Can we get a VIN check thread going?

Hey aut/o/bots. Going out to look at a 2000 f150 today, the deal seems too good and I think the vehicle may have been in a flood. If anyone can help it would be hugely appreciated!

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5802188402.html

VIN: 1FTRX18L2YNB35776

bumping for big trux

another bump

I'd like to get

IHGEM21195L071041

I'm pretty sure it's a typo, though, and that the actual VIN would be

JHGEM21195L071041

OP here, neither of those VINs are valid for a civic that I know of.

My 99 Ram was half that with lower miles but it's rusty (and a Chrysler) what makes you think it's been in a flood?

nvm definitely made a mistake there, that is a valid VIN

It's a texas truck, so rust doesn't typically come about on vehicles, granted this is Dallas so there is snow. He said he replaces the front drive shaft because it snapped at the U joint while driving it due to rust.

That's weird as fuck especially for the front. Might it have been used as a snow plow truck? Look for suspicious front mounts.

Maybe. I've been playing around with VIN decoders, I think it might also be

1HGEM21195L071041

, since at least one site can parse that and get the correct year out of it.

The guy says it's his mom's truck, he posted the same ad to a Mustang forum, claiming the same thing. THey're trying to sell it to take care of estate costs. It looks in good enough shape. I'm meeting him in a couple hours, guess I'll just check the frame rails and suspension to the best of my ability.

bumping again because Veeky Forums is a dead board.

Yeah just take it on a test drive then crawl around under it beating any rusty shit with a hammer

plz someone look this up for me

JH4DA9368MS062709

JM1FD3310P0208877

Thank you!

Veeky Forums isn't dead, VIN threads are dead because the normal vin user had the account he did the checks on suspended and now he's getting anally ravaged in minimum security prison.

NJ plate XDTD54

Plz vin guy

5tetu62n16z15840

Thanks in advance

THERE ARE NO MORE VIN CHECKS. PLEASE FUCK OFF.

What the hell happened to MightyBenz?

When is everyone going to realize the em2 was the shittiest civic ever made?

Literally It doesn't take a lot of effort to search the archive.

wait, he's actually in prison? For VIN checks?

Should be a 1994 Corvette

1g1yy22P6R5105197

Thanks in advance!