/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 3rd:
644 – Umar ibn al-Khattab, the second Muslim caliph, is assassinated by a Persian slave in Medina.
1812 – Napoleon's armies are defeated at the Battle of Vyazma.
1867 – Giuseppe Garibaldi and his followers are defeated in the Battle of Mentana and fail to end the Pope's Temporal power in Rome (it would be achieved three years later).
1918 – Austria-Hungary enters into the Armistice of Villa Giusti with the Allies, and the Habsburg-ruled empire dissolves.
1918 – Poland declares its independence from Russia.
1918 – The German Revolution of 1918–19 begins when 40,000 sailors take over the port in Kiel.
>News
EU4 DD 01/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-november-2016.979421/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Prussian_War#For_the_neutral_parties
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/158469294/#q158585527
mediafire.com/file/r3la5q5qbiutbe0/M&T_v1.26.7z
blogofholding.com/dungeonrobber/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

B A S E D
SHITPOSTERS BTFO

>2 posts
>No new thread yet
Slacking desu

based R&I

You guys weren't kidding when you said France is easy.

Dear HPM, the following provinces in Canada are named wrong, please fix them.

#75;Millertown, Newfoundland: founded 1900, would recommend calling Port-Aux-Basques
#69;Edmunston, New Brunswick: Petit-Sault until 1851
#52;Sudbury, Ontario: founded 1893, would recommend calling Sainte-Anne-des-Pins
#49;Dryden, Ontario: founded 1895, call it Lake of the Woods or Rat Portage
#2594; Pickle, Ontario, named for Pickle Lake founded 1928, call it Patricia
#41; Brandon, Manitoba, founded 1882, call it Assiniboine
#30: Regina, Saskatchewan, Renamed/founded from Wascana 1882, Qu'Appelle was regional center before that
#33;Asquith; Founded 1903, call it Battleford
#34;Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, founded 1882, just call it Saskatchewan (after the river)
#35;Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, founded 1880s~, region is the Cypress Hills
#22;Edson, Alberta, there was literally nothing here until the 20th century, the earliest name I can find is "smallpox camp" from 1870 because a bunch of Indians died there while on the way somewhere else, merge the province with #28 Red Deer
#25;Banff, Alberta, founded 1884, call it Bow Falls
#26;Calgary, Alberta, founded 1870s~, call it Bow River
#29;Cardston, Alberta, founded 1887, call it Medicine Hat
#2595;Iqualuit, NWT: called Frobisher Bay till 1987, province would be better named Baffin or even Nunavut

Regards, your friend Dave Watson.

Based.

I am fond of pigs.

Did your bot bug out?

reminder HPM will never update

>playing eu4
this isnt /r/paradoxplaza

PU over Castile 3 years in by the way.

My bad I forgot to ebin meme xdddd post about Liquoria 2.

Also, fix the Arab Union stuff. You can't get cores on the Sudan back after the Mahdist uprising.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Prussian_War#For_the_neutral_parties

>Liechtenstein: Became an independent state and declared permanent neutrality, while maintaining close political ties with Austria. They sent 80 men out but did not engage in any fighting. They returned home with 81 men because an Italian soldier decided to come home with them.

This is so funny to me. Some random-ass Italian soldier just deciding he might as well go to Lichtenstein

>le liqqy le liqqy r8 my france blob guise
this isnt /r/paradoxplaza

What's a good EU4 mod? M&T map is fucking retarded and disgusting and the mod is bloated. VeF is full of retarded shit like "Angevin Union" as a country.

It pisses me off how the entire west coast of africa is colonized by 1600, the game really needs a LR system.

So are there any good mods for EU4? Preferably with a more sensible map without tribes everywhere?

It's funny because of how matter of factly it's stated.

I'm just saying I've never had this shit happen.

But you can keep shitposting my dude.

look at this map and tell me a redditor didn't design it

you're fucking right. reddit written all fucking over it.

It reads like an 8 year olds diary.
I wonder what happened to him? Logic says he probably went back to Italy shortly after, but I like to think the king gave him his own castle.

I've actually seen AI France getting a fucking PU over castille, it was a nightmare.

