/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 4th:
1798 – Beginning of the Russo-Ottoman siege of Corfu.
1839 – Newport Rising: The last large-scale armed rebellion against authority in mainland Britain.
1852 – Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
1912 – First Balkan War: The First Battle of Çatalca begins - an attempt by Bulgaria to break through the last defensive line before the Turkish capital Constantinople.
1918 – World War I: The Armistice of Villa Giusti between Italy and Austria-Hungary is implemented.
>News
EU4 DD 01/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-november-2016.979421/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7YnGrRfGko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

White

nth for I'm with her

Interesting starts/goals for CK2?

Thinking of doing a christian india run, among other things.

>Get called into defensive war by my bro Austria
>See this

What. This doesnt even make sense, they are the #2 great power.

Post religious mapmodes

>implying victoria 2 has a religious mapmode

Should I try to annex Africa in EU4? Or is it a waste of time?

no but there's this

11th for now we wait

How the hell did Islam get to Indonesia

>those balkans
it hurts

Meant for

Vic2 should have a religious mapmode tbqh

Why play Victoria 2 when you can play HOI4?

Why bait when you can contribute?

Getting ready to play VicII with HPM, who should I play and what should my final government be?

When will HPM rise from the dead?

Use the nation picker in the OP or you'll just get meme answers m8

Ottomans
Monarchy

I'm willing to try a full meme nation
Should I try to lock down the Balkans or should I focus on something else?

PLAY AS BHUTAN BECOME THE THUNDER DRAGON KING

Expand until Vienna.

If a country joins a religious league in the HRE, can they leave it later? Or are they locked in until the war?

Alright, gonna try this. I'll try to conquer Sikkim and Nepal too.

Argentina to La Plata.
Would be cool if you could make a monarchy that is hard so fascism would be acceptable.

Hello, anons of /gsg/. I'm oldfag /pol/tard and I left after /pol/harbor and havent given this site a second thought. I thought I should come post on this general because one I have some information for you and two because I kind of feel sorry for you fags.

I am product marketer for Paradox Interactive. Within the next 48 hours paradox shills will advertise Hearts of Iron 4 and the latest DLC for EU4 to make up for loses made in the last quarter. The three main targets are in order from highest priority to lowest

Veeky Forums's /gsg/
Reddit.com (we will try to get some advertisements on the front page of reddit by using voting manipulation and buying up accounts)
/paradoxplaza/

This will no doubt fuck up this general, and fuck up your board. If someone praises paradox or openly likes HOI4 just know they are actually paid to say this. I would advise leaving this board for week, things will get really nasty.

Turkroaches are still spreading in Bulgaria.

Why does this always happen? Why does the turks always assimilate everyone in this game?

THEY'RE DOING IT! 26+6=1!

>implying this hasn't been going on for months

Rip reddit

What is the best PDOX game and why is it Hearts of Iron IV?

What do?

>implying Paradox cares about /gsg/
Next thing you're going to say is that /gsg/ has an official steam group.

Also, who let the /pol/tard leave its cage?

>redditors coming on our thread
>paradox shilling on our thread
>steamgroup/discord shitposting on our thread

When will the madness end

>Hello anons

Literally r e d d I t the post kys

>who let the /pol/tard leave its cage?
I like how you say that as if /gsg/ isn't /pol/.
Fuck off, redditor.

>play x country in EU 4 extended timeline victorian era
>play x country in Vic 2

Royalists
youtube.com/watch?v=y7YnGrRfGko

>I like how you say that as if /gsg/ isn't /pol/.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but /gsg/ dates back when Veeky Forums was created. /pol/ is one of those stupid new boards created to contain cancer, like /mlp/ and /lgbt/.
To contain old cancer... this shit is like /news/, only worse.

Is this real?

Somehow i have a vassal in my scandanavian empire along the baltic sea that managed to blob all the way to the volga river any tips on stopping this.

based "Hello, anons of /gsg/. I'm oldfag /pol/tard and I left after /pol/harbor and havent given this site a second thought. I thought I should come post on this general because one I have some information for you and two because I kind of feel sorry for you fags.

I am product marketer for Paradox Interactive. Within the next 48 hours paradox shills will advertise Hearts of Iron 4 and the latest DLC for EU4 to make up for loses made in the last quarter. The three main targets are in order from highest priority to lowest

Veeky Forums's /gsg/
Reddit.com (we will try to get some advertisements on the front page of reddit by using voting manipulation and buying up accounts)
/paradoxplaza/

This will no doubt fuck up this general, and fuck up your board. If someone praises paradox or openly likes HOI4 just know they are actually paid to say this. I would advise leaving this board for week, things will get really nasty." poster

Prove to me your real and your not just shitposting for attention

FOR THE QUEEN!

