/tesg/ - The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pBAlDPpgx5U
youtube.com/watch?v=8M56N0tD0lU
youtube.com/watch?v=lLuI6oAiI1A&list=PLA1RqXuO_HZ9AR5C1iq1mXidTDzlaHEJB
youtube.com/watch?v=1pOQrpvrNeM
youtube.com/watch?v=fUABNObqSPc
youtube.com/watch?v=z9MysTXM_P4
youtube.com/watch?v=BTrJa197dSk
youtube.com/watch?v=QoHpOJ3yZvM
youtube.com/watch?v=oVkatTa0D4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whatcha listening to tesg

Lore and lore, living in lore.

traffic outside my open window.

So I've decided my next character will be a female wood elf specializing in Archery, Sneak, Light Armor and Destruction. What should I name her (I'd like a name and cool nickname kinda like Aela the Huntress rather than just a name), what faction should I join and which questlines should I complete/ignore?

>unironically being a stealth archer

youtube.com/watch?v=pBAlDPpgx5U

Deona the Generic.

>tfw finding a new place 3000+ hours into this game
jesus fucking christ

I'mma kill it

Vladimir Putin.

Okay niggers, we've almost fixed Skyrim's combat. New dodge, new roll, attack commitment. Location-based damage. We're almost there.

youtube.com/watch?v=8M56N0tD0lU

However, this makes 1v1 combat trivial because of how simple an NPC's attack pattern is.

Are there any mods that make the attacks of NPCs more complex to block/parry/dodge, faster in general or attacking more than once, like a combo?

So how's Enderal?

Do any mods dealing with letting you have more followers or being able to tell them where to live and shit out for SSE?

I only like one or mayyybbee two followers at a time with me even on harder difficulties, but I fucking love having them all live in the houses I own so i can change out often. I really dug that one that let me make a guild too.

These recent threads are moving pretty fast nowadays.

Waifus, Lore, LE & SE, living in harmony.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLuI6oAiI1A&list=PLA1RqXuO_HZ9AR5C1iq1mXidTDzlaHEJB

Ultimate Combat

>Signe follower never ever
Why even mod Skyrim?

Summarize your character's story and concept in 10 lines of greentext or less.

>Drow Wizard stranded on Tamriel.

>Okay niggers, we've almost fixed Skyrim's combat.
We still have a long way to go.

EFF

>>out for SSE?
>EFF

Oh, thought it was. My bad.

I wish.

Version 3.5.5 apparently works

eff works with SSE? Does it let me tell the ones I dismiss where to go?

youtube.com/watch?v=1pOQrpvrNeM

Oh you separated them huh? I'm just playing it up as a nation deep underground for thousands of years, with some characters finding their way to the surface through chasms or caves made available as a result of red mountain eruption, and falmer ruins. I'm reaching, but its is fiction, and there are no attempts at lore friendliness here. How is your game setup?

>Dragonborn

/topic

>tfw

youtube.com/watch?v=fUABNObqSPc

>live a good nord life
>die
>your kids fuck it all up
>some asshole offers to bring your soul back to life as a skeleton
>do it so you can kick the shit out of your shitty kids and also fix things

Can someone give me one reason to not spec into two-handed hammers over two-handed swords?

It's your game do whatever you like.

There literally no mods for hammer.

>he's too lazy to set up hardlinks to trick MO2 into working for SE

Sure, here's one.

Once you level enchanting up a bit you will start one shotting things with a rusty bow and nerf arrows. plus swords swing the fastest

this is ok

You sir have good taste in black metal.

Can you behead a dude with a hammer?

Gimme the cute animal girls.

>parents killed by khajiit
>house razed to the ground
>taken briefly as a slave
>escape in the middle of the night
>adventure to skyrim to find the rumored father once spoken of by his mother

>Oldest sibling to Orc warchief but female so can't inherit
>Father also hates magic, shuns it
>Get annoyed and leave home, travel for years
>Shipwrecked in Skryim
>Don't have to hate magic now? Learn spells
>Become Battle-Shaman with Lightning and Wind focus
>Just want to explore, discover, enjoy Skyrim and barely care about the war
>Might go home and tell father he was wrong about magic after having fill of adventure in Skyrim

>nord merchantwoman
>alternate start mod
>got too drunk in a markarth tavern
>wondered out on the road
>attacked by forsworn
>survive just barely
>filled with bloodlust and take their gear
>running through the Reach killing forsworn while slowly becoming more like them

that's not black metal

>got caught trying to cross the border illegally
>wasn't on executioners list
>tried to execute me anyway
>dragon showed up and i ran away

youtube.com/watch?v=z9MysTXM_P4

youtube.com/watch?v=BTrJa197dSk

Anyone tried out the release of Interesting NPC's for SSE?

I rebuilt tangents and such in nifskope and it didn't change the look of the axe at all. Looking closer at it, like I probably should have, the textures also include a spec map and a cube reflection map (nissibeach) that I think from the picture, it's pretty clear it isn't reading. Problem is I don't remember how to get the engine to see those maps.

It's the Stalwart Axe, probably my favorite looking axe mod for the game. Model is well done, and the texturing, when it's not fucked up by an inept modder that's forgotten literally everything about nifskope and the creationkit, looks really good.

I want to be smothered in their boobs.

>be a banana
>part of some cool dude's bloodline
>hear weird sounding thunder on a stormy night
>the next day dad fucks off somewhere
>mother gets sick
>dies
>dad left you a sword
>hit the road in hopes of meeting your father and shoving the sword up his ass while crying tears of joy
>acidentially become dragonborn and save the world a couple times
>meet your father, shove the sword up his ass metaphorically

that's a pretty attractive Argonian you got there.

