Story thread

I'm sure no one I know in real life browses Veeky Forums, so here goes...

>a few days ago
>decide to help someone from work learn some basics of driving
>tfw driving is not something you "learn", it is a skill which you can be good or bad at. It's just something you have to do and get better at over time
>so I essentially just agree to supervise him while he drives my 2017 Elantra
>ohgodwhathaveidone.jpg
Fast forward to the actual day. I pick him up and take him to a nearby parkinglot. The parkinglot is not nearly as big as I wanted but I assumed it would be good enough.

>friendo gets in the car. Did I mention he's a fattie?
>literally so fat he takes up the entire driver's seat and his chest is touching the wheel. Cannot see the pedals anymore because his tree trunk sized legs are blocking the view
>I suggest he adjusts the seat back using the bar beneath the driver's seat; he cannot reach it
>user take your seatbelt off so you can reach it
>so horribly obese he cannot reach beneath the seat with either hand AND the driver's door open
>I ask him "Have you driven before?"
>yeah with my step-dad but it's been a while
In hindsight I should have stopped right there. But I proceeded

>he confuses the accelerator with the brake pedal
>had one foot on each pedal
>feet were so fat he might have actually covered both pedals with one foot with minimal effort. I may be exaggerating with this but it was hard to see what was going on down there
>to make a long story short, he floored it and accelerated too much too fast
>braked too harshly
>almost ran into parked cars in front of us. He literally couldn't even handle driving in a straight line

It was very scary and I was stupid to agree to do this in a new car. But I wanted to help and he had no one to help him. Pic related my car. You need to be gentle with it, there's never a need to floor it in this car

Shit story, 0/10

>nobody in real life knows I browse Veeky Forums
Yeah nice try Jeremy. How about you don't insult my weight you piece of shit, it was my first time driving your little Korean turd. See you at work, "friend"

>literally so fat he takes up the entire driver's seat and his chest is touching the wheel.

Mr MegaFat cannot legally drive then. A clearance is required for the airbag to deplay. If Mr MegaFat had hit those parked cars, you would have been sued by him or his family to take care of him for the rest of his life due to physical damage from your airbag.

Because you consented to have him in your car as the driver, you have legal responsibility in the lawsuit. It was lucky he didn't hit any parked cars to set off your airbags.

>so horribly obese he cannot reach
How does he wipe his butt clean?
So his butt is dirty when he sits in your seat.
Your driver's seat smells like shit now?

Picture: Cat watching cars go by. There's probably a story behind this cat, but I don't know it.

I like your style, friend.

Please I don't wanna think about that

I just can't imagine how fat you'd have to be to not be able to fit into an Elantra. I say this as a formerly 450lb obese monster man. When I was 375 I had a lot of trouble stuffing myself into my brother's miata. But at 250 now I can now sit very comfortably in about any mid size, and a little tight in compacts.

Isn't Elantra a full size? Damn he must be huge.

In his defense my Elantra is the SE model. Unsure what difference this makes. But damn.

>drivan back from work
>atta red light
>pick up truck in front, guy giving thumbs up in the rear window
>start moving, moves into other lane to let me through
>cuts off shitbox Kia behind me
It may have had something to do with the top being down, or with the slightly too loud deep purple that was playing

>Please I don't wanna think about that
Other people's sick feces are not something you should have to mess with. So, You should check your seat and clean it as necessary.

After you sit in a dirty seat, you then sit in your furniture at home and cross contaminate them with someone else's fecal residue. Maybe you like anal. So it doesn't matter to you because touching someone else's anus is okay with you. If so, please touch my anus.

>2017 Elantra
How do you like it, OP? Did you purchase it? If so, why did you choose it over the others?

Why not something used?

I purchased it to replace my aging Ford. My dad had a 2016 Elantra and let me test drive it and I kinda liked it.

After I purchased the 2017 Elantra (they had no 2016s left) I immediately felt weird about it because it's DIFFERENT. It's not the same as my old Ford. But differences aside, the new Elantra is very comfortable, very gentle. Easy and boring might describe it well, too. It's an automatic transmission. Not a lot to say. I have come to enjoy it even though it's not the same as my old car. I'm just biased towards car manufacturers from overseas (Hyundai is from South Korea). I prefer American car manufacturers.

I got new because I wanted to. Automatic because I wanted it. I've never had a new car before and I wanted something all my own that had not been potentially abused by previous owners. And yes I intend to keep this thing for as long as possible.

In all id say it's a good car, the 40 miles to a gallon is real nice. It's easy on gas. Kinda handsome. It's nice l

damn op

very nice car though, keep it looking fresh

>wasting money on an auto econobox instead of spending 3-5k on a nice used civic
Kill yourself

Maybe I'll get that as my next vehicle if this one craps out on me in 15 years. No big deal.

>a busrider posting on Veeky Forums
Nice try user

such a garbage story
>haha, LITERALLY guys, he is LITERALLY doing things. This is not a metaphor, I repeat; this is not a metaphor!

kill yourself you stupid nerd

>keep it looking fresh

Keep it smelling fresh too
Did you check the seat the fattie sat in?

>Because you consented to have him in your car as the driver, you have legal responsibility in the lawsuit.
No he doesn't you retard.

I have a 2016 Elantra GT and am 6' 1", and a big fat 300lbs and there's so much room. I would have to put the seat at the forwardmost setting to make my body touch the steering wheel and even then it wouldn't be touching by much.

Oh god

OP, did you get him trained up on how to drive? How many tries did it take before he finally drove properly?

>never a need to floor it in this car
>4banger econobox

How about safely merging onto freeways?

so the point of this story is your friend is bad at driving?
and that he's fat?

lame story