/rsg/ - Runescape General

special edition™

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/treasure-hunter--celebration-of-fire

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,589,65846929

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide (Very outdated)
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

>Latest BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=zkHs0gy75oU

Other urls found in this thread:

services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?45,46,143,65706540
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?45,46,177,65676443
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for dungeoneering is a bad minigame and should not be a skill

second for FIREMAKING IS NOT A SKILL

2 good

Best pet tho

>/rsg/ - Runescape General

Where is Alice?

>watch the BTS
>More pvp bullshit
Why can't Jagex just admit the wilderness was a mistake and make a quest to fix it pre zam destruction mode.

treasure hunter

It cracks me up that people genuinely want to engage in PVP in fucking Runescape of all video games. It's sooo terrible. Loving every laugh, pvpfags

o-oh

Is there a new Runecrafting skilling outfit coming out around supposedly the 14th? I know the TH outfit is coming to the Thaler shop, but I heard that you shouldn't bother getting that because there is a Runecrafting outfit coming Soon™

yes
it's not a new one, it's just the TH one available through skilling but we don't know how it will be obtainable

>available through skilling
Thats at least some good news to hear. As long as I dont have to do spotlight or buy bonds for it
Ill have to put off 99 Rc until it comes out then

>EOCfags can't admit PVM is cancer
>OSfags can't admit PVP is cancer
>RSCfags are bots
Pottery.

Game:

Jagex makes so you have 2 ring slots, but you can't equip 2 of the same ring

how bad is it?

>Surgeon + Vigor
Gives me an extra backpack slot but it sounds stupid and wouldn't break anything in the game

Come to think of it, there should be a fuckton of ring slots. It's not like a person can only wear one ring per finger.

you could probably wear about 2-3 rings per finger, so roughly 25 rings total.
after surgeon, vigour, hydrix and RoW I'm out of ideas of what to wear.
Maybe the DKs rings

Chloranthy erry day

How good are defenders now? I just now realized they released t70/80/90 defenders a while back.

People will farm the bosses just to have them. Haven't heard of anyone but ironmen actually using them yet though.

i believe you're in the wrong general senpai

They're great because they have a small (like 8%?) chance of reducing damage by half, or completely nullifying it, and when you do proc the parry chance, it increases your next attack's chance to hit by 20%. However, it's not worth the gamble in most bosses where you can get hit for 3000+ regularly without a shield.
If you're intent on using one, higher tiers don't increase the chance of parrying, so there's no point in going past dragon.

The accuracy increase isn't good enough to warrant using one over your normal off-hand weapon or shield. They can parry damage but it's only at such a minuscule chance that isn't even worth considering. For some reason, the barrows/ancient/drygore defenders don't increase parry chance or the accuracy bonus.

They'll probs get a rework by 2018.

I just couldn't resist making a really dumb joke.

fair enough
i enjoyed it
also spock > data

>spock > data
reeeeeeeeee

although I have to admit that picard is indeed better than kirk by so many levels

Def.

>rain

fuck

>runescape will never have weather patterns that move across the map

>never
too much time

rain is comfy

>get 4 jade statues
>7 days in a row now with 0 plate voyages and 3 days in a row now with 0 resource voyages
Fuck this game is so stupid, I'm literally never going to be able to get tetsu.

Is it worth investing in a divine spirit shield? Or spirit shields in general. 30% damage reduction seems pretty fucking good, although there's likely some kind of special condition attached.

why do you want tetsu?

no

because it's the best gear I can get and I'm not rich.

bandos is better than tetsu and it's dirty cheap

which of you is trying to scam some nerd out of his neetbux?

>bandos is better than tetsu
no it's not. why bother lying to me

He's right.
Tank armor is always fundamentally useless.

tank armor is useless

Reduces damage by 30%, but a chunk of the original hit before reductions is pulled out of your prayer. Sounds good? Wait til you're tanking Nex and losing 200+ prayer points per big hit. Sure you can chug prayer pots, but you're better off just using the chaotic kiteshield since you're going to need those prayer pots for curses.

refund me

please stop being stupid

real fucking nice. I come back to this game after years and you dickheads tell me to start ports asap so I can get one of the best gear for free. now that I'm so close to getting it you all tell me its fucking useless
literally jump off a cliff idiots

You start ports as a free source of money, and for scrimshaws.
whoever told you that it was good for gear was a retard

you make tetsu to profit by selling it to idiots who think it's good, not to use it

You could always use ports armor for pking fags during Warbands or at wisps

Buying crystal keys for corrupt ore?
I been told that you normally break even or lose little cash on opening chests. The only pain is buying the keys with its limit

just mine corrupt ore?

