/truck/ - truck thread thing

post your truck. masturbate to Veeky Forumsther trucks
talk about truck related memes. it's all good.

>pic related- my 85 f150 with 302 v8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S4_nRvlslDc
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5807317171.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hey /truk/

whats a good, reliable smol truck that i can daily comfortably?

Preferably 4 cylinder. I don't need a fullsize truck as i only haul small things like furniture, my dogs and sometimes floortiles/other building materials.

I was looking at these ford rangers with extended cabs. I know the rear "seats" are unusuable but i do like the extra space.

I've looked at tacomas and hardbodies but on the same price range of the ranger they're fucking ugly and dull.

also doesnt need to be 4x4 but i want to not fear getting stranded in flash floods and extreme weather.

Is your 302 as useless as the one in my 1994?

ranger or explorer sport trac

the toyota smol truck i dont remember what its called

thats about it

no its perf~~

i get to do nice smoky burnouts

What been done to it?

next to nothing. its almost completely stock. im waiting for the motor to blow up so i can drop a small diesel in it.

As someone who had a 4cyl mini truck, dont get it. If you must go the mini truck route get the v6, the i4 is such a dog. You'll be revving it to 4k just to keep up with traffic

This 4cylinders suck ass. Although i dont regret my purchase. I do wish i had gotten a V6 not a 4.

Get an S10 faggot they are bulletproof

Looking for advice and opinions. If you were me, what would you do:

1) Buy a new F-150.
2) Buy a $2,500 shitbox on Craigslist

The $2,500 shitbox makes the most financial sense, obviously, but I can definitely afford a new truck too.

There are some serious mountains about 3 hours/200 miles away from my house, so I'd like to be reasonably comfortable on the road.

My major concern, though, is that it's me and my wife and that's it. I can't call anybody to pick me up if my $2,500 shitbox breaks down on the road, or worse, on the trail.

Think the security of a new vehicle is really worth a 10x increase in price?

no. buy the shitbox, and with the leftover money get AAA.

Ranger-posting
Here's my 05

good looking truck you got there.

muh truck

Where 2 cop license plate?

Can't your wife pick you up? Why not buy yourself a shitbox and buy your wife one too, all for less than a new F-150? What is this, Saudi Arabia?

Veeky Forums.net/store/products/16472847/

Thank, love the truck too, rangers a best
manual?

sorry, but it's automatic
also 3.0L V6, which I guess alot of people don't like. I love my truck though

Dodge
Rampage

True half ton capabilities, i4 2.2l with a decent amount of pep (was self proclaimed the first sports truck by dodge), reasonable bed size and a little space behind the seats to carry a few sets of tools to repair the numerous problems that could pop up. They also go for dirt cheap, and have fairly inexpensive parts that are still readily available. Only issue I've had with mine parts wise was getting a more permanent solution to the shifter linkage, which I solved by making myself (not hard, no welding necessary).

It'll never be the best at any one thing, but 25 miles to the gallon, 0-50 in 6.6secs if the commercials are to be believed, engines are notoriously bulletproof, they're often overlooked for guys looking for small trucks and by old car collectors so they go for cheap, and front wheel drive to help you out in poor traction scenarios.

Square body Dodge is best body Dodge

The big ugly bastard

Fuck forgot the pic

Truck stuff

>trailer_park_parade.jpg

Thinking about changing the wheels and possibly installing the OEM LED lights from a King Ranch/Platinum

Other than that, I can't wait to take a road trip in it soon.

Truck stuff part 2 electric boogaloo

Get a van.

Get a van.

Get out.

It may be ugly but this truck was fully loaded and it was a snow commander package

Pretty sure it had every option

I like that grille which trim is your truck?

Is that like a special package or something? Never seen a blacked out XLT before.

>Mad because I'm right

Yep it's an XLT. Texas Edition added the grille, luxury options, etc.

Not bad for $28k, and I finally got my tonneau cover installed.

Wow $28k. sounds like a good bargain.

How much would you guys say a truck in this condition was worth? Assuming everything else was in the same condition as what you see here.

Bad pic but only one I have right now, my truck on the right, my pops on the left. Both 22re.

Depends on your area, in California that's a 2k truck.

But vans are for faggots...

What if I told you it made 290 HP and 310 ft-lbs at the wheels?

2010 ranger. V6 4.0L extended cab. Fits 3 people comfortably due to the sideways seating arrangement. Plus in cab carrying space is a HUGE plus.

You can find cheap 02s for like $3500. Ride it until dead or upgrade when engines fail.

Ratchet 6-8 cinderblocks in the bed and you'll be able to offroad with ease. You get a lot of tyre spin otherwise. Even on the dry terrain

52 Fargo

>S10 Autotragic V6 Ext can

Im thinking of getting a single cab manual V6

Is there such thing as a decent handling mini truck? I hate the slowness of my S10 and despise the body roll.

