Most luxurious/comfy car for $10,000 USD?

Hey guys i'm looking for a car thats going to be comfty; basically i want a refined ride for the highway since thats what i drive. i've been looking at the ls400 but i feel like its a bit dated, i've been looking at bmw 525/528 around 2007 or so. what car will give me the maximum comftyiness? i've been leaning towards a bmw, but im open to Mercedes and other brands. Any help goys? i live in cali if that makes a difference. gas mileage not an issue, just looking for a decent dd

look at W211 facelift Mercedes E class or BMW E60 5 series BMW
i've owned them both, pretty comfy

Lexus, BMW, Mercedes mainly.

Whatever you do though, no Audi. Never Audi. They're the most unreliable pieces of shit on the planet, as well as jewing you out of fucktons of money for literal VW parts.

W211 facelift is the correct answer. A 2008 E350 is gonna be about 8-10 k.

I have a diesel which is a bit more. 2009. Super comfy and unbeatable for road trips

LS400

ls430

Crown vic

>No seat belt.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

Anyway,

Lincoln Town Car, LS400, LS430.

Add Lincoln Town Car and Mercury Grand Marquis with that. Very good cars. There's a reason you see them in the background of every movie ever set in a city. They're rugged and reliable and comfortable as fuck

Bump

LS400 is the most comfortable thing ever though, better than even the late 2000's LS460 (and it isn't even close). Plus the car has a cozy feeling of uncomplicated luxury.

>wanting a out of warranty german car

Its like you niggers want to get butt fucked at the repair shop.

Just get a lexus.

or an ES350

You could always get it from a dealership that offers a service contract, 5 years during which you only pay a 50 dollar co-pay to diagnose and fix what the fuck ever

If youre in Austin get yourself a used beemer from a continental automotive group dealership

LS430 was 2001-2007
LS460 is 2008-current.

The LS430 is a better car than the 400. The LS460 is more car than a 430. but as you say, it lacks the base qualities of the prior gens.

Look no further

BP/BL Legacys are pretty swanky in the Limited trims.

That back end is an abortion. Fucking hideous.

How do those handle overtaking on the freeway? They just look so underpowered on paper for such a big car.

The V6 is powerful enough for highways. Plenty of torks. Plus, it's Europe. Land of the econoboxes.

Less luxurious but still comfy. Get the hydro suspension though

Cool.

I'm in a similar boat to op but when pretty much everything else in the class is v8 you have to wonder, especially when the citroen is so rare around here.

Honestly, the LS Lexus (400/430) is hands down going to be your best bet in terms of a super smooth, quiet, comfortable car that for $10k will still be very much a reliable DD that you can depend on. Mind you they still can require some pricey (compared to some econobox) parts/repairs, but it is a case of taking care of a known upcoming service (ie t-belt) or a known wear part (control arms) every once in a pretty long while. Rather than random modules failing or other non-wear things going bad (ie any of the German options).

The Volvo you have pictured doesn't even ride particularly well. Same for Panthers to be honest.

These don't make the cut what so ever in terms of NVH, ride, or comfortable seats IMO.

One option to perhaps consider is the LS's little brother, the ES 300/330. Cheaper to work on due to commonality with the Camry, and they are very quiet, very smooth vehicles. Bonus of FWD for northern climates.

If you want fun as well , a mint condtion 97' SC300

Early 2000's full specc'd Saab 9-5's have the comfiest seats ever made.

I've been in caddilacs/lincolns/mercs/bwms/ etc and NOTHING is even close.

The seat belt is right underneath her jacket, shes clearly buckled in and leaning on it.

Currently got 2003 E60 3.0 diesel. Very comfy, very precise and sharp steering.
Get 3.0 petrol in auto for maximum smoothness. Don't skimp on audio option, get only logic7. Any other options in them were total shit.

M35/45 are pretty good. Pretty confy and reliable.