/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: The sweetest NEET that can't be beat edition

NEWS
>P5 Translations: p5anon.imgur.com/
>Trophies imgur.com/a/AwlYV
>Full Soundtrack mega.nz/#!SkhyDCDb!qlwAxLlyc1dNkBek3cJtT12Hf_oBXOaIm71Y9Vompy0I
>Locations/Dungeons/Misc imgur.com/a/FEkpW
>Voice files: mega.nz/#!qcsmTQBR!eDpNzWytu6JQ1BYBoO79dhboXzdbZgz3T95jKlXX5U4
>Portraits mega.nz/#!R0EzxIyb!WRA_4wI_4nOuZzrjbTeW8mo9LdfFn5Cx4y0HzYS8MG4
>Futaba is trash
>Other Images mega.nz/#!VlF1VAyA!KSzFsKg2r3Q_Drv6fSjP5kl-SuRUI_bAHzs8z_IjzWU
>The Soundtrack can be found at domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150303511502/p5-ost-unzip-pw-sharebymamoru-updated
>P5A: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3: Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Persona 5 released in Japan; February 14th in North America and Europe + PAL regions
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016
>P5's English Cast personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>P5: The Aesthetics Artbook
mega.nz/#!BBR2BYoQ!zRI40J_hA7QzqnuUX_zcHbd7Uf36Me5sngLBFzwPEQY

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Q49sr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Just so you know, you forgot to un-vandalize it

Is that photo of Sangenchaya?

CANON!

I want to bully Futaba!

ONE

>op is a futabafag
>forgot to remove the futaba is trash line

Phantom driving a Subaru in Sumaru City!

>Such eros!

Is this the cast of Persona 6?

Phantom driving a Subaru with Umaru in Sumaru City!

Probably Yukifags.

I didn't want Goro to be a 'good boy' per say, I just wanted him to be a fairly decent written character and not the fucking traitor. I definitely didn't get one of those.

that'll seriously be the cast of SMTV at the rate they're going

Cute NEET

please don't remind me

user go back to your skating thread.

>tfw we will never get skating Goro

But wouldn't he have been a good boy if he wasn't the traitor

LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT JUST DAMN LISTEN YOU CUNT I AM YOUR HELL .YOU GOD FUCKER LISTEN BITCH I AM GOING TO FUCKING JUMP THROUGH THIS GOD DAMN SCREEN AND TACKLE YOUR ASS INTO THE FLOOR BEATING YOUR ASS LIKE FUCKING CRAZY AND THEN FUCKING KICK YOUR ASS A FUCKING ROUND EVERY FUCKING CORNER UNTIL YOUR ASS BLEEDS LIKE FUCKING HELL YOU FUCKING CUNT ASS BITCH .I AM NOT DONE WITH YOU YOU LITTLE CUNT I WILL FUCKING GET A FUCKING IRON BAT AND WHACK YOUR SORRY UGLY INTERNET WARRIOR AND INTERNET PUSSY ASS ALL OVER THE FUCKING DAMN PLACE YOU GOD DAMNED MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT AND THEN I WILL KEEP SWINGING AT YOUR DAMN BITCH ASS CUNT ASS SELF UNTIL YOU SWELL LIKE A GROUP OF FUCKING RED BUBBLES YOU BITCH I WILL MAKE SURE YOU BLEED HELL YOU DAMN CUNT BITCH.I AM NOT DONE STILL YOU BITCH ASS,I WILL HANG YOUR SWOLLEN RED ASS AND BEAT YOUR FUCKING ASS WITH TWO BASEBALL BATS VIOLENT AND AGGRESSIVELY YOU BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKER SHIT BITCH AND THEN I WILL STAB A FUCKING KATANA STRAIGHT UP YOUR FUCKING ASS AND THEN FUCKING SILCE YOU LIKE CRAZY UNTIL YOU FUCKING CRY AND SCREAM AT THE DAMN TIME.I WILL GIVE YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL PAIN AND MAKE YOU FUCKING SUFFER YOU DAMN PIECE OF MOTHERFUCKING SHIT BAG.AFTER THEY I WILL LIGHT SOME BULLETS IN YOU YOU CUNT ,GRENADE YOUR PLACE ,AND BLAST YOU WITH A SHOTGUN YOU SHIT BAG.I WILL FUCKING LIGHT YOU UP WITH BULLETS,GRENADE YOUR FUCKING PLACE,AND THEN TIE YOU DOWN,KICK YOU INTO THE AIR AND PULL MY BIG ASS MINIGUN AND LIGHT A HELL STORM OF FUCKING BIG ASS BULLETS IN YOUR DAMN SORRY ASS YOU INTERNET SHIT.I GIVE YOU MY WORD ,BUT I AM STILL NOT DONE.I WILL FUCKING PISS ALL OVER YOUR CORPSE AND CELEBRATE AND THEN SEND YOU INTO LAVA AND MELT YOU YOU CUNT,I WILL GIVE JESUS AND SATAN A MESSAGE TO REVIVE YOU SO I CAN DO THIS AGAIN,WHEN YOU DIE A SECOND TIME,I WILL NOTIFY SATAN TO GIVE FOUR TIMES WORSE DAMAGE AND SUFFERING.I WILL MAKE HIM CUT GOUR ASS UP AND BURY YOU IN ANTS. I HOPE U GET HELL FOR THE REST OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE

What would his Persona be?

