Buying a new car

>buying a new car
>paying full price
>not looking for 3 year old used car with low miles

why do people do this? Do they like wasting money?

car idiots general

Okay, but where do said 3 year old cars come from?

People who bought/leased them in the first place. No new cars = no used cars

>Less than half the horsepower of a mustang
>Half the seats
>Half the cylinders
>Package for LSD puts it just 2k under a Mustang
>top speed and 0-60 are less than a Mustang

Why buy an ugly miata when you could have a v8 mustang?

Maybe they have a good job and can afford nice things.

if you have the money there's no reason not to buy a new car. you know it hasn't been abused, especially if it's a sporty car or something off road capable.

they might depreciate but so does all the other shit you buy. you'll also have the factory warranty which can, and likely will, save you money on potential repairs.

Your pack of chewing gum depreciates in value as soon as you break the seal on the wrapper. Why not just ask to buy a single strip of gum from someone?

Probably because:

1) You might not be able to find someone willing to sell you the flavor/brand of gum you have.

2) You don't want a piece of gum that someone else has neglected and left in their back pocket for a month

3) A new pack of gum might be a negligible expense to you, and you don't have to worry about 1/2

also, not to mention that if you need to finance this is an offer you sure as fuck won't get on a used car.

Because I need a car now and not in 2019

Quads of truth.

I hope whoever I sell my sportscar that I bought brand new enjoys the fact that I drove it hard every single day and only sold it when things started going on it.

Meanwhile I'll just go and pick up whatever 2018s meme machine is brand new and enjoy that new car feeling all over again.

>cargo shorts are superior fashion because all those extra pockets for a fraction of a price of pants.

I will never buy a new car, because for the same amount of money you can always get a better used car. As long as all the scheduled maintenance had been done, IDGAF if it's been driven hard, they're designed to do that.

Not him but Woah man i love cargo shorts, lay off

Hey genius, if nobody bought new cars there wouldn't be any used cars.

>2,300 lbs vs 3,800 lbs

some people don't like pigfat cars

>being poor

Do people really do this?

>pigfat
>what is power to weight ratio

Power to weight ratio is irrelevant to cornering ability.

>buying a car made after 1996
why

>tfw I drive a '98

People learn this shit from their parents who are usually broke.
I bought a 2014 mustang premium, 13k miles for about 25k bc used and old gen. Brand new GT would cost around 32k

>Poorfag
>Into cars
Maybe you should quit while you're at it.

bumper to bumper
no previous owners
newest features

Well everything sold in the last three years is garbage or shitty modern car design. Except for edge cases like the 911 and corvette and new Mustang.

You are so dumb

been there, tired of always having to fix shit

>IDGAF if it's been driven hard, they're designed to do that

IDGAF if my new girlfriend was fucked ferociously by a 7 foot tall nigger every day for the past 3 years, they're designed to do that

>white "man"
>can't stop thinking about his degenerate fetishes
get help lad

XD good one lad you really got that kuck lmao

ND

>Not Pigfat
>muh handling
>much better drifting capabilities
>muh convertible top
>and their is already alot of mods for it with more coming shortly.

keke this is the type of guy that buys used subie wrx's and wonders why they always break down on him.

The dream for used cars is to buy one that hasnt been driven hard or rarely driven at all sitting in a garage most of the time.

I probably won't get one for about 3 more years....

But if I had the money I would buy an ND new because its the only miata I like the looks of. I would refuse to daily any other gen.

If it is a car that has been out for awhile ill by a low milage used car.

If the vehicle is only in its first/second year ill wait because most new vehicle generations will have teething issues and dont want to deal with that without warranty.

I used to feel the same way, always bought my cars outright, never bought new. Then I bought a used 2010 Toyota a couple years ago, drove it as a back up car when my primary vehicle was in the shop, babied it, got all the maintenance caught up, changed the trans fluid, replaced the brakes, undercoated it, bought nice winter tires for it, the works.

Then the trow out bearing failed after I had owned it for about 6000 miles. Car had 90-something thousand miles on it when I got it, figured it was probably time for it anyway. Shelled out a grand to have a new clutch/throw out bearing installed. Babied it again afterwards, never beat on it, just drove it to work every day after my older car shut off one day on the way to work. Nothing crazy, summer temperatures, mostly highway, generally a very easy commute.

