freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h7KxgqQzTak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GMS2 beta's open again lads, get it while it's hot

>p
>game maker
hahah

This is my first time using surface in GM:S, can anyone help me figure out why I'm not seeing this line drawn to the screen?

I'm trying to draw somehting at base resolution and then scale it up, so there will be no mixels

>>p

what

see OP

So you ment Professional? And Gamemaker isn't professional?

We are in the big league now boys.

Critique on another one of my advertising images appreciated.

Too many goddamn words

> Big league
> 5 posters

> Where amateur has 50

free version is "windows test version"
why shud i use it?

Oops ment 154 posters.

It was a fucking joke you nerds.

This is agdg.

> Lol I was only pretending to be retarded
> Joke's on you!

I urge you to stop trying.

What is this nightmarish hellscape?

This can't be real, right?

did he cried?

what the fuck

Do you think oversaturation of the market and the need to appeal to everyone is failing to create new consumers?
It used to be that you got yes made especially for kids and gales for teenagers and adults but nowadays you see 9 year olds playing call of duty and the non call of duty games more often than not share mechanics for the sake of it
A kid growing up nowadays would think hitman is the same as Batman games and who could blame them?
Granted pc is a safe heaven with tons of games but too many games + too little exposure + a group of assholes that want to monopolize the non AAA market for themselves

How do you make portals like these in Unity?

>failing to create new consumers?
Gaming has been opening up new markets for years now, and its revenue rivals that of movies and music in the west
While AAA must take the safe route and make games that have a large appeal, indie games has risen to fill the many niches left behind.

that has nothing to do with gaming itself and its completely because of economical growth and globalism, there are plenty of countries that jumped from a snes t a playstation 2 and to an xbox 360 a couple years later
indiegames fill the niche
>on pc
>with no media exposure so good luck finding out about them
>with a widespread idea that indie games are ony dear esther or rougelikes

like it or not /v/ and reddit is our audience

I'd probably make all the geometry overlapping, and use a combination of camera culling masks and shaders to selectively view each portal realm

I'm here. I'd love to help you in any way I can (I'm not really good at anything inn particular, but even the smallest role would be fine). As I said, what you're making is basically my dream game and I'm not confident I can make it on my own, at least not with my current level of ability.

I don't have steam though, but I do have discord. Otherwise we can keep in touch by mail or something.

> tfw working on 5 small projects
> always hard to decide which one I want to focus on for the day

isn't that unity?

the skybox on the left looks like the default unity one

Who /gamemaker2/ here?

I understand, atleast from a graphical standpoint, but I think in Unity you can only have one skybox material per scene and it almost looks like the is transitioning scenes, even though it could be also that the only real skybox the the standard Unity one in the left portal and all the other skyboxes are just 3d spheres or something, even though I still don't fully understand how you would transition objects smoothly through portals.

So is anyone here actually in the GM2 beta?

Are there any actual relevant features you can tell us about apart from "drag 'n' drop = blueprints now" and "wow you can draw fire while it's animating".

Since the Unity skybox is very limited you probably need to write your own shader or do the Source trick if you want a 3D one.

>have slacked off working on my games for months
>was working with GM:S
>GM:S 2 is now in beta
Made me realize how much of a nodev I am. I-I guess I'll make my game on GM:S 2. I had always envisioned making it on GM:S, but now...

So how is /agdg/ feeling about it? Have they fixed the most problematic parts of GM:S? Anything new that is radically different/better so far?
Had this in my emails, haven't watched it yet but have a look : youtube.com/watch?v=h7KxgqQzTak

me

though I'm not going to anything with it until it launches properly

I've only messed around with it for like 15 minutes, but you can tell it's designed to be easier to work in. UI is a lot more customizable, things flow nicely.

Also Animated backgrounds and tiles, plus the ability to view animations in the room editor is really nice

That place must have a fuckhuge waiver to sign

>multiple layers of safety to catch the kid after the first hole.
>Unluckly falls through each hole while spinning.

KEK

did he died?

looks familiar...
game about raping campers?

>gogem thinks he invented that kind of UI
wow man, just wow

No gogem I didn't copy you.

i invented radial UI selection of your mom's genitals

that proves you did in fact copy my concept of radial UI in raping simulators.

>not knowing how to format your date properly
its right in every Veeky Forums post you cretins

So where is your game?

I bought GM:S while I've been working with another toolset, and I told myself I'd use it when I finish up.

I have yet to finish my first project and now GM:S 2 is coming out. I say fuck it, if GM:S 2 is a massive improvement I'll just bite the bullet and buy it at a discount

on itchio and steam

Why not here?

Veeky Forums doesnt have any infrastructure for selling games.

Would anyone know how to fix this?

I'm currently using
Quaternion.LookRotation(movement, hit.transform.up)
which works except for when going up and down it seems to flip the rotation it should be doing.

>unity crashes every other time playing in editor

Why do you post here?

thats deep

>owlboy releases
>it's yet another amazing 2D indie game made in game maker

reminder that if you're making a 2D game in ANYTHING other than GM, you're a fool

Daily reminder that ironic, self aware shitposting is still shitposting

>owlboy
>gamemaker

Are you SURE, user? I thought it was XNA

wikipedia says XNA

Kek, who the hell thought this is a good idea. Kinda reminds of fucking around with garrysmod ragdolls.

Give me an idea i can finish in a week.