99 mining.

just mine corrupt ore?

Wait, did mining get update to 120 now?

No, but it's not like anything is stopping you from mining the ore.

They're shit. 2h or dual wielding is far more damage, and anywhere you actually need to tank you're better off with a shield for bigger resonances, longer barricades, longer debilitates and more armor.

>t90 magic defender requires 150m orb to get
>not even fucking tradable

Another Jamflex fuck up.

>at dank beasts
>get dark bow drop
>get dragon helm drop not even a minute after
who /minimoney/ here

What tasks should I prefer at 90+ slayer for the best xp and/or money?

Dark Beasts, Airut and Strykewyrms from the top of my head.

Spiritual Mages are also some good money at around 1-2 mil hour depending on clear speed and luck.

back to r/runescape

What do you value your time at (in gp/hour) and do you value combat xp as well or only slayer xp?

PvPshitters are universally hated for being retarded and not knowing anything about game design, shooting themselves in their own foot by ruining updates designed for them.
There have been plenty of discussions about how to fix pvp, and throughout all of them, pvpshitters just whined.

>Just got an email telling me that someone from the UK successfully logged in to my account but couldn't verify account ownership
>MFW I use said password for a lot of my online accounts

They've probably got your email if they got into your account

>discussions about how to fix pvp

there was none
pvp was complety ignored for the last 2 years after the legacy update

I hope not, thankfully the account is 10+ years old so it shouldn't be easy for them to attain the email linked to it...

Right?

They probably got your account details from your email

In this thread tard.
Every time pvp is brought up, pvpshitters just whine about how they should be able to "own noobs" with their "skill", not caring about game dynamics or balance at all.

How exactly would they attain these account details if Jagex never discloses through email what your password/security question answers are?

>MFW I use said password for a lot of my online accounts
This happened to me as well, fortunately had bank pin. Don't reuse passwords kids. There are a lot of databases from hacked sites.

email was compromised on another service, you use the same password, they got into your email and saw you had a runescape account.
or something like that.

services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?45,46,143,65706540
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?45,46,177,65676443

there are good arguments there but jagex just ignores it

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago bro. I'd change all your passwords if I were you.

>he sent me an email saying i was fucked
>mfw

>tfw never gonna get rune pouch because I legit don't enjoy PvP

pretty sure the one from bh is tradeable

for 300M+ because BH will dead within a month of its release

don't worry it wont be dead

>implying

go to w18 or w2 edge there are always people there who will be killing eachother on bh worls now because why not
and there are also a lot of wbs people that are waiting for bh
the pvp community is small but not completly dead as some people say

So is it even worth doing mining/smithing now or should I just wait for the rework?

current level?
target level?

>not using a password manager that generates a unique 500 character password for every different account you have
baka

t. shitter who doesn't appreciate the best skill

83 Mining 84 Smithing. At least 90 is my current target level.

>not third dragon ring

at least?
maybe better to wait for rework then

ten
e
n

make love to me hawkeye senpai~!!

>level 134 in mixmatch of degradable seasings and virtus armor and weapons nets zaros crest -> lance -> crest #2 within 30 minutes
>finish my 830th+ kill bone dry, at 75% for the first 400 or so, 100% for the other 400

I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get a chain of drops soon. I feel like somehow my account is bugged and lance/zaros crest just aren't possible rolls for me.

someone pls console me

drink a luck potion you fag

>running 5 coconut trees with ent pouches
I know there's better money from farming qbd or even ascension keys and whatever, but goddamn it feels good to basically have 1m dumped into my bank for free at the end of each day

>twenty sixteen
>using 'fag' in a derogatory manner

way to out yourself as a deplorable bigot

deplorable indeed

Fag

fagolio

you guys are prob random no names in the fc, kyselves you have no idea who you're disrespecting

Who said faggots from the FC had any right to post in the thread?
The FC is containment.
For garbage.