Then I had the throw out bearing fail again less than 2000 miles later. Shop wouldn't replace it, no warranty on the part or labor, and it'd be another grand to fix it.

Now I have a car that has a warrantied throw out bearing for the next 5 years or 100,000 miles. I can happily beat the ever living shit out of it all the time, everywhere, without having to worry about breaking anything, because if it fails, I get a loaner car and a free repair. Makes it a lot easier to budget for repairs, now all I really have to figure in is maintenance. It's great.

You're being pretty vague, but let me be the first to tell you that buying a car from 1995 for example, one would much rather it have 75k miles of regular, well-maintained, old man driving

not 10k or less miles where it's sat for god knows how long for however long of intervals

shit gets fucked when cars sit buddy

If you're buying a Camry, I agree.

Try finding a 3 year old enthusiast car in good shape with low miles that is hugely discounted relative to a new one.

I'd rather pay for new and get exactly what I want than save 20% on something with 10k miles that has likely been abused.

>a fool and his money are easily parted

Hmm... let's see.

For the price of a new Honda Accord, I could get a very clean E39 M5.

The choice is clear

>33k for 155 horsepower "sports car"
>Subaru STI is 34k 305HP
Miata cucks will defend this.

>this is an offer you sure as fuck won't get on a used car
You didn't negotiate any of that crap. It's all put there to trick people like you into thinking their getting a good deal. Don't be retarded. You're still spending 20 fucking thousand dollars on a fucking camry

real tho, got a 2013 mini cooper s with ~8k miles on it - got it for less than $20k

Some people like to survive a pebble hitting a windshield.

I know a used car dealer well and he sends me the lists of all of the auctions in the area and said he'll bring me any car for a $500 fee. I got an '06 STi in 2007 (pic related) that had 5k miles on it for 22k flat (sticker price new was just over 38k). Buying new is absolutely not a smart thing to do. I still get the auction lists 3 days a week in my email, they have thousands of cars; often dealer showroom cars, leased cars, or repossessed cars.

Auctions are where it's at if you have the resources to get in and the knowledge to not fuck yourself over.

Agree

just got a '14 2ss camaro with 26k miles for $22k, think sticker was 43k-ish?

while i was looking i test drove a '17 370Z and they started at $750/mo for a lease. m fuckin fw

>$750 a month for a 30k car
Why are you bullshitting so much?

almost 800 dollars to lease a base 370Z convertible with no added options on standard terms per the Nissan website

Why would i bullshit? Dunno where you got 30k from tho. I literally got this at the dealer.

Chill the fuck out

>websites never make errors ever
Use common sense once in a while.

>hmm do I want a 370z or a loaded f type

>chill the fuck out
Why do you people always feel so threatened by a question and think someone is mad?

Considering I was a car salesman for a few years, it sounds just about exactly right? They don't want to lease 370Z's, hence the leasing terms are never going to be that favorable.

Has anyone seen one of these new miatas yet? I've only seen one in a showroom.

>people always feel so threatened by a question
"why are you bullshitting" isnt a question fuckknuckle its an accusation, and an overly emotional response to an innocuous statement.

The ND? Yeah. I've even driven a couple

Yea a neighbor owns one in ceramic, it's pretty sexy
Saw a red one on the road just a couple days ago too

>getting this assmad over a question
Holy fuck the shitposters really are right about you GM fangirls. That's just sad. Learn how to behave on the internet you manchild.

>trying this hard to start an internet fight.

I'm happy for you, but unfortunately not everyone is on good terms with a dealer with access to auto auctions.

Either way, it's a value decision. Buying a new car is not the best financial decision, no - anyone who's truly honest with themselves will come to that realization.

You don't NEED to have a brand new car that has no rock chips or scrapes. You don't NEED to have a car that you know no one else has used for an extended period of time.

However, you can apply that same logic to cars in general. You don't NEED to have a sports car nor do you NEED to spend over $5000.

If you want a decent car, the best financial decision will always be to buy a vehicle that has been well maintained and well used, but still has plenty of life left. In general that kind of balances out at about $5000. Then you keep that vehicle fixed and maintained until the engine blows up or the transmission grinds itself down into little pieces.