Ute. Any truck without independent suspension (so non-off roaders)

So the possibility doesnt exist for me. Thanks senpai

Although i did see someone selling a IRS converted Datsun minitruck some time ago. Might have been KA or SR swapped as well

You could build one with custom suspensions but it won't be worth it. People make suspensions either for dirt or paved path - not both

My old Colorado had great handling but only because it was V6 RWD. My new Ranger can't execute the same turns going at 40 like my colorado could and skids / drifting is a lot weirder on the road.
Offroading handles around 10x better though

You could build one with custom suspensions but it won't be worth it. People make suspensions either for dirt or paved path - not both

My old Colorado had great handling but only because it was V6 RWD. My new Ranger can't execute the same turns going at 40 like my colorado could and skids / drifting is a lot weirder on the road.
Offroading handles around 10x better thoughb

youtu.be/S4_nRvlslDc

This is an S10 with a boat anchor 305. You're probably better off with your 4.3.

My Ranger

05 edge checkin in

just put some sandbags in the back for this winter, drives a lot smoother now

popthehood.jpg

Get a Lincoln Town Car

>truck engine
>mercedes level comfort

Wouldn't pay that much more for a v6 aluminum "truck"

thats a built 357 c.i. SBC making 390whp with a WCT5 manual trans

also even the lowest output 305 sbc (180hp) is similar hp/torque to the v6 4.3l

my 4.3l v6 is only 175hp 240 ftlb

My bad, you're right. I didn't realize he put a real engine in it. Lowest output 305 was 120 *gross* horsepower.

It'll look something like this, but with plumbing. I've been triple checking my shopping list and I'm fairly certain I can get no less than 300 BHP for no more than $2000, including the purchase price of the truck. I'm mildly curious how much Veeky Forums thinks it would be worth when I'm done with it. Unfortunately, there's no way it's ever going to get titled in California afterward, so I'm probably missing out on a lucrative market there.

I'm looking for a full size 4x4 truck as an adventure/camping rig but I also would have to use it for a DD. Mostly wanting a truck made in the 2000's, I think a manual transmission would be fun but they are only in 3/4 ton trucks. How bad of an idea would it be to DD a 3/4 ton truck just because I want a manual transmission?

I bet I have the shittiest truck in this thread

Can yours drive on the freeway?

I can do 120 km/h going downhill so sort of

Mine redlines at 60. Of course, it doesn't give a shit whether that's uphill or down or with a tailwind or towing a boat or whatever.

Posting my shitbox, just replaced the rear tires that lasted less than 20,000 miles before going completely bald.

>they're rated for 50k

Erm, if you're looking for off-road handling and a responsive small pickup, my recommendation would be a jeep comanche. If you're okay with just main road use, or light off-roading you have the rampage, dakota sport, and the later gen el camino ss package. I think the mazda b200 (can't remember the proper name) is pretty peppy and holds alright in corners.

Maybe tomorrow I'll make a quick video of the rampage tackling some corners.

Is it possible to take a BMW X6 or Merc GLK and cut the back off to make it a trucc?

No they are unibody. Cutting the body weakens the structure and unibody is already bad for truck applications.

yea, but that's not to say it hasn't been done many times before.

if you know your shit, you can reinforce the frame, but if you had to ask, you already are ruled out. there was a pic floating around here a while back of a shop that took an old i wanna say volvo, and made a truck out of it with bits from an el camino. the ute looked sick af.

Is it possible to take a BMW X6 or Merc GLK and cut the back off to make it a trucc?

We have the same engine Vin then. X Vin

Have you ever thought of camming your motor? From what I've read its actually worth it, better fuel efficiency and more power.

I don't go offroading, the most I do is dirt roads and such like that. I just wouldn't want the suspension to collapse if it sees dirt.

I've thought of making my truck into a Rally truck, not trophy for sick jumps. But making it handle road and dirt roads.
I like that look of stock cars and trucks

Here's muh truck

Muh truck

I miss my truck. 98 Dakota R/T with the 5.9 swapped in. :(

Is there anything like that but newer/not as ancient?

Not unless you live in Australia.

This is my truk

>when you find your old truck for sale completely out of your price range
>it's in worse condition than when you sold it

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5807317171.html

It's a 5.0l V8

what's a reasonable price to pay for a decent nissan b series (a b 2000 / b 2200)?
are they easy to care for and fix, considering their age? I'm looking for a tiny tuck to daily and I'm in love with the small square look, and the older b series is the smallest and squarest I've seen so far

look into the subaru baja, i guess. better towing, more speed, looks like anus, awd, very small bed...it's a forester, turned into a ute.