ZZW30 VS AE86

The ZZW30 is lighter than the AE86 stock and it's 1ZZ engine cranks out about the same horses as a blacktop 4age, give or take a few digits, newer than an aging '86. Another problem is the contents of it precats had a tendency to crumble and get sucked back into the engine if not removed and it's 1ZZ burned oil but a 2ZZ is a direct drop in.

The 86 is 30 years old and shit will break down down the line but it's easy to work on but it's the rust that will lead to its ultimate doom, I could get a welder and patch up some rust though.

I put in alot of time and money into this car and I might regret it if I sell it.

Street cred, memes and all that bullshit aside, convince me why I shouldn't trade an 86 for an MRS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKO-tY9mWI&feature=share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All very valid points

HOWEVER

There's not enough room to pack a bag if you count on staying somewhere overnight.

Behind the seats there is

However it looks like a hairdresser's car and hardtops are hard to come by.

I normal stick all my stuff on the passenger seat anyway.

I wish I could keep both but as a manchild, I can't pump money into both cars and parking space is limited as both cars would only be driven 8 months out of the year.

>I normal stick all my stuff on the passenger seat anyway.

mfw

>I normal stick all my stuff on the passenger seat anyway.
Yeah, opening the bad door is too bothersome, passenger seat is basically a glorified storage compartment.

But where will your gf sit?

Hahahahhahahahaah a hahahahhahahahaah
Hahhahhgagaghgahahhhahhhha
Hahhahhgagaghgahahhhahhhha
No.

Just get a luggage rack for the back. I've got one for my miata with a lockable metal box I put on it sometimes. Fits more than the boot does.

I actually fit the contents of my entire bachelor suite + tools in the car once, I could definitely feel the weight

I don't even care about storage space but the MR-S is growing. I don't have to fight with rust just yet and won't have to uncuck what the previous owner(s) did.

>convince me why I shouldn't trade an 86 for an MRS
Convertibles are gay. Getting a convertible will turn you into a catty bitch boy like all the fags from that thread.

damn lay off the stuffed crust cc

Yeah, the MR-S looks gay but fuck does it look fun to drive.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKO-tY9mWI&feature=share

there's loads of these shits on sale here for good prices, but I can't get over how effeminate this car looks

Go with the best of both worlds and get an AW11.

Also, working on cars is a fact of life. You'll just have to deal with the possibility of it fucking up. Luckily, there's a breakers yard full of AW11s and it's right next to where I go on holiday, too.

[spoiler]Well, the car's fucked. Better go on holiday for spares[/spoiler]

that is one content little pupper

You're damn right she is. She's my blonde co-pilot.

>not wanting a black bottom bitch
kek though, cute doge

We used to have a black bitch.

My mother is blind, so we tend to get Labradors give to us as Guide Dogs.

This one is Faye and she's an old retired dog.

Also, our old Black Lab used to cross her paws just like that!

I have learned that labs are my favorite dogs. such great dogs.

Big enough to be huggable dogs, but not so big that you can't can't get it into the passenger foot well.

My friend has some New Foundlands, great dogs, but they have an RV to take the dogs places. So that's a con of 'em.

It's hard to deal when your efan relay shits out on you in the middle of traffic or when your pump decides to die. Driving in traffic and be like Russian roulette, you never know what's gonna die next.

Granted, I've replaced my fuel pump, rad, rebuilt my dizzy but that nagging feeling of some catastrophic failure will never go away.

No offence but the AW11 would be a downgrade between the two interms of performance but it's the best looking out of the 3 gens and a 2ZZ, Blacktop swap would be awesome.

Nice car user.

You do raise a fair point there. One that I can't really refute.

I suppose I'm the kind of person who enjoys the MR2 for it's feel and looks. Being inside it is a really nice experience. I've not had mine long, but the failures are pretty much why I'm going to by enough parts to make a new one, just to be sure.

No offense taken, I'd be pretty damn bored on here if it were an echo chamber of people circle jerking my car. Whilst the ZZW30 doesn't stoke me in the way an AW11 does, I'd still like one to complete the set of MR2s, which I intend to do.

As for a swapped out MR2, oh boy, I'm buying a rolling shell to make a mental fun car for air fields.

Thanks, man.

The W30 with a 2ZZ is essentially a poor man's Elise. I'd definately take one over an 86.

It's likely you'll never carry more luggage than the car can carry, but
has a pretty good idea to deal with that.

Plus the W30 is a lot newer so surely parts would be easier to come by, but considering the 86 and the 4A are so popular I'm not as sure about that

Tl;Dr do it user

But is it worth giving up the 86 for?

There was one guy selling a tube chassis AW11 track weapon with a 13B on craigslist, it was crazy. I wish I had pics to show you.

With the 86, I'll need to patch up the rust. I'll get a mig or tig welder and learn, I guess.

With the ZZW30, I'll have to just remove the precats. I might just get both but parking space is limited and pumping money into 2 cars at my age is mad, I'm a manchild but still.

I have no trouble finding parts for the 86, they even have new tanks and new quarter panels, a Japanese company even sells expensive carbon fiber doors, quarters, and roofs.