American Shit Boxes

Post your shit box. You know the ones that are literal shit right off the assembly line. Some of them sure do last though!

Fuck I hated that thing

Ayy a fellow Sunfire owner. This is the only picture I have of mine because I'm too lazy to wash it and make it look presentable enough for a picture. Maybe in winter. You have the 5spd?

I really like the s10 blazers.

Buddy has destroyed probably 6 of them now.

Why did you hate yours?

>my face when I realize I put a fartcan and CAI on my 150hp fwd shitbox for no good reason

I just wanted to go fast

what was wrong with your blazer?

We inherited it from my in-laws. They had basically let it sit for a decade rotting away in their backyard.

As such, it was a complete pile of shit. Something was always broke/broken, and it was the most god awful car to work on
>let's rivet in the ball joints!
>let's make spark plug 6 impossible to get to!
>bolt sizes? Use whatever we got leftover!

When we got it, all the vacuum lines had rotted away. A/C was fucked. 4WD was fucked. ABS was fucked. Wife's grandfather had some fuck head install one of those bag car phones 2 decades ago, and it was spliced into the electrical system in the most bat shit reatrded way I have ever seen (would make the ABS light come on at random)

The best was when it failed state inspection because the light bulb for the CEL icon had blown. The CEL wasn't active, but because the bulb for the icon was blown, I had to pull the entire fucking dash out to replace a 17 cent light bulb to get the goddamn thing past state inspection. Half the fucking plastic just turned to dust trying to get it out. Had to replace the turn signal/hazard lights/cruise control assembly because of that

In 2 years it might have been problem free a grand total of 2 weeks

On the plus side, it never actually broke down/left her stranded. Always started. Always ran, even if it ran shitty

I owned 2 of them. One was a 5 speed.

What car user?

>2
I don't think I could tolerate having this car 2 times in a row, much less as an auto, but at least I have a 5speed.

I drove these cars for 10 years

Base model Chevy cobalt

one of these days I'll take a decent pic

Not my shitbox, and never actually owned one, but I used to move cars for a shitty buy here pay here lot from an auto auction to their mechanic after they bought them. Every single time they would buy at least three of these things and every one of them was complete shit.

>On the plus side, it never actually broke down/left her stranded. Always started. Always ran, even if it ran shitty

That seems to be the GM tradition. A bunch of shit the infuriates you breaks, stuff that you wouldn't even think would ever break. But the damn thing still starts every morning.

bump

Sadly... (or not so sadly) my Sunfire took a dump. She's destine for the scrap yard as I've figured if I'm going to rebuild an engine, I want to make it a vehicle worth a rebuild.

>Failing oil pump

Pic is the one I usually post.

fellow wis bro!

There's a few of us around. I've made noise about coming up with some sort of meet but I don't have the time for organizing it nor do I think there's much interest.

that, and unless we all live in the cities (grb, mil, mad) we're probably way too far apart.

>stuff that you wouldn't even think would ever break
God, that too