2.6 has been sent to avocado

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=JqMsyLfItVw
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=aVeoAMFBQTg
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=heIm1-VsZeU
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UQxlUS8F0
imgur.com/gallery/bSOKf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Which Cry Astro is pirate friendly?

Neither, griefing sociopaths like you don't get to refuel or rearm.

I swear there was one. I just think the Com Array needs to be off for it though.

seems like all you have to do is shoot down the guards and you can land to refuel.

Guys I think I'm in love

I don't have the horrible truth saved, someone link it.

who keeps downboating our thread??

What do you love about it?

there are no boats here

Why is the Rack the best ship? It can do medical, science, research, exploration, and just about everything else worth doing.

Yeah, its only bad point is that niggers keep calling it the Rack.

Caterpillar will be way better than that ship.

and cargo hauling too! Plus, the Carrie reminds me of a few other scifi ships, so that's nice. And it looks sexy from more than one angle.

Has there been any word on the lancer variants lately? I kinda wanna upgrade my base one, but I wanna see how the other turn out before picking.

Live damn you, LIVE!

nah it's still a very expensive .jpg

whatever keeps you going tho man, these are desperate times

No news regarding lancer variants. They didn't even include them in CitCon roadmap. ;_;

Is it illegal to eat aliens?

>woke up 3am wide awake
>nothing to do til ATV and i dont work til evening
>SC isnt a game yet but I can't keep another game open for more than 5 minutes without realizing it's not finished-product SC
>might genuinely be upset if todays ATV isnt pretty good

who /vicious cycle of hype and suffering/ here

dur is 2.6 and has been done, mis and max are 3.0 i believe

Today's ATV is Austin so it will be nothing anyway

>DUR just requires slapping external fuel tanks and chin boobs to the model, maybe retexture and adding a digit to the QT fuel value
>MAX requires a remodeling
>MIS requires a remodeling and figuring out how do make the missile loader work and animate

Goddamn it I just want to shoot missiles forever.

it's the only studio that has nothing to say about homestead demo,so they cant pull that shit week 4 in a row. they might actually have to inform us about the game this time

but mainly it's josh coonz with either finished herald stuff or cutlass rework stuff

>tfw when /scg/edg/ dies twice in 5 hours

let it stay dead for a week or two

let it die permanently t b h

just like space sims by the time ED and SC are through with them

lads ever heard of best ship?

Yeah, it's called the Caterpillar.

Sure, pic related

>$225 scam that you fell for: the ship

hope they rework it for you into something even remotely worth that.

Gold plated apology notes for taking all their money and driving jettisoning it into the sun?

Any updates on the new Cutlass?

Pic unrelated

No one cares about your fucking groups besides the people in them
Stop

furposting aside, see todays ATV, should be cutlass stuff

guess who's dead

dead again

anyone else signed up for a tobii prototype?

Only solution for those degenerates

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UQxlUS8F0

Sounds like a fucking meme and a half, like that hand tracking thing

what the hell even is that DUR equivalent? I've never seen such a thing. what's in the back?

Maybe it's a pimped out living truck like

imgur.com/gallery/bSOKf

But for people studying boreal wildlife? idk

I wonder if DUR will end up being underrated/meta for exploration with how much people don't want to work together in multicrews like the Carrack.

So I've had a vulture for a little while and want to change it up a bit. Should I buy a type 6 or a diamond back, or should I save up and replace my vulture with something else?

I've flown nothing but fighters so far

I refuse to circlejerk to JPGs on a mongolia kite-flying forum, so I a playing Elite: Dangerous while waiting for Star Citizen to become worthy of purchase.

Working on my Elite rank in Combat, and even using an Engineered 600mil Cr Federal Corvette in a Compromised Navigation Beacon is going extremely slowly.
Something like 5% Deadly every 3 hours or so.

Is there a way to make this faster? I started playing Elite like a couple of months ago, so I have infinite resources, just limited time.

Never replace your Vulture-fu.

Truth is, every ship that you fly after the Vulture will be lacking in one way or another.

It's just that she's the perfect combination of seed, maneuverability, firepower, durability (shields at least) in a small hard to hit package.

The only way to move forward from a Vulture is to an FDL or Federal Corvette, but even with engineering you'd still miss one aspect of the Vulture that they don't have.

I always ignored area 18, but today I launched it and it gave me feels for some reason

Also

>read somewhere that sc runs better than low when you put it on medium setting
>try it
>it's actually true

What the fuck?

you can make the game run much better with ~config settings, graphics settings from options actually does nothing

problem is those ~config settings reset any time you hit a load screen or die

Happens with a lot of CPU heavy games

Hulls are a HOT SHIT

I'm pulling this right out of my ass but in my experience all the graphics settings do is change LOD distance. so when you put it to low, all it does is make every texture a mess of gore and every ship a vague fridge shape until you get within 20m of it, which in dogfighting and walking around stations and ports, is fucking constantly, thus you get hammered with heavy loads over and over just from walking/flying around, whereas on high all that shit loads once and stays loaded, provided your machine can render it all.

