Currently driving a 1999 suburban but its getting old and i need something smaller and more reliable for college...

Currently driving a 1999 suburban but its getting old and i need something smaller and more reliable for college. I still want to have fun driving it but the main thing is that it has to last 4 years with no major repairs. I narrowed my choices down to a few

2015 ford mustang (v6 or ecoboost)
2013-15 honda accord sport
2013-15 scion frs (subaru brz)

Other urls found in this thread:

oppositelock.kinja.com/living-with-a-subaru-brz-1677386148
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My vote is accord or brz
Fuck Ford and Toyota cuck86

are you sure you want to do this?

switching from a massive lifted truck to a normal car is a big change and im sure you won't like it.

and the most fun would probably be the ecoboost or frs. the accord is really fucking boring.

even if i took care of the mustang would it still most likely have problems after warranty?

every week i take out my dads civic coupe and have no problem with it, I just want something a little more sporty

You'll regret downsizing from an SUV to car due to lack of space, plus maintaining the burb won't exceed the purchase price of your selections.
>poorcollegefag buying a new car ever making sense

trust me i want a smaller car, i cant justify driving around in this huge ass suv by myself most of the time and it gets shit mpg. btw i didnt buy it, it was the truck we use to pull our boat but were in the process of selling it so that makes having this thing useless.

Out of the cars you listed I would go
>toyobaru
>ecoboost
>accord

Op, trust me on this. Keep the burb through college.
1; you're gonna be broke, you can't afford car payments. Even if you can, it's nice to have money.
2; that thing is a party wagon. It'll be much more useful in college.
3; while you're there, you won't be driving as much.

This is coming from a recent college grad who is looking at getting a new car now. I know it sucks to hear people telling you to keep it (people are telling me not to buy something new yet too), but that thing will be so much more useful in college than any small car.

>not taking presidential advice
Fine. When you're sitting in your financed hairdresser shitbox missing the burb, think of prez beating it to your misfortune.

Damn Prez got some issues....

im not paying for this car, the money is coming from the boat and selling this truck. we already spent about 3800 on repairs and it is just waiting for something else to go wrong or break. my dad agrees that it would be better for me to have a more reliable vehicle with better mpg in college than have to worry about this thing breaking down again.

the cars i chose are within the price range im looking at so cost is not a factor

Well in that case, get something bigger. Chargers are pretty sporty. Hell, I'd go with another Suv. You're going to want the room.

>not being a taxi for all the sluts rushing
Goddamn you people are stupid.

What school are you going to, op?

Hey man seriously don't listen to these fuckheads, you seem to be well aware of it but you obviously don't need the burb

I drove an 80's one last night and it was fucking hilarious, felt like I was driving a school bus but fuck no you don't need that shit in college

Mustang is shit-tier, if you can afford any of those newer cars I would strongly urge the BRZ/FRS, but BRZ is better IMO

Accord is a pigfat FWD piece of dick, sure it will be reliable but it's not gonna be much fun, with a 86 you will meet dudes who like it and make frends, and girls will like it quite a bit more than some honda shitbox

more importantly you will have a fucking ball in it, and discover the wonders of a lightweight RWD coupe, if you maintain it it will hold resale value much better (especially in Subaru form) and if you get bored the aftermarket is getting better every day

pic unrelated I'm a little drunk

trips speak the truth

im thinking about UT as my class rank meets the auto acceptance rate but im open to other choices too

Don't buy the mustang, both of those have the wrong engine for the car. I think you know what I mean. Also nobody will think it's cool.

Accords are very nice and that's what I recommend

Not familiar with the FRS but I think you'll be better off with the accord.

im really considering the brz now, there is 2013 in my area going for 15,500 and its in red :)

Found the fag who can't handle real vehicles. And who likes the Subaru meme.

Think about past having a fun car. You'll have this for years, so you'll need something with utility for moving and all sorts of other stuff that a fake back seat won't be able to do. Hell, just moving to and from college will be a miserable taskin with a small car.

