[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

You retards took too long to make one so now you gotta deal with my shite thread edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map

google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>may not increase penis size
cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
Boring gifums with shounds:
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4TODr3JZ1tU?t=333
twitter.com/AnonBabble

honda a shit!!!

R9t scrambler

Piggu fattu

Lmfao, that is the gnarliest high side I have ever seen. Did he have any injuries?

Nice res dickwad

he fractured his ankle and got a concussion being declared unfit to race.

How come they let you ride bikes in the woods?

I'm used to not even being able to ride bicycles where I live, generally.
Is it a third world thing?

God damn...yeah you can see bits of the helmet shatter off when he hit the ground. Must have been a hard as fuck hit

They still run at Imola?
I could've gone and seen it

Where you able to find the non movie version?

*were

WSBK, WSS and STK1000 race there yes.

youtu.be/4TODr3JZ1tU?t=333

cracking track it is too.

>the non movie version

I dunno what you mean

Pathetic.
>Nobody is buying our cuckbikes
>Lets copy the competition by recycling our hipster bike
>Buts its to heavy to ever be useful
>I dont care we need the money because tyrones keeps raping my boipucci until i pay

There are two ovas and a movie, the movie is a slightly different version of the two ova cut together.

Last time i saw it the episodes were on youtube

oh okay.

I'd be more interested in finding the mango anyway.

The show sucked aside from that highside.

>tfw you post a webm because you can't remember what it is and you want to see it without having to open your webm folder

Why don't the manufacturers focus on making the bikes lighter?
I think it's one of the main reasons KTM is that successful, yet most of the other manufacturers don't seem to care

>streaming
I still haven't seen it, it's on my hdd.
Didn't search the manga, try senmanga or rawcs for the raw.

>yfw it's actually a .gif
kill me

>gif

Fuck remember that? when they first enabled webms.

>gif

>make bikes lighter
Just lift more, fagget.

>posting things you haven't posted in a long time
>not riding on a lovely sunny Sunday because you broke your shifter and are waiting for a replacement

>I think it's one of the main reasons KTM is that successful
no
it's because the'yre more or less the only ones that sell Enduro bikes.
dat ass tho

>it's because the'yre more or less the only ones that sell Enduro bikes.
Maybe
but I'm talking about the street bikes, which are basically lighter than all of their competitors and quite popular

pls

>talking about the street bikes
>KTM
are we talking about the same KTM?
what streetbikes do you mean? The Supermotos?
`lmao´

0-4 be productive
5-9 shitpost

ugh i was almost in a productive mood too

I think he means like the RC8 and the superduke, but they weren't really often lighter than their competition...

Supermotos technically can count as street bikes, too,
The normal dukes were very light
The Superdukes are not very light, but lighter than many competitors (gsxs 1000, s1000r for example)
And also the RC8, yes

>RC8 and the superduke
do they even sell these anymore haha

Im 20 and want to buy my first bike but i dont know any friend or anyone in my family who knows stuff about bikes.. I was already thinking of paying a mechanic or some expert some money to inspect the bike with me.

Im more interested in choppers than sport bikes. What is the price i should pay for my first bike? Which brand? Any general recommendations are highly appreciated. Also, i was thinking of spending tops 5k euro or like 5.5 k dollars

>Im more interested in choppers
try reddit

>lighter than many competitors (gsxs 1000, s1000r for example)

heavier, the word is heavier.

>GSX-S1000 wet weight: 209 kg
>S1000R wet weight: 207 kg
>SD1290 wet weight: 214 kg

seriously what's wrong

Honda Shadow 125cc

Honestly man, that is a bad idea. When I first started riding, I didn't know shit about bikes from a mechanical perspective and I also just decided to pay a mechanic to "look it over" and it just ended up being a huge waste of money. Most people in this world are complete retards that put zero heart/effort into anything they do...and the mechanic you come across is probably going to be one of those people. And to boot they'll rip you off

The good thing about motorcycles is there really isn't a lot that can be wrong with them. "Lemons" don't really exist in the pre-owned world. It either runs or it doesn't. The motors and transmissions tend to be fairly bulletproof and considering most bikes are either crashed (totaled) or stolen so if you come across a bike, there is a good chance it's actually in pretty good mechanical shape.

All the mechanic is going to do is listen to the engine, check for visible damage, and check bearings on the parts. You can do all of that yourself in about 2 minutes.

Guys I plan on buying a bike in the spring. It would be my first bike. I like the pic related look but I'm 195cm tall and I think I'd look silly and it wouldn't be comfortable.

Can you recommend me some easy to maintain and cheap bikes for tall people?

dual sports

DR 650

xr650L for tall people, dr650 can get kinda cramped feeling for lanky people.

You are fucked. Your only option is to ride a dirt bike/dual sport/adventure bike., all of which are gay bikes only faggots tend to ride

Get a new generation R1. Seat height is around 33 inches

0/10

I'm never going to drive off road.

Can a guy just fix some road tires on those bikes and drive it like a regular bike?

Thanks for advice.

that looks like a nice bike, how much should i pay for used one? they are around 3k euro here with 2000 miles is that too much?

so you recommend checking out youtube guides for buying bikes?

yep, theyre great cheap commuters since theyre light and simple.
if you want something more road oriented look into anything that qualifies as an adv bike or a sport tourer. they have similar upright ergos, are typically taller than other bikes and are very comfy to be on for extended time

look up Supermoto

how 2 adjust clutch?

>Can a guy just fix some road tires on those bikes and drive it like a regular bike?
yes, but it's not ideal if you want to go sonic

Look into sport nakeds. They're like sportbikes but with higher bars so you're not so hunched over.

