 50% hp nuked from 30 meters

(You)

>Tera

EU is kill and US is a walking corpse

>Aion

Jewshit also ancient

>BDO

Jewshit also P2W

>Blade & Soul

No idea never played it but there is no open world apparently.

New guide by Dulfy! dulfy.net/2016/11/02/revelation-online-life-skills-and-crafting-guide/

>No idea never played it but there is no open world apparently.
Just simply jewshit.

>Jewshit also P2W
Memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=EIuFymMM2ak

>NCSOFT

I guessed. Still hilarious that Wildstar went belly up so fast.

>NCSOFT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GIVE ME BACK MR EXEEEEEEL

my hype for this game is basically dead already
do we have a guild planned yet

Yes

Wildstar was cool af, shame devs were retarded. They also made absolutely anti-p2w shop for f2p which borked them even more.

Post your shitty characters.

I like this even if it's not my character.

>they call out other mmo's for being jewshit p2w
Heh.

Huge forehead

RevO will most likely turn into jewshit P2W too.
It's FOTM though so why not give it a try?
There hasn't been a single good MMO in years anyway.

No idea never played it. But the generals seemed like cancerous furry shit so I stayed away.

Almost all F2P MMOs are P2W in some form or another, the only difference being how tolerable the P2W is. I thought the P2W in BDO was OK, but the gear scaling was absurd. The P2W in Blade and Soul wasn't OK. For Aion...I don't remember that being P2W, but I haven't touched it in years.

I've posted my character enough in general, so have this.

Is the CBT in the morning EST or is it mid-day tomorrow?

Yeah but BDO isn't F2P also they cranked up the P2W elements after the launch hype died.

At launch it wasn't really P2W except some retarded overpriced costumes that gave like +10% XP.

see this vid

10 AM EST

In BDO you literally got better gear with p2w
did you in bns?

Yeah, you did. I guess I quit BDO before that became an issue.

I didn't mind Tera's "p2w" stuff but that was before the cashop dragons they recently implemented which give your crit stat a boost I think.

Having premium gave you lots of convenience stuff such as double entry to dungeons and double daily credits making you earn gold a lot faster. You could buy elite with ingame gold though and farming up to that amount of gold back then cost you like 1 week of dailies(without elite) and after you had elite it would only cost you around 3 days of dailies.

>People seriously dropping out because they may have ten extra ping in their tab-targeting MMO PVP

Why

>max ass slider
>it clips through everything
>while still being small
>tfw

Why would they drop out? The one server in SoCal thing is most likely only for beta.

BNS was the worst type of p2w, they preached about equalized ""esports"" arena, meanwhile in order to be equalized with anyone else you had to grind your ass in pve for offals and HM levels.

>mfw European
>mfw silky smooth gameplay while Americans get cucked with high ping

just once

We need more webms.

take two
r8 them lads

>yfw EU revog turns out to be ded and you have to run to NA

>I've posted my character enough in general
Which one was it?

Who is this cute boy!

Is this SS?

Eh guess I'll just play with normies then.
This seems like a game where good ping is really important especially in PVP

No, you didn't get anything better in bns than you could with grinding

There ain't any good normies on EU though. I myself going to try how ping treats my chosen class in pvp on NA and decide later

It's the time difference and the impact of having higher AP than someone else. You can either 1) spend months grinding for the best gear, or 2) swipe.

This only really matters in PvP though. The PvE is easy and fuck and keeps getting easier with each update, so it's not like you ever need to have the best gear.

>10 extra ping
Playing Tera with 50 ping in ny, went 2 states over to OH and played with 20ping on a shitty wifi. It was 30 ping difference and didn't even go that far.

When I played Dragon nest I got 160ish ping from cali to ny. After the first year of playing DN I gave up hoping for a closer server and quit to tera.

The only games where you got us beat are shooters but that ain't our fault since you train yours young in school.

It's a girl

wat

Hongmoon Gems

M-MASAKA!

I'm not sure where you're getting this from, Codex has plenty of worlds first over several mmorpgs and I'm pretty sure they're playing RevO as well.

some shitty school shooter joke I guess

sorry..............

I'd refrain from joining codex if I was you. Trust me you won't like it.

wheres the pvp tier list

No please, It's clearly a boy!

>wheres the pvp tier list
me>you

It's team pvp.

youtube.com/watch?v=KM3MzWYa_-Y

It's almost time

Tier 1: Me
Tier 2: My team
Tier 3: Your team
Tier 4: u

I've played with Codex in Tera and BnS and I know what you mean. There's usually your circlejerk of 15-20 people who only do stuff with each other and then there's the rest. You can't deny though that they completely tryhard at every game they play and if there's some sort of PvP guild ranking involved they're usually first.

Looking at the EU guilds rec forum on the forums I'm already seeing some popular names, Codex, Elysium, Monsters Inc, Ninkyo Dantai, Raidcore.. etc and if they're all really gunning for top spots then the first few months of Rev online PvP should be pretty fun.

I'm just going to go with some midcore normie guild if we don't get enough anons for our EU guild.

1vX
Tank
Blademaster
Healer
Necromancer
Gunner
Mage

This one.

>if there's some sort of PvP guild ranking involved they're usually first.
Not really, apart from one-two parties that has russians like lindely they suck in PvP. Good in PvE though.

it really is a girl, I'm sorry to get your hopes up
I was aiming for tomboy/reverse trap

this potato looks so fucking retarded

You did good job.

I got my hopes up for /SpiritShaper/ but meh.

I was gonna play occultist but after seeing that practically everyone wants to play that I'm gonna roll her as a spirit shaper instead. Kinda sucks though because I already got to try out occultist a good amount on CN.

Just play what you want. I'm sure a lot of them haven't played the game yet and probably won't stick with Occultist.

I've also probably posted my character too much.

I was pretty sure there was few "healers" going SS and few "wannabe healers" going Occ.

strawpoll.me/11561546

wanna get into my [Wedding Sack] kid?

cant wait

what an interesting game

Holy crap. Post more emotes!

>she pulls a hand away from her face
MUH

Someone needs to convert the rest of them from here: 2p.com/44270868_1/Chinese-Players-Can-Soon-Play-Kabe-Don-with-Others-in-Revelation-Online-by-cindyhio.htm

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

is this another mmo where melee shits on ranged

In 1v1 yeah basically.

is there an ETA for the time tommorrow?

this game isnt worth playing until they add sin to the NA version

3 pm CET, 10 am EST

It's literally in the OP.

do you know how swordmage and gunner fare outside of that?

no bully. ;_;

They're both ranged DPS.
Swordmage is harder to master though since you need to switch between your elements all the time.

Occ and SS do really well in 1v1 because of their healing.

>page 9
just wait 15 hours you fat fucks

but we're on page 1
?????????????????

cute!

can every class be a loli? can I be a loli with a big gun??

No class is race locked although some are still being worked on, right now loli gunner isn't available but it should be by the time we actually get the full NA release