Haven't played any real Shin Megami Tensei game since Strange Journey back in 2010, what happened afterwards?

Helel

I don't know why but i'm still upset Goro isn't included in the credits. I understand why, but still.

Honestly if he wasn't the traitor and didn't have his dark backstory he would have been pretty fucking boring, and literally just Naoto-2.

Granted they could have stretched the story to let us keep him and try to redeem himself rather than info dumping his dark backstory then killing him off and never speaking of him again.

But no, Goro played straight would likely be lame.

Goro is fairly well written, most characters in P5 are. But of course it's up to personal interpretation.

They tried to turn it into Persona 4 while jamming in as many SMT2 references as they could manage

It would be cool if his codename was Raven.

Pancreatic Cancer

The other user pretty much nailed it. It feels like they were ordered to appeal to the P4 audience, and they thought that shoving in a bunch of SMT2 references would be enough to satisfy proper SMT fans. It wasn't.
Game also had some fucking stupid gameplay changes and is easy as shit.

I'm not convinced Atlus is incapable of stretching his story. They know perfectly well fans will want more and they're holding it back for future DLC or upgraded versions.

I delight in knowing that some manchild is going to try to make these threads as bad at autism emblem general with completely juvenile shit like vandalizing OP posts in addition to his normal waifu wars and miscellaneous shitposting.

Just kidding, I don't actually delight in that. It's more depressing that basket cases like him are kept alive just to suffer.

Which ship is better, Anne x Mc or Anne x Ryuji?

Would you like a rabbit mascot character?

It's just annoying how he's treated as a party member (boxart, PS4 theme, costumes) half of the time, and on the other hand he's treated as an outsider (not in credits, not a regular co-op, constantly hidden, etc)

I mean go all out or don't go at all.

Is this agreeable? In terms of best MUSIC

Persona 5 > Persona 3 > Persona 4 > Persona 1 > Persona 2

I really have to admit, I fucking hated P5's soundtrack at first but it really gets to you after a while.

>fairly well written
>implying Atlus USA won't just change Futaba's dialogue to a bunch of memes, make Ryuji autistic, make Haru retarded, and have Goro literally be Adachi 2.0

Honestly, speaking as someone who romanced Anne, AnnexRyuji. They've got the best chemistry, a long friendship, and the game pretty much ships them anyway.

Anne x Ryuji, just give the monkey a banana for the sake of calm him down.

That's Treehouse, not Atlus USA.

P5 = P3 > P2 > P1 = P4

All while demanding respect for shitting out a product and not including industry standards like dual audio

Anne with Joker is at least the dev favorite, they put more work into those two than they did with any other pairing in the game

>have Goro literally be Adachi 2.0
That wouldn't be a change.

Isn't Futaba already a rabbit mascot character?

I would put P2 higher than that. For me,
P5 > P2 > P4 = P3 > P1
I loved P5's soundtrack from the getgo, and just cannot fucking stop listening to it.

He really looks like a cuck. Jesus christ

>P2 last

Shit taste

>Raven
>Crow
>Both traitors
>Both have a facade personality and a true personality
>Both personalities have a completely different appearance

Of course. Persona 6 theme will other world fantasy. All of the persona will be based on fairy tales characters.

Well I meant as it was. The reason people were mad wasn't because Goro was the traitor but because you don't get to keep him as a result. If he rejoined afterwards people probably wouldn't care that much.

Honestly I was expecting the traitor to be forgeven and rejoin before the game came out. Which might sound unreasoable but maybe Tales of games have just lightened me to betrayal because there's been a traitor in almost every game since the 2nd and with the exception of the very first one they've always ended up coming back, or at least you have the option to bring them back. With one of the most recent ones Xillia, having the same guy betray you and come back so many times in one game it seems like it's paraodying itself after awhile.

Other than Haru and Chihaya, there is anyone else that confess to you even if you friendzone them?

We've been through this. Goro is not Adachi 2.0

I cri lik everytime

Personal preference but I absolutely hated P4 track, outside of few battle theme and Heaven

P2 has some really good songs, but there's like 5 of them across both games and almost all of them belong to Philemon
so I would go
P5 > P3 > P2 > P4 > P1

There's what Anne says that prompts Joker to molest her I guess

Yes, Goro.

It's funny that Apocalypse is more Persona like than SMT, while Persona 5 is more SMT than Persona.

yeah this bothers me a lot as well. It really is like they can't make up their mind on what he is

I still feel like he should have been in the credits. He's on the title screen, even.

Morgana

More like Morgana exposes him.

P4 just has a really catchy soundtrack whether it's insanely cheesy or not.