I'm a manlet at 175cm and my sport naked is a bit too tall for me.

>I'm a second-year rider on an R3, started out on a Ninja 250. For any anons unfamiliar with the inside-baseball, the Ninja 250 is ranked somewhere in the 3-5 range of best bike, while the R3 and GS500 duke it out over the 1 and 2 slots. I was always impressed by the performance of the Ninja 250, but it just isn't in the same league as my R3. The drop-off in engine performance when you leave the 250cc class is pretty steep, and it must be even steeper when you look at sub-250cc bikes. I mean this in the least arrogant way possible. The consensus on /dbt/ is that most of the value-added comes from the additional low-end torque. I can't speak to the quality of other bikes, but the dominance of the R3 self-perpetuates pretty easily. Knowing that I'm riding the best performing bike for its class is a comforting thought.

Lol, you are completely delusional. Exactly what "class" is that? You bought a 321cc displacement bike so it goes faster than a 250cc. There is no class. You are competing with yourself. Also, a Ninja 250 sells for $1,500 while your R3 sells for $5,500. Meanwhile it literally makes only 6 more horsepower than the pregen ninjas and costing a fuck ton more. Sorry bro, it's a meme bike. It would be good general value purchase if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

>Moving from a ninja 250 to an R3
jesus christ

scroll dat wheel

literally spin the knurled nut on the wire

There's 3 of them.

1 near the lever and 2 near the engine

the one near the lever

if you don't know how to adjust a lever, please don't touch anything close to the engine.

Butthe free play on the lever is fine I need to adjust it because it's slipping.

then you need a new clutch

xt660x, versys, good for tall people, i guess easy to work on because 1 / 2 cylinders, good fuel economy
any "driving school" vehicle like er6-n, cbf600, gsf600
if you want to go sanic right away you the option of a smiling daytona 600/650 or early 2000 gsxr, not recommended tho

t. i'm 1.94

you need a new clutch

>He doesn't know the power of the Meme Machine

Also, I cant find a pregen ninja 250 for under $2200 on my Craigslist, and I bought my R3 brand new for $4300.
A 10 year old R3 would be that cheap as well; some people just prefer to have a new bike.

Other than that though, I do agree with you on every point.
Not to say that the bike being in its own class is a bad thing, though. I think it's great that Im on a bike thatll last me a bit longer enjoyment-wise than the standard beginner bike

Naked + seat rise
T. 190cm

Sorry, I should add "in good condition" to the thing about a pregen kawy.
Theres a few around me that are $1500+, but they really need work

doesnt the r3 compete with the rc390 and it get annihilated by it in every area?
forgetting about reliability that is.

Please drink bleach for the love of god

>the bike being in its own class

what did he mean by this

the ktm seems to be the one out of the 4 that is in its own class

Can you give me some models so I can check them out?

well maybe because it has 100cc more

probably because it's a 390 and not a 300

v-strom 650

Nigga, how exactly does the R3 compete with the RC390? This is the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. There is no "class" for any of these meme bikes. It's some obscure displacement. It competes with no one but itself. They are good bikes, just overpriced. If they were selling at the same price as the Ninja, they would be GOAT

50cc more actually, r3 is 320cc, rc390 is 370

>My 250 has more power than all of them
Shaking my head family

>50cc more actually, r3 is 320cc, rc390 is 370
fuck logic

This
To be honest i'd rather have KKK bitching 24/7 than you

Maybe that's the case, I don't have a KTM dealer anywhere near me so I never even considered it.

Already been done, my friend.

Just going off what user said. What I meant was that it's a nice improvement over the 250's, I was just using the wrong wording.

Yeah this is mostly true, I just think people overestimate how much you actually pay. If you're paying MSRP, you have issues.

Really though. They need to label these things more accurately lol

i know right, would think they could all just finish th job and make the bikes 400cc.

How terrible are say XT225 or XT250s on the highway?

I want a more commute friendly bike, so I'm looking at dual sports. I tried riding a DRZ400 but the seat height is out of control, I could barely get one foot down when coming to a stop. So a "full-size" dual-sport bike is kind of out.

Or let me re-phrase this, which of the 200-250cc dual sports sucks the least?

RC390 also has USD forks, something the other small cc sports don't have. The question is, is the RC390 suspension any good?

Choppers you say

being a ktm would think the suspension is WP but idk

ktm freeride or you suffer the with under powered bikes with shitty throttle response.
and no 250 is comfy at highway speeds.

Help a noob out

where is the choke on my Yamaha YBR 125?

Suspension being upside down does not automatically make it good, upside down and right side up are functionally identical, the only difference is stiffness and flex, not operational effectiveness.

on the throttle body part of the carburetor

on the carby...?

I'd say XTZ 250 or the Honda Tornado 250.
Just to get started with a good bike, a small cc, not expensive and, mainly, a fun bike you won't get bored too soon.

it's the A2 leaner bike class. Before the new regulations those where the 250s but they upped the limit to 48hp, therefore they could add some power to the beginner bikes.

doesn't make sense for americans tho

its fuel injected

>chocke
>EFI
nigger come on

Aprilia Shiver
Yamaha fz 07
Yamaha fz 09
Kawasaki Z750
Honda CB 650f

it doesnt have a choke then... well it does but it is automatic..

are you baiting us

Literally spent 20 mins looking all over for what and consulting the manual.

wew.

Hence why I asked, is it any good.

Obviously it can have USD forks and still have shit valving and the wrong rate springs.

>none of the locals dealers even list it.
>closest one is 3 hours and 2 bridges away.
>check yelp, known for bait and switch.

you could always learn that you don't need to put both feet down on a dual sport and just get a real bike like a beta480rr

>tfw no 300RR