Todays ATV is the team working on armor/weapons for 2.6 as well as C U T L A S S REWORKKKKKKK

>terrapin
>$225
user it wasn't even $200, factcheck yourself before your wreck yourself

>hey guys welcome to around the verse, today we've flown in 3 people from other studios to tell you guys about how the sand textures from the homestead demo at citizencon became so sandy
next up we have josh coonz for the long awaited cutlass. yes, the crashed cutlass from the citizencon homestead demo. hes gonna explain how it became so crashed.

Well, my user.cfg doesn't work in crusader at all except from allowing me to input console commands

Works fine in other modes though

They better keep that stairway entrance for C, D and E

Didn't regenerate one fps with with user config for me, sadly

>next up we have josh coonz for the long awaited cutlass. yes, the crashed cutlass from the citizencon homestead demo. hes gonna explain how it became so crashed.
don't fuck with me that's an actual possibility and I would be beyond mad

Yeah sounds total like scam citizen

This is the sneak shot we got this week of the Cutlass rework. Josh "Get all the poon" Coonz is hyped at (re)making the Cutlass and has made steady progress that we'll see later today.

Anyone want to take a shot at drawing the new cutlass flawplan/scale? This image is is from the right side of the cockpit looking towards the rear. It looks like the interior might be asymmetrical or the turret is asymmetrical on the outside.

>flawplan
sounds about right

I'm not going to make any guessart, whenever I do I just end up disappointed when we get something different

>flawplan
i see what you did there. i'll give it a shot though

thoughts, anons? or is that turret in the same place it used to be and it's just blocking the path to the hangar and that door "to the side" is just because they moved it while modeling?

why have two doors when you can have one door and shelves for the other?

Honestly I think there's only one door and the turret moves upwards out the way like it does on the current cutlass

I don't know if I should get into this game

I like space engine, and the idea of having space engine with some actual stuff to do in it sounds awesome.

I'd probably chill and just transport some people do some mining or something while enjoying the scenery with some good music, that sounds pretty good.

Is there a monthly subscription for this game and should I get the season pass?

Oh and I'm talking about elite dangerous

He be warned who ye attempt to gaise upon the vision of BRABEN

>I don't know if I should get into this game
You will know, once you buy it.

theyve only really mentioned it being resized to reduce visual clipping on characters in the cockpit hallway area, as well as the rear and ramp being designed around having a dragonfly and cargo in there

i wouldnt expect it to look exceedingly different on the outside aside from it being a little chunkier with sharper angles

Yes.

Season pass as well, but I would advise you to wait for Christmas sales.

The season pass added so much shit and the next update it's adding is one of the most awaited.

Think of Elite like a Star Citizen that's shipping shipping its parts gradually instead of in one big package.

The advantage to Star Citizen is that it's practically seamless, but at the same time debugging the entire thing as well as releasing it will take an insane amount of time.

In the end, around the time Star Citizen releases I expect Elite to have had all the big features of SC for like half a year.

But yeah Elite is good.
Hard, but good.

Thanks for responding.

Do you think there will be christmas sales on the season pass alone, or should I hold off buying the game as a whole, till Christmas?

Also, I just now read that they will also plan on adding interiors of spaceships/starports in the future, that sounds amazing.

The thing as a whole.

The base game is really not worth getting without the Season Pass, not even as a demo of the things to come.

There was a sale like 15 days ago.

Point is, the base game is only you sitting in a cockpit zipping around space.
Planets and moons were look but don't touch.

Then the season pass game and added planetary landing, mind you it's still on planets without atmospheres exclusively, because the atmospheric flight module is still being worked on, but it still made the space the game takes place in VERY real to me.

This season they added: Planetary landing, surface vehicles and outposts, ship tuning into a one-of-a-kind deal, space tourism and passenger charters, ship-launched fighters and hirable NPC crew.

The season only has 2 update left:
2.3 Commanders: adds character creation and avatar customization, limited ship interactivity, multi-crew with other players in the same shape

2.4: ???? They're keeping this one a surprise.

Planned upcoming seasons will add full ship interiours, space legs, atmospheric landing, alien life and even big-game hunting.

Planned features that still have no conrete season attached to them: Capital ship control basically ships that are a mile long with hundreds of crewmembers

On the wiki there is a full list of upcoming features, and I know it al sounds like a load of Sean Murray talk, I thought the same when they promised Multi-crewing in a game that didn't even have Squads at the time.
But it seems they were designing Elite from the start with those features, all ships from the release date had several empty seats, it's not something they are shoehorning into the game late in design.

All in all, at the end of its development cycle, Elite will be Star Citizen with seams.
Play that until Star Citizen is thoroughly debugged then see if the switch is worth it.

I know I prolly will for the comfy designs.

2.6 F U C K I N G W H E N

also please will my gtx 650 ti run this okish at 720p at least? or do i need to not eat for 2 months and get a 950/960

For "VR" closed area modes sure, no one can run the actual universe well though because the non existent netcode lowers your framerates
It's really not worth getting into atm

Sounds like it is already a cool game, and it will turn into the space game I would really want it to be.

