Twingo question

Do the clear headlights fit onto the earlier models without modding?
I reckt one of mine and only got some clear ones for free.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoplenum.de/auto/renault/twingo/test-renault-twingo-1-2-1998-2000-id11532
lecoq-carrosserie.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=13&name=twingo&Itemid=284
youtube.com/watch?v=ibJbDYf0SHI&index=8&list=WL
youtube.com/watch?v=2S-Niz214oA
youtube.com/watch?v=GdbNLaAsWRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A friend of mine had this exact same problem. I could get him some clear headlights for free too. As I recall they fit without any problems but the ones i got were aftermarklet though.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Companies usually change as few things as possible for facelifts. In your case, a single-piece headlight was probably cheaper to install than the two-piece it replaced. Using a slightly different mounting system would mean they would have to retool the front end, which would greatly increase the cost.

ok, time to shamelessly post twingos up in this bitch

cherry smuggo

butts

even more butts

so, is it established that the Miata is officially Murrica's Twingo?

Anyone knows how much storage space the Twingo has in liters with backseats folded?

There is no American Twingo because there is no small car traditions there.

max 1096 liters
autoplenum.de/auto/renault/twingo/test-renault-twingo-1-2-1998-2000-id11532

>dude reviews a Twingo a friend of him drove 5 years ago
>gives it 2/5 rating while writing "a good companion, reliable and brings you from a to b"

Why can't people just shut the fuck up when they have nothing to contribute?

Daaymn. And I even was a bit worried (I'm planning to buy one and work as a delivery boy after I get my license).

I regularly see Twingos used as delivery sluts for pizza delivery and smaller parcel stuff so you should be fine.

They usually use the Matiz for that where I live. I don't really like it for some reason though, it just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's 4 doors.

Well Matiz went from being an even cheaper alternative to a Twingo straigh to "the car for those who have completely given up" or have other severe problems

>scrolling Veeky Forums
>suddenly see my car as OP's pic of a thread

feels good, man

to answer your question yes they fit without modding anything. it's not the case for the rear lights however in case you also want to change those in the future you'll have to fuck with the wiring a bit.

fuck yes, great to see you're still around buddy.

Banana dials
A
N
A
N
A

D
I
A
L
S

8WD

can confirm. pizza delivery place near where i live only buys early 1993-1995 twingos. and they run them into the ground (or straight up crash them). one of them finished on its roof recently and it made the papers and everyone complained about the pizzerias twingis driving around way too fast all the time

Awesome. Truly, 3-door hatch is the best body type.

>Truly, 3-door hatch is the best body type.
in practicality? probably yes... personally I can't decide what I like more, sedan or hatch cars but hatch truly is an universally awesome type.

THAT FUCKING COLOR

EVERY FUCKING TIME HNNNNNGGHHHH

Is that an Veeky Forums meetup? kek

nope, some other twingofreaks. there are some fangroups scattered all around yurop

Banana dials are the reason I'd go for a post-facelift model. That and the safety improvements.

Is it not possible to retrofit banana dials?

Oh and nice quads

It probably is, but it'd there's barely any difference in price between pre-facelift and post-facelift models and a bit more safety equipment is nice to have in a car this small.

That's completely true of course.

>tfw never cared about them

>tfw had lots of fun in this kind of threads
>tfw suddenly enjoy seeing them in RL now

Anyone else experiencing something similar?
I wouldn't say I'd get one but I actually understand their appeal now and it kinda brightens up my mood when I see one every now and then.

>850kg

questionable styling

wat

Only small number got imported into my country but I really enjoy seeing them from time to time. I literally smile when I see that smug front end.

>literally my face when I see a first gen twingo

where you from?
I'm so french sister a gf got one each

Right, seeing a rare Twingo always puts a smile on my face.

Is the Galaxy Twingo the rarest?

I just meant the they're rare where I live.

>tfw you'll never see a twango outside these threads

feels kinda odd to read this since I only have to take a peek out of my window and I see two of them.

but then again if you're a burger you have the pleasure of hearing big V8s several times a day in traffic while here it's mostly inline 4 cancer everywhere.
plus way lower gas prices.

200 ever produced according to wikipedia, never seen one in my life (maybe that's a german edition only tho)

newfag here, can someone explain to me the obsession with twingos?

>looks cute (unlike modern cars)
>eternally reliable and mechanically simplistic
>glass/soft roof
>rigid galvanized frame
>can fold backseats for storage space or all seats for sleeping space

Same.
Without fail, always brightens my day up.

dun
dun
dun
dunnnn

Eyelashes are not that uncommon.

AFAIK the Twingo Lecoq is the rarest. there were only 50 made, and only 3 or 4 are known to still exist. it came in a special color scheme and with special wheels inspired by bugatti. the interior was retrimmed entirely with wood and leather.

they already sell for 10's of thousands at auction, so if you ever find one in the wild, buy it.

more pics here:

lecoq-carrosserie.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=13&name=twingo&Itemid=284

>Lecoq

looks fresh yo.

the leather interior certainly is something

I don't know why but I've never seen a Twingo in that orange in person and I've seen MANY in my time.
Was that a special paintjob for some commune job?

Yeah, it was a fleet car iirc.

That orange should have been some official color. I think it looks fucking great on it.

that color was never for sale to the general public. it was made for the french highway maintenance company.

It's slightly upsetting that a good paintjob on a Twingo would probably cost more than the car itself.

I think it's slightly concerning that you can get a real driving condition one for the price of a toy model

too bad orange ones never had coloured bumpers or sunroof

lolwut

Chile. Only first gen Twingos here.

>the new Twingo is rear-engine rear wheel drive
>there will be a Renault Sport version

>there will be a Renault Sport version
rather not, but still it's way more fun that other shitboxes in it's class could offer
youtube.com/watch?v=ibJbDYf0SHI&index=8&list=WL

Sounds way better than lazy 4 cylinders.
I'm ready for the new 3 cylinder overlords.

>tfw you saw Twingos everyday before you got the Twingo love
>Now don't see them at all

Actually I kind of really like this sound

youtube.com/watch?v=2S-Niz214oA

youtube.com/watch?v=GdbNLaAsWRQ

yeah, they're massively on the way out.