It looks like it was designed by the retards behind SWMH, full of wastelands and amorphous provinces in the middle of nowhere.

In all seriousness, do you think he'll ever stop?

Help a comrade out

They don't have a king, it's a duchy.

>not appreciating someone posting his epic france eu4 blob is shitposting
Fuck off. I'd react the same way had you posted HoI4 or any other shitty meme game.

Play a girl with 100 in all stats, 20 health, and 2k fertility from the latin bookmark under Byz
Be the emperor of the roman's bitch and never expand except for what's given to you
Make sure the empire is restored.

White and quite based indeed

>comrade
When did we lose, lads? This place is a love child between lefty/pol/ and /r/paradoxplaza now.

After HPM left there was nothing left fighting for in /gsg/, so they just took over with no resistance.

Everything else I thought of would have made me sound like more of a faggot imo

I should have just said faggots in retrospect

I'd rather have a long game with goals and shit than just be known as Europe's whore tbqh

He's actually a prince.

Fun fact, on Liechtenstein's national holiday the entire population is invited to the Prince's castle for free beer.

but being a whore for the glory of rome is hot

>hpm left
His last post was less than a weak ago.

>tfw you will never move to Liechtenstein

>And yet there's shit all about Spain and Philippines which leads to the place becoming a Ternate colony, which is absolutely retarded.
In real life, Spain got away with this because the Philippines were almost in their half of the sphere. Kinda like Portugal got away with some South American coast.

However, the game doesn't model the Treaty of Tordesillas... the stuff you find in the game looks nothing like that. It isn't about the "whole uncivilized world", it isn't an agreement for Iberian powers, it doesn't even respect the borders of RL Tordesillas treaty.

>"Railroaded" is just used by people mad at an event that made shit harder for them, your case is pretty obvious. If you don't want any historical events, go play other genre.
Ironically, in my current playthrough, the Iberian Wedding came as a blessing for me - Aragon becoming a subject = one less coalition member.

Meant to quote

I wonder how seriously the other nations took it and whether, had it not been for the Protestant reformation, Spain and Portugal would have been allowed to freely carve up the new world.

No one else gave a single shit right off the bat, it just gave the Spanish an excuse to attack colonies in their zone and the Portuguese an excuse to be pirate lords in the Indian ocean.

Then how come England didn't start colonising until post reformation?

Couldn't afford it, war of the roses was a massive all consuming civil war and then Henry VIII wasted the entire treasury, Queen Elizabeth spent her whole reign focusing on trade and internal stability, and then they got the colonial ball rolling.

The French were more active earlier, and tried to colonize Brazil a few times in the 16th century.

>I wonder how seriously the other nations took it
I'm not sure, but I think England tried to colonize the Spanish half on purpose - both to avoid hurting their ally Portugal and to annoy the shit out of Spain.

France: they probably gave zero fucks, see French Guiana, Louisiana and Canada. Even when kicking out the Protestants out.

>find a mod that at least removes the shit in central africa
>not updated
fuck

What's wrong with the "unbleached german" princes there?

>This mod changes the pre-russia names of cultures and make some changes to the founding-decision of russia. The pre-russia cultures are renamed to Northern Russian (formerly Novgorodian), Central Russian (formerly Muscovite) and Southern Russian (formerly Ryazanian).

Wonder where this guy comes from.

I wonder if this guy isn't a Russian nationalist unaware that, had things happened in a different fashion, you'd talk about "Northern Russian" as the Moscow dialect and "Novgorodian language" as something completely apart.

Better yet,
install Geheimnisnacht, play a Slaaneshi Seducer, and fuck your dynasty onto the thrones of the Empire Electors.

He hasn't posted in months.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/158469294/#q158585527
His last post was 27 of october.

>that last post
RIP

He's never coming back is he?

He's here, watching right now.

He just doesn't respond to shitposters.

He often appears at 700+ posts just so he only has to deal with 50 memers asking him to add stuff/calling him a grandiquor faggot.

It's not your fault he left.

I know, I'm neither a shitposter nor responsible for the Syrian conflict.

Good morning, Bashar Al-Assad.

Really makes you think

Absolutely based.

