/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #440

''Pricefield Mobile'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott,_Oregon
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Max a first.

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.

One year ago for us and a little over three for them. Amongst the tragedy, fear, and doubt they found bravery, inspiration, and happiness in each other.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI

Max is #1

Yargh! That be a fine lookin' vessel for these two pirates!
(Also a comfy place to sleep, go on road trips, cuddle, and occasionally more *wink* *wink* )

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>landship.jpg
>Yargh! That be a fine lookin' vessel for these two pirates!

I see what you did there.
Clever.

>mfw Molli has started relationship with Destiny-Smasher (aka foursome retard)
Molli you are over for me.

>caring about """"""""""e-celebs"""""""""

>even that retard has found love
I wish I was a good liar so I could easily say that I'm happy for Molli.

Let's all just be happy for Molli! I trust her judgement and even if we don't like Destiny-Smasher's story (In fact, I strongly dislike it) that doesn't mean he's a bad person.

Sorry user but I just can't be Mr.Brightside like you.We are talking about that guy afterall.

>that doesn't mean he's a bad person.
..but mentally retarded

Can you all just resume cuteposting about the game and stop being so concerned with my love-life?
Seriously, I only ever wanted to keep a low profile, post some doodles, rant about the endings.. I don't want this kinda drama clogging up the threads. Also it's.. sorta bloody depressing to see people being so hostile towards someone I care about so much.

The more he talks the more he makes me cringe.

You go it!
I too would hate to see this kind of stuff fill up the thread and ruin all we've built up. Enough generals here are plagued by bullshit personal arguments and drama.
Let's keep our lives (And the lives of others) and /lisg/ separate.

you wanna end up this fucking drama? tell him to shut the fuck up,go the fuck away with his fucking blogshitting then

Congrulations.
You better tell us what do people do during a foursome next time you visit here.

It's one person. Two at most. Trust me. Ignore.

Know that most here are happy for you and that's that. No reason to further look into it, or into Smasher.

They posted it at the very end of the thread; YOU could have just ignored it and not brought it up here.

>Two at most
Sure thing

Max is adorkable!

Anons. -Please- stop.
Just post about LiS. Do not ruin things by being petty, vindictive, or needlessly confrontational. This is not the Vortex Club.

>They posted it at the very end of the thread; YOU could have just ignored it and not brought it up here.
blogshitting retard's still bumping the old thread just sayin'

Cute picture. The view out the window is interesting though. Looks like it's high up and in the middle of the woods.
But that gives me an idea of Joyce opening a restaurant on the cliff looking out to the sea. That could be really nice.

I've read that Prescott was actually some kind of benevolent family in that area in real life? Between the bunkers and Pan Estates, maybe Sean's "Enema" plan all along was to Make Arcadia Great Again.

People sought shelter in the Prescott bunkers during the storm, and afterward the great rebuilding began.

You are always against the people who are against the blog-shitting,who love embarassing themselves and sends irrelevant posts endlessly on this general (not to mention he is still posting on the old thread)

And no faggot I know it hurts you to know that but there are more than two anons who are agreeing with this

4chans still Veeky Forums i see

least some people here are nice

more cute less hate plz

I think Sean knew that a storm was coming and built bunkers (Including the Dark Room) for his family and associates. They wanted Arcadia Bay to be wiped off the map so that they could control the land and build on it. Jefferson was an accomplice and he wanted the storm to come so that he could escape and evidence of his crimes would be washed away.
But Max, the power, and possibly even Rachel stepped in and put a stop to that. To expose the Prescott in an inescapable way, and to bring Jefferson to justice.
The storm itself was neither good or bad, it was just a weather event and how the aftermath was handled is what is good/bad.
Would it be to allow destruction and give the Prescotts total control? Or would it be used as a chance to give Arcadia Bay another chance?

>oh people on Veeky Forums doesn't like me
>but at least some people are cute towards me
destiny smasher I wish you could kill yourself... or at least fuck off

Now you're being more annoying and doing nothing other than shit-stirring,foursome faggot.
Thanks for proving me right btw

This is also why Nathan was under extreme pressure. Being told his family "has a destiny" and that the town was going to be washed away. Nathan wanted to protect his friends, but also make Jefferson happy, was battling his own insanity and maybe even had his own visions of what was coming (Such as the trailer for Episode 4).
An already sick boy having more and more pressure put on him. No wonder he was unstable.

