Pretend you were me. You are going to buy a new small truck (or as small as you can get new nowadays)

Pretend you were me. You are going to buy a new small truck (or as small as you can get new nowadays).

You are only ever going to tow small project cars or an A-frame trailer so even a base V6 will get the job done.

You want a regular or access cab because you're buying a truck, not an SUV.

You don't need 4x4 because you aren't going to Moab, just the local campgrounds.

Where would you look first? I think Dodge is out of the question. Not big on their build quality and lack of QC. Toyota seems nice but there is a noticeable price premium.

Grab a Chebby or a Ferd. Basic trucks like what you need can occasionally be had for pretty deep discounts, and should do everything you want.

Frontiers, though not what they used to be in my opinion, are also worth a look.

>Pretend you were me.
Ok, I am thinking about dick, sucking dick and getting butt slammed by a twink
> only ever going to tow
Tacoma is a little tapped out towing a jeep xj when you consider the total weight trailer and all.
> don't need 4x4
I'm more of a gigantic faggot than I thought. 2wd is useless and most gas mileage suck comes from the bottom being of the ground and the brick shape. You're fucking stupid to seek out a 2wd because some time somewhere you'll want it and then you'll be proper fucked, unlike your boyfriend.

>mfw I drive a 2wd base model 4cyl tacoma

There's absolutely no reason why a road truck would need 4x4

It's just wasted money

>b-but resale
Assuming OP keeps the truck for a long time, resale doesn't matter much at all.

>buying a new truck
get a Frontier or Tacoma or Ranger v66 for

>Frontier
Utter garbage

Garbage new at 25k+? Yes. Garbage at 10k or less? No.

Fiat Strada

With Toyota you get what you pay for. They hold their value for a reason.

Based on current fuel economy numbers between the colorado and "full size" trucks. I would consider the f150 with the 3.5NA with a RCLB or SCLB. I got a SCLB 5.0 v8 that I mostly use for work. Naturally no 4x4 as its not needed even in snow.

Average 15 around town and 18-22 highway.

Whatever you'll pick, you have to be very careful about how to spec it out, otherwise you'll be stuck at a 3500 lbs tow rating which is absolutely nothing as soon as you're trying to tow a vehicle.

I'd like to believe that the Tacoma's premium price is justified by the quality compared to the Colorado/Canyon but it does get expensive rather quickly (I tried it out just now and the cheapest way to get the tow package seems to be a SR5 V6 costing $33k).

GM will definitely have the price advantage but I'm not a friend of their quality and engines (dad just got rid of a GM vehicle this week), though you might find a liking in the Canyon.

The Frontier on the other hand is absolutely not up my alley, looks far too cheap and utilitarian on the inside for a day to day private vehicle, which usually also means it'll have a work vehicle tier noise insulation and ride quality.

Mercedes metris

Is a Ridgeline too expensive?

Big American trucks can be incredibly cheap for whatever reason though.

>buying a truck at all to make it a road truck

Fuck
2wd
Pussy

>buying a truck without 4x4 and only a v6

Why would you cuck yourself?

Colorado or Canyon. With the baby diesel if you can afford it.

Go get a used 2wd diesel. Cheap but reliable and power for days. The single cabs have less meme tax on them. A bricknose f250 would be ideal.

Don't fucking do what I did and buy an old Jeep Comanche for it because 'dood I always wanted on let's kill two birds lol'

Buy a fucking used INTACT Ranger for Christ's sake

>flogrown
Faggot

When on God's green earth would he ever flip the t-case handle? He's never going to go wheeling and my dollar says he's somewhere like texas where he would literally never need it.

Tacoma V6 4X4. Look at how much they sell for used. Get sick of it or need bigger or smaller? Sell it for close to what you paid for it. That being said, you can get access cab and single cab F-150s for fairly cheap, especially with the employee pricing on right now. Take a look at what your local Ford dealer has going on. Just stay away from the eco-boost versions. The fuel economy isn't as great as it's made out to be..

The new Chevy colorado in V6 is badass m8. Its gets more than 300hp which is more than a lot of V8s out there today. Plus its not as expensive as a fullsize pickup. And it'll last a fucking lifetime.

Fuck new, just buy a ranger.

That Mexican VW Pickup.

That cab is massive for a ute

>not buying a diesel
>not buying 4wd
>buying a 1/2 ton or smaller

Why would you EVER want to own a KEKtruck???

ISHYGDDT

That's what I did.
Also.
There's a guy in Cali that owns a 2000 Ranger that I owe a picture of my ranger to and if he's readin this thread, i'll post one up.

I've heard reliability issues with the ranger rehaul and how you need to tune it up to go offroading.

I also fucking hate the look of the front side and all these weird, rounded curls. Fuck it's ugly.

>Frontier
pls no

OP here, thread update

Went out and bought a regular cab Silverado 1500 LS

$23k

>poverty spec 2WD

Kek.

you buyin a truck or a lexus boy?

>Its gets more than 300hp which is more than a lot of V8s out there today

The only V8 I can think of that makes less than 300hp is the 4.8L that's available in fleet GM vans.

>lives in the suburbs
>buying a 2WD truck

Ok little guy.

i live in america, i don't wait for the communist state to apportion me my Trabant

First Gen. Tundra (2006 if you can). Probably one of my favorite trucks of this century.

>Frontiers, though not what they used to be, are also worth a look.

What? The Frontier hasn't changed at all since ever.

good to see another regular cab out there

>buying new
>RCSB depreciation
>base model
>v6
literally worthless and you spent 23k.

why wouldn't you just get an older one?

Ayy
Bought it at 226K and 260K and change now.
Love the tits out of this little truck, even after living out of it for 4 months (a couple months after this pic was taken)

i use index funds for investing, this here's a truck

F-150s dude. Old U5.0Ls would do something like 215HP. My turbo V6 4l Ranger gets more than that

The upside to the weak V8 is the longevity and reliabilty up to something like 500 000miles stock

Sounds like you want a base model colorado/Canyon.

I just traded mine in for a Ranger once the interiors started blowing up individually.