I have also been following Star Citizen for a while, but I have the feeling they are too ambitious, they want to put in everything from the start, and that might end up just being too much.

I like the approach of Elite much more to just carefuly add stuff along the way.

Fuck, I want to get into the game right now, not wait for christmas

aw ye son

this month i got enough mone for either bf1 or SC, and as you may have guessed since im here i'd rather get SC i know the universe is unplayable for now but just for star marine and shooting shit up in arena commander. by the time 3.0 hits i'll probably have a 950 anyway

the perks of living in eastern europe and being a neet on therapy

>2.6 F U C K I N G W H E N
50% end of this week.
80% end of next week
100% at universary sale

>50% end of this week.

Hahahahaha.

weeks not months

Not the previous user but if you have the money to spend go for it.
I got visioned and paid full price for everything, not really regretting.

Star Citizen goes for a top down approach, but my confidence in Chris Roberts is about on par as my confidence in David Braben.

It's very ambitious sure, but it's also very heavily funded, and has a longass development cycle.
The hardware requirements might be unreasonable NOW, but by the time it releases it will be trivial.

Elite: Dangerous is built bottom-up which should make it more stable, more easily debugged and more enjoyable to follow. But you will always be able to tell "ah this is 2.2 content", "this is where it gets to 3.1 territory" etc as you play, the seams are obvious.

I really enjoy Elite though, and I am already working up to Triple Elite ranking in Trading Combat and Exploration.
Trading is done, Combat I am at the last rank and Exploration is a matter of time.

I bought it full price like but I don't regret it one bit.

However I do understand that like all space games, it's not for everyone. So better safe then sorry.
Or it's just 30 quid who cares

>fall for the star citizen meme
>install
>start
>motionblur out your ass to the point you cant even control the mouse
>bloom up to 9000 cant see anything
>try running around interacting with stuff
>nothing works
>call ship
>try to enter ship but it clitches out explode and I float away into the dark
>decide I've had enough of this and exit

>game crashes on exit freezing my computer

amazing

It's hard to believe this game has been in development since 2012, but it sure has come a long way. It is worth every cent of the 140 Million dollars raised so far.

>>try to enter ship but it clitches out explode and I float away into the dark
That would have made for a cool gif

Also am I right to understand I will need a new season pass for each season, but not for season 1?

1080s are cheaper than 980tis right now lol

i was running it the same on my 770 that i do now on my 980ti. but if youre serious about PC gaming in the next year or so you're gonna wanna upgrade soon

>tfw 5k away from the bubble
>cripplingly lonely, feeling boredom set in
how do people explore such long distances? i feel like it's gonna be a struggle making it to the core without giving up half way

>motionblur out your ass to the point you cant even control the mouse
That doesn't make any sense

>How

Quite literally they only pay 1/4 attention to the game. And instead they have a movie on a second monitor or something. Quality gameplay, huh?

Can't you set it on autopilot and do something else?

Season 1 is the base game.
They added Wings, Programmable Limpit Drones, Resource Extraction sites, NPC Capital Ships, real time Political Power simulation etc etc in the first season that is the base game.

Season 2 is the only one available for purchase right now, and the content it has will still be released in first half of 2017.

No idea when Season 3 is releasing or when it will be available for pre-order.

I am still a noob Pathfinder but I got a couple of questions about exploring:
What are you flying? I am thinking of taking an Anaconda for such trips, with a couple of Field Maintenance Units, a couple of SRVs and a Ship-launched fighter.

With the Neutron boost and the engineered 50 LY range it should be a cakewalk to get to the core, with plenty of distractions using the SRV and SLF.

Also, why go there? I just want to get Elite rank in Exploration, don't care for anything else, can't I just roam the starts around the bubble in e helix pattern until I get the 150mil Creds needed? What advantage does the Core/Colonia/Beagle Point offer me?

But it's right. This game has so much motion blur it makes it feel like 20ms mouse smoothing. Total disaster.

>Auto pilot

No. No such thing. Have to "fly your ship" in a straight line, can't be auto pilot. Goddamn CMDR o7

>in development since 2012
>game is bad because I can't figure out how to change graphics settings

dank memes dood

here's my similar experience

Not for jumping no, you need to scoop fuel off the stars to be able to keep going, but what do I know.

I have 500 hours in and I never left the bubble.
Human civilisation stretches across 400 or so LYs that people call "The Bubble", but the galaxy is based on our own, so it stretches about 100,000LYs across. It's pretty fucking big, and pretty fucking empty.

And I am not the slightest bit jealous of all those explorer space nerds uncovering proof of intelligent life existing as they explore, not one bit.
ok maybe just a bit

> that filename

Beautiful.
Please tell me you have more.

more humorous failure webms? a few. the sarcastic clap emotes are probably in my top five favorite things the game has right now.

Is the netcode fix supposed to be in 2.6 or will it be broken until 3.0?

broken til 3.0, 2.6 will add SM so we can at least FPS in relative stability because the maps will be small enough that the netcode issues won't be relevant.

We actually found out last rtv that they're aiming for a "light" netcode release in 2.6

Do you retards ever not respond to obvious bait?