Give me the lowdown on the S2000, Veeky Forums

Give me the lowdown on the S2000, Veeky Forums

Small, light, good chassis, food engine in stock form. No power under 4k, great tranny, most are dogged to shit.

Definitely would buy one if I had the budget. They are appreciating like fuck now so soon the might go the same way as the supra. But honestly I dont think there are many flaws with this car, everything is good about it. And the under 4k deadzone only makes it better for daily driving. If you have the chance to get your hands on a tidy one, go for it OP

you're a target for robbery. they look high dollar and theyll cut your convertible top. probably the only benefits of the m5 miata is that it's such a poorfags car that the thieves assume you have nothing of value in it.

Excellent drivers car. Won't help you get laid though. And a pussy magnet is the most important part in a car, as we all know.

Good car, no low end torque. Less fun than a NC miata but also better looking

It's the car equivalent of a 600CC SuperSport Bike.

No balls until you cross the threshold.

Suspension is good enough to let you carry insane speed through the corners, but also good enough that a shitty driver will wreck if they push it.

Slow, need to rev the guts off it to get any power, heavy for a 2 seat """sports""" car, horrible economy, expensive parts and insurance, expensive road tax, ugly, handles like a wet sponge

overrated
good handling but the feedback on the wheel is not that good due to electric steering

engine is also not that great, it deserves praise for such a power output from 4cyl NA, but they tend to shit themselves during the track use
it also behaves like a turbo anyway, with a power lag until like 3,5k rpms

It's made in Germany, so you know it's good.

Slower than a Miata around a track, but faster in a straight line

It's basically a worse NC Miata. It makes more power over 6,800 RPM, has a better power to weight ratio than a Miata over 7,900 RPM, weighs more at any RPM, is less stiff than the NC Miata, and has a small, poorly shaped trunk with a tiny opening and shitty numb electric power steering, not to mention a toxic fanbase.

When you manage to make a car that's literally worse than the worst Miata, you really need to rethink things.

I dare say a lot of that comes down to tyre improvements as much as chassis development

It's the tryhard version of the Miata

I say this not because I know anything about cars, but because I am a professional shitposter

Or driver, or weather. That's what makes comparing production car lap times a stupid fucking endeavor.

It has won a whole lot of consumer satisfaction awards for years.

A miata or an aw11 is faster around corners

it revs high but is dead as fuck in the lower rpms

It is truly the best gay hairdresser car ever made. It will get you to the salon faster than you can lisp "ambiguous sexuality!"

>extremely over inflated used market price that's getting worse
upside
>it's the perfect roadster

>living in a shit area

get good lmao there's two porsches and convertible F-gen bmw's on my road and nobody cares

Unless this was driven by Pobst, there lap times are void.

S2000 is better in every aspect than a fucking Miata.

>S2000 is better in every aspect than a fucking Miata.

miata engine can actually withstand a track day

>S2000 is better in every aspect than a fucking Miata.

and the kicker is the ap1 is 16years old

>no torque
>typical CL ad:
>2001 s2000 ap1 *lists various shitty modifications*
>rebuilt title
>201,587 miles
>8 previous owners
>$9,800 cash only no lowballers I know what I have

Cool cars but overpriced. Any decent ones are going to be over 15k

Where are you located? Here in socal the average price for a nice ap1 is 9-12k.

wow lol

Everything you said is wrong. Did u mean to post this in the mazda3 thread?

Confirmed for never having driven a car Atleast you re honest
It's mid corner speed is the same if not better than the nsx
>mfw it's nearly 20k for a good one in Europe

That's why Miatas can't keep up for shit with my stock AP1 @ Barber?

Gotcha. Good job bench racing

F20C w/ 135k and multiple track days and no problems.

You trying to make a point?

>handles like a wet sponge
lmao thanks for letting us all know you're autistic user.

check it on the dyno
you'll end up unpleasantly surprised

>I've never driven a car in my life: the post

It's funny because it's true.

A gay couple in my town has one of these, they drive it all the time. One of them even wears a scarf and Jackie O glasses sometimes.

Wew lad, another quality fastestlaps post!