/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55 (Kernel), super slims can use a ODE chip

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-taiHENKaku released, framework for creation of a full Vita CFW. yifan.lu/2016/11/01/taihen-cfw-framework-for-ps-vita/

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PCBrown/status/793933537867022336
github.com/MasQchips/AocPatcher/releases/tag/0.1b
vegaroxas.github.io/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aks3d/112_downgrade_using_steelhax_is_being_restructured/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ACNL SAVE EDITOR UPDATE WHEN

I'm on 11.2 with CFW, how do I do steelhax? Followed the guide up to this point and now can't get a clear cut answer on how to do it despite everything saying i'm able to.

>n3ds
maybe before but now it takes like 30 mins

>hard to hack ps3 and n3ds
>deleted
Retard and pussy.

>12.0 is released
>it checks for arm9loader.bin on SD
>if found, changes it to Nintendo's own file
>removes AL9H loader on boot
>updates FIRM partition
>brand new 12.0 sysNAND

About to finish installing a9lh. Currently backing up my whole SD card after injecting my old emuNAND into patched sysNAND, does the Nintendo 3DS folder with the 32-character string folders inside have any of my save data in it? It's 21GB, and at my SD card's speed, that's going to take literally all night to transfer.

But they need to be competent first.

I deleted the post because another user replied to me in the other thread

>update a9lh to change the file name of the payload to arm9loader1.bin
>issue fixed

It has all your game data, delete that and it's bye bye games

How do I ftp in windows explorer?
I get this

Does the new update for AC:NL just not work with emunand or something?

Trying to debug an issue for my brother over the phone since he just got the update from the shop and now can't get the game to play.

>updating blindly
at worst case you could just hardmod it and go back to an older firmware backup

Well I know that, but a lot of that shit I haven't touched in ages. But if, say, I have 100 hours in Hyrule Warriors Legends, and I choose not to transfer that folder over, would I lose my save for it as well or could I just reinstall the cia and get right back into it later?

Remove the retard

any wothwhile homebrew besides the ususal piracy stuff and installers for 3ds?
it feels like homebrew development on 3ds is focused on hacking the device and piracy.
the psp had great homebrew stuff.

Not the other user, but which FTP cia is best now?

i can still see your ip address. im hacking you now. prepare your bunghole, i'm making my way into your playcoin.dat

Mostly just save managers

it feels pathetic to me. the one thing i am aching for is a good mp3 player. i've resorted to moonshell on a nds flash cart. i never intoed moonshell before because i always used to use my psp phat, but it really is amazing.

you can't hack me I have norton

Works, but the new version introduced a new crypto and latest games checks for it.

FIRM partition is updated, you can't restore an old backup.

The funniest part is that you think this will actually happen.

norton can't save your playcoins now, user

FTPDB

I don't, we are talking about Nintendo .

>cause a few dozen people with a9lh to have to hardmod or wait for new hax
>perma bricks thousands of legit customers in the process by fucking up writing to FIRM partition
>all the kotakus pick up the story of Nintendo being cunts and doing crazy shit to combat CFW
>btw everyone reading this story, did you know you could install CFW and get FREE GAMES

It would be a PR nightmare, it's the same reason they don't bother tracking what people are pulling from their servers or playing online and banning over that. They easy could just watch for shit like people updating eShop exclusives they never bought, but they don't. It wouldn't work after the first day and it would make them look bad.

Already exists?

Tell me.
Do you read?

Time to start using Luma, RxTools user

>anyone in Veeky Forums
>reading

go help them document the newest savefile format if you want it so bad

Did you say something?

>you will

>cause a few dozen people with a9lh to have to hardmod or wait for new hax
FIRM partition is updated, offsets changed, so no backups.
>perma bricks thousands of legit customers in the process by fucking up writing to FIRM partition
legit consumers don't have arm9loader.bin
>all the kotakus pick up the story of Nintendo being cunts and doing crazy shit to combat CFW
No crazy shit going on
>btw everyone reading this story, did you know you could install CFW and get FREE GAMES
They are already on the latest version, no exploits.

Its just RxTools causing it? Thank god. I can switch him over to Luma real quick at least until I have time for a9lh. Thank you!

I like to look at shitty 2010 notepad youtube guides myself with links and titles highlighted.

Is it possible to update a physical copy of a game through the freeShop once it's available?

Yeah, it is! Switching to Luma is super simple/quick to switch to (but yeah definitely upgrade them to a9lh if you get the chance)

Because false positives and mistakes never happen, right Gateway?