Stuff costs what it does because it's what the market will bear. A 2-3 year old used car costs 25-30% less because they're literally WORTH 25-30% less. If the characteristics that caused that depreciation don't matter to you, then that's awesome - you should buy the car. The whole issue is that people want different things out of their cars, and so they're priced accordingly.

God, see the ND just doesn't look attractive at all to me in real life

>being this upset over a question
Anyone with common sense would question $750 a month on a 40k car when that's a lease for an 85k car. Instead, you take it personally and puff up like a frightened blowfish and slam your face on your keyboard.

weird, I was the opposite
Hated how it looked until I saw it in person and fell in love with it. To each their own I guess.

The front kills me. Those damn headlights and the front grill.

I like it more than the fiata looks, this is what future auto designs are going to look like anyways

It's so sinisterly smug I simply can't hate it. I'll admit that the headlights are a bit too aggressive but it sorta grew on me

Although no doubt with a front license plate it looks like a stereotypical chinaman, just missing the strawhat kek.

how's that IT job treating you man? good to see that you're still lurking in Veeky Forums

Maybe because they want to keep it forever, until they die.

That's why I insist on my next car being new

Treating me well. Already have enough stories that I could make a "Tales From The IT Dept" thread, lol

What can I say, I love the look of the 124 all the way around. And the 124's engine just has so much more immediate tuning potential. People have gotten crazy power figures out of that engine in the 500 Abarth, and from what I understand, doing anything with the skyactive motor in the ND is a huge pain in the ass

Huh. I've never seen one, which is odd because I live in southern California. You'd think they'd be everywhere here

you paid 22k for a fucking Camaro

not even a classic one, a retarded boomer nostalgia repop

For some reason I see a ton of Nissan Leafs in my area that are below 50,000 miles and less than $10,000. I was thinking about buying one, but then I though there has to be a reason why people are getting rid of them. I think people are scared that the battery will die and it'll cost thousands to replace. I'm still on the fence about it because I'm worried about the same thing.

All electric cars have deprecated hugely. My 2013 Volt cost $45,000 brand new, but I bought it with 28,879 miles for $19,900 in January.

That's a good deal, mate.

If you're looking to buy something close to the base trim of your car and it's an econobox, you can buy used and get what you want. You want features, then you might have to pick between ordering from the build sheet yourself or settling for whatever comes in a used car in the price area you're willing to spend.

If it's sportier/fun, you risk the car being bit to shit by the last owner.

2-3% APR on half the amount = better than 0% on the whole, rapidly depreciating amount.

There are tons of people that refuse to buy new cars because of depreciation when if you buy a used car from a dealer the same thing happens. You pay retail and the car depreciates back to its wholesale value as soon as you drive away. Go try to trade it in the next day and you have just as much depreciation as a new car.

Yep. The only way around massive initial depreciation is to buy from a private party. The downside there is you're more open to getting screwed over.

I saw one with 90,000 miles for $8,000 a few months ago. I was really tempted to buy it, but the battery is only warrantied for 100,000 miles.

>Not waiting a year or two to sweep in during liquidations to buy up cheap, new cars
>Not enjoying super-low interest rates
>Not having a clean seat that's undefiled by the taint of another
>Not having a complete warranty to cover any possible defects
>Seriously thinking like a Jew and further ruining the economy

>buying a used car
>more than 2 owners
>barely any documentation

It's like you want to have car problems

I'd rather just a lease a brand new car every three years and give you the sloppy-seconds after I burn the clutch. Enjoy, poorfag

>tfw I drive a '94

Auctions rock and it's worth making friends with someone who can buy at them.

Some dealers offer the service so they will buy for you at Copart etc. You can find more info online.

>The downside there is you're more open to getting screwed over.

Not if you know your shit. I worked at a used car dealer and I always buy private party unless I put the vehicle together myself. Dealers only care about getting the shitbox off the lot. Many dealer vehicles are auction buys slapped together with varying quality using other salvage parts. If done right on something like a pickup truck it's fine, but many dealers don't do it quite right.

I'm driving a salvage truck I helped build from three others. It has a clear title (a clear donor beats Carfax) and runs fine, but Joe Sixpack won't do as well from a dealer.

Want a deal? Learn more about cars than "ooh, shiny!" then haunt Craigslist for scores. They are always out there.