>absolute monarchy
WEW

t. Johan

THEY DID IT! Well, I kinda helped them wrecking England, but still.

frogs BTFO

Top kek.

Don't worry, France. I'll Soon® feed you the Francien Burgundian lands. So you can beat your riv... oh wait...

>allowing the """"country"""" of france to exist
>ever

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I lose every battle in EU4 on very easy difficulty.
What am I doing wrong?

>What am I doing wrong?

Playing EU$

enclaves are cute!

all you need to do is __________________git______gud_____________________________

>That blue in the corner.
You will never be secure until that country is gone

Funny part is that I didn't even interfere on the balkanization of France at the beginning. England, Burgundy+Brittany and [I think] Castile did it.

I would only release and vassalize Gascony when they were weak.

I eventually took the English and Castilian provinces on southern France, but the damage was done.

They have some sweet cores that will never expire. Nuff' said.

I'm crashing this Prussia...

Which blue? France? they are allied with Burgundy who just rivaled me

>very easy difficulty

>What am I doing wrong?
Play on normal and read the wiki.

Hey Burgundy... I've heard you mumbling something about "ie join le coalitio!"... sorry, too slow.

You say you're a Latin, but you stink rotten cabbages like a nigger - or worse, a german. Here comes punishment.

Are EU4 posters also part of the problem?

I don't think you have enough forts.

>tfw you give your anglo brethren two simple objectives and they actually do a proper naval invasion to get them

>1545
>flanders and holland STILL getting cucked by the eternal clog frog

Why the fuck did they make Italy so competent as to overrun Egypt anyway? Entirely ahistorical.

Five more years and the Dutch rebellions begin to wreck them. Just to be safe, I'll avoid giving Provence the Flemish and Douche provinces.

(The Netherlands might be useful... after all, they won't have AE against me.)

And the clusterfuck will eventually fix itself.
I wish I could send Poland paper mana so they become the Commonwealth.

Arumba and Filthy are beginning a new EU4 tutorial series, I suggest you to watch it. Arumba might have some brainfarts, but he's an excellent player, and being forced to explain what he's doing (Filthy is a newbie at GS) will help.

How do I change from Animist to another religion?

Currently playing a Ternate Ironman thanks to the random country button. Fun so far, but I fear for my asshole if I remain animist in the future.

when you conquer/colonize another province that is nonpagan you get a decision I think

When will Alex Sandro Grandi aka HPM will be E X P O S E D?

1-3 swedenyes
4-6 ottomen
7-9 swamp germans
0 some meme nation

What game?

One more and I'll form Tuscany and Italy.

none of your business cuck

top cuck

you friendly motherFUCKER

Free military access. Although I'm just resetting the truce, so they can't join the coalition. I need to annex Shitzerland and Gascony first.

>TFW first major colonial war is between you and Portugal because you want to suck Italian dick and the Portuguese abandoned you a long time ago

At least I have the Thirteen colonies.

U wan coroniarism waito piggu?

wtf

Free military access.

I beelined exploration, colonised micronesia and discovered the new world before anyone else, thus making the glorious Middle Kingdom the father of colonialism. It's one of the few institutions that you can actually trigger outside of yurop.

Fine, I won't waste manpower with a micronation speaking some shitty Provençal patés. Now fuck off.

>breaking the alliance with Pet-ugal
You caused this to yourself.

So, now that the dust has settled, I guess we can agree that the innovations Paradox made on the HoI series were amazing and that they are on the right track.

This. Also, EU4 is an in depth strategy game that is akin to no other in complexity.

Those are some cancerous borders, but I need to avoid Dutch, Wallonian and Francien provinces.

Finally they settled up the war. I was tired of "my great consul, Castile/England took the English/Castilian colony of Pará!". This drives the Brazilians nuts. *ba dum tss*

Army composition, use a general, don't attack in mountains or across rivers

Oh fug the eternal anglo may have overstretched a bit. God knows how they could overstretch when I've been feeding them >500 IC for two years but they managed. I've got a 4-corps army sitting on the eastern seaboard that may be able to make it there in time to save them, otherwise this game is going to get a lot more interesting.

Move some armies to Ireland for muh Boston.

Wales broke free.

I don't know if I want Scotland doing the same. Odds are they won't colonize, and the irony of a free Scotland under the name "England" would be lost.

Wait a second, why do they have all of Ireland in the first place?

Woohoo, hot rebel-on-rebel action!

Well, I think I'll let Scotland break free. They won't have AE against me anyway.
Not that I can interfere anyway... England refuses to give me access.

I just created Scandinavia as a reformed norse pagan and the great holy war era has begun.

However, as soon as I declare on of those on a christian, all other rulers start sucking each others dicks off and gangrape me into submission.

Is there an optimal way to go about this? How are pagan holy wars used efectively?

I declared war on Ireland so they could reclaim their rightful clay.