Tic Tac Toe

I got scrolling level transitions working. It was a huge pain to get working with the camera trapping system.

Doesn't show up well in the pic but the hardware visualizer reacts to things now, unfortunately its either a fake 5-15%, or maxed out at 100 for the most part. Maybe making each poll bar an average of the last two would make it look nicer.

>shoot rounded white space squares
>they bleed

they are filled with meat in case the other robots get hungry

Looks pretty frantic for how cute the art is

So how does ludum dare work if you enter the compo? Do you have to provide a stream/recording of your entire process so they make sure you aren't using old libraries/assets?

I mean I wouldn't cheat regardless. But how do they know people aren't using old libraries that they made themselves?

> Call thread professional
> shit posting stops immediately

I'm actually impressed.

I also have non-scrolling transitions looking better now, though they are more suited for doors that are in the middle of levels instead of on the edge.

Hachiko has a hard life.

>implying young girls spend their time on the computer
>implying girls have messy rooms
>implying girls dev
>implying girls wear no pants at home
>implying NEET girls exist
>further implying NEET girls are cute
TRIGGERED

Progresso report part 2

Does agdg like these colors edition?

That's because googs is sleeping

If you know anything about ss13, you know that it has a shitty closed source engine of Byond that severely limits it. As coders of ss13, we always secretly or openly desire to remake it on a different engine, in fact you could say this is the ultimate goal of any ss13 coder. The problem has always been that not a single group has ever gotten past the backend stages, we cant choose an engine that works, we cant decide what libraries should be used, we're a mess.

So /pgdg/, what is the best route of attack to remake ss13, what is the best engine for it? Is it even possible for a bunch of developers who have never seen the inside of a game engine to create one for their needs?

We need:
>good 2D support
>networking
>multiplayer functionality, 20-100+ players range
>open source, to fix the primary reason Byond kills us
>relatively speedy language, no VM bullshit like Byond was
>compiles and runs on Linux+Windows (no one gives a fuck about apple)
>clientside processing with thin client, Byond has given us literally ZERO clientside processing of any kind

Social Interaction Trainer got released on Steam
its sad that it wasn't a bigger deal on /agdg/ but thats the price of namefag notoriety

>tfw all of these apply to me
Don't just go on assuming we don't exist, user.

traps are not girls

>paying for flash minigame

thanks doc

rotate yourself 360d and leave

Better stop writing such shitty code

I was planning on making something VERY similar (basically SS13 but with old school MUD interface) to this, basically NOPE'd the fuck out once I realised how complex it would be.

I tried reading "Game Engine Architecture" but that book kind of sucked. IDK what other books might be better.

What's less time consuming, 2D or 3D?

Would you play a game where you were a cute wolf or fox girl?

2D

Is the game good?

I don't care about character design.

Yes I awoould

>Want to pirate shitty old game for reference
>Pirate Bay claims it's too dangerous without paying for VPN

Are they just making an excuse to start shilling or is it actually too dangerous to pirate?

bunny should be standing vertical anyways.

Yeah, the fact that no reasonable ss13 dev has any experience with engines or networking has really been what caused the ss13 'curse'. Every one of us wants it, but absolutely no one has the knowledge or experience to make a backend for it, we've even tried piling onto various projects that have promise but they always fail due to poor choices and arguments over the engine architecture.

There's not enough of this type of game.

I think for now I might just go back to that. but they did in mario 64!!

In my years of pirating I have never gotten a copyright claim from anyone other than a big movie studio and a select few television networks. You're fine.

>honeypot bay
medium goy

>this type of game.

HE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION GAMEPLAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had one of these things

No way that guy didn't know which one would set it off, the trigger tooth has a very slight resistance to it that he should have been able to feel.

So I added some sounds to the ice sword and now frozen dudes explode into icicles and ice cream.

It's just shilling. Normal users don't need VPN.

You only would need VPN if you torrented fucktons of shit and seeded more than you downloaded (on public tracker).

I think the triple A monopoly is creating an feeling of despondence among gamers. A lack of creativity and innovation in triple A titles is forcing consumers to look for other niche gaming markets. This is good for indie games in my opinion. Let the big gaming companies dig their own graves and smaller game developers can reap the rewards. Creative focus generates innovation. Forcing rules and lack of resources on indie projects pushes indie developers to come up with new and original game ideas that can be done on a small budget. Experienced gamers love those kinds of games, because they are fresh.

Personally I think there are two kinds of people, gamers and non-gamers. Games appeal to a large percentage of the population, but some people just don't like them, regardless of platform. An over-saturated market forces developers to push their games beyond industry expectations and thus, rise to the top of the pile.

Overcrowding is good, it saps resources and makes species more aggressive. We, as indie developers, can use this saturation to push our products and appeal to despondent gamers who have grown sick of the triple A markets.

This is the greatest time in history to be an independent developer. Small teams, creative projects, limited deadlines, no publishers, crowd funding, making games for gamers rather than suits.

Get into it boys, make those games.

3rd person ARPG.

what if the guys who played were drunk? I mean I wouldnt do that if I weren't really hammered.

So what game are you making for Dino Jam?

Well I'm sure it's technically simpler to angle the whole character than to adjust foot placement to prevent excessive clipping. And for something like Sonic where you're running loops or those Bowser parts in M64 where you basically run vertical up those special walls it makes sense. But bodies in the real world do not tilt perpendicular to angled ground obviously because they'd be off balance.