Sorry for oblivionposting but is Oblivion XP Update worthwhile? Or should I play with the vanilla experience system? It seems like a really slow grind for some reason and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I think my lizard is done, vanilla armor wise, for SSE.

How'd I do?

It's pretty slow, you can try the patch, see if it tickles your pickle

What was it called?

The left image has a cubemap applied, you can see it on the stem - and the right image has specular reflections on the rivets. I think the problem is your lack of experience.

arcwind point

though now I'm fighting a draugr deathlord and getting my butt kicked

well, I'd be real greatful if you could tell me how to get the game to read the cubemap. is it a new spot on the nifskope list, or is it something I need to go through the kit with?

Khajiit has wares if you have coin

>/tesg/ is finally starting to appreciate beast girls and making many waifus

It only took half a decades worth of generals.

fuzzboobs are best.

Thanks user.

>/tesg/ is finally starting to appreciate beast girls
Beast posters has always been here though.

Guys. So I was thinking. With the Aldmeri Dominion so far up the Empire's ass checking on everything they do, what if the Stormcloak rebellion was actually just a ploy by the Empire to amass resources in Skyrim for another round of war against the AD without raising suspicion.

Not to this degree, it used to be one, maybe two dudes surrounded by elf posters.

youtube.com/watch?v=QoHpOJ3yZvM
>was a humble gravekeeper in life
>gets killed by some jackass
>gets resurrected and enthralled by the jackass
>serves as a faithful servant for decades, until one day he gets redpilled about the thrall life
>plans to kill his master, hoping to crumble into ash, ending his torment
>kills his master but his body refuses to fall
>says "fuck it" and decides to start adventuring

So I made the mistake of making a character and investing in it before I found Custom Races. I want my character to use the assets alone. How annoying will it be to shift that character over from a vanilla race to a custom race? The preset is going to get fucked I imagine.

I don't terribly mind starting a new save, so that's not a problem, but I imagine it'll take a lot of fixing for the face?

There's me, Mord, Jo, Witchcat, and Snek that post beast race characters from time to time.

Heiko used to post fatcat and yeza but he plays as a lot of different characters. So far though, there is an increase of beast race posters but not as much as there was back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=oVkatTa0D4c
Huh, never heard of it either. Then again, everything will be new to me. I started that Aetherium quest on SSE, it's wonderful.
I suppose Aetherium are also the blue rocks that litter Blackreach?

>it's now been over a year since Prequel was last updated
Kazerad sucks desu

>Lore and lore, living in lore.
>posts his waifu and furry PC
La M OW

Post Skyrims

>A war so remote and costly they have to recruit locally in order to keep up with the casualties
It's a cool idea, but unlikely.

maybe, but it seems that aetherium is quite rare

it may be that what we see is some sort of ore, and a lot is needed to produce a single piece

as I understand the setrace command does some interesting things when used in showracemenu

experiment, google around, there's probably a way

Is that fluffycat? The one with the big fluffy black scarf thing? I always liked her.

Accidental reply.

I'm more worried about the preset getting fucked. I don't mind losing stats and all that. I'm just tired of cutting FPS because every female is running my 4k textures, and having every NPC use my body.

>fluffycat
Nig that's Hipcat. aka Kiseenaji.

>waifu
wow rood

I would remake my old beast characters but my chargen of choice doesn't support them. Shame really. I don't want to move for one or two characters.

I don't know names unfortunately. I barely pay attention and forget most character's names, even if they're more unique and interesting like many of the beast races.

>Letting your reanimated thralls skip leg day
Shitty Necromancer, desu.

Is there anything special I need to do to switch from the old stand alone OSex to the OSA plugin version besides uninstall/install and rerun FNIS? It's been a while, but I thought there used to be something on the OSex page about problems uninstalling/reinstalling on the same save and having to start a new one or having to go back to a save before it was installed.

>generic sneaky archer
>hunter/ranger archetype
>was on board with a caravan in Cyrodiil when disaster struck
>the UDERYFYKERET kills most everyone
>severly injures character
>wound up in SKOYRIM
Plus points for being originally from Valenwood and learning the arts of war from the warriors of old and for somehow still follows the Green Pact because I found a neat article on Green Pact alchemy.
Still became a werewolf though, because fuck y'frr lmao

well, sorry to tell you bud, but the number of people rendering a texture doesn't effect the amount of VRAM used by the texture

I agree. Digs is still a newb at necromancy.

I don't know if that's true. One actor using a 4k texture can't be as resource heavy as 10 actors using it.

is there no unpb for sse or

>nexus is down again

im really glad i don't pay for that shit, i would be so mad.

using the old replacer and it works fine. just don't install any jiggly shit. core files only

In all fairness they're getting a fuckton of traffic and everyone is trying to mod their Skyrim 2 Electric Overused Meme

>Digs
Digs-a-Hole? Digs-Up-Bodies?
Digs-Fat-Chicks?

Did you install that FAR texture?

how about the old clothes and armors, are they working or need to be converted?

I wish they were. It would be interesting to see you make a beast character.

It's k user. I kinda forced myself to memorize character names. Hardest one to spell was Witchcat's real name, which is Tsajasuna.

I'm looking through the links in op, but I'm curious.

For those that have all the werewolf and vampire shit, is there a way to have an option of being werewolf, werebear, and vampire lord at the same time? I know in vanilla, you lose the ability to become a vampire if you go werewolf, and you are forced into vampirism and lose werewolf form if you side with the vampires. Other than Hircine's Ring, is there a way to have all transformations available without using the console?