Get fucked Ottomemes.

anyone know where I can get the rights of man dlc? rip archive

also is Après Moi, Le Déluge any good?

Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.2 when?

The Malorn guy from M&T pisses me off to no end. Every time he interacts with some sperg with low social skills he gets mads and feels offended.

Now he writes a long-ass 10 paragraph thread to educate on etiquette some autists who might not even speak English properly.

here's the download link for M&T, for the guys who pirated the game: mediafire.com/file/r3la5q5qbiutbe0/M&T_v1.26.7z

White and baysed

I got bored with Eu4 and I want to play something different, no gs no strategies.

Recommendation welcome.

>no strategies
Uh...
blogofholding.com/dungeonrobber/index.php

Monster Girl Quest

The new tech system is retarded.

This makes no sense. Ive only been here 10 years and they are already caught up with institutions.

Pillars of Eternity

Hardest strategy game I've ever played

Thank you for suggestions.

Well, I was missing the coalition.

And the pope respawning is weird. They took a Palatinate province... only to rival him ASAP. And it looks like the relations were reset, they were from -200 to +25 with me. (I allied them, so I can finally play the papacy game)

>Bavaria
>Frankfurt
>Cologne
>Castile
>Hungary
>Brittany
Are those like Pokemon? Gotta catch'em all?

Revolutionary cancer treatment, I wonder if it could be applied to /gsg/

How can you tell if something is "reddit"?

Now, this is kinda bullshit. Yes, they were a five provinces minor, divided in two, but... come on, they were fighting an OPM, and they're still a lucky nation.

t. reddit

>tfw keep losing to bess
Black Alice is also legitimately fucking hard.

I wish Vicky had the province management of EU4
Imagine those sexy empires if you could create WITHOUT console commands

EU4 has province management?

I think he means peace deals

Vicky commands are generally to give shit to the AI and swap ownership between AI, not to applied to your own tag. It wouldn't really help.

Forget vicky, CK2 needs it far more, especially for defenders.

i mean how you can give/take provinces from your vasslas, create client states and even sell provinces
would be a lot better than how it is now when you can only annex entire states and only buy/sell via unique decisions

Oh
Those don't really fit Vicky's period though imho, like can you imagine buying Paris?

The game crashed and, when I loaded it back...

It's not like Paris isn't owned by Dubai at this point.

Not in the Vicky period, but entirely possible.

>boatpeople went full LET ME IN! I WANT TO BE EUROPEAN, NOT A FILTHY ENGLISHMAN!
Nope.

Protip: try NOT ferrying your troops to my continent while I'm carpet sieging your iland.

It doesn't make sense for all capitals, but for things like vassal management and drawing borders it's a must-have really. Also, there's capitals like constantinople, places like luxemburg, the whole mess that is colonies which NNM somewhat managed to fix with ridiculous amounts of events.

I held on to it as long as I could.

They get all of your institutions literally as soon as they hit reform it's fucked

Hadrianus' wall should keep those pesky natives at bay.

A shame I already have too many diplomatic relations, otherwise I'd spawn a bozo here. I guess I'll just colonize Kent and leave.

(All of this because they refused some small provinces rightfully belonging to Gascony... they shouldn't mess with Rome.)

I'm finally getting my way around ck 2. Started at Desmond, now a king of Ireland only problem is that FUCKING SCOTLAND became too strong. has almost 2/3 of Brittania. Anyways, I wished paradox had a replay feature , would want to watch from your perspective /gsg/

Rate my Roman Caliphate.

I tried my best following the Rhine and Danube and what I could base off of the maps of the Rashidun/Umayyads.

Jesus Christ

i dont get how people can play nations once they're bigger than france

it's so fucking boring, just put a death stack on hunting rebel duty and stomp the fuck out of whoever you feel like painting purple

>playing ottomans and converting to orthodox
This is not a roman empire, you have made the sultanate of rum.

Is 12-4-12 a good army composition for mil 12?

You could blob just a bit more into Ukraine... just enough to connect Crimea to Roumania. Also take the Sahara for you (desert = huge name), but I understand you won't be able to colonize.

Now use your remaining time to create some puppet to get rid of that ugly German clusterfuck.