5th gen civic

Not hijacking this thread, but what's your intended major? I like TU in theory, but the liberals and overall Austin has ruined that school. But if you mst go there, you'd be better off with a prius cause some hippy will vandalize your car if it's not green.

are you serious? fuck that. if UT austin is actually like that, then im staying far away. but i plan to major in computer science or something more economic/business

yeah i dont think i can trust the ford to push past 100k miles so the mustang is out. right now im just trying to choose between the frs and accord

I suggest A&M for either of those majors. Corpus Christi is a good business school if you can't get into cstat. Tamug if you have any interest in the maritime industry; the business degree down there is specialized, but makes bank.

whats your major/job if you dont mind?

>Ecoboost
Get the fuck outa here faggot.
V8 or die

I went to tamug for college, I did the business degree. Though I'm going coast Guard, a lot of the people I knew who went with jobs right out with the business degree are making 60-100k starting. 60 obviously being the 2.5 gpa. But other than me selling my own school, I do know that tamu has one of the best business schools in the state, and corpus is pretty much a purpose built college for business.

The ecoboost has been proven to be shit at reliability. Get a v8

i dont got money for the v8

Then dont buy the mustang faggot.
Or buy an older v8

There's so many FR-S's on my campus this year it's ridiculous.
So you know what, buy that thing
I'm sure you can set up a vaping club or something

Live out of the suburban.

honestly could

why do i need a v8?

Because you'll get laughed at if you get a V6 or ecoboost. Trust me. Trust me.

The Mustang is a muscle car made for going fast in a straight line. If it can't do that, then it's failed. We all know it handles like wet garbage. It'll be boring as all hell and people WILL make fun of you for driving it when they find out what's under the hood. Plus it looks like shit.

I'd get the 86 personally, if you MUST have a new car. But there are so many better used cars out there that it's hard for me to justify that personally. But for the purposes of the thread, get the Toyobaru.

Don't listen to this neckbeard who owns no vehicles

the fuck you on about? Do you even maintain this thing? I maintain my '02 1500 Suburban 4x4 with Flex-Fuel regularly and it's going on 250k no problem.

My ultimate goal is to get it to 1 million miles.

Don't listen to this retard who thinks a V6 mustang has a place other than "I wanted a mustang but couldn't afford the v8 xD also im a girl ;))"

It's more reliable, holds resale, gets atenttion, is cool, faster.

I think he should get a 5th-6th gen civic, not a fan of any mustang

slightly drunk trips here

get it
what is a uhaul for a couple of hundred bucks?

This "real vehicles" retard don't know shit, you will hate having a shitty bus for a car 99% of the time in college, the 1% it actually comes in handy you can rent a uhaul for the thousands of dollars you've saved in gas alone

fuck you if you let a nonexistent stigma keep you from a car of any sort

I didn't think anyone would be so sensible ITT, this fella is completely right, the only reason you buy a mustang is for a straight-line V8, they handle like dogshit

Just get the BRZ already damn

oppositelock.kinja.com/living-with-a-subaru-brz-1677386148

>it gets shit mpg

You know whats worse than shit mpg?

Making shit car payments.

also

>1999 suburban
>expensive repairs
what are you a retard or something? Parts are plentiful and these things are built like tanks. Proper upkeep and these trucks will run a very long time.

Enjoy making your Cuckadoodledoo car payments.

read before posting dipshit

More like why dont you.
Why would you buy THE original pony car in a v6?
V8
>More power
>Better sound
>Teaches you to drive better
>Grills dig them
>Re-sale value
>Tons of fucking after market
But if you dont buy the 5.0 you're a cuck, also if its an auto you're a cuck that likes it in the ass.

lol youre a massive fucking tool.
Even Id take a v6 mustang over the frs.

Shut the fuck up and buy a civic

>Buy a civic
Yeah if youre a faggot
Doesnt the new camry and accord blow that thing out of the water?
>Not buying an acura TSX

I had a 96 mustang with 180,000 on it. The damn engine simply wouldn't die. Reliable as hell too. Their V6s are about as reliable as an American engine comes.

The 5.0 coyote mustangs have matched m3 track times since 2013. The 2015 got better with irs. It'll shit all over the brz

this, who the fuck thinks theyre unreliable?
4.6 is a shit motor thats why you get the 5.0 most people that break them drive them hard without upgrades

The 4.6 is fine for a cruiser v8. The 5.0 is leaps and bounds ahead of it in power though.