>people didn't like my fic :(
>people are still hating me :(
>people didn't like I actually having relationship with someone :(
>so I should do something to attract their attentions :(
this is a video game general retard.
not for faggots who got butthurt so bad

Prescott is a somewhat common surname.
Just doing a Google Search for "Prescotts Oregon" came up with an apartment in Portland and a town named after a Sawmill owner (There was also a sawmill/ lumberyard in Arcadia Bay)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott,_Oregon

It seems like the name chosen for people by Dontnod did have some relevance to the area. Or there's stuff like Max's name which comes from other fictional works. Little stuff like that makes for neat details and trivia.

>Complaining about Veeky Forums
>Still posting on Veeky Forums

>I know people are butt hurt over it
He is delusional enough to not see that he's the one who actually got butthurt here.

You went to their tumblr. Read their "personal" posts. Brought them back here (after complaining in 20 posts about people bringing actual LiS content from reddit here). 'Nuff said? No, with you it's never enough said.

I think the more (or less) vague involvement of the Prescotts that dontnod did have in mind must have been malevolent. Same for the tornado. In the end they rely on saying those all serve narrative purposes above all... So I don't know how much conclusive background there really ever was to how they thought it would work together. But I'd like to think Rachel was more involved with it all, even the Prescotts somehow through Nathan. If only because it would make for cool prequel-sequel material.

>Reminder that nothing was cut:)

>(after complaining in 20 posts about people bringing actual LiS content from reddit here)
???

I am asking one more time, stop arguing or bringing shit up from other sites.
Everyone in this argument is being butthurt and childish. I don't care who is posting here: fic writers, Michel, Luc, or even Max fucking Caulfield (Hi Max!) as long as they are staying on topic and not starting fights for no reason, I don't see why there's a problem.
We don't have names or points systems here so dick-waving is entirely pointless and will just kill the general and destroy what we've created.

If you have personal gripes/hatred then take them to Tumblr or wherever where you can have your pissing match on your own blogs.
Just please stop arguing here and introducing the same shit that has killed other generals.

This is the end of the discussion.

If that faggot stops his blogshitting,everything will be fine.

I agree. I think Rachel played a crucial part in a lot of it.
Especially when it comes to why Max specifically got the power to rewind time. Or why Max was getting visions of the storm. Don't forget that the doe appeared in a storm vision and she was watching Max. It's Rachel giving Max a hint of what is coming.
I don't think Rachel herself was anything magical during life. But after she died she gained some power and influence. Maybe from the bloodoath Frank took or maybe just because she has some association to the Natives of that land.

However, I do not know what was going on with Nathan. He may have been the key to something, or he could have just been an ill boy trapped in a hole that was digging himself deeper and deeper.
There was a lot of vagueness because it wasn't necessary for the story they were trying to tell, but as you said that vagueness opens up so many possibilities, interpretations, and potential for more tales.

>arguing over ((four))some tumblrina attention whores
agreed.

Here's hoping we never end up like /kspg/
Identityfagging is the root of all evil

They're just jelly

Pretty much my thoughts. Rachel specifically albeit being both a malevolent and benevolent force beyond her death, in my mind. But it could be different, and there's a lot of substance in that I could see in a sequel.

Either way, while the story they were trying to tell does indeed not revolve around magic and the supernatural of it all but uses them as narrative devices instead, magical realism and all that jazz, it still was kind of a letdown not to get anything at all out of it. Not least because in the end they didn't really manage to conclude the actual narrative in a satisfying way either, of course.

I can only hope the vagueness was deliberate with regards to a second season, not due to sheer lack of throught-process and background. ...Well, it sure seems the latter is the more likely, but maybe they'll manage to write themselves into something that manages to establish that background regardless. If they do re-visit Arcadia, that is.

>yfw they are gonna break up in 3 months

>tfw we'll never see them again
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

A second season is pretty much assured to have entirely new characters and be in a different location. So it seems that all the vagueness and plot holes of S1 will only be filled in by our own minds and discussions rather than any 'canon' installment.
Which means the background plot and characters are almost entirely unwritten and can been seen however one wants; If so many other people didn't know Rachel, I may have said she really was an angel sent to Chloe.
The series (Whenever it's actually made) might show some different stuff but even then I don't think we'll ever know who, or what, Rachel or Nathan truly are. Or that we will see a post-storm Arcadia Bay.
Honestly I don't think I mind that. The story was about Max and Chloe and how they grew and came together over the week. That story was told and the future is full of possibilities for them and the other characters. If every little thing were explained then there would be nothing to talk about.

after all that molli has done for us it's fucked up that any of you would return the favour like this. Just leave her be.

I just got back to this general after a few days. What the FUCK on is going on?

Nobody's angry at her.
Problem is foursome sympathizer and his butthurt attitude towards this general

I can also more than live with Max and Chloe's story being finished for good. It really is too, essentially. Anything beyond this would only disturb. At least most likely so.

There's still the faint possibility that they will revisit "Arcadia" though. The only thing they have repeatedly gone on the record for is that "Max and Chloe's story is finished". It's true that a prequel-sequel is unlikely, but I still vaguely hope it will be something along those lines.

Not even because it would then reveal those backgrounds, or be able to give some kind of closure for any side or subplots. But because it would lend a fundament to a new character story that I could still be excited and make theories about and so on. As in that case, all our theorizing wouldn't have been in vain. It would be easier to give dontnod another chance because then the first season's mysteries won't have been mere narrative bait or betrayal of trust in their ability to tell a story.

Shut the fuck up about it already, god fucking damn it.

I want to see Arcadia Bay again but without any commitment to one set of actions. Especially when most players and much of Dontnod seem to think the Bay ending was right/good.
But without beating that dead horse any further, I think the best way to continue to explore the area would be to look to the past. Set the next season in the 1980s or 90s. You can see some of the same people (Although younger) and explore more supernatural or realistic elements.

> most players
choice stats are fairly close

>all these Victorias and Nathans in this thread

why do you guys have to bully?

Pretty sad stuff. Sorry to see everyone get so wound up about what's being going on. And quite disappointed. I hope and believe the silent majority are not bullies and shitstirrers.

>tfw some ignorant people who were buying Michel's bullshit have ignored all of these

You say that but there were posts saying for both of them to go die which means Molli which makes it really fucked up.

I think you have to be on the spectrum to sacrifice Chloe in the end

Isn't she despised here? All I've ever seen about her in the months I've been here is copypasta and screencaps shitting on her.

>See a tornado vision before all of these fuckery,before you find out you can actually go back into time
>In the end you find out going back into time/overuse power is what caused the storm
>So one of option is we can fix this shit only if we go back into time and doing absolutely nothing while originally we were supposed to using our powers in the first place
Looks like Imagination Lord has hypnotized all of them

Glad that based Luc didn't take this bullshit

nah most of people was shitting on tumblr guy not Molli

You're thinking of Mari.

Most, sure but it was sad to see even one person shitting on Molli, she doesn't deserve it.

>even one person
can you show me that post?

here:
both of these are the same person judging from their edgy and angry writing style though. Don't want to sift through the rest of the posts and see if there's more people.

Well they're not wrong about blogspam ruining the thread, abbraisive as they are

That is not the point at all, I'm talking about the abuse towards Molli, she has done nothing to warrant bullying or any sort of cruelty towards her.

even though his wording is wrong (making fun of people's sexuality) he has a point about him ''blogshitting''
also looks like he is shitting on tumblr guy's posts,molli's just got lost in the shuffle

This^

user, no worries: That user was only insulting and wishing death upon Smasher and me. Not Molli. I don't think so.

>apparently people on Veeky Forums are still butt hurt over some single paragraph in AW that I'd almost forgotten about because '''''''''''it's not really relevant to the story, just a sort of one-off event'''''''

Why is it in the story if it doesn't add to it?

I was actually thinking the same thing user.He really should see a psychologist soon though

>implying being open-minded actually means being okay with two persons' having foursome with other dudes while they were -supposed to- in love with each other

Give Max time to think ok!

he said in the previous thread that the fanfic is meant to reflect his life or something

What is the name of their daughter?

Rachel

How are they able to have a daughter?

Science.

Warren volunteered to be the donor.

are these girls?