Most of the stuff is uplifting or upbeat shit you can listen to casually.

>Apocalypse has Gold Face and is more than half a P4 simulator
>P5 has a perfume bottle and did a better job of traumatizing the fanbase

>tfw you will never a sensei

>Fairy tales characters as Persona

That would be interesting. Color theme is green I guess?

Everyones had that sensei though. She deserves to be in jail.

I doubt it will be meme infested. It'll have some questionable "Snrk" and "Homeslice went bananacakes" shit at most.
I fear it will simply be bad translation. The dialogue in the trailers is awful, and comparable to the shitty PV04 translation back at E3, that we all shrugged off as a rush job, but might be a much more accurate representation of the TL quality than we though.
>The moment we cross over, we'll treat each other like Phantom Thieves!
>Are you really a bad person as the rumors say?
>We're gonna change the hearts of all the bastards like you!
These all sound like direct translations with no thought put into whether they sound natural in english, which for a dub-only game is fucking stupid.

Honestly, if Goro appeared in the credits that would be really bittersweet. I already cried a little bit the whole time the ending song is playing, don't do this to my poor heart.

>P5 localization
>horrible font
>nobody can pronounce names right, voices are all over the place, English Morgana is literally Fuuka 2.0
>really awkward localization so far, much more of a direct translation than previous games that results in stilted and awkwardly worded English

>P3 and 4 localization
>headed by a man
>P5 localization
>headed by a woman

How come the bad guys must always be punished? Why couldn't Goro have escaped and be on the run, and stay an antagonist until the very end? I'd rather have a true antagonist destined to be a rival of the PT forever instead of this sacrifice bullshit they pulled

imgur.com/a/Q49sr

neko

>Oberon gets a redesign and becomes MC's persona.

I want this

Another good idea for P6 would be a canon female protagonist!!!!

Like how they did in DRV3!

P3 and P4's localization is far from perfect. I'm not sure why people keep enforcing the meme that it is.
Atlus translations are at best average, and at worst god awful. They're not a consistent or high quality localization team at all.

I think Altus is still gauging the fan reaction to this character. They're holding back because they're not sure if this morally questionable but sympathetic character would gain liking from the fan base. As it stands Goro is very polarizing, he manages to be very popular but also very much hated for the same reasons.

And on the inner boxart. And on the startup screen. And he gets a profile entry in the electronic manual (which only the party members get). And the story summary after his sacrifice-suicide is worded more like he just made a promise with the PT to reform Shidou after they beat him (and doesn't mention the confrontation with the cognitive version of himself at all).

Yet he's also being left out for all the merchandising so far, aside from the system themes.

Atlus really needs to make up their mind about him.

I wouldn't really call Oberon a fairy tale character.

Oberon belong to the autist Emperor Arcana duh.

The box art, manual, and title screen are likely all handled by the dev team. The merchandise certainly isn't. It's not that big of a shock there's a discrepancy.

The localization of P3 and 4 are fine. Stop damage controlling for how horrendous P5's localization is looking, it almost feels like a different studio doing it. The head of localization didn't even know anything about the game at E3, she just acted like an air-headed whore like Rise.

>Joker saved Xmas thanks to Satan.

*Satanael

>P4 simulator
What?

*Lucifer

She's their translator, not the head of localization.
And of course she didn't know anything, they almost certainly hadn't started it back then.
I'm not defending P5's localization at all, I posted and think it looks awful, but P3/4's localizations are still far from great.

Which ship is better, AnnexJoker or MakotoxJoker?

Yeah. I'm thinking making Peter Pan of the Magician Arcana and Cinderella of the Lovers Arcana. Snow White is either High Priestess or the Empress. Any ideas for other party members starting Persona?

Makoto

They're still acceptable though, I'm not saying they're amazing or landmarks in localization, but they're fine. P5's is not fine so far, nearly every single line from the trailers has been Beauty Thief-tier nonsense or phrases that sound more bizarre the more you say them out loud. The downgrade feels as bad as going from MGS1 to MGS4's localization quality.

What do you guys want from P6? Me personally:
>better stealth
>longer then a year w/ no timeskips
>play as other party members in dungeons outside of battle
>FeMC if possible
>If you're gonna kill off a character, at least make it a character we weren't expecting, imagine the shitstorm if Ryuji actually died on the cruise
>christmas cake party member

Anne x Makoto
Joker x Yu

YouxMe

I want multiple endings. Not just a good/bad ending. Like I want choices

>If you're gonna kill off a character, at least make it a character we weren't expecting
Fuck people like you.
Killing off a character for shock value is fucking awful writing.

Both are shit

Suck a mah toe

Are you really the type of bad person as the rumors do say?

B8 harder. Yu Namba (head director) actually came back to direct P5's localization again after many years since vanilla P3/4. The female you're talking about is just the translator.

>implying Ryuji getting blown up with the ship only to come back 2 minutes later and everybody acts like nothing ever happened afterwards isn't shitty writing