>180k
>simply won't die

Keep the burb as a party wagon and shit hauler, and buy a bike to save on gas :)))

Accord coupe or sedan? Don't get an accord coupe.

FRS/BRZ for most fun to drive

Mustang for looks

Accord for practicality

shut up and buy a civic for 3k.

whats wrong with the accord coupe?

some people are saying "get the v8 cuck" but dont understand that the cheapest 2015 v8 mustang in my area is 28k. i dont have that much to spend, and before you say" buy an older model", i dont want too many miles and i like the look and features of the 2015

So gonna rent a uhaul when you get a new tv? Or how about moving a keg? Or transporting more than 1 friend? How about Road trips with friends? True, a suburban may be overkill, but a 2 seater car is useless.

honestly the mustang is out of the question at this point. ive done some research and the quality of current ford vehicles is pretty shit. sure the older mustangs were probably well built but im not interested in getting one.

Enjoy being another fuccboi driving an Accord or brz

>I know older makes better power but I love the shit new shapes.
Well olrighty then enjoy your underpowered grocery getter

yeah i like the new shape, i like the new technology, im not drag racing, im buying a car to get to places and be comfortable

and have it be at least somewhat fun to drive

You're not gonna get any more reliable than that suburban.
And what you want a new car to impress people?

>t. Uni student who drives a 98 suburban

>Some what fun to drive
So you chose between an underpowered weeb mobile that everyone knows is slow as fuck and an Accord.. Literally wanting the meme mustang.
Expand your horizions or you're getting a cuck mobile.
>Not buying Acura
>Not buying the Focus
>Not buying a better subaru

Accord owner here.

Accord coupe isn't sporty enough to justify. Four doors would be more practical and isn't much of a difference. Both the i4 and v6 have shit city mpg (20-25) and highway driving only changes this on especially long drives. A new civic would be everything the Accord is but better on gas (I had an 8g and rode around in a friend's '09 civic a lot). The BRZ would be better than the Accord in this regard, even though it would lose out to the v6/6 speed, it's a more fun platform and better fulfills what you would expect out of a sporty car in regards to driving experience and it gets similar mpg to an Accord with either engine.

Anything that isn't a Mustang GT or Ecoboost isn't worth it. Trying to mod the v6 is wasted money. It's twin turbo (expensive) vs. supercharger (should've bought a v8), when the GT and Ecoboost are better engines for performance out of the gate. The GT will be the best pick because of ecoboost reliability.

Honestly, you should also consider a Mazda3

>90's GM
>Reliable
Not only are they engineered like shit, they're built poorly, and typically owned by know-nothings that don't maintain them.

90's suburban is a ticking time bomb even if you're good at wrenching

>ticking time bomb even if you're good at wrenching

You don't know what you're talking about

My friend drives a '99 Suburban, daily, and has 235k on the clock. No major repairs besides the steering rack.

My 92 just rolled over for the third time. It's never let me down on a 70 mile round trip commute 5 days a week.

I second this if living in a college town while attending.

>being this retarded

Good lord

retard spotted

>n-no major repairs!
>just 8 injectors, the timing belt, a water pump, an alternator, 4 serpentine belts, the wiring harness combed through like Cthulhu's pubes, 6 wheel bearings, and a new fuel pump
look at this chode defend a suburban like it's something to be coveted.

That's the blackest thing i've seen since blacky mcdindu drove a monte carlo donk into blacktown's liquor store to steal the ATM.

>Suburban
>timing belt

Spotted the retard

Don't listen to these cucks that are trying to tell you not to get a new car, ball out OP. Out of the options you gave us Toyobaru is the best choice. Mustang ecoboost and v6 is for huge fucking pussies and accord is boring.

toyobaru

I've owned 3 GMT400 platform trucks with over 300,000 miles. Assuming you don't run it low on oil or buy one from human trash that went 30,000 miles without an oil change, nothing goes wrong on these trucks that isn't a bolt off, bolt on part, like an alternator or air con condenser.

Oh, you might have to clean up a ground wire occasionally if it's rusty.