/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Reseting Reactors Edition

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft-recurrent-complex.wikia.com/wiki/Disabling_Structures
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/245319-magmaox-mod
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thats a big hole

why are those pipes so fucking thick

which ones, the cryo-stabalized fluxducts?
or the actual pipes?

I believe they're the cryo-stabilized red-flux ducts from thermal expansion, they're a pain in the butt to make but they have unlimited throughput which is nice when you're dealing with reactor scale energy.

5th for Dahserb

>tfw need to get a bunch of ender pearls

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL

check your privilege

Lookin' good.

Aw yeah. First drilling rig pulled up natty gas.

Well, well...
Will you find David Bowie in this area?

Rate, comment, subscribe, suggest, etc.

>Witchery will never update ever again
God has abandoned us.

>install Recurrent Complex
>ruined houses litter the world, neat
>giant waypoint torches, neat
>game really likes generating those giant castles with a fuckton of chests and beds, eeh...
>meteor craters are so common they're an eyesore, not to mention a massive fire hazard
>wooden bridges are also common and always generated in places they really should not belong in
>big dungeons look amazing from the outside, but are 1x2 corridor maze claustrophobiafests on the inside
>that's all the generated structures it seems to generate
>doesn't seem to generate anything underground
am i doing something wrong, was i supposed to download an addon for good shit to generate or something?

Hello everyone!

Recurrent complex is a SYSTEM for generating custom worldgen.
It comes preloaded with a few structures.
It has basic worldedit functionality, and of course, schematic stuff too.

You could probably find files for some cool structures online.

>make an attempt at making a modpack generator that can work and configure easily with just mouse clicks
>decide to add select all
>700 mod modpack
dear lord save me from this pain and suffering

also I should add that you can and should disable those metors.
Annoying as fug.
minecraft-recurrent-complex.wikia.com/wiki/Disabling_Structures

>custom made modpack of 98 mods
>constant 60+ fps no matter how retarded I crank up the settings
>ftb modpack of 66 mods
>runs like absolute ass
what

ftb

>chickenchunks
well
that explains it

nice bloatallurgy, faggot

if you're on homoserb, I'll sell you pearls for thaumcraft equipment

is there a mod that removes grass? the plant version you can break to get seeds? it makes minecraft look absolutely disgusting.

>26k ender pearls

i don't know this feel.

>building mob farms
might as well play creative if you're just gonna gift yourself a ton of items after a 1-time setup.

isn't that that new netherrack block? did it (and the other ones from 1.10/1.11) get backported tà 1.7.10

because it's tremendously fun to chase down endermen in the end. nearly every mod approaches MAWPC after enough time spent in game, even greg, it's just a matter of how long it takes to get there and what resources it consumes.

>chasing down endermen
this is the bullshit i'm talking about. why would you bother? after an hour or two you'd have a chest's worth of ender pearls. at that point you might as well have just spawned them in.

because some mods have ridiculous demands on ender pearls. and when you've killed a giant heap of endermen 37,231,596 times it's not quite as enjoyable doing it again.

besides i was farming grudge for my botes too. :^)

because automating things is more fun than doing them yourself.
spawning things in requires little to no effort, mob grinders at least require infrastructure.

Yep.
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/245319-magmaox-mod

Can someone explain forking to me? I assume it's to get some content from certain mods without actually installing said mods?

So is there anyway I can get this area back to it's original biomes to fix the weather back to snow instead of rain? Preferably without killing the node?

In software development, forking means taking a (usually open source) software, and starting to develop your own versions of said software, often while the original line is still in development.

>I assume it's to get some content from certain mods without actually installing said mods?
You could fork a mod for that, but mostly if the mod is dead, or has a large amount of unwanted/shitty features (aka bloat). Though, nobody would fork a mod only to remove some things thet don't use, unles they are severely autistic.

>doesn't seem to generate anything underground
I've seen a few of the things it generates underground, they're rare as fuck but always a pleasant surprise when you do find them.
And you might start to love the mod when you find the fuckhuge structures like the Japanese shrine something and the fucking gigantic desert camp.

>install recurrent complex because dem ruins bruh
>only get those huge gear thingies in deserts and those "craters", like, what the fuck, they don't even look like craters
>disable them
>get nothing
>uninstall recurrent complex

i thought it was obvious i was making fun of people who claim MAWPC.

or maybe you were just using this as an opportunity to shit on their dumb reasoning.

>merely pretending to be retarded

i'm a really really really smart guy and i need to take a break sometimes and act dumb. it's fun

Why don't I have to do all the fancy processes that you have to do in real life to isolate aluminium from ore in Minecraft?

you do in Gregtech :^)

according to user, anything he doesn't use is "bloat", so...

I haven't played Minecraft in a while

I'm thinking of starting up again and using Ars Magica 2 with Mystcraft for a game as an explorer

Any mods that make exploration worthwhile instead of biomes and biomes of nothing?
Or create cities/villages that are worth finding?

Recurrent Complex (needs some tinkering)
Doomlike Dungeons
Roguelike Dungeons
Chocolate Quest (if it doesn't crash)

Also look into mods that add whole dimensions, with their own flora, fauna, items, dungeons, and bosses, like Erebus and Twilight Forest.

Millénaire would've been good for villages if it didn't break things more often than not.

Witchery improves vanilla villages, give them walls and guards.