Nintendo doesn't need to resort to exploits to change firmware shit, they can't fuck this up.

I'm going to install a9lh, but before I do, I see that my sd card is labeled as EMUNAND9SD. I don't know if emunand9 formatted it in a way in which I should re format the card before installing a9lh or not. What do you think, /hbg/? Should I reformat the card before installing?

Just thought of something. Is it possible to pirate DLC for a game I own the cart of?

Nintendo is not Gateway. Those fags intentionally tried to brick shit.

don't worry about it follow the guide

Not quite sure what you're talking about.

Any game that didn't get an eShop release can't be downloaded through freeShop.

Holy shit, Killzone is fucking awful.
Why did people say this was good? FPS for portable consoles was a fucking mistake.

I sure love speculating over imaginary make-believe shit too. Must be nice to be underage.

>FPS
>not shit by default

?

(You)

FPS for consoles was a mistake
Aiming with analog sticks will never be fun

>use ftp with firefox
>only the main sd card is there
>can't find flashcart sd to edit
Can filezilla fix this?

I love a9lh!

FPS plays like shit on anything that isn't a mouse and a keyboard.

If a lot of people liked it, the problem is probably with you.

I love emuNAND!

Well that explains why the only good Halo was Custom Edition.

I love kickass homebrew!

I love the feeling of being cummed inside.

oh fuck, a weeb

How does the Amiiqo work with the Old 3DS XL?
One website says that I need an "extenal converter", but doesn't say what it is
Is it just talking about the amiibo reader?

Does the US hyrule wariors dlc work on the wii u EU version via redNAND? EU version has no title key on the key site.

>implying weebs aren't eternal virgins

I love smealum!

What are you watching while you are waiting for Sun/Moon to be playable?

>Full House.

Nope

the a9lh guide says to delete some extra data in a folder with 32 characters but i have two of those, which one do i go into? they both have the folder i need to delete
the top one has less folders, if that helps

Are there even any games that didn't get eShop releases?

Friendly reminder that Cakes is the only good /hbg/ approved firmware. Rei and Roxas fags can go fuck themselves.

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released.

Can anything be done with this yet?

>FTPDB
Recently got a New 3DS and it's awful having to unscrew that shit to put games (mostly translations/patched roms that aren't on the freeshop)

The Github page says there's a QRCode for the FTPDB Cia but when i use the camera and go to the website, it says it failed to load the file.

>watching

tons if you like shitty educational games

KH3D and Chibi Robo Zip Lash didn't. I had to get CIAs for those when I made my collection into digital.

Can we get coldboot next?

The QR code should be scanned with FBI. If you're trying to use the default 3DS camera, shit won't work.

twitter.com/PCBrown/status/793933537867022336
>Unless you want to desolder flash memory from the motherboard, looks like it's impossible to add new games to NES Classic.

RIP

>le portal firmware
simply epic fellow redditor

First release of AOC Patcher
github.com/MasQchips/AocPatcher/releases/tag/0.1b

Go to the one with less folders. I was having this issue on the last thread.

Wait, I never though about that

I've no real idea how games are updated on the 3DS. I have a physical copy of ACNL and want to update it once it's available on the freeShop.

I was wondering if this was possible. I don't know if updates are done to the physical game itself or if it just downloads some files onto the 3DS.

thanks

>taiHENKaku

Zoom in on that processor, motherfucker.

I'm not expecting it, but if I see CTR anywhere, I'm going to laugh so fucking hard.

Is that some shitty ARM cpu and not a Z80? baka

In the guide for moving my EmuNAND it tells me to back it up to NAND_emu.bin, but the closest thing to that it lets me back it up to is NANDmin_emu.bin. Does it really matter what name it's given? If so, what did I do wrong?

anyone? I tried following this and it did nothing
vegaroxas.github.io/

A Z80 can't run Virtual Console

>implying imperialist:"the multiplayer" wasn't the shit

Looks like Frankie Muniz.

Z80 was in the sega master system, not the nes

>tfw it's a New 3DS SoC

>once it's available on the freeShop
ACNL is already available on the freeShop. The updates that are available through freeShop are only for titles installed to your system. I don't believe it'll be able to get updates for physical games.

Why can't you just get the updates normally?

steelhax doesn't work on 11.2

I want to rub his legs and make him my slut

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aks3d/112_downgrade_using_steelhax_is_being_restructured/
>11.2.0-35 users use the 11.1.0-34 otherapp payload

Nah, it's smealum