What car would you buy today if you wanted a dd that you could pretty much drive forever?

What car would you buy today if you wanted a dd that you could pretty much drive forever?

The new civic hatchback

The new civic hatchback

The new civic hatchback

Honda Civic for $3000.00 USD

Decent answer, but I was thinking something new or very lightly used. A $3k civic is likely to have 150k miles on it.

Type R

Hmm, good point. Then how about the new civic hatchback?

Honestly I'd do a lot of research if I have to drive it forever. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I'm not a finance cuck so I'd start looking for shitboxes in local listings and pay cash. Probably can't afford anything newer than early 2000s, late 90s japanese would be the sweet spot for reliable and practical shit boxes. I would also wait a while to find a clean example of whatever I decide to buy. looking on CL now I see a few toyotas and hondas in my budget. There's a very clean civic that is bone stock except for a k&n filter. The guy is asking $3500 but I bet I could talk him down to $3k which is about how much cash I have.

Ecoboost Ford GT

Buy a fucking Civic.

>A $3k civic is likely to have 150k miles on it.
So it'll still last as long as most other cars new. Buy a fucking Civic.

Assuming the initial buying price isn't a concern, but I have to deal with fuel and maintenance; probably some 4 door classic car with a 350 and 700r4 so I get decent mileage and something super simple to work on. And the body would have to be very popular for replacement panels.

Just get a civic or acura whatever the fuck. I bought my 97 EL for $600, has 360KM on it, rear quarters are shot, suspension is done for, needs new brakes but guess what? I pay $30 to fill the cunt, and i've driven it 15000KM in 5 months of me owning it, driven it for an hour with the temp gauge fucking pinned at the top with no oil or coolant in it. But guess what? The cunt still runs, and is eager to get some of that V-Tec action bro. So dude. Just buy a civic for 3 grand.

Nice post, it cracked me up.

get a civic or acura OP

I actually bought a Fit like in the OP post but grey. I plan on having it for a least 10 years and will pick up a fun car for the weekends eventually

I already have a 2013 Honda Accord that I plan to keep til I die.

Volvo 240/740/940

Is the Fit the best in it's class?

Honda fit/accord, mazda 3/6, nissan sentra sr turbo
Because manual

Assuming mpg and shit doesnt matter a jaguar xe-r for that sweet supacharged v6

No but the new civic hatchback is

Punto, obviously.