Also what this guy just said

Thanks to you both

This should kill a weekend

>witchery
Yeah I forgot about that. The village improvements alone are enough to install it.

>take villager
>give it a bow and skeleton AI
>make him shoot at bad guys
>villager life expectancy suddenly quadruples

Who would've thought of that? Apparently, not Mojang. Again.

>start roguelike dungeons
>come out with leather pants of INFINITE PROTECTIONS and STYLISH HAT

Is there any mod that allows you to add special skills to mobs?
I want to make interesting bosses that teleport around and mess with you.

By the way,
all these books are rea books you can read and find small hints about lore or items in the castle. Should I set my autism loose here or reading is for faggots?

Infernal Mobs might be what you want, but some of the modifiers are downright bullshit in my opinion, so I disable those.

warning about IM and your idea of teleporting mobs. IM's method is shit and often teleports mobs into the ground where they suffocate to death. If them teleporting midfight is important to you, IM is not the way to go about it sadly.

Thanks. My idea would be to make some bosses with Custom NPCs and then add some interesting skills so they don't just charge at you or spam ranged attacks.
It wouldn't be for regular mobs. I'll check that one out, though.

That'll all come in 1.12, along with black nether brick and brown bears.
>Still playing 1.7.10
I guess you don't like fresh content.

1.12, with no useful mods in sight

Any guesses as to when the next mod stop point will be?

Where everyone will stop updating their mods until Mojang stops updating every week?

You don't mods, you have the Illagers and woodland mansion expansions to look forward to.

I cant wait for Microsoft to turn updates into dlcs.
>/mcg/ guide when

>no brown bricks

Mojang really needs to up their game.

>microjew tries
>gets sued because it was already promised to all alpha buyers that all future updates and additional content to minecraft would be free for them

That and Mojang has made enough money from Minecraft that free updates aren't harmful nor damaging to their sales/stocks/etc.

>>gets sued because it was already promised to all alpha buyers that all future updates and additional content to minecraft would be free for them
people were also promised an assload of content and features but nobody decided to sue over those
>tfw there's probably like 5 people here that got on the train from the start of minecraft
>i'm one of them
kill me

I probably got on a little later, but I remember Notch posting on /v/.

I'm not saying he is a good game designer, but man his updates were much, much more exciting than what those mouthbreathers are shitting out nowadays.

Did he ever visit this general? When was the last time he posted on /v/?

Stick your tongue out if you feel pretty today.

Ho-ho, what's this?

This is an FTB modpack, can you spot the biggest offenders of performance, and why you shouldn't use pre-made modpacks?

I'd say code chickenshit and shitania.

I don't know about you but those half a billion wailia nei addons every crams into their assholes bricks my machines. Oh are you going to look at that block or recipe? Let me load terrabytes of shit for you at every moment all the time.

Journeymap and Waila are known to be fucking shit alongside with codechickencore (who the fuck uses chickenchunks anyhow)

1.7.10 itself has a huge issue with chunkloading being FUCKING SHIT

>Did he ever visit this general?
I'm pretty sure Veeky Forums didn't exist back then

Is there a good english guide on how to use the Bamboo Mod?

Librarian done with some nice surprise for Castlevania fans.

There's so far about 20 small books you can read that reveal hints about lore and bosses, about the world itself or about the location of some items. What do?

Wait are there literally people who play without NEI for recipes?

>see people shitting on journeymap
>see people shitting on rei's
>see people shitting on mapwriter
JUST TELL ME WHICH MINIMAP TO USE REEEE

journeymap is the most complete and convenient one to use, but it is the heaviest and most taxing on your system. if you can handle it without lag, use that. disabling some of the entity tracking might reduce the lag

They're all shit
pen and paper your way out of hell you fucking casual

whats the least laggy one?

Why do you need a map?
Build your own landmarks and follow them home

Or plant torches and follow them at night

>Etho calls out the Torcherino mod for being MAWPC bullshit
Thank you based only non cancerous MC youtuber

probably mapwriter

More like mawpcriter

literally what
are you one of those "waypoints are cheaty" fags? if so you can fuck right off

Waypoints are fine, but the minimap that shows enemies is dumb. I also don't like how it invalidates vanilla maps

journeymap does it too
there's a "non-cheaty" version of it and you can also disable it in mapwriter, it's really not a big deal

how not ded is trainserb

Everyone knows torcherino is MAWPC
The other members on the serb go by the mindset that "playing modded is the time for MAWPC" since they have other series where they actually do normal shit.

I am glad etho didn't fall into the torcherino mindset. Everyone else on the server seems to be using it to some extent

>iskal going full tome of alkahest/torcherino

Doesn't the compass always point to your bed / spawn point?
How can you get lost?
Or do you go out without a compass?

It points toward the world spawn, not your bed. So it's basically useless. And waypoints are often used to mark points of interest, not just your home.

this is the worst general i've ever lurked in and i've lurked in all of them

>threadly reminder that in over a year since this was made no one on /mcg/ has bested it

Really? That's sad then, that's not even particularly noteworthy.

there's one that draws biomes in a zelda style that doesn't invalidate vanilla maps
it's okay i guess

you clearly haven't

>babby's first circle tool
Post builds anyway.

>doesn't even use the storage cells from that one essentia piping guide an user made
LOL

literally looks like someone looked at an ouya and went
"yeah"
"thats what i want to build"