What's your opinion on LS-swapped Miatas?

What's your opinion on LS-swapped Miatas?

>LS swap anything

Boring.

>950kg
>500+hp

>No traction control
>No ABS
>No ESC

Enjoy your pile of twisted metal user

They need a blower

>user please end my suffering

animalihavebecome.jpeg

>boring
>says the guy who probably has never driven anything but a 4cyl shitbox
Lmao 2bh

What are you trying to do with it?

LS swaps are popular because OHV engines are nice and compact. It'd be much harder to dump a Ford Modular V8 in.

He could rotary swap it but it'd be easier just to buy an RX-7 or 8.

It's so much $$ to do it properly, and honestly, it disrupts the balance of the car and with miatas, there is a thing as too much power.

A well built turbo kit on a built BP engine is more enjoyable imo. And way cheaper.

LS miatas aren't as cool as 302 miatas

Why

>talks about 302

user please stop

Super duper cool.

302's are iron and slow balls.

>hit gas
>trade paint
>flip over
>die

doesn't the LS engine totally ruin the weight distribution of the car?

I mean I understand for something that started out its life already pigfat like a Z32 300ZX but a cutie like a miata, it just seems misguided.

Not as much as you might think, maybe 55/45
There are V8 kits that keep it a perfect 50/50

ur boring
git gud and l2drive skrub
>disrupts the balance
If done properly, not really. Lots of videos showing that.

There is a trade-off with a boosted BP; mainly worse fuel economy. But also more heat and wear, and I'd rather avoid that. Still won't have that instantaneous ass-load of torque either. Not saying I'm not going to do that - I plan on it but when my engine blows, and when I got the money, I intend to do an LS swap eventually.

I believe it's ironic enough to consider doing, as it's suitable that something so cute and innocent has such a powerful force of evil right under the surface, ready to roar loud enough to shake the earth when necessary.
but I'm a faggot.

>Human ABS

>xenons in a car that has no housing for them
reeeeeeeeeeeee

LS swap adds about 200 pounds and brings weight distribution to 53/47.

K24 swap saves 10 pounds and is capable of 300+ HP naturally aspirated.

This.
I fuckign HATE these fuckers

I drive a TSX and all I want in life is a kmiata

Most of the extra weight comes from having to beef up the transmission, differential, and chassis. The engine itself weighs about the same as the iron 4cyl brick.

K24 requires a complete rebuild for 300hp, it can be done, but not cheap. By the time you've spent that on an LSX you're pushing 500.

Equal effort for both and I'd put money on the LS being faster... But I'd rather drive and own the K-Miata. Not everything needs a small block.

>k24
>iron
Its alu block and head

id rather see one with a TVR speed 6 or speed 8
the 6 cyl is probly abit too long but the v8 weighs 60 kgs less than a ls1, while making 420hp

Any options for markets where used, cheap ls engines aren't common? Here in the uk we only got a few catfish camaros, the ls1 Monaro, ls2 Monaro vxr, ls2 vxr8, ls3 vxr8 and the lsa vxr8 which still costs a bomb.

I've seen one with a 1uz, but it's dohc and takes up a lot of space.
Anyone ever seen a BMW swap? I think an m62 is smaller than a 1uzfe?

A tvr v8 is just a fettled rover v8, so you could get a much cheaper donor than a tvr

Fundementally misunderstands the point of a miata.

>UK plate.
wonder if it's still around. It's dead, or at least off the road the last 3 years.

No they built their own v8 too.
It's much better than the speed 6

He's talking about the stock BP, not the K24

Yeah I figured that out after I posted and I was waiting for someone to reply to me so I could say this and feel better about myself.

While not a V8, Honda J35 swap is pretty cool, and doesn't require a different transmission.

Glad I could help you out m8

i'd rather put something lighter than the original engine, produces 200-250hp, and can use miata gearbox

i don't know if something like this exists though

Oh, this is interesting. I'm fancying an MA track car project, and so far was considering breaking my daily r53 works for the supercharger and selling off other bits.
A cheap Honda v6 sounds appealing,got any more info? I'm googling that shit now, but if you have anything worth knowing...