Are you a car wizard?

>Rate your car knowledge from 1 to 10

>0 = No knowledge

>10 = Expert knowledge

3-4
i know some basic shit, but nothing compared to people who have actual interest in cars

You probably know more than most people in here senpai.

t. Mechanic

I love learning, talking and thinking about cars. I am also ASE certified but I don't have an Veeky Forums related job and I have 2 project cars that are just sitting because I have no motivation for them

AMA

8 engineer. Formerly in the auto industry.

We found one

maybe a 6 or a 7. I don't know how to rebuild an transmission. I understand how to rebuild an engine but have not done it. I have torn multiple apart.

1.5 idk how to read the dipstick, but I can change my own oil

Why Citroën won't release new C6?

How did you make it this far user?

Im not really into cars

I know basic maintenance and what's gone wrong when it does go wrong but don't ask me to rebuild a motor

Probably a 5. I can do basic wiring, paint/body, small rebuilds (have done shifter, carb, windshield wiper motor, heater core, etc), maintenance and diagnose problems but I can't do drivetrain rebuilds, welding or any sort of fabrication.

He would be proud.

8 Master mechanic.

2-3

I can change components like struts/shocks/calipers etc, but anything more than that I'd have to google it and ask my dad(mechanic) for help

Post your address so I can kill you and your former coworkers.

Top FUCKIN' KEK

8. I was a mechanic. Now I'm an engineer. Still, there are some things I've never done, but would love to do: engine swap/replacement, welding, etc.

They did. In China.

4/10

I'm a car enthusiast but not a mechanic/tuner. There is a big difference. However, some mechanics really don't know much about cars either.

8/10

i can do most things on my own.. the only thing ive yet to learn is how to tune for big numbers on a dyno

I rebuilt an automatic transmission

what does that make me?

Why does it look like an accord?

5/10
I know facts and some basic stuff
But I still feel like I can learn and do a lot more

Please tell me the 6 stability derivatives if you know everything but engine tuning.

I would say 6/10 for myself. Been a data analyst for a few teams and currently work as a scrutinieer but I know a hell of a lot less than some people I know.

Because they decided to make it a generic midsize sedan instead of the spaceship that the original C6 was.

It doesn't even have hydropneumatics.

9. Rebuilt numerous secret engines in raids on GM. I can boost an engine in over 500 different ways with just a 3/8 ratchet and socket set.

Why are laplace transforms used in transient state cornering situations?

I know some basic shit about car maintenance, I can drive well and I'm invested in Ford stock, so I keep up with them a lot.

Engineer here as well. What did you do?

2, but I know more about cars that 99.9% of Veeky Forums. I've rebuilt engines of most layouts, performed a couple of out-of-make engine swaps, revalved my own shocks using a custom shim stack, etc.

4 I guess. I'm more about the driving, I've got a gear head buddy who's shit at driving but loves fixing shit.

>2/10
can change fluids and brake components
but don't want to mess with valve lash and distributor points

some of them have markings

3/10
Took two years of autos in high school
Worked at a Honda dealership for a year 6

Probably like 3-4. Can diagnose basic problems and change fluids.

4 I mostly like to just drive them fast

Expert detected

8/10 for jeeps, points off f for never actually rebuilding an engine bigger than a lawnmower

2/10 for encyclopedic autism about cars

Between the lines is a quart of oil. Over 2nd is too much, under 1st (closer to tip is too little)

Always let vehicle sit then wipe and dip before reading.

Congrats you're now a 3 among Veeky Forumstists

Autistic and probably gay

3/10
I only know general maintenance, I don't know any actual troubleshooting when shit hits the fan but I haven't had any problems with my car since I go by the owner's manual.

My fucking sides

Start over....u doing it wrong user.

10 easily

Depends, my friend was a mechanic for years so my knowledge level feels deflated around him. So around 3. I understand how components work and how to take them apart but often don't have the right tool for the job.

I took apart a carb and put it back together again

did not tune it properly and had to get dear old dad to do it

Only theoretical knowledge, but no real experience. I've loved cars since I was 3 years old.

I say 3.

Most autistic scale ive ever seen OP

3-4 cant change oil and 7-8 is ASE certified industry professional

Do you work for fucking bethesda

8-9/10
Ford certified for 2016MY warranty work

Do a lot of bullshit on personal projects too

Top fucking kek

I'm 9/10 internet car expert

4 I can read a sticker and know what certain things do but can't work on one for shit

I've rebuilt motorcycle engines, and did a lot of engine repair on cars.

Anything else though I fucking suck at.
Don't know shit about electrical.
Don't know shit about drivetrain.
Don't know shit about suspension.

5/10