/ovg/ - Horizon 3 GOAT Edition

Previous thread: RANWEC IS HAPPENING SIGN UP ON THE DOC, GET FUCKING HYPED CUNTS. Clio pickups on Saturday too.

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1GsQSJzmd1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So what's the /ovg/ consensus on Horizon 3? My friends and I are all racing game veterans and a few of us agree that it's probably the best racing game we've ever played.

Prolly grab it soon on PC even though I've heard alot of shittalk about performance and what not which i'm sure patches/updates will fix soon.

I have my xbone I can dust off anyways in case.

Too broke but want it so bad :c pretty salty the sunny coast isn't in there.

I'm... having too much fun.

This abomination only has 260hp.

It's a very good and enjoyable driving game, I wouldn't say it is the best "racing" game though.

Greatest cuntland sim tho no abos to run over and roos to total your car uleh

I have yet understood why this body kit is on here.

The first body kit isn't wide enough and this one is too wide to make a Devil Z.

Is the PC version still fucked or what?

so does it work on windows 7 or not?

PC performance is spotty at best, but I still love the game because I've been waiting for Forza on PC since I switched from Xbox. They claim that they will optimize it better with future updates but who knows anything for sure.

No because you have to use Windows 10

into the trash it goes

Anyone want free money?
List your most expensive car on the auction house for the most expensive price.
Tell me your gamertag.
I will buy it outright for the highest possible price just for you.

This may or may not ruin your game experience, but you also do not have to do this.
Just for guys who couldn't give a shit about grinding credits on goliath for the 100th time.

>Go to put HE Project 7 on
>Server not available

I'll keep trying. Tag is BipedCarnival02

sniffffins will be selling a F-Type HE for 10mil

>tfw it'll take 3 days to download

Fantastic game but not on PC. Yet.

Gonna wait for a proper PC demo, then fixes and then I will buy it.

>tfw used to have 1.5mbps download
>tfw moved across vountry and have 250mbps download

Is there a separate vape button in this game?

pls respond

Can you make mad max tier cars?

it's problematic

moving to brisbane soon hopefully get a better plan down there.

If your auctions are live post more information about them because going by gamertag is not showing anything.
Minimum bid? Minimum buyout?

The servers aren't letting us post auctions for whatever reason. I've tried like 6 times but ill keep going

I'm having way too much fun in the subaru brat

also the Ford Ranger rally truck is surprisingly fun to rip around in, that buttery rear suspension is pleasing to watch sway back and forth

Alright, reply to this comment when they're live.

yeah servers are acting up right now, can't share any photos

What's the closest I can get to this in FH3?

they call me the red comet..

youtube.com/watch?v=1GsQSJzmd1A

Audi Sport Quattro #2 S1

but that only has one engine :(

Someone make it happen!

Most areas have cable some have nbn. Am on old cable with 100/2.5 and consistently get 12MB/s plus through steam.

Brat is life

It's okay for what it is. Too arcade-y for me to love it

>You could win: Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition XP Boosted
>$2000

>still playing this game legitimately
Bro...
Get all the horizon cars with auction house and then pay to spin over and over again.
Leave your computer for 2 hours with a script going.
Enough money to buy every car and possibly inflate the economy.

i wanted to make a max camber mobile but you can't even give the cars that much camber in the first place

Is that a problem? You weird stancing nerd?
Also, why isn't the celica in this game a liftback.
Such a waste of space to make it the coupe.

Just had a street race where a [WAT] guy was driving this

SLRE has it

>performance issues will be addressed with future patches

Judging by what I see in fm apex, stuttering and fps drops after 2-3 races (happens to many people from low to top tier systems), I'd not be so sure...

I'll wait and see, at worst --> torrent

is this real life

Happens to me CONSTANTLY

Getting pissed off with it.

>tfw 72k
>Can't buy more spins as it'd put me 'low on funds'

I was lucky enough to snag the Project 7 Jag for 700k on the market, and also rolled the Mustang Boss HE later on, but I still feel you man.

I wanted to sell my HE Project 7 to but the servers were being fucking retarded

Same, I've been trying for hours but can't get anything on the market. I really want to sell the Mustang I just rolled for $11mil and keep rolling but the servers are haywire at the moment.

The servers have been fucking up CONSTANTLY since release.

I reckon Turn 10 are trying to use the same amount of servers for multi-platform as they would for just XBox so they're getting over loaded like fuck.

As much as I want to be mad at T10 and Playground for how half-assed this release feels, I can't say I'm not ecstatic to finally be playing my favorite series on PC.

What other mod are you using that gives you the air conditioner? Is the air conditioner metallic? I've tried numerous air conditioners and they've either been badly made, misfitted or discolored.

This.

While I've always been a GT fan, I've liked Forza for a long time. I've always wanted a game with Forza customisation and GT car selection for PC.

We have the selection via TDU, and now we have Horizon 3 and Apex. We just need a combination of the 2.

And we need a fucking game that's not in the claws of Microsoft and unnecessarily restricted to Windows 10 just so more dumbasses would buy that god awful operating system.

BRZ or GT86?

As much as I love the simracing games, their lack of customization has always left me craving Forza again.

GT86 every day.

Just bought this vidya and I got a question,
can you take the spoilers off/change the spoiler on wide body cars?

Yep, you can. Not a ton of options however.

It's the circle of Veeky Forums~

>No just doing operation Dobson

Come on nigga

PALTALA IS A FURFAG

Paltala is the one with the g25 that played TDU right?
He was chill when I spoke to him over a year ago.

Now it's a G27 and used to play TDU. Haven't touched that game for well over a year. And I've always been chill, I'm just also a furry.

Grats on your upgrade, do you also miss the G25's stick?
Rally with it was a blast, now it's either H or flappy...
>also a furry
It's your choice, nothing I can do about it, nor should waste energy complaining about, nor should others.

I haven't played much racing games, I've had the G27 on the table for a year and haven't connected it yet.

>Miss the G25's stick
The G27 has one, I'm using it right now.

Unless you mean the sequential shifter then I just set it up so 3rd and 4th are down and up respectively when in sequential mode.

And meh, everyone seems to find the furry thing funny. Doesn't bother me any more.

I mean this feature on the G25 that the g27 doesn't have.

Thought so. As I said I don't. I just set it up so 3rd and 4th do the same job.

So many ways to break a man, and one is not to give him an HE car

if only getting money while sleeping was this easy in real life

can i hav som pls

I need the fucking servers to sort themselves out. Then you can buy my HE Project 7...

>tfw spent like 1m on spins in total
>Got shitty cars and 5k prizes.

What is so great about horizon edition cars?

You had to sleep for 12 hours, I've got this in 8h.

You can sell them on Auction house for 11.1m

whats the deal with online in this game
i thought it was all open world multiplayer stuff but everytime i go online freeroam there like 5 or 6 people only

GT86

Same PI with better braking.

>dirt rally
>turn effects, engines, and surfaces volume down as low as they will go (50%)
>leave speech as high as it will go (100%)
>still regularly struggle to hear the co-driver over the fucking car

They exist

Enjoying it so far, but I'm annoyed by how much handholding there is.
I don't remember FH2 forcing me to do so much shit.

Check your audio settings, you're probably playing 5.1 on stereo speakers.

so with forza horizon 3, can I just instantly find a full online race with matchmaking and every? I was fucking pissed with how the new NFS did multiplayer, I just want to wait around and shitpost until I get matched up in a race and go back to shitposting until another race starts up

I'm using the headphones setting, and I am listening to it through headphones.

The hand holding has REALLY pissed me off.

>New showcase, go do it
>'Nah, Id' rather do more races first.'
>No seriously, set your waypoint to the showcase or you can't get off the map.
>'Fine, I'll set it then go do races'
>Nah. Them races won't even show up brah. Shoehorning you into this showcase.

Yes the "adventure" mode. The quality of racing is awful though. Not that i am expecting iRacing tier quality, but people just drive so awful. If you are in front you will be used as a brake, if you overtake they turn directly into you to make sure you both crash. It's just awful... Collision needs to be disabled in online MP because people can't drive for shit.

All of these asshole online drivers is starting to piss me off

if its anything like GTA online racing, Its manageable. although, do they deliberately slow your car down when you're in first place?

That's a setting that all the noob hosts leave on. It kills all the fun

Does anyone know if FH3 supports Logitech g27? Not the bullshit 90 degrees of angle, the whole 900.

Also it's worse in Forza. People drive like absolute shit, in GTAV it's bad but manageable.

>tfw you fell for the PS4 meme and don't want to upgrade to Wingoy 10 but the game looks really good

People will slam into you just before a checkpoint to make you miss it

Are the servers still shitting themselves or can you start auctions now?

install windows 10 on a different hard drive so you aren't fucked with that mess on your main machine

